Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very Old Blue TSP Spectol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very Old Blue TSP Spectol
    Posted: 03/19/2011 at 5:24pm
I was roaming around the internet today when I stumbled upon these photos of a BLUE spectol. Of course this would mean that the rubber would pre date 1986 as that is when the two color rule was implemented (though I'm sure you all know that) This is the first time I've seen a blue rubber such as this one, especially one that is still in production today!

Are there any other rubbers that had blue counterparts that are still produced today? I'm sure Butterfly, DHS, and RITC had some considering they have been around for numerous decades. 
Sponsored Links

martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 5:34pm
Wow!!Now that is a cool colour! Why do current rubbers have to be red or black? They need to mix it up.
Id also like to know of any other colour variants of rubbers.
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by martian22 martian22 wrote:

Wow!!Now that is a cool colour! Why do current rubbers have to be red or black? They need to mix it up.

Now I know the two color rule stipulated that you had to have two different colors of rubber on each side, but I think it also said that it had to be red and black. For example, Jiang Jialiang used blue rubbers in 1983, by '85 Chen Longcan still used blue rubber but Jiang switched to red, but then by '87 everyone was using red rubbers. So I think both went hand in hand. 
ttplaya2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplaya2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 6:53pm
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 6:57pm
Very nice! I'm pretty sure DHS 651/652 had blue versions as well, since Jiang Jialiang used 651 throughout his career. 
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 8:14pm
Wow. amazing how good a condition it looks in, considering how old it is! Is the sponge still soft?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 8:20pm
The Red / Black rule was not a good decision by the ITTF. Table tennis would be much cooler and able to go with trends if you could still have Yellow or Pink rubbers, especially translucent ones used to look awesome
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2011 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Wow. amazing how good a condition it looks in, considering how old it is! Is the sponge still soft?

Oh if only I possessed the rubber! I'm sure a couple layers of speed glue would soften it up. I've been looking around for rare old rubbers/blades as of late. Two rubbers I really wanted were the TSP Spectol and TSP Spin Pips from the late 90s, emblazoned with silver and gold medals respectively, adorned with the names of Wang Tao, and Liu Guoliang. 

They're really cheap too, I'll need to figure out a way to get them though.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 1:05am
When I was speedgluing spectol, I used sheets that were made special for Wang Tao in a custom thickness. Not that it made much difference, but it was cool to say I did. I showed my friend from Guangzhou and he almost stole it haha. They had Wang Tao written on the back in chinese.

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2011 at 4:44am
butterfly... think about all the money you can have with tenergy yellow, blue, green, ....
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 4:10am
Drool...

I would drop good money for that blue sheet. A rare find indeed!
helmsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 5:09am
Originally posted by martian22 martian22 wrote:

More pictures here: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20936

Edited by helmsman - 03/21/2011 at 5:13am
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 12:02pm
PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITTF! BRING THE COLORS BACK!

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 1:47pm
can someone say sexy!!!!
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
vanhuynh16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhuynh16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

can someone say sexy!!!!

Sorry to bring up a old topic but I totally agree and man i wish i could have a blue rubber that would be so cool! and is it possible to dye one of our rubbers blue?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhuynh16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 9:17pm
Is there a place to buy blue rubbers??? I would like to have blue long pips! lol
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 6:26pm
The ITTF should allow multiple color combinations.
Black/Red
Blue/Yellow
Blue/Red
Black/Green
etc...

As long as the colors are not the same or really close to each other. This would be GREAT for the game.
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 7:41pm
I think the chinese rubber companies were missing a trick in allowing the 'only red/black rule. It made it a lot harder for the world beaters of the time to differentiate their rubbers with those of the japanese
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhuynh16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 10:42pm
Does anyone anyone happen to have a blue any rubber?? I would love to pay to have a blue rubber! :)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 4:46am
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

The ITTF should allow multiple color combinations.
Black/Red
Blue/Yellow
Blue/Red
Black/Green
etc...

As long as the colors are not the same or really close to each other. This would be GREAT for the game.

Absolutely, we should have a dedicated thread for that in the ITTF section, or actually setup an online petition, it wouldn't be hard to make a chart where you can cross reference allowed colour combinations that are suitably contrasting. It's something that would be great for the cool factor popularity of the game and the rubber manufacturers, something that really should have happened in the first place when the colour rule came out

Edited by bluebucket - 04/30/2011 at 4:49am
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 8:43am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I was roaming around the internet today when I stumbled upon these photos of a BLUE spectol. 

could you share the link?

mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 9:00am
Before my 22 year hiatus I used to play with a blue Mark V. I only got it at the time because of the color. I was one of the first in my club to have a different colored rubber. On the bh I had one of the reddish brown tacky Friendship 729..not the prettiest color combination. I would welcome if certain color combinations would be allowed again. I would definitely go for a new color.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 10:17am
Was the blue Mark V a clear blue like Tornado is yellow/gold or was it a solid blue like that spectol, it would have been very nice looking in a clear blue :)?
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 10:23am
It was a translucent blue, not a solid. Not quite as clear as the Tornado as far as I can remember.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 10:27am
Nice!, that's a rubber I never saw. I only ever saw Mark V in red back then. I'd like to see a picture of that if anyone has one or an old catalogue
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:11pm
As a matter of fact,blue pips were used in the late 70's by several players ,they looked so beautiful .
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:15pm
How about this rule. You are allowed to have any of these colors:
Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple, White

Combinations not allowed:
Same Colors
Red/Orange
Yellow/Orange
Red/Pink
Red/Green (color blindness)

This would grow the game as it allows individuals to express themselves. Now how can we suggest this to the ITTF?

EJs are in big trouble. The orange feels a little softer than the purple... haha

Edited by sweetstrike - 05/02/2011 at 12:21pm
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

How about this rule. You are allowed to have any of these colors:
Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple, White

Combinations not allowed:
Same Colors
Yellow/Orange
Purple/Blue
Red/Pink
Red/Green (color blindness)

This would grow the game as it allows individuals to express themselves. Now how can we suggest this to the ITTF?

Although it's highly unlikely to be implemented, I really like this suggestion. Smile

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:21pm
We can email them :), if they don't agree then we need to make a ground swell movement but really I can't see how this isn't one of the best ideas ever for the sport. Well not really an idea, but setting things "right" after a long time of a half way wrong half way right decision. I suppose you guys have got your pre-order in for translucent hot pink T05 already :p

Edited by bluebucket - 05/02/2011 at 12:22pm
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

We can email them :), if they don't agree then we need to make a ground swell movement but really I can't see how this isn't one of the best ideas ever for the sport. Well not really an idea, but setting things "right" after a long time of a half way wrong half way right decision.

Sometimes I wish MYTT was a little more like Facebook where I could click "like" on a comment.

I would "like" this comment. Smile

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 05/02/2011 at 12:29pm
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic