Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of your 1-Ply Hinoki JPENs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 8:57pm
i have totally different experience on my AK...
it is control blade, just lack of power......
i try to put on Hexer+, Rakza 7, and i still found it lack of power compare to my other Hinoki 10mm....
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
Sponsored Links

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2011 at 12:43am
Originally posted by bagung bagung wrote:

i have totally different experience on my AK...
it is control blade, just lack of power......
i try to put on Hexer+, Rakza 7, and i still found it lack of power compare to my other Hinoki 10mm....
That pretty strange since the other user (jonathan) mentioned that it is powerful but lacks refinement. And the other shakehand user has very good review too. Anyway ur cut is pretty similar to mine except the shape. I guess that's one thing about custom blade, you don't get two identical blade. May even be different portion of the wood ...

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2011 at 10:30am
I think in general, the thicker it is, the faster it becomes. So 10 mm blade will be faster than 7 mm blade.
I have Kokutaku Cho Super 10 mm weighing only 80 grams, so I was hoping to get this Ancient Kauri 7 mm below 80 grams. My Nittaku Cho Tokusen 9 mm also weighs 80 grams.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 11:54am

Out of ideas/innovation .... Basically take 'haru' and print RSM onto it ...

Speedstick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by TT_haru TT_haru wrote:

Out of ideas/innovation .... Basically take 'haru' and print RSM onto it ...

do you think Ryu will actually use this one? i doubt! LOL
JOOLA Stellwag; Xiom Sigma Euro/Stiga Almana Sound ST

BUTTERFLY Red Kim Taek Soo; XIOM Omega IV

Lord, Grant what You command, and command what You will. -ST.AUGUSTINE
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 6:11pm

If he can control it, he will definitely be feared.... Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2011 at 12:20am

have you already tamed yours? i would definitely like to try this one:

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2011 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Speedstick Speedstick wrote:

have you already tamed yours? i would definitely like to try this one:

Ha ha ha, AK is my love now. :)

One ply huh....
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 3:23pm

OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 3:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

what KKT is this one? nice grains! Thumbs Up

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 3:49pm

that chinese character means "Supreme", "Extreme" or "Ultimate". How thick is it? What's the weight? What's the "damage in your pocket" for you?

Is it the "ONE", at last?

Can I borrow it?

Just on aside, @ Speedstick, your "Signature" might get that former Ass. Mod. A/C guy wired up and raises his blood pressure....LOL

The grains of this KKT Jpen are so nice...Thumbs Up

Edited by tiehwen - 03/18/2011 at 3:54pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 3:57pm
Kokutaku Super Cho Tokusen Kiwami. Thickness is 10mm, weight is 88 grams.  Actually the price was not too bad it was $240 USD with the box and shipping.  Yeah you know me i love the KKT

Edited by jpenmaster - 03/18/2011 at 4:03pm
akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 4:39pm

Lovely blade. If you grow sick and tire of it after a while, PM me I'll buy it off you to compare with the Iruiru Special I used to own and sold and missed it.

Bty Special Grade Small Size
FH Spinart Max BH Curl P3 Ox
Bty KTS Red Label
FH Tenergy 05 Max BH Joola Octopus 0.6mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Just on aside, @ Speedstick, your "Signature" might get that former Ass. Mod. A/C guy wired up and raises his blood pressure....LOL 

it takes more faith to deny God i guess.. now we're off the topic.. LOL

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 11:44am
HE is always there, whether one choose to acknowledge or otherwise ...
I m thinking, I can be world No. 1 or be the 'Ultimate Ping Pong Master' and it doesn't mean anything when I perish....
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 11:52am
please people stay on the topic & don't go tangential as you really don't wanna slammed by or w/ unnecessary ranting & lecturing from some undesirables....

@jpenmaster, I also like that bright red colored blankie, it's kinda neat & does the box come w/it. If you ever get sick & tired of it I'm sure there'll be taker this side/part of my town.
AKwong has really got amazing taste/appetitle for high end Jpens.
TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 12:58pm
Good collector's item since one day JPEN hinoki will be a thing of the past ...

We should document our skills under some "secret" manual, one day someone, somewhere "The Rise Of Jpen" ...   
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 3:19pm

one day JPEN hinoki will be a thing of the past ... 

It will simply not happen. Other styles such as the defensive and the penhold fast attacking style have been regarded as doomed for the past 20 years. Yet there are plenty of choppers and pips out hitters at lower levels. Most of the people who enjoy the game don't really care  that the best Chinese players have adopted the reverse backhand or that the best defensive players attack ferociously with forehand topspin whenever possible. They play the game and exress themselves through their style. It is the inexperienced imitators who declare some styles obsolete.
 Fortunately, we will be seeing  penholders, pushblockers, choppers and seemillers for many years to come.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 3:27pm
Jpen 1 ply Hinoki blade is by itself a piece of art not to mention the excellent playing properties. Also don't forget about the soothing aroma of the Hinoki wood. What we worry now is the possible contamination and destruction of  the Hinoki trees in Japan. God bless the Japanese people and the heroes that are risking their lives to combat the nuclear disaster.
Bty KTS Red Label
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 6:19pm

akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 6:26pm

Wow, what a luxurious packaging! Jpenmaster, will you play with it, will you sand its shoulders.Clap

Bty KTS Red Label
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 6:38pm
darn....what a beauty eh?
Makes you wonder why we even bother to look at other topics in which all the rest of the average joes talking abt SuperDuper Cpens or whatever crxps & rants they have.....
These pics. are just killing us.
Well, Akwong? It's good to befriend Jpenmaster, eh?

Edited by tiehwen - 03/19/2011 at 7:27pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 7:36pm
It's sad the blade looks so nice i almost don't want to use it Cry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

It's sad the blade looks so nice i almost don't want to use it Cry

makes me feel good just by starin' at it.. Thumbs UpHeart

akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 8:02pm

Hi Tiehwen, in about a month I'll have 4 Jpens coming back from Taiwan after plastic surgery to repair the sanded shoulders you should pay me a visit to look at these 4 beauties which include one first generation KTS, one first generation Cypress Special, one third generation Cypress Special and also a legendary Custom Special 6500Fan. Haha Tongue

Bty KTS Red Label
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by akwong88 akwong88 wrote:

Hi Tiehwen, in about a month I'll have 4 Jpens coming back from Taiwan after plastic surgery to repair the sanded shoulders you should pay me a visit to look at these 4 beauties which include one first generation KTS, one first generation Cypress Special, one third generation Cypress Special and also a legendary Custom Special 6500Fan. Haha Tongue

I will & in the meantime make sure you've good deals waiting for me there to pick on as my 93 Accord, my only all seasoned, all weathered "Beater" has been begging for retirement. Big smile
akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 1:01am
Our store is closing for good in about 2 months, tons of good deals right now.  
Also I can show you a brand new second generation Cypress Special and a brand new "Custom Special 6500 Fan" or "6500番特注"
Bty KTS Red Label

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 1:39am
Originally posted by akwong88 akwong88 wrote:

Our store is closing for good in about 2 months, tons of good deals right now.  
Also I can show you a brand new second generation Cypress Special and a brand new "Custom Special 6500 Fan" or "6500番特注"

where's your store? and can you show us that 'custom 6500 fan' ? Wink

akwong88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akwong88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 2:07am
Sorry for the confusion, the store that is closing is a car dealership. I'll post the photos of my 6500Fan next week. According to the Hinoki experts in Taiwan the 6500Fan are blades specially selected by Butterfly for the Korean National Team and a few of them were shipped to Taiwan instead for sale. They are rare and with excellent playing charactor. Right now they are collector's item.
Bty KTS Red Label
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic