FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
    Posted: 03/21/2011 at 8:10pm
I just swapped my Maze off for one today. Slapped on a sheet of genius (just 1) and tried it. Felt REALLY nice. Someone saw that i was using it and wanted to buy it because its his favourite blade. When i asked why doesnt he just buy one he said they dont sell it anymore.
Really? Why would they not sell it anymore it was such a popular blade no?

If this is true then is there any other blade identical to the Waldner Senso Carbon?
I think this is the best feeling blade i have ever tried
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 8:20pm
I've a ST handle WSC, 84g, I think. I love it very much not bcuz JOW used to play it. to me personally it doesn't feel like a composite blade, more like an all wood blade w/ a slight twist of someth'n which i can't put words to it.
I played my Serbian old buddy's 1 w/ Tibhar Nimbus Medium X2 one morning & this combo was so very nice & I can't recall/remember any other combo plays as uniquely nice as this. I can't really shake that nice feeling off.
I hope 1 day I could play that combo again.

Edited by tiehwen - 03/21/2011 at 8:21pm
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 8:25pm
http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/en/product_info.php?pName=donic-waldner-carbon-senso&cName=blades

It seems no UK store sells it. But i found it on this website. So u can buy one now :)
Stiga Clipper
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 8:27pm
It seems like it has a very soft feeling. So im guessing pairing it with a soft tensor just wouldnt work.
Even with Tibhar Genius on it, it felt so soft. It gives u amazing feedback on contact. Definitely feels more like an all wood blade
Stiga Clipper
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 9:43pm
Paddlepalace.com usa web site still sells this if this is what you are referring to:

There is also another one called Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon.

i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 9:46pm
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2011 at 9:48pm
in the above video at last which blade is tht on which he is putting rubbers
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 2:49am
That one is the V1 not the normal waldner senso carbon. 
Was the waldner senso carbon blade built to play with speed glue or was it the ALL Play that was popular back then?
Stiga Clipper
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 3:54am
They don't make blades for speed glue or not :). It's a good blade though, it's about the most control you can get in a carbon blade that still has decent speed
zigster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Ndragon88 Ndragon88 wrote:

http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/en/product_info.php?pName=donic-waldner-carbon-senso&cName=blades

It seems no UK store sells it. But i found it on this website. So u can buy one now :)

Jarvis Sports, the Donic distributor in the UK has it available. I don't think they stopped making it.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 9:10am
Jarvis Sports sells the Senso Carbon for £42.49

The reason the blade has a woody feel is because it is not a typical 7 ply carbon design.

The carbon layers are placed around the centre ply, i.e layers 3 & 5; whereas the standard carbon blade has wooden plies around the centre ply and the carbon layers; i.e. layers 2 & 6, are on top of the inner plies surrounding the centre ply and beneath the outer plies.

Edited by Peter C - 03/22/2011 at 9:41am
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 9:56am
which blade is better the normal waldner senso carbon or the V1
zigster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 10:02am
Not sure whether you can get a normal version -  I've only seen the V1. That blade is fairly light but head heavy (because of the hollow handle); wether you like that or not is a personal preference.
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 10:03am
They're all V1 nowadays I think, and if you do get it, make sure to seal the surface, otherwise it'll splinter. 
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 10:04am
no in the video its not waldner senso carbon
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 10:07am
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/donic-ovtcharov-senso-v1.html
its this blade u can see the handle and colour of the boxes

Edited by i rock - 03/22/2011 at 10:08am
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 10:45am
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 11:30am
I get it now. The V1 on the blade is a waldner senso carbon but its just the newer generation ones. Like the guy at my club said the one i have is from years ago, older generation.
Thanks Peter C for the information. I understand it now.
I am not sure what everyone thinks about the control on the blade compared to say the Maze OFF or TBS or maybe Samsonov Alpha. But would it be right to say that the extra feeling and feedback from the blade allows an easier time controlling your game?
Stiga Clipper
zigster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Ndragon88 Ndragon88 wrote:

I get it now. The V1 on the blade is a waldner senso carbon but its just the newer generation ones. Like the guy at my club said the one i have is from years ago, older generation.
Thanks Peter C for the information. I understand it now.
I am not sure what everyone thinks about the control on the blade compared to say the Maze OFF or TBS or maybe Samsonov Alpha. But would it be right to say that the extra feeling and feedback from the blade allows an easier time controlling your game?

Compared to TBS: WSC v1 is slower (it's OFF-), and has more flex, more feel, more control. Can't compare to Maze of Samsonov Alpha.

Edited by zigster - 03/22/2011 at 11:53am
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 2:26pm
thank you zigster Smile
Stiga Clipper
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 2:50pm
It has really good feedback, even excessive for some players since it vibrates quite a bit for a composite. It's a classic Swedish construction with the very thin carbon laminate. It's almost an overkill to say it's a carbon blade. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 4:24pm
I've been using this blade for a short while now.  It has been my suspicion that it is in fact not a true carbon blade with a carbon fiber weave-ply (like TBS, MM, KLHS, etc.)  but that they simply used Carbon Graphite in the glue layers around the core-ply to make it a little bit stiffer. 
Can any one speak to this?
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 4:48pm
Yeah I dont think it feels anything like those u stated either. Feels very similar to my Samsonov Alpha but with better response. Although I have hardly tried it so I cant be sure.
I am debating what rubbers to put on it now from all my spares.

Has anyone ever tried or known anyone to play with a chinese untuned rubber on the FH with the WSC?

I will be putting on a BW2 untuned on for one. But I cant decide what to put on the other side. Unfortunately i dont have many choices. Nimbus Sound but i think that would be WAY too soft.
I have a H3 I could put on the other side
Stiga Clipper
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 7:40pm
is speed gluing allowed now a days 
and is it nessesary 2 speed glue 2 blade and rubbers
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 7:43pm
i cant understand 1 thing  i searched on many sites 4 the rubbers=donic coppa jo gold ,donic coppa jo platin, donic jo waldner and i find the price speed spin control different on all sites  
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2011 at 7:58pm
Right now I'm playing Giant Dragon Tai Chi (Hard) 2.0 on FH and 2.2 on BH (same rubber) both heavily tuned with lamp oil.  I don't know if it is a quality control thing with that brand, but the 2.2 sponge seems WAAAAY harder than the 2.0 (that's why I tried lamp oil in the first place -- to soften it up a bit).  I prefer a harder rubber on BH for it's direct feel. My forehand can adapt better to a softer sponge, but I prefer brush looping, so I like it to be reasonably hard (med-hard).  I've had JO Platin, Killerspin GT, DHS Hurricane II, Joola Energy Xtra -- all sorts of rubber from hard & tacky to soft & grippy --  and I'd say the Tai Chi's have felt the best of the rubber I've tried on this blade -- at least for how I swing the bat (try to emulate Kong Linghui as best I can ;)
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:05am
h

Edited by i rock - 03/23/2011 at 6:35am
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 11:23am
its still available in pingpongonline
stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 6:54pm
can ayone tell me the dimensions for the Waldner Senso Carbon ST handle? ty!
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2011 at 7:55pm
I've got one for sale in FL
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic