Overall:
View all feedback about this seller (8)
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: table tennis equip.
    Posted: 05/03/2011 at 4:54pm
PIC'S BELOW

I have 2 blades and three rubber sheets, all used but in excellent condition with zero damaged and hardely used on sale with original packaging. Shipping free in North American for all orders.
Note: These rubbers fit over the blade after I take them off. Unlike some others, I do not put very much glue on the sponge and/or stretch the rubber when putting it on and cutting. PM me if interested. Most of the pics were taken at night with less than ideal lighting conditions. If additional pics are wanted, please inquire. All prices are negotiable. Absolutly know trades. Thank you.

Blades:

Petr Korbel Flared handle 92 grams: Asking for $50 $45 SOLD

Grubba Pro Flared handle with Flextra 1.9mm rubbers (butterflyonline put it together): Asking for $80 $75 Pending

Rubbers:

Bryce Speed black 2.1mm. Cut to korbel. Asking for $40 $35

Sriver EL red 2.1mm. Cut to korbel. Asking for $25

New items  

Valor Tizona Flared. 96 grams. Used 2 hrs. Asking for $70 $65

Dr Evil hardbat rubber. Red. Cut to Valor Tizona. Used 2 hrs. Askinf for $7

Edited by rnroman83 - 06/01/2011 at 3:53pm
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
Sponsored Links

liberty.sky View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liberty.sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 3:48am
trade new h3 neo for sriver el?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Xiom Vega Pro / Tenergy 64
USATT 2052
yttl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yttl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2011 at 2:35pm
What is the weight of the Primorac Carbon please?
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 12:52am
92 grams
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 1:01am
Here are pics:

PC:

Korbel:

Grubba Pro with Flextra 1.9's:

Bryce Speed red 2.1:

Bryce Speed black 2.1:

Sriver EL red 2.1mm:
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liberty.sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2011 at 10:26am
I sent you H3 Neo Provincial black for trade as agreed, but haven't received the Bryce Speed yet about a week already since Monday.

Any reason for delay?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
USATT 2052
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2011 at 10:12pm
Sold the red already. I figured you were waiting for a response on that one so I delayed in sending the black one to you. When I did receive yours I laughed, thought to myself I dodged a bullet and if I payed for it I would have thrown it out then and there because of the condition (very old and worn, absolutly no tackiness making it unplayable) and have been to busy working to send it back ever since. That is the last time I agree to a trade on this website. Expect your rubber back early on in the week. I don't appreciate being conned.

Edited by rnroman83 - 05/23/2011 at 3:49pm
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 12:18am
rnroman, post pics for other members to see, sorry to hear things didn't work out.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by rnroman83 rnroman83 wrote:

Sold the red already. I figured you were waiting for a response on that one so I delayed in sending the black one to you. When I did receive yours I laughed, thought to myself I dodged a bullet and if I payed for it I would have thrown it out then and there because of the condition (very old and worn, absolutly no tackiness making it unplayable) and have been to busy working to send it back ever since. That is the last time I agree to a trade on this website. Expect your rubber back early on in the week. I don't appreciate be conned.

Way to go,I have no doubt that if you had received a legitimate rubber you would have sent his.Too many cons on this site.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 9:42am
I have a bunch of pics up on the fifth post down. I will move them up to. Thank you Chris.
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liberty.sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 11:52am
That's bs. Even due to your lack of understanding, I don't appreciate slander. I even posted pics of it. It was not worn at all being played for 2 days. It is also legitimate with stamp proof.

It's not as tacky because it was wiped down with Rushawa foam cleanser. The higher grade H3's are more tensor-like.

If you rely on rubber tackiness to generate spin, this rubber isn't for you in either case. 

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
USATT 2052
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liberty.sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 12:07pm
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/23511/P1000974.JPG

"Old and worn" with virtually no glue residue.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/23511/P1000973.JPG

not "worn" at all. There are only smudges present which were wiped down with cleanser prior to sending. Worn would have white-ish pimples showing through.

You're the con in this case.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
USATT 2052
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 12:24pm

I have a bunch of pics up on the fifth post down. I will move them up to. Thank you Chris.
Did you take pictures of the rubber you received as a trade?
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 11:27pm

No. I will take pics and post them tomorrow.

BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2011 at 2:13pm

BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2011 at 2:19pm
Pics added for new added equipment on first post.
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2011 at 3:12pm

I agree that the rubber does not look 'almost new', but I know that many chinese rubbers mark up and get that oxidized look without detriment to the playing characteristics. I have seen the pictures in the other thread and they do look different that the ones you took. They were taken at a different distance and angle, which makes the rubber look different. I am not saying that it was done on purpose, but I can understand where the difference in opinion comes from.
Did you put it on the blade and play with it? Just curious.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2011 at 3:37pm
That looks really, really bad - that looks like rubber off a loaner paddle at the club.  The grit and grime around the logo suggests to me that this rubber has been used for quite a while.

Edited by chronos - 05/23/2011 at 3:38pm
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2011 at 3:46pm
Did not play with it or glue up. It is oxidized and dryed out (no grip or tack on the surface...I mean completely dry). I know table tennis equipment and what characteristics to expect from it.  This whole situation is insulting to my intelligence. These pictures and common sense are enough.

Thank you Chronos

Edited by rnroman83 - 05/23/2011 at 3:55pm
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2011 at 4:11pm

Did not play with it or glue up. It is oxidized and dryed out (no grip or tack on the surface...I mean completely dry). I know table tennis equipment and what characteristics to expect from it.  This discussion is insulting to my intelligence. These pictures and common sense are enough.
I don't think you understand my motivation in this at all, but it is your prerogative to react to my neutral questions with hostility.
I don't know how I can be aware of your knowledge level from the posts in this thread, that's why I try to get this information before crucifying someone or allege dishonest motives.
I believe better original pictures of the rubber would have given you better opportunity to assess the condition of the rubber and could have prevented this situation.
I think a general learning from this for for all buyers and sellers can be to try to gather as much information as possible (especially meaningful, clear pictures) before agreeing to a purchase or trade.

rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 10:08am

Chinese rubber's spin comes more from its topsheet then jap/euro rubbers, whose spin comes more from a combination of sponge and topsheet. Tacky vs grippy. Forward motion with chinese. Upward with jap/euro. Instant spin with serves and pushes. Variable spin when penetrating the sponge with euro/jap. Neo sponge is elastic and tuned. Therefore the sponge is somewhat penetrable but if the topsheet is dead and not very penetrable due to oxidation, it will perform like a subpar, old chinese rubber (i.e. dead junk). When jap/euro rubbers age, you may lose speen and spin but you can still get trajectory and playabiility with it. With dried out chinese rubber the best you can hope for is speed and unpredicatability. In either case, I was getting rid of my bryce speed because I didn't want it anymore, not because it was old. There is still atleast 85% life in it. Just slight discoloration where my index finger brushes, and it is still fairly grippy in that area as well.

BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 11:05am
Thanks for the information. This helps a lot.
I believe you are right not to want to stick to the trade and return the rubber. This time it worked out OK in the end due to the circumstances, but if you both would have sent the rubbers right away, I can see how this could have gotten ugly.

In general:
For the seller: Make sure you take the best picture possible to show the true condition of what you are selling.

For the buyer: Make sure you have all the information you need to make a decision you feel comfortable with.

For trades:
Both of the above apply to each trading partner.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liberty.sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 3:02pm
looks like he used it a bit. there's a mark in the center like a ball hit when I had wiped it down already. It should have showed horizontal marks from the brush. 

Only reason I was trading was because I used it for 2 days and found it too hard. So I applied oil tuner to soften it and it turned out much too fast. 

I still have not received it returned after > 10 days. If you're not satisfied, you should return it asap Roman, instead of not communicating at all until I ask you what happened.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
USATT 2052
pingpongzoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongzoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 4:23pm

Just realized that it is much trickier to trade than to buy/sell

Edited by pingpongzoro - 05/25/2011 at 8:58am
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 4:54pm
I don't think these observations are right.

Sellers pic is not detailed enough to be able to rule out glue residue.  Maybe he has a high res version.

Rubber in 2nd pic is not trimmed.  There is a small ball of glue residue between the 1 + 5, right on the edge of the sellers pic.  You can see this ball of glue residue in the buyers pic as well.  This is easily repeated for any of the small features on the edge of the rubber in the sellers pic.  The chinese character next to the 2 has the same features in the buyers pic.
helmsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 5:09pm

I'd disagree with you, pingpongzoro. The shooting angle alone is not enough indeed to explain the "illusion" but there are few more variables which influence our perception. The strong light on the seller's pic is just good enough to cover the glue residue. Here is the same picture with reduced brightness. It's quite clear that there is a lot's of glue on the sheet.

Edited by helmsman - 05/24/2011 at 5:12pm
pingpongzoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongzoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 5:25pm
Both remarks (two above) make good sense. My observations were suggestive at best. I retract it so as not to implicate anybody of wrongdoing.  Thank you gentlemen. 

Edited by pingpongzoro - 05/24/2011 at 5:28pm
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 8:38pm
Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate the different points of view, the explanations and the discussion. 
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 11:43pm
I sent the rubber back yesterday and the postlady said it should arrive Wednesday. And no, I did not even bother attempting to play with that rubber. Again, nice try.
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
rnroman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnroman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2011 at 4:01pm
Prices reduced
BTY TBS FL

Tenergy 05

Tenergy 05 FX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic