FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Zetro Quad Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

...  I am officially done with blade buying

Yeah... right... Big smile
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 12:30pm
I wonder how the ZQ compare to the Ignito, or Strato, or even Axelo...
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 12:33pm
Fatt changes blades more often than I change my undies and will continue to do so because he buys the same kind of blade everytime. The last 100 have almost been identical other than the writting on them. I would say its time for a radical change :). Go crazy and buy a willow 3 ply or something!

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

ZQ is slower than Ignito. ZQ has more dwell time and stiffer feeling to me. But the thicker hinoki somehow makes zq softer to the touch, while Ignito just a bit too bouncy to my taste.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

...  I am officially done with blade buying

Yeah... right... Big smile

April 1st was Monday...LOL
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Fatt changes blades more often than I change my undies and will continue to do so because he buys the same kind of blade everytime. The last 100 have almost been identical other than the writting on them. I would say its time for a radical change :). Go crazy and buy a willow 3 ply or something!
he he; I am trading my calix+ 1 ZQ for an almost brand new Matsush*ta Pro but...that's not buying; see??? I am listening to you. 
Seriously I agree with you: all the blades I like are fast, relatively stiff, not hard like a rock, 5 or 7 plies, between 84 and 93 grams...so it's time to stop the madness. The XZQ does it all though and that's what triggers my decision: I never had a blade that can unite all what I felt and said about all the other ones in the same class.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

ZQ is slower than Ignito. ZQ has more dwell time and stiffer feeling to me. But the thicker hinoki somehow makes zq softer to the touch, while Ignito just a bit too bouncy to my taste.
That's too bad, as I was hoping the Ignito is a slower of them all, like a poor man Photino light Smile.
tayyabsaeedkhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayyabsaeedkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 6:04am
cmetsbeltran15

Yeah, I ordered the lightest available at 89 to 90 gram zetro quad. The blade feels light but the weight of the setup comes from the two max m1.
But i pretty much like it.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 10:20am

I never had a blade that can unite all what I felt and said about all the other ones in the same class.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
By J R R Tolkien,

Look at my sig Wink
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

I never had a blade that can unite all what I felt and said about all the other ones in the same class.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
By J R R Tolkien,

Look at my sig Wink
WOW!

Who said a picture is worth a thousand words? I'd believe you with those better than with a picture or even a test!

I received my new XZQ this morning and, if enough pictures of the ZQ have been taken, I still wanted to play with the 1cm macro function of that relatively cheap ($175 refurbished)  Pentax X5 camera. 

Notice the plastic badge "Made in China" on the back of the handle.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 3:08pm
The outer plies are so thick! I wonder if they will come with a "ZQ light" offering thinner ones.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2013 at 3:51am
I wish I had a Matsush*ta pro, nice trade!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2013 at 4:21am
everything I own (tt blades related) is gone for 2 xzq and 2 matsush*ta pro; the last trade will be about a matsush*ta  pro for a matsush*ta  pro: i have st and fl now and will decide later what's best for me to let go so I have the same handles. FL always was my preference. 
After a robot session with the zq tonight (m2/m3 2mm) I feel like the switch to LP on the bh is pushed 10 years ahead. 
Feeeling optimistic right now....
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

I love the kiri core.

I got a new one too. As I'm not sure how fast this blade is, I will be testing it out with Omega IV Europe 2.0mm on bh and Stiga Calibra LT 2.0mm on fh. 

First impressions:

The look & craftsmanship of this blade sure doesn't ring "made in China".  If not for the label, most of us would say Made in Japan.

Played with this new blade setup for 2 hrs on the weekend. Felt really good & comfortable in the hand. The Omega 4 Europe rubber was more bouncy than the Calibra LT. The soft sponge of 4 Europe was just right for this blade, bh loops & flicks were easy. Blocks had good feel & stayed on the table. Very good control. The Calibra LT though not as bouncy, still gave ample power & spin. It's mostly higher throw. One thing that stood out was no feeling for the pushes & underspin serves. I know this happens to me whenever I use a new blade & rubbers for the first time. My feel should get better the more I play with this.  I thought the hinoki outer ply would help me get more feel, but not that much.

More impressions later.......

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
dashmista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashmista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 12:48am
First impressions after 2 hours of play:

It's got the solidness of a Gergely with the looping ability of a TB ZLF (well, not quite that loopy, but pretty damn close). It gives great control and feel for close table low-medium gear swings. When you step back and rip a few, the zylon fibers kick in and you access a new level of looping ability. Maybe I'm crazy, but I actually felt like I was getting more topspin on my loops than with my Viscaria. So far so good, will play again tomorrow.
Table Tennis Equipment Review FB EJ4LYFE at powerpingpong.com for
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 1:04am
Originally posted by dashmista dashmista wrote:

It's got the solidness of a Gergely with the looping ability of a TB ZLF (well, not quite that loopy, but pretty damn close). It gives great control and feel for close table low-medium gear swings. When you step back and rip a few, the zylon fibers kick in and you access a new level of looping ability. Maybe I'm crazy, but I actually felt like I was getting more topspin on my loops than with my Viscaria. So far so good, will play again tomorrow.
I feel glad a USATT 2000+ player confirms my impressions. This blade's a winner. I sense your see some great potential with it. 
BTW the Matsush*ta Pro is so freaking beautiful (your pm is full).
dashmista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashmista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 1:26am
Woops just cleared my inbox. Glad you like the MPS - there is no better modern defender blade. But yea, the ZQ really is great as far as I can tell. As an added bonus my rubbers transferred smoothly from the Viscaria, they seem to be roughly the same size / shape.
Table Tennis Equipment Review FB EJ4LYFE at powerpingpong.com for
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 10:11am

Originally posted by dashmista dashmista wrote:

I feel glad a USATT 2000+ player confirms my impressions. This blade's a winner. I sense your see some great potential with it. 
BTW the Matsush*ta Pro is so freaking beautiful (your pm is full).

US ~2200 practice partner tried it last night, loved it in every way, prefers it over ALC, Mizutani, and TB ZLC. 

Longer review to come.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 2:32pm
JimT is trying it tonight; let's see what he thinks.
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:47pm
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj225/gatz143/xiomblades.jpg

I have this 3 blades and i will compare each one of them.

Xiom Hayabusa zxi, Zetro Quad and Stradivarius:

The stiffest among the three is the stradivarius no feeling at all.

time out be back right away!

Edited by gatz - 04/11/2013 at 7:29pm
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by gatz gatz wrote:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj225/gatz143/xiomblades.jpg

I have this 3 blades and i will compare each one of them.

Which one are you selling? Big smile Wink
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Raden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 2:07pm
Compared to Adidas Fibertec Power, ZQ had very similar playing characteristics except it had a little better control but felt a lot softer. However, it's not too soft like some 7-ply wood blade that have a lot of vibration. Whenever, I pick up one of those 7 plys, they feel great and I play very well at first but then I lose feedback on my exact contact point, due to the vibration, and my play always goes downhill. The Zetro's soft feel doesn't get in the way of that feedback.

To me, a lot of other blades are good for dating but the Zetro Quad is the one I should have married a long time ago.
So little time, so much EJing to do
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2013 at 12:16am
Could somebody who have tried both blades compare ZQ with Hayabusa ZXi , please?
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 12:18pm
Well, I played a bit with ZQ. It is a great blade - one of the best I ever played with. Highly recommended!

And despite all that - I will be trading it soon. Why? Because I already have three blades which are more or less identical to it. Namely, BBC X-Fusion. Granted in some aspects they are slightly different. But all in all these two blades are incredibly close to each other in everything - starting from construction to thickness, flex, speed, control, outer wood type etc etc.

Still, I repeat it. Liked it a lot - especially with faster, relatively firm (harder sponged) rubbers. Tried Tibhar Aurus and Xiom Omega IV Asia on it - very good combo. Same goes for GD Karate Soft or Sword Backpff 42 deg on FH, Palio Blitz on BH. Finally there is a blade that I can use as a reference when people ask me "what does your X-Fusion play like?"

Many thanks to fatt and others.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

Could somebody who have tried both blades compare ZQ with Hayabusa ZXi , please?

ZQ is faster, stiffer, less control, no feeling and no catapult. ZXi is so far the best composite blade out there for a RC 2000 player and beyond.
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2013 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

ZQ is faster, stiffer, less control, no feeling and no catapult. ZXi is so far the best composite blade out there for a RC 2000 player and beyond.

Thanx Imago,
You have just saved me some bucks :)
By the way, I couldn't imagine a blade suits me better than the haunting falcon (=Zxi)
Ying Yang

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 12:39am

I love the kiri core.

I got a new one too. As I'm not sure how fast this blade is, I will be testing it out with Omega IV Europe 2.0mm on bh and Stiga Calibra LT 2.0mm on fh. 

First impressions:

The look & craftsmanship of this blade sure doesn't ring "made in China".  If not for the label, most of us would say Made in Japan.

Played with this new blade setup for 2 hrs on the weekend. Felt really good & comfortable in the hand. The Omega 4 Europe rubber was more bouncy than the Calibra LT. The soft sponge of 4 Europe was just right for this blade, bh loops & flicks were easy. Blocks had good feel & stayed on the table. Very good control. The Calibra LT though not as bouncy, still gave ample power & spin. It's mostly higher throw. One thing that stood out was no feeling for the pushes & underspin serves. I know this happens to me whenever I use a new blade & rubbers for the first time. My feel should get better the more I play with this.  I thought the hinoki outer ply would help me get more feel, but not that much.

More impressions later.......

2nd  impressions:

Did 5 hrs of practice on the past weekend. Just as I thought, the feel is much better on push strokes . The more I use/play, the better feel. Could be the rubbers too. Blocks are still good, but I wish there was a little more absorption feel. Counter hitting on bh is a pleasure. But fh counterhitting in games, the ball goes a little longer, most likely the Calibra LT rubber doing this. FH loops are amazing. High arcs, higher throw are so easy. FL handle is really comfortable in my hand.
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2013 at 10:15pm
Can someone compare it to Photino? Also, how is this blade with soft rubbers? 
I currently play with BTY Primorak / Rakza 7 Soft on FH / Xiom Vega Europe BH. Now, as I am learning to play a few steps away from the table I feel I can use a faster setup, so I was looking at this blade or Photino while keeping same rubbers. Any thoughts?

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2013 at 2:06am
I would like to know the different between Xiom ZQ with Nittaku Barwell if anyone have tried these two blade. Now I have one 88g Xiom ZQ.. but would like to try the Barwell as well.. Which one has more dwell? Thanks for the thought. 
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:21am
wow these blades have basically almost nothing common...dwell is longer for barwell.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic