FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My Ping Pong Buddy Ball Picker Upper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Ping Pong Buddy Ball Picker Upper
    Posted: 03/07/2011 at 6:41pm
Joe the owner of mypingpongbuddy sent our club a ball picker and all I can say is this thing rocks. It is by far the best design I have seen. It is also well built and sturdy and should last a long time. If you are looking for a easy to use ball picker for multi ball and robot training this thing is well worth it.
I could do a review with video and pics but this video below is better than I could do.

Thanks Joe!!!

You can see a video here...

Edited by RJTT - 03/07/2011 at 6:45pm

Founding member and club director of: Davidson County Table Tennis Club, NC.

www.davidsoncountytabletennisclub.com

CLUB SPONSORS: Joola, Giant Dragon, Zero Pong, Newgy, mypingpongbuddy
Sponsored Links

JasonRShaver View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonRShaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2011 at 4:01am
I agree, we have had one demoing around at TTX and everyone loves it.  I just got 30 of them in stock yesterday but don't have them listed online yet. 

It really does work better than the Newgy and Butterfly options.
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by JasonRShaver JasonRShaver wrote:

I agree, we have had one demoing around at TTX and everyone loves it.  I just got 30 of them in stock yesterday but don't have them listed online yet. 

It really does work better than the Newgy and Butterfly options.

Yep, it holds a ton of balls and you can pick up around anything. Even with balls under a table next to a wall etc you can get them. I also like the ease of dumping the balls back into a robot or bucket. I dont think their could be a better design.

Founding member and club director of: Davidson County Table Tennis Club, NC.

www.davidsoncountytabletennisclub.com

CLUB SPONSORS: Joola, Giant Dragon, Zero Pong, Newgy, mypingpongbuddy
manuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2011 at 11:04am
excellent idea
Manuch
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2011 at 11:10am
I admire Joe' creativity and engineering abilities.  He has made some very cool robots as well.  I used his design to modify my Y&T ball pick up net.  It only cost me $6, but should of cost nothing for me to modify it.

I purchased a cheapo badminton racket for $6 only to find out the metal shaft kinked up when I tried to bend it into shape.  I think you need the right metal shafted badminton racket to be able to bend it like Joe does.  So after I thought about it, I just took the end off my Y&T one and bent the metal hoop frame at the exit of the shaft.  Then I added the badminton strings to it with the produce net and it was finished.  Simple. 

It works extremely well.  You can spend maybe 30-40% more time hitting balls instead of picking up balls when you use a robot. 

Edited by Rich215 - 03/08/2011 at 11:22am
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2011 at 11:21am

Edited by Rich215 - 03/08/2011 at 11:23am
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2011 at 11:22am
Server is choking on allowing me to post a pic.......Ouch

I will try again later. 

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 8:39am

Edited by Rich215 - 03/09/2011 at 8:53am
joebulatao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 4:58pm
Modification nicely done. Y&T picker upper engineers are pissed at you.....
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 5:23pm
Its good for those without solid walls. 
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 5:58pm
Joe, its not as heavy duty as yours for sure.....but for my limited use it will last awhile compared to using it at a club or training facility.  Oh....and actually I dont think Y&T will be as ticked off as the produce company.... Wink

Kenny, its also good for us with solid walls and an in closed playing around around 1 table.  Picking up balls gets old super quick without this tool.  I makes my time practicing/exercising much more enjoyable and is not a hindrance to the motivation of using a robot on those days when you have to push yourself to practice/train. 

flyingmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 12:45am
sorry to bump an old thread.  I have the picker mostly done, any idea where to get the red net that sits on top?  Thanks,
Ma Lin Soft Carbon: FH: H3 NEO, BH: Red Diamond

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38328&PID=471847#471847
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 2:07am
Just won one e-bay. I'm eager to check it out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 9:28am
Congratulations and I feel glad for Toprank who bid and won the MPPB I posted on ebay.  It will be going out today along with a few others enroute to their new owners. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 9:33am
My friend Vince Munoz made me this video of MPPB and I just thought I share it with all my buddies here at MYTT.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQtquLHLRa8
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2011 at 4:34am
Originally posted by flyingmachine flyingmachine wrote:

sorry to bump an old thread.  I have the picker mostly done, any idea where to get the red net that sits on top?  Thanks,
In the grocery store when you buy like a bulk of lemons or garlic or even bacon.

Here's the one i made for myself. If this old lady can do it ,you guys can do betterBig smile

Edited by gatz - 05/05/2011 at 4:46am
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
vader555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vader555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2011 at 8:24am
very colorful mam gatz... Tongue

SchlagerCarbon:Sriver/SriverEL
AndroCarbonLightOff+:AndroCor2/Plasma
Pending:Sardius:Thor's/Thor's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2011 at 12:50pm
I love it, I love it, I love it very much! I like ordinary people using their own hands and their own imagination to make this picker upper for themselves and friends too.
But when somebody like this GMHealth company start to use my invention commercially, grrrrrrrr! It makes me madddd!!!!

Magic Ball Picker - picks up table tennis balls fast and easy like magic

Magic Ball Picker

Picks up table tennis balls fast and easy like magic, a must have when you train with a robot

Unlike any other table tennis ball pickers, Magic Ball Picker:

• Happily picks up 2-3 balls with one touch , thereforeMagic Ball Picker is very fast. It can collect 72 balls in 60 seconds easily.

• Magic Ball Picker will not pick any foreign objects like ball scoopers do.

• Magic Ball Picker is effective yet gentle. Never ever damages balls!

• It can pickup and hold as many as 100 table tennis balls effortlessly.

• Unloads with one hand. Just turn it upside down and pour the contents into a bucket or box.
    No rubber ring to take off and nothing to untie.

Magic Ball Picker unloads in 3 seconds.

Magic Ball Picker

Magic Ball Picker video clip

See Magic Ball Picker in Action

Click here to view a short video clip and see how amazingly simple yet effective the Magic Ball Picker is.

Save Time Train More

During an average training session the balls need to be collected approx 10 times. Putting aside for a moment how easy it is to use, if Magic Ball Picker saved you just 5 minutes during a training session it would be worth having it, wouldn't it?

Hand Made

Magic Ball Picker is hand made. In fact, it takes close to one hour labour to make one. GM Health supports our community by giving employment to people with disability. Dedication and devotion put into each ball picker makes it even more magical.

30 Days Money Back Guarantee

If Magic Ball Picker is not as good as we say, just return it in its original condition within 30 days for a full refund of your purchase price (excluding postage).

Hand Made Magic Ball Picker

Magic Ball Picker

Order TODAY!

Magic Ball Picker is only $35 plus $14 postage within Australia.

Payment options

< ="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="_top">< ="" ="https://www.paypals.com/WEBSCR-640-20110306-1/en_AU/i/btn/btn_buynowCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online."> 
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2011 at 12:55pm
I thought you have patented your own invention mang Joe?
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2011 at 1:20pm
It is only good here in the US gatz.       www.mypingpongbuddy.com
ttennis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttennis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 9:43am
Hey guys!

This forum Rocks!

I have successfully made the bent Badminton Racket Ball Picker.

Things used:
  • PVC Pipe
  • Badminton Racket (which was bent)
  • Net
  • Used Badminton Strings
Once again thanks to all the forum members!
Butterfly Primorac (OFF-)
FH:Yasaka Mark-V (max)
BH:Butterfly Flextra (1.5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 10:54am
That is great, ttennis1! Can you show us a picture of your creation? Everybody would like to see it especially me. Cheers!
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 11:34am
Joe,   I am happy to report to you.....several of the top players from European countries that were playing at the US Open in WI.....purchased several of your My Ping Pong Buddy ball pickers.  One of them I noticed had 3 of them in their bag!   So now your product will be used and seen in some top clubs in European Countries!     Hope you have more and more success with your product.  Thumbs Up

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 11:48am
I just wanted to buy one. But price + shipping to Chicago is $50 :(

Alright, i'ma make one myself too
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 12:14pm
Hi assiduous,
After you try bending and breaking a few badminton shafts, ( been there, done that) you can check out my friend's website - www.atabletennis.com . His store is there in Chicago and you do not need to pay for shipping. His name is Ardy  - Mr Ping Pong.
joe
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 1:26pm
why does it have to be a badminton paddle? It don't have to be round. Im gona make mine a square, so I can get the corners.

Edited by assiduous - 07/12/2011 at 3:20pm
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 3:27pm
It does not have to be a badminton racket. You can definitely have your own version. I would like to see your version

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebulatao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 4:36pm
Thanks Rich, I had a very good experience at the US Open watching the high level players do table tennis. I wish I could play at least half as good.
I am delighted thinking about Georgina Pota introducing MPPB to the clubs in Europe.  They will be amazed by  Mypingpongbuddy Made in the USA !
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 1:59pm
i was able to negotiate a good price for the original, and ordered that. The one I would make would be ugly : )
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 4:05pm
I got it and I tried it and I loved it. Effortless. Kinda enjoy picking up balls now.

Not sure round shape was a good idea, as all corners are unaccessible. Rectangular shape would be better, but I guess the author just used a badminton bat and that's what he had available.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic