Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

China's trials for 2011 WTTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
dzung_aloha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzung_aloha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: China's trials for 2011 WTTC
    Posted: 01/13/2011 at 9:14am
Anyone have more videos. Plz share for me

Sponsored Links

Blackjack67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackjack67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2011 at 12:37pm
can anybody tell me, how many chinese men are allowed to start in men's single ?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2011 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Blackjack67 Blackjack67 wrote:

can anybody tell me, how many chinese men are allowed to start in men's single ?

4.01.09.06  Each Association shall be entitled to 5 entries in each singles event, with 1 additional player in the appropriate event for each player in the first 20 places of the first issue of the ITTF world ranking list in the year of the Championships up to a limit of 2 men and 2 women in singles with 3 men and 3 women pairs in the doubles, 3 pairs in the mixed doubles; all players may be different. 
4.01.09.06.01  The host Association may enter up to 7 men and 7 women in the singles events. 

Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2011 at 12:48pm
Means up to 7 players for China, Germany, Korea, Netherlands, up to 6 for Japan, Belorussia, Taipei, Hongkong, Singapore, and Denmark.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
teou07 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teou07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2011 at 11:44pm
Short clip from China site:

Edited by teou07 - 01/14/2011 at 12:02am
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: DHS Memo II
BH: Yasaka Xtend HS
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2011 at 12:18am
in that 1st clip, at exactly 7 min 20 seconds, xu xin does 2 fh loops and I really like the camera angle. It is very useful. What is a name for that way to shoot movies of tt players? 
stealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2011 at 4:37am
can anyone translate what they are saying, especially liu guoliang? how bad is ma long's injury?
yttl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yttl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2011 at 5:33pm
1st clip:

Commentator:  "This was the match yesterday between Ma Long and Ma Lin (2nd round robin match for each within their group of 4, the other being Zhang Chao and Zhou Yu).  From their looks, you can probably tell the result of the match.  Ma Lin even lost the first game by the score of 11-1.  Although Ma Lin won game 3 and 5, he still lost the match to Ma Long by the game score of 4-2.  In the first round-robin, Ma Lin already lost to young Zhou Yu.  As a result, his chance of making it out of this group is slim.  Ma Lin used to be very cooperative with the press.  After this match, Ma Lin did not want to say anything.  He just strolled out all by himself, looking very lost.  At the same time of this match, the other match between 18 year-old Zhou Yu and Zhang Chao was also progressing.  Zhou Yu, who was so spirited in the afternoon, was kind of down in the evening.  He could not seem to pursue his strategy.  At the end, he lost to Zhang Chao by 4-1.  That means in the first 2 matches after Zhou Yu advanced himself into the 1st Natioanl Team, he beat Ma Lin but lost to Zhang Chao.  This kind of result is both unexpected but still within reason."

Zhou Yu, "I am too young and wanted to win."

Female reporter, "You've beat Ma Lin so Zhang Chao should have been no problem."

Zhou Yu, "No, no.  I wanted too much to win.  During the first match (with Ma Lin), I did not have any expectation and so I played all out.  In the second match, I was not in good form and I did not execute my strategy and tactics well."

Commentator:  "In the last round (within the group), Zhou Yu will be playing Ma Long and Ma Lin will be playing Zhang Chao.  To Ma Lin, his only chance is to beat Zhang Chao by 4-0.  If he beat Zhang Chao by 4-1, it will have to depend on the fine scores of the other matches."

My comment:  If you are curious about Zhou Yu and wondered how he played, you can see a full clip of him in the ITTF Junior World Championship just last month (Dec. 10).  He played in the Team Final and lost in the individual semi-final to the eventuanl winner.  (http://www.ittf.com/ittv/)
Click Juniors Tab, then 2010 Volkswagen 2010 World Junior TT Championship - Bratislava, scroll down to one of the Junior Boys Singles - Semi Finals.  BTW, the runner-up, Lin Gaoyuan is equally impressive and he is only 15.

Hanoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2011 at 1:19am
many thanks to yttl.
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2011 at 1:26pm
So, who made the team?  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

u47108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u47108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 10:15am
Videos  Bokett :
Ma Long v/s Wang hao
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011030511.rmvb
Chen Qi v/s Xu-Xin
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011030512.rmvb
Zhang Jike v/s Wang Liqin
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031008.rmvb
Ma Lin v/s Hao Shuai
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031002.rmvb
Zhang Jike v/s Xu Xin
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031009.rmvb
Wang Liqin v/s Hao Shuai
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031004.rmvb
Xu Xin v/s Ma Lin
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031005.rmvb
Ma Long v/s ?
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031006.rmvb
Ma Long v/s Ma Lin
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031007.rmvb

women:
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031010.rmvb
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031012.rmvb
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031013.rmvb
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031014.rmvb
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031015.rmvb
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031011.rmvb
http://down.bokett.com/vi/2011/2011031016.rmvb
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 4:16pm
Some sound bytes:

Liu Guo Liang:
  • The old guards (WLQ and Ma Lin) seemed to go into hibernation during the winter months.
  • You're not measured by how well you can play on your best days but how badly you play on your worst.

Xu Xin:

• It's a completely different setup from last year's, blade and rubber. All my career I've emphasized brushing [when looping] but with this new sponge, it seems the more I butt up against the ball [engage the sponge/hit into the sponge?] the more spin I get. I still hesitate to loop [at 100%] with this new setup.

Former Chinese Head Coach to Hao Shuai's Coach:

• How can he [Hao Shuai] still be making these kinds of mistakes? Do you know what he's doing? His footwork is just not there. If he keeps playing like this, he'll never be good.
drago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2011 at 7:50pm
 u47108  Thank You very much for these direct download links.Great stuff!
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 7:02am
Anyone think Xu Xin is using Thor's? LOL
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 7:33am
lol @ hao shuai will never be "good"
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 11:51am
Watched it a second time...

The former Chinese head coach...he's now the head of the Chinese Athletics Department.

Anyways, he's pretty harsh. He also says to Hao Shuai's coach, "You call yourself a head coach...from just one of his [Hao Shuai's] shots I can tell you're not doing your job. He [Hao Shuai] has no concept of the relationship between where the ball is relative to the table and the necessary arc trajectory he needs to create when looping. He doesn't know how to loop!"

Ouch
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 12:16pm
Thanks for the translation!
I don't understand how they can critisize the Chinese players like that.
If we see them play (live) we are stunned from how fast and how good they are!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 1:05pm
Is that former headcoach who is being critical Cai Zhenhua, by any chance?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 1:23pm
Yes, you're correct. That is Cai Zhen Hua.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by ttCrawsaive ttCrawsaive wrote:

Thanks for the translation!
I don't understand how they can critisize the Chinese players like that.
If we see them play (live) we are stunned from how fast and how good they are!

Thank you for your Youtube videos. They've become the staple of my dinner hour.

Remember the player that was lying down on the floor after his loss? Liu Guo Liang's nuggets of wisdom for him is, "Why feel bad after a loss in a real match all of a sudden! Why take real matches so seriously when you don't even take practice matches seriously! Beat yourself up during practice and you won't have to in a real match!

I feel a lot of the quotes in the video belong on the walls of the training hall.
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

"Why feel bad after a loss in a real match all of a sudden! Why take real matches so seriously when you don't even take practice matches seriously! Beat yourself up during practice and you won't have to in a real match!

I feel a lot of the quotes in the video belong on the walls of the training hall.

wow yeah that quote just gave me a fresh perspective on motivating myself for training matches!
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 2:38pm
These are epic quotes, should LGL invent them?
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by rustyfo rustyfo wrote:

"Why feel bad after a loss in a real match all of a sudden! Why take real matches so seriously when you don't even take practice matches seriously! Beat yourself up during practice and you won't have to in a real match!

wow yeah that quote just gave me a fresh perspective on motivating myself for training matches!

I tweeted one of his quotes yesterday.. brilliant, sometimes too harsh on the players.. at the end of the day, one player will win and the other will lose.. both Chinese, but seems that he doesn't want bad showing, technique, strategy or tactic..
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 5:23pm

Watched it a second time...

The former Chinese head coach...he's now the head of the Chinese Athletics Department.

Anyways, he's pretty harsh. He also says to Hao Shuai's coach, "You call yourself a head coach...from just one of his [Hao Shuai's] shots I can tell you're not doing your job. He [Hao Shuai] has no concept of the relationship between where the ball is relative to the table and the necessary arc trajectory he needs to create when looping. He doesn't know how to loop!"

Ouch

Hao Shuai doesn't know how to loop?Confused what about the rest of the world then!!Dead
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 8:18pm

Remember the player that was lying down on the floor after his loss? Liu Guo Liang's nuggets of wisdom for him is, "Why feel bad after a loss in a real match all of a sudden! Why take real matches so seriously when you don't even take practice matches seriously!

That sentence doesn't even make sense... Anyway, they just seem to take delight in bullying and humiliating their players and even their coaches. But this can't go on forever, even China is going to change soon.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2011 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Remember the player that was lying down on the floor after his loss? Liu Guo Liang's nuggets of wisdom for him is, "Why feel bad after a loss in a real match all of a sudden! Why take real matches so seriously when you don't even take practice matches seriously!

That sentence doesn't even make sense... Anyway, they just seem to take delight in bullying and humiliating their players and even their coaches. But this can't go on forever, even China is going to change soon.

I think Liu means if you don't demand more of yourself during practice, then you will not have earned "the right" to expect more of yourself in a real match, and you should have no reason to be upset after a loss.

To put it bluntly, "You're mad/upset/disappointed because you lost?! Hell, you're not good. Wtf did you expect?"
joanet261 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joanet261 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 6:10am
I think racquetsforsale is right, the chinese in general expect a lot of themselves, and they work hard for it. They have a culture of hard work to get the results that I think is stronger than in Europe. The problem is, the harder someone trains, the harder the others will have to train, and this may lead to some sentences that seem odd for us, as the one LGL tells the player that looses. I think it is pretty clear that the looser trains VERY hard, but LGL thinks that he can push him to train harder still, so he tells him it isn't enough. Depends on where you draw the line, don't you think
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 1:47am
It seems the Chinese coaches always have something to say to their players, regardless how flawlessly we think the players have played. And it doesn't look like they're saying to their players, "You're doing just fine. Keep it up.," but always gesturing, scowling, or frowning, and no doubt telling their players what they're doing wrong. If you tuned in right then during the coaching session and without looking at the score, you'd think their players are losing.

Perhaps things can change so quickly at the professional level that coaches must stay ahead of the ever changing dynamics of competition and guide their players before they go astray? Maybe that's why they're always making corrections, just like the father who hits his son in advance, in case he misbehaves in the near future. LOL
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 12:50pm
It could be a culture thing.  Some of my old teachers (esp very good ones) never give compliments.  They may say something nice at the last meeting before you leave town probably for good, but that's about it.  All other times, it would always be about how lazy and stupid you were.
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 1:45pm
It reminds me those mothers in in a country of northern black Africa (Chad? Ethiopia...I forget).

They challenge their child with a problem and while (s)he is solving it the mom is singing; as soon as the child found the solution, the mom stares at the child with love and in deep silence.

I found that way of teaching extremely interesting. The singing represents all the storm going on in the child's head while working (or maybe the co worker bugging us Smile) ; the silence and loving smile of the mom is the reward in which one can truly appreciate an achievement.

Then the singing starts again; OK my pause is over I go back to work.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic