Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avalox Fan Club - please check in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
petra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2016 at 9:47am
SEEKING OLD AVALOX P 500 ST FOR OLD CLIPPER ALSER+ OLD BTY POWER FEEALING  EMAIL [email protected]  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.....
Sponsored Links

jonasnymose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:00am
Even though this thread looks dead, I'm gonna comment anyways.

I'm gonna start at tabletennis this coming week after a 6 years break. I must say that I'm an Avalox fan for sure. I bought a new BT555, since that's what I played mostly and best with back then. I also had a BT550. 
But for me last mentioned was too dead on passive balls and too springy on offensive ones. BT555 had a better balance, and I liked the handle better. Not as thin. My new one feels a bit lighter than I remember and I use the same rubbers. So I suspected that I might have gotten a BT550 instead (I ordered it preassembled). But it measures closer to 6 than 5.5 mm. And the 2nd layer looks different than 3rd layer, so it must be a BT555. I probably just got lucky and got one of the lighter ones :) 
And I love the purple btw Tongue

Edited by jonasnymose - 08/22/2020 at 10:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

OK, just short review:

BT550:  soft and flexible, in the style of Stiga Allround Classic, but a bit firmer, due to thicker core compared to Stiga Allround Classic.  Good for looping.  Blocking and hitting need to be right on the sweetspot, as it is flexible.  Short game needs gentler touch because of the springy effect.

BT555:  medium in hardness and a bit flexible, in the style of Offensive Classic and Dicon.  It is thicker than OC but about the same thickness as Dicon.  Good for looping.  Better blocking and hitting compared to BT550.  Short game is about the same.  BT555 is constructed of limba - spruce - ayous - spruce - limba.

P500:  similar to BT555 but a bit firmer.  It is constructed of koto - spruce - ayous - spruce - koto, so has a bit of firm feeling.  The spring or catapult effect is also less compared to BT555, so it is better for short game and blocking/hitting.  

I would say that I like P500 better, then BT550 and last BT555 (very similar to Dicon).

Now, the 7-ply:

P700 vs. BT777:  both are constructed from the same materials.  Thickness is about the same.  Both are good for looping, but very good for blocking and hitting (of course, it's 7-ply).  Compared to Stiga Clipper, it is better for looping but a bit worse for blocking/hitting (of course, Clipper is around 6.8-6.9 mm in thickness, while P700 and BT777 are around 6.2 mm in thickness).  They are more solid compared to P500 and BT555, but compared to Clipper, they are a bit flexy.

I would say that I like P700 better compared to BT777.  BT777 has more trampoline/catapult effect.

Weight:
BT550 = 87 - 88 grams
BT555 = 81 grams
P500 = 86 - 87 grams (IIRC)
BT777 = 82 grams
P700 = 89 grams (IIRC)

It's been awhile since I was EJing so my impression was based on the experience back then.

So would you say that a P700 is a bit slower and bit more controllable than a BT777? 
I tried a Clipper before the 40+ days, and I found it a bit too direct and had trouble controlling it. So if I in the future wanted to "upgrade" from BT555, would a BT777 or P700 be an obvious choice? since I suspect that they have a bit more dwell time than Clipper. Or would 'Edge' be a better choice, if anyone have tried that one? Or is it about the same as a BT555?

Edited by jonasnymose - 08/22/2020 at 10:24am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:18am
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

I currently have 3 BT550 my blade of choice when speed glue was around.. also have a p500, BT555, P700 and also had AVX J-tech, J-Aramid, Hado blades... i like all their blades...from the current blades the 555 is faster then all of them the spring in this blade is insane...it is a monster for a mid distance looper...the blade lifts the ball on its own that is how much spring there is in it...i had a couple beforehand and none were this springy and fast...

Odd, I felt that the BT550 had more catapult, hmm interesting.

Edited by jonasnymose - 08/22/2020 at 10:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:30am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

That BT 777 looks like it has a big juicy squarish handle. Nice pics...what happened to the purple handle?

My old BT555 also turned greyish after sucking up all that sweat and dirt over time.
ncsteve View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2020 at 9:13pm
My P700 just arrived! Can't wait to slap on the two sheets of 802-40 I ordered and hit some balls. I am expecting quite a change from the Sanwei M8 I have been using.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 2:42am
cool!
What is a Sanwei M8 equalant to? P500, bt555, OC and such? Or more like bt550 and Allround Evolution?
ncsteve View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 9:52am
To me, the M8 is similar to the Stiga Allround classic, maybe a little faster. It's a cheap blade I used to transition to short pips a few months ago. I had been playing hardbat only for the past 10+ years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 10:14am
aah okay, Yeah then it might be a bit similar to bt550 and and Allround Evolution :) then for sure it's gonna be quite different, And then I Think it might be too big of a jump. I would probably go with either bt555 or p500 as transition. But if you already bought it, then you could try it out and see for yourself if it's right for you or not. That's the best way to figure it out haha 😄

Edited by jonasnymose - 08/23/2020 at 10:16am
ncsteve View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 2:49pm
Yes, sometimes it is! I felt that I had to try the P700 after reading all the recommendatios for it as one of the best attacking blades for short pips ever! I will let you know how the comparison goes after I get some rubber sheets on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2020 at 2:57pm
great! I would like that.
I'm considering the BT777, Because it's a bit lighter and a bit more flexible. I once tried a Clipper, which is stiffer than both. Passive balls were controllable, but with offensive shots I had a tendency to overshoot, because I was used to bt555. It felt like I jumped over a lot of gears. But both p700 and bt777 Should have more dwell, so I guess that they'll be more controllable for offensive game. I hope so :)     
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2020 at 12:43am
It's funny what equipment feels at home with the ABS balls. I like my current P500 for the same reasons I liked my original Virtuoso L, but maybe this is a touch crisper for flat hits.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2020 at 5:49am
what equipment have you noticed people mentioning feels more at home with the plastic balls? 

Edited by jonasnymose - 08/24/2020 at 5:52am
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2020 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by jonasnymose jonasnymose wrote:

I'm considering the BT777, Because it's a bit lighter and a bit more flexible. I once tried a Clipper, which is stiffer than both. Passive balls were controllable, but with offensive shots I had a tendency to overshoot, because I was used to bt555. It felt like I jumped over a lot of gears. But both p700 and bt777 Should have more dwell, so I guess that they'll be more controllable for offensive game. I hope so :)     

Anybody has tried C555 ma wenge?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

I would like to know as well. How much faster it is compared to bt777? (that I just got myself. Like it better Than bt555 with same rubbers. I find bt777 easier to use like it fits me better. There aren't Much difference between them though) 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2020 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by sampa sampa wrote:

Smile J-POWER , MA WENGE CARBON , P700 , NITTAKU AVALOX BT777Wink

How Much difference do you find there is between bt777 and Ma Wenge Carbon?
lucascarvalho View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucascarvalho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2020 at 7:36pm
Can someone suggest a alternative to Ma Wenge c555? I have a old one and in my country i can't find a store to buy this blade.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2020 at 9:28pm

I really enjoyed the few months that I played the C555 Ma Wenge with ABS balls. During celluloid balls it was too fast for me to loop well. 

With ABS balls, I used the blue sponged Acuda P2 and P3. I found the blade to be very easy to control, and it provided enough spin with modern rubber to be effective for allround controlled attacking play.  

It plays very predictably with even the plastic balls. The blade seemed equally at home hitting and looping. Blocking was not fast but was easily controlled. The carbon, as you would suspect adds stability, but the blade still has good feel like some other inner carbon blades. 

I would still be using it, but I found the wings of the blade came too deep into the handle; I did not like the feel (even sanded soft) on my knuckles from a deeper grip.

And my playing partner liked the blade so much he purchased it from me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2020 at 4:18pm
is this so called c500 a chinese fake, or is it a new blade from Avalox?

Also Ruiba should be more suited for the plastic ball. Seems quite thin. Is it slower and more flexible than bt777 and c555 even though it has carbon and what looks like harder outer ply? Ma lin Carbon looks like a similar blade but with limba outer instead.  
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2020 at 2:22am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

I really enjoyed the few months that I played the C555 Ma Wenge with ABS balls. During celluloid balls it was too fast for me to loop well. 

With ABS balls, I used the blue sponged Acuda P2 and P3. I found the blade to be very easy to control, and it provided enough spin with modern rubber to be effective for allround controlled attacking play.  

It plays very predictably with even the plastic balls. The blade seemed equally at home hitting and looping. Blocking was not fast but was easily controlled. The carbon, as you would suspect adds stability, but the blade still has good feel like some other inner carbon blades. 

I would still be using it, but I found the wings of the blade came too deep into the handle; I did not like the feel (even sanded soft) on my knuckles from a deeper grip.

And my playing partner liked the blade so much he purchased it from me.

What would be its average speed with plastic balls ?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 2:06pm
Does Avalox make a stiff, all-wood, 5-ply? Basically, a 5-ply version of the P700. 
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2020 at 10:57pm
anybody who have tried bt777, p900 and J-power? I'm Very happy with my bt777, but was wondering if I could get more spin but same speed with one of the 2 others :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonasnymose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2020 at 11:02pm
p500 is the 5-ply version of p700. But p500 has koto outer instead of limba. 

Some says that bt777 Should be less stiff and therefore have more flex. That means it has slightly  more 5-ply caracteristics compared to p700.

P900 Should be a middle thing between p500 and p700. 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2020 at 9:05pm

What would be its average speed with plastic balls ?

I am not sure what you mean by "average speed".

But I would call the blade "OFF-" with plastic balls. With celluloid, the blade was solidly "OFF".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic