Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yinhe venus v1 blade review and innerforce zlf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe venus v1 blade review and innerforce zlf
    Posted: 01/19/2011 at 4:49am
Well i could't resist debraj and bought myself a yinhe v1 and also grabbed up an innerforce zlf.
Tonight i will play with these 2 for the first time.
I have put Tenergy 05 on FH and Hexer at the Bh at both blades.
My first impression without playing is that compared to my nittaku violin (same setup rubbers), the yinhe v1 is faster, nice bounce , little harder then violin perhaps.
The zlf had a lot less bounce and feels softer then the violin,
Speedwise the zlf is about the same as violin at first sight, but i will find out tonight.
For now the zlf feels mushy and not fine but i have to await play.
I am searching for a faster blade then the violin without losing the touch and control it has, and the wood feel., so i came to these 2 blades.
The v1 is thicker, about 7 mm and the zlf is about 5,7
At this moment i think i will like the v1 more.
More to follow soon

set up: Donic WSC

fh Cornileau target Pro GT H47

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

Sponsored Links

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2011 at 12:40pm
I can't wait for the review! I too have been watching the Venus line of blades, which are quite difficult to locate in retail. How is the quality of the V1 and which handle did you receive?
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2011 at 1:18pm
Elmo, congratulations on your new blades. :) 

Sure you come up with a review... and i will complement with my long pending review on this blade.  

V1 has a 7mm crosssection, but doesn't play like a 7mm crossection. the effective crossection that defines the nature of the game, i feel is the distance between the composite layers. 

for v1 the top wood layers being fairly thick, the composite layers are not very far from each other... and i'm hoping, if i am right, you will figure a few things about this blade which brings it to the league of top- cherished blades like acoustic, violin, TB ALC and others.

as for zlf ... i didn't like any zlf blade.. very 'nylon'-y 'synthetic' feel, and very confusing ball feedback.

wish you all the best with the blades.... :)

Edited by debraj - 01/19/2011 at 1:20pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2011 at 1:30pm
mindtrip, handle is okay, not as well shaped as timo boll series butterfly blades, but not bad at all. but flanges, i think galaxy has a habit of keeping them wide, expecting us to grind them to our preference.

Edited by debraj - 01/19/2011 at 1:31pm
vid1
Vid 2
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2011 at 3:04pm
Well just trained with some guys at the club.
There were'nt to many opponents so i did not get the chance to test it fully yet but here are some first impressions.

First the Innerforce zlf, I am glad i did not buy a new one :-) , This blade feels so mushy, very Strange softish feel and just around the speed of a violin,
With the tenergy on it i got a very low throw angle which i did not like, because for looping and blocking i like a bit higher throw
Looping was rather difficult for me because of the throw angle
, Control was nice though, serving was ok but i missed the feel in it
Not my type of blade so i there is a big chance i am going to sell that one although i want to test it in a real training next week, It is a nice finished blade, good quality but thats what you expect for this kind of money

Then the v1 , This is a medium hard blade in my eyes, much more solid feel then the zlf and compared to the violin about the same, maybe a bit harder.
I need time to adjust to the thickness of this blade since i am used to a thinner one.
Nice flared handle, also good build quality like butterfly
The v1 is faster then a violin and has a little bit higher throw , so much higher then the zlf and much faster.
Looping is a dream with this combo. It did not work out perfect yet, because like i said adjusting to the thicker blade made it more difficult but looping went very easy and with lost of power.
Control on short game and serves was very good to for such a fast blade but i need to get more control on my pushes when my opponent gives a lot of backspin because they fly over the table now and did not get enough time tonight to adjust to that
Blocking is good although i need to adjust the angle a bit lower then i need to do with the violin,
Bh loop is great, without any effort I could open a ball and it flew back with enormous speed and nice trajectory.
Hoping to do some more testing next week,

In short
The v1 seems very promising and goes very well with tenergy 05
Looping is great, so is the speed control ratio, now i need to try and get used to the handle and get some more control on incoming backspin ,

To be continued

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

JasonRShaver View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonRShaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

I can't wait for the review! I too have been watching the Venus line of blades, which are quite difficult to locate in retail. How is the quality of the V1 and which handle did you receive?

You can get both the old Venus (V-1 and V-2) and new Venus (V-11 through V-15) via TTX or Megaspin (links go to all of the blades) in the states.  We have a bunch of restocks coming in on the boat from China right now and they should be here in mid February.   PM me if there is one you are looking for and I can let you know if the restock sold out already.

Also, if you are looking for something thinner than the V-1, you can try the V-2 which is only 6mm thick and is 5+2 instead of 3+2, but still has the "ALC" feel.  

For people looking for a cheaper option to the V-1 and V-2, the V-1x ($40-60) series are the same construction style and composite type, but does not use the Kiso Hinoki wood that raises the cost so much.  The V-1x series replace the K series for 2010.

Also, just to throw more info into this post, there is are YinHe ZLF and ZLC blades coming soon (around May it seems).  We have an order pending, but we don't know what options or prices are yet.  The fiber (Zylon) is exact same as used in the Butterfly blades.

Jason

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 12:45pm
Debraj- Thanks. I am kindof glad that Galaxy chooses to keep their handles fat. This allows us to form each blade to our desired shape and size. There have been a few blades that I felt were too small and obviously can not add material to them to change physical size. I only wish the new V line of blades came in ST handle.

Jason- I appreciate the information. I've been looking all over for the V-14 for the past few days, but ended up going with the V-13 for the added control. I ordered through TTX, but am having all kinds of trouble gaining access to my account to view order information. The site says, my email address as already been used by another customer when I try to register, and when I type in my email address to have a new password sent to me, it states that the email address is not in the system. All I want to know is if I will have it before practice on Saturday, so I know which blade to use in the mean time.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 12:48pm
Jason ... your price and megaspin price is much higher than FAREASTSPORTS price, which is again higher than my local dealer's price for venus 1. you might want to negotite with yinhe owner and get a better price. 

i havn't played with v-2 but i believe it is kevler carbon mesh. which has completely different feel from arylate carbon. did you at all play with yinHe v-2 ? it should n't have a alc feel.  i played with K-5 K-6, and kevler feel was completely different.

also i 'm interested to know how is v1x series different from k series except for the handle. did any ply composition change?

Edited by debraj - 01/20/2011 at 12:49pm
vid1
Vid 2
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 1:04pm
Debraj- from my recent research of the V- series, I've seen it mentioned repeatedly that the blades have gained a few grams over the original K series and in some cases it is due to thicker plies.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonRShaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 2:48pm

I only wish the new V line of blades came in ST handle.

I should be getting them all in ST handles (Timo Boll ALC style) in March.

I ordered through TTX, but am having all kinds of trouble gaining access to my account to view order information. The site says, my email address as already been used by another customer when I try to register, and when I type in my email address to have a new password sent to me, it states that the email address is not in the system. All I want to know is if I will have it before practice on Saturday, so I know which blade to use in the mean time.

You should have gotten an email with the tracking number (let me know if you did not), and you should get it Saturday or Monday.  USPS does not give us exact transit times, but it shipped last night.  I will PM you the tracking number.

Also I will PM you a new password.

Jason
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonRShaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Jason ... your price and megaspin price is much higher than FAREASTSPORTS price, which is again higher than my local dealer's price for venus 1. you might want to negotite with yinhe owner and get a better price. 

Debraj, we are working to get the prices down.  Right now from Far East Sports, a V-1 shipped is $96.50, our is $109.95, so we are only $13.45, but you would not have to deal with customs or the long transit time, as we are located in Chicago, and you can always call us up on the phone, our phone number is on every page of the website.  That being said, I will admit that they are about 10-15% cheaper.  

i havn't played with v-2 but i believe it is kevler carbon mesh. which has completely different feel from arylate carbon.

Your right, sorry.  My memory was wrong.  The V-2 is "CarboKev" carbon/kevlar mix.  

The V series replacements to the K series do have some minor difference on some of the blades, mostly in thickness and weight, and they adjusted some of the speed/control numbers.

Jason
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 3:32pm
Jason- I have only received the sales receipt thus far. I'm glad to know that the item has shipped.

Regarding your items being slightly more expensive than the overseas dealers, I personally would rather pay the extra price for the piece of mind it offers. My Mandarin speaking skills are rusty at best, and if something went wrong with the order or shipment, I'd be at a loss. Plus, with our US economy slowly rising, I'd rather keep my money in the states.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 5:46pm
jason... i got it from a US based dealer for $80. so they definitely can give better price... i am not mentioning the dealers name in public post because he wanted me to keep it confidential. 

so you can definitely negotiate. Wink
vid1
Vid 2
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2011 at 6:28pm

i am not mentioning the dealers name in public post because he wanted me to keep it confidential. 

man..........that could be anyone........we will never know now......shucks  hehehehe  jk  Wink   

Glad you got one again debraj, don't they just feel and hit so nice.  I wont ever get rid of mine, even though I am using the T-11 now.  When my skills get better I will switch back most likely.  Although I am
having a very hard time not testing the V1 with the Rakza........could be only a short time before that EJ test hits me.

Prices are going up in China now I can tell you all.  Shipping going up.....products increasing.....get them while you can.  The way our economy is being run into the ground....probably wont be long before we are all talking about tariffs on imports here in the USA. 

Edited by Rich215 - 01/20/2011 at 6:29pm
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 11:56am
Well played with the v1 again last night and must say that i am impressed.
It is very controlable for the speed it has although it might be a little to fast for my game.
Very good with looping . lots of spin and a nice throwangle, not to high not to low.
The blade realy shines in second line attacking. lots of power with both FH and BH
Blocking is good to but i need to adjust my wrist angle because else they go high
I think this is a great blade for full out attackers and loopers.
Not sure yet if it fits my game since i like a controlled game with my BH more but that is because my BH loop is not stabile enough yet to be the first to attack in a game and for this blade that is what you need for sure,so that is not the blades foul :) but my playlevel is just not good enough (yet)
For my FH this is a great weapon since my loop has more speed and power and i score more with that.
Pushing and bringing back servers is no problem either with this blade.
I am slowly getting used to the thicker handle but am thinking of selling the blade because of my BH problem,
I am sure i can sell it if i want to ;-)

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 1:38pm
i kinda agree with you... at this speed, i haven't played with a better blade, ever!! [and i played amultart, mizutani, tb zlc, if zlc, photino, avalox aramid carbon, galaxy t-8, t-4, 729 v-6 and what not.]

but the speed may be faster than some people's liking. 
vid1
Vid 2
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 8:51pm
Kiso and carbokev sound like an interesting combination. Since the V-1 doesn't respect your BH, how much will you sell it for?
I've become quite excited about the V series blades after receiving and playing the V-13.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic