Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

core strength training?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: core strength training?
    Posted: 01/14/2011 at 10:46pm
Just wondering if anyone in this forum has experience on how to strengthen the lower back muscles? I find that stresses kinda build up there during continuous high power loop training in my club. I do have access to a gym currently. Thanks!
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

myfault View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2011 at 10:47pm
deadlifts.. hyper extensions..
Primorac OFF-

FH - Yasaka Rakza7 soft 2.5

BH - Sriver EL 2.1
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2011 at 11:27pm
straight leg deadlifts

you can also strengthen your abs - leg lifts
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
snake_eyes View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snake_eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2011 at 12:59am
PM sent. Hope it helps
"If there is no perfect moral law-giver, there is no moral law. If there is no moral law, there is no good. If there is no good, there is no evil." -Dr. Ravi Zacharias

Maze ALC Galaxy Moon 2.0 FH/BH
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2011 at 2:55am
Do manual labor for a living...pull 2100+ pound pallets of ice and such then unload the 300 bags, breaking up each one on the ground before reloading them, that'll strengthen your core and back, or break it as it does to mine..
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2011 at 7:40am
various declined (head lower than core) stomach crunches that involve your elbows crossing your midsection to opposite foot.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2011 at 7:48am
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw16.htm
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2011 at 5:11pm
I am sure whatever snake_eyes sent you was sufficient because of his background and education. Just make sure you work your abs as well to support your lower back. Plus this will add strength in your shots
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2011 at 10:47am
Thanks everyone for the replies! bull_harrier, the advice by snake_eyes is pretty good! Am training lightly first...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2011 at 11:32am
Originally posted by snake_eyes snake_eyes wrote:

PM sent. Hope it helps
why did we need to know you sent blahness a PM about counsel we can't know anything about?
just curious.
kentyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2011 at 12:03pm

PM sent. Hope it helps

Snak_eyes - can you send it to me too? Or could you post it here?
Thanks!
LobbedYoud0wn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2011 at 1:46pm
deadlifts are pretty much the main way for lower back strength, but ab workouts help alot too
snake_eyes View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snake_eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2011 at 1:13am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

PM sent. Hope it helps
why did we need to know you sent blahness a PM about counsel we can't know anything about?
just curious.

Here's my answer to that... LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYMnAUGFuG0

But seriously it's just a habit. So without further ado....
Here's what I sent blahness.

"Hi I heard you were interested in some exercises for core strengthening. Let me first say that I have a school background in Sports medicine, so rest assured that these exercises will work to help strengthen your back. A common misconception is that people use the word "Core" synonymously with back, this is not totally correct. What the "core" really means is not only the the back, but also abs, quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings.

So here are some exercises you can use to strengthen your lower back. I found the perfect video from youtube of some of the exercises I implement with some of the athletes I have worked with that have had lower back issues. Some of the other exercises I saw posted such as "dead lifts" and exercises like that are good too, but look out because those are olympic-style lifts and may require supervision and expert coaching in proper lifting form and technique if you have never performed them before.

Anyways here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6XcSCe7e7A that has a handful of "core" exercises.

Once the exercises start getting easy to do. For example the "bridges" exercise, you can progress them to make them even more difficult like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQSfVGnzfs&feature=related

I hope these suggestions will help you to perform better and keep you from inury."
"If there is no perfect moral law-giver, there is no moral law. If there is no moral law, there is no good. If there is no good, there is no evil." -Dr. Ravi Zacharias

Maze ALC Galaxy Moon 2.0 FH/BH
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2011 at 1:46am
thank you so much you are such a gentleman :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic