FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Buy and Sell > For sale

Best way to post in the FS section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best way to post in the FS section
    Posted: 04/19/2011 at 5:15pm
We like to read the FS section like a TT magazine where, in addition of the information we can get about TT (only) items, we can interract with people and be active members.

We also enjoy the fact that the search engine allows us to find at what price used items went for (when sellers give away the true final price they accepted) so we can have a rough idea of the money needed to be spent to acquire a given used item.

In order to help the FS section to reach its full potential, I believe it is necessary to leave behind as much information as possible about any sale.
That means not editing the original post of a thread other than striking out the sold item(s). That way when weeks later anybody conducts a search for something in ANY search engine (bing, google etc...), (s)he may have a mytt hit; of course this remains true when searching within mytt.

It does not matter if the seller priced his/her item too high, too low or just right. For diverse reasons the price can vary so much; dings, sanding, popularity, rarity are factors. Also the seller can be in a hurry to sell or may try to sell it very high because (s)he does not need the money etc...It does not matter if a manufacturer prices an item higher or lesser months or years later.
The point is with a lots of hits, the potential buyer may build him/herself an idea of true market value of the item and if mytt itself can help him/her without the need to search anywhere else then we'll have done a good job. We want to give that potential buyer the tools and possibilities to find his/her game by him/herself so his/her satisfaction is more intense.

As a side effect of such a policy, any given thread keeps its consistency so it can still be enjoyable to read; that's not the case when a long thread contains posts related to an original post that has been heavily edited overtime.

When a seller has more stuff for sale (s)he can add it in the OP and simply add a new post like "added this and that...."

I understand people may feel shy to start another thread as they can think it will be considered as spam; I remember discussions about consolidating multiple threads into one to avoid seeing the FS part of the main mytt page being flooded with threads from the same seller.

Common sense may lead the seller. When do we have so many stricken out sold items it is OK to let the thread fall in limbo and start another one with the remaining unsold items?

The question is: what would be the number of sold items that are stricken out before being allowed to start a new thread? I'd say 10.

What will you say?

I'd love to see us, the users, define what makes us feel comfortable.

A long time ago I congratulated Thaile for the way he organize his FS threads and many do the same so I want to give credit to them too. Here is an example of what I like to see:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37827
That's my favorite way: he lowers down the price as the item does not sell and we can assume (right or wrong) easily what the final price is. He uses colors for easier reading. It is just enjoyable to read isn't it?

That thread will be useful in the future from within mytt and from the outside world as well. I feel like that seller gives something to mytt in exchange for the service he got free of charge.

Please show us some other threads like this one.

Thanks for your reading,
fatt

we ping therefore we are feedback the fatt ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2011 at 2:50pm
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37972

OH MAN! what a beautiful ad:

-the links

-the clickable thumbnails leading to bigger pictures, defined at  1136x757  which is enough to see the blade well without scrolling.

-the font color choices

-the prices are obviously thought to minimize the ad's management (everything seems to go pretty fast without dumping anything).

My hat's off sir!
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 1:50pm
Always use tracking when shipping from USA to USA; it is inexpensive (90 cents) and the feature has proved to be the most efficient of all when we look at bang for the buck.

Ask first class with "USPS tracking" at your USPS branch when you ship. The package must be less than 13oz and thicker than 1/4 inch. If not it will be upgraded to "Priority Mail" and the cost will jump about $4 of $5 for the typical shipping parcel (example: a couple blades and rubbers well packaged).

Track here: 

fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2013 at 6:50pm
If you are the buyer, DO NOT PAYPAL AS GIFT.

If you are the seller, TRACK, TRACK, TRACK the package; keep your receipt until reception of the package is confirmed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic