FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New BW II (red sponge)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 7:43am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

The Haifu sponge rating is higher than DHS's. Like say 39 in BW2 is more like 41 or 42 in DHS sponge

Thanks, bluebucket. I was just at the checkout when I refreshed this page and saw your reply. I'm going to purchase the 38 deg. My last BWII was 37. Hopefully it arrives on time before the university closes for the summer. Dead
Sponsored Links

onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 5:09pm
I've been using red sponge haifu bw II for a month. I got it from a sponsored Chinese player who plays in Turkey. He gave me the rubber with 38 degrees of sponge.

38 degrees haifu has the hardness of 40 degrees dhs at close table. Mid and far distance is another story. I'll explain.

First thing I realized  is the Mid distance problem with Haifu Black sponge is gone. Sometimes you could experience sudden drops at hid and half distance. With the black spoge version although many of my fellows loved the service and close to table characteristics they quit using it and continued using euro and jap rubbers.

The sponge is hard but bouncy ,not stiff. The top sheet looked like a little bit different to me. Myabe its because its a sponsored version of the rubber the top sheet is more flexible and looks more gentle but I could not see any colorization in a month while a DHS provincials lasts only a month for me.

The rubber is definetly for the power spin player who also wants close to table control aswell. 

Dhs h3 still has the best top sheet. I can do better openings and serves with Dhs H3.

Haifu has the power. I can do better and more controled rallies with the red sponge Haifu Bw II.

Although it has more flexibility I still recommend All wood or arylate blades for more efficient use.

Edited by onurzaim - 05/01/2011 at 5:13pm
Frindship F-1
Forhand: Hurricane 3 39
Backhand: Haifu Shark III pink sponge
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 5:19pm
I must confess: I purchased a sheet yesterday. Wacko

That's what I get for coming around here more lately. As completely happy as I am with my current stuff (and have been for a couple months now), I post here a few times in a week and all of a sudden I'm EJing again. Sick

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 6:07pm
compared to the provincial versions of blue whale II the red sponge is a downgrade in speed and spin.
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

compared to the provincial versions of blue whale II the red sponge is a downgrade in speed and spin.
I never heard of "the provincial versions of blue whale II", though. It only has national version(red label?).
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 9:21pm
A friend of mine picks them up in Hong Kong. 
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I must confess: I purchased a sheet yesterday. Wacko

That's what I get for coming around here more lately. As completely happy as I am with my current stuff (and have been for a couple months now), I post here a few times in a week and all of a sudden I'm EJing again. Sick

One of us...one of us...Dead
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 1:24am
lol sorry, It's still worth trying instead of getting scared by a 3rd or potentially 4th person opinion of them. Otherwise, the old BW2 is half the price and just as easy to go back to.
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 1:28am
Beeray, do you just get the untuned version and tune it yourself with haifu oil?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 1:29am
if I could be lucky enough to have my hands on haifu oil I would...but I'm just going to buy the tuned version.

I heard that stuff was going for like 600 dollars a bottle to some chinese provincial players.... insane.

qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 1:46am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

if I could be lucky enough to have my hands on haifu oil I would...but I'm just going to buy the tuned version.

I heard that stuff was going for like 600 dollars a bottle to some chinese provincial players.... insane.

Are we talking about that blue bottle that Albert has at $33 for 300ml, or something else entirely? I was contemplating whether or not it would be cost effective in the long run to just tune our own BWII's.

I bought two sheets of the upgraded BWII along with a bottle of Haifu speedglue just to try it out. I know it's not the oil, but I got an old BWII with the removed tuning layer that I'd like to try it on.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 1:57am
that stuff is not the oil... its the Water solubility bond. Even though it says oil. The oil is brown and in a yellow bottle. The WSB is what they use to tune the BW2 now, but they used to come pre tuned with the brown Haifu Oil and then 10 layers of WSB. Now its just the WSB.

BW2 is weird on speedglue, but I kind of like it. I used to do that. It's worth trying if you can speedglue.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 4:18am
Tulip I think has tuning oil that looks exactly the same as the haiu oil, it's cheap too. Plenty of brands in China have similar/same stuff
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 11:35am
Tulip? I've never heard of Tulip... do you have any more examples or just the one? also, where did you find it?
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

[QUOTE=qynthnghm]Where did you find this red sponged BWII?

I'm sick of the differences along the cycle of a tuning job, and I don't like NEO.

I was in a similar frame of mind about the neo series ,thought it seemed too " plastic like" etc. I stuck with the regular H3,then I decided to spend some time playing this rubber and believe me Beeray 1  this is way better more powerful than most rubbers on the market,I think you should but another sheet of Neo Hurricane and give it another try.  Wink
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 11:52pm
Really PongPong? You posted this in Coaching & Tips?

No wonder it hasn't hit 100 replies yet :)

Moved to equipment forum.

Please watch the littering.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 8:48pm
anyone using it now? please give a review..
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 9:26pm
You can read my review if you scroll up. Thumbs Up

Ask me any question you like to.
Frindship F-1
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 11:21pm
could you compare it with the old BW II the perm tension batch black sponge?
Nexy Calix
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 11:35pm
With the new red sponge you get almost the same close to table futures + Euro/jap like mid distance performance.

The sponge is more flexible. This may cause your balls to jump higher in serve returns.

The serve is more spinny.

You do not get a feel like you are hitting a brick (which I like actually).

You get more speed.

In first times I had difficulties in controlling. The ball was going off the table in critical balls (especially when I was tired).

National version black sponge version topsheets are sticked to the sponge much better. I did not experience yet but my professional friends had bubbles in few sheets. Maybe we need to wait for national versions.

Off the table half cut ball spinning is more efficient.

Counter spinning is more deadly.

Only negative thing is close to table/net control is lost little bit. You could do more deadly drops with black sponge haifu's.

If throwing angle is necessary I can give a link to one of my training with red sponge haifu.

That is all I can write right now.
Frindship F-1
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 12:18am
I would like to see this training video showcasing the new BWII, if possible. Thanks. Smile
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 4:12am
please share the link

thanks
Nexy Calix
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 4:13am
btw hope it isnt the same as the old ones that topsheets separate from sponge easily..
Nexy Calix
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 5:56am
I tested mine. It is not like training versions. My sheet don't seperate from sponge.

I have a very short slip doing Bh - FH drill. My forhand is BW II.

http://dai.ly/jhYwjk

Maybe I can post longer videos later.

Edited by onurzaim - 05/04/2011 at 6:01am
Frindship F-1
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 6:34am
I had several sheets of of BW II perm tension black sponge( not the training versions) which the topsheet separated from the sponge.. started from the sides..
Nexy Calix
Trottski View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trottski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 8:45am
Japsko.com do a National BW2 version that is very good.
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by onurzaim onurzaim wrote:

With the new red sponge you get almost the same close to table futures + Euro/jap like mid distance performance.

The sponge is more flexible. This may cause your balls to jump higher in serve returns.

The serve is more spinny.

You do not get a feel like you are hitting a brick (which I like actually).

You get more speed.

In first times I had difficulties in controlling. The ball was going off the table in critical balls (especially when I was tired).

National version black sponge version topsheets are sticked to the sponge much better. I did not experience yet but my professional friends had bubbles in few sheets. Maybe we need to wait for national versions.

Off the table half cut ball spinning is more efficient.

Counter spinning is more deadly.

Only negative thing is close to table/net control is lost little bit. You could do more deadly drops with black sponge haifu's.

If throwing angle is necessary I can give a link to one of my training with red sponge haifu.

That is all I can write right now.
Is it much lighter than its old version? How about throw, higher or about the same? Do you think it can be used for BH?
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 10:28pm
Does anyone have any pics of this sheet out of the plastic?
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2011 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

Does anyone have any pics of this sheet out of the plastic?

Don't know Anton or Beeray have gotten their sheets yet. But I have some from MYTT that have already been shipped. As soon as I get them, I'll upload some detailed pics of the topsheet and sponge.
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2011 at 9:50am
[/QUOTE]
Is it much lighter than its old version? How about throw, higher or about the same? Do you think it can be used for BH?[/QUOTE]

No there is not noticable weight difference.

I think this rubber is good for forhand.

Throw angle depends on technique, blade, distance, force, sponge. I posted a video for you to see the throw angle. I think it is little bit higher than black sponge but as I think it is still subject of discussion.

I am posting 3 pictures for inspecting. Altough my camera is not a very good camera you may have some clues about the topsheet and the sponge.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104473575324618446734/HaifuBWIIRedSponge?authkey=Gv1sRgCN-tnIGvuaDOHQ#

Edited by onurzaim - 05/05/2011 at 9:58am
Frindship F-1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic