Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advertising on MyTableTennis.NET
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

WTTC 2011 draw/results/discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
Author
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 7:14am
I have red about the Wang Hao racket incident also. Why does an umpire do such thing: tearing
of wang hao's rubber partly off right before the match started. I would not be happy either when
someone does that to my racket right before a match
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Picture of the day

(crop of screen shot taken from ttCountenance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJsk9IZmj7E at the very end).
Notice the symbol of Wang Hao's humble retreat. 
Here is the original version of that same screen shot: uploads/17211/PictureOfTheDay.jpg

Haha rather from my video, but no worries. Still epic celebration Wink
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance
Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.
GBtabletennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBtabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by atin atin wrote:

I have red about the Wang Hao racket incident also. Why does an umpire do such thing: tearing 
of wang hao's rubber partly off right before the match started. I would not be happy either when 
 If I watch the match on Youtube from ttCountenance, I see Wang Hao plays careful with his backhand, it was more blocking and counter playing than looping. So I could believe that... We will see the next time when Wang Hao meets Zhang Jike. (China Open???) 

Edited by GBtabletennis - 05/16/2011 at 1:01pm
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 1:19pm
WH fans, no excuse, please! This time ZJK just out-played WH.
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 1:26pm
I am no Wang Hao fan, but the racket incident is just a fact that happened, Wang Hao even said it in a interview afterwards. Off course Zhang played really great. But if you have to reglue your rubber again with water glue just 1 minute for the match it might play a bit awkward.
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 1:29pm
Chen Qi beat Samsnov using his back-up racket. Any more excuse?
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Picture of the day

(crop of screen shot taken from ttCountenance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJsk9IZmj7E at the very end).
Notice the symbol of Wang Hao's humble retreat. 
Here is the original version of that same screen shot: uploads/17211/PictureOfTheDay.jpg

Haha rather from my video, but no worries. Still epic celebration Wink

OOPS. I edited the credit. Sorry bro.
feedback the fatt    ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)    we ping therefore we are
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 1:51pm

You can tell Wang Hao that, no need to tell us. Since this event was organized here in Holland we also have more local news sources then you have  so we tough let's share this information with the rest of us.

Seems PongPong don't understand this point of view and only care about saying: Wang Hao fan's stop making excuses...
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 2:08pm
Only those who don't understand this sport tend to be focused more on the equipment.
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

Wang Hao has commented that his rubber on his blade was damaged by an examiner just before that match against ZJK.  He is not complaining and he is not using this incidence as an excuse for his loss.
But 2 things are sure:
-He had to rush and replace the rubber just minutes before the match.  He had to blow air to dry the glue.  This was a distraction.
-His set up, therefore, was not exactly the same as the set up used in his match against Ma Long.
How can an examiner checking the finalist's set up at a WTTC final be so careless?!

what the hell!!!!
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by PongPong PongPong wrote:

Only those who don't understand this sport tend to be focused more on the equipment.

you seem to be a 'pingpong' player instead of table tennis one..! equipment is very important of course.. sure pros can adapt very quickly but they won't play as good...!
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by PongPong PongPong wrote:

those who do not have a penny tend to hate. you are already known toc toc.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 2:40pm
At least Sallom understands it Clap

Now i wait for PongPong to share some interesting news about the WTTC instead of only critisize. I'm pretty shure we can wait forever

I've seen daily some funny and interesting fact's and photo's passing by on the dutch tt websites that didn't make it abroard.
patient.bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patient.bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by atin atin wrote:

I think they felt very guilty about this later and that is why they gave the women's double's trophy to ZJK.
Trying to be safe, you know - just in case WH sues them later or something....they can always say WH is still the last man to have the Men's singles trophy.
Stiga AR NCT + Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm.....and a few others
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 3:26pm

LOL  you're probably right patient.bird.

Anyway, afterwards seen I think it was a well organized event, with the ups and downs every event has. The only exception might be the switch of the trophy's
KleinesDickesAilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KleinesDickesAilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 3:55pm

There are potential consequences of that incident regarding WH's mental state during the game. I would be seriousely impaired but I also admit that I am sensible towards such hassle. No excuse though for WH, he is a professional.

Kugelblitz
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 2:36am
I'm sorry but with all the net balls that Wang Hao was getting the last two matches, he has no excuses because he already had all the luck on his side in the world. It seems like half his points were won on nets. It was ridiculous. I've never seen so many net balls in professional table tennis as I did in either one of those matches from Wang Hao.
Ebenholz 7
Hurricane 3
Tenergy 80 1.9
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 3:09am
What if Wang Hao won that fifth game since he managed to claw from 5-10 to deuce? Will he win the championship?

Edited by ssiew968 - 05/17/2011 at 3:15am
FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 11:53am
Olympic 2012 direct! These guys and gals qualify right now:

MEN

1.WANG Hao

2. BOLL Timo

3. ZHANG Jike

4. MIZUTANI Jun

5. SAMSONOV Vladimir

6. JOO Se Hyuk

7. OH Sang Eun

8. CHUANG Chih-Yuan

9. OVTCHAROV Dimitrij

10. GAO Ning

11. TANG Peng

12. MAZE Michael,

13. SMIRNOV Alexei

14. MATTENET Adrien

15. SCHLAGER Werner

16. JIANG Tianyi

17. KREANGA Kalinikos

18. KISHIKAWA Seiya

19. PERSSON Jorgen

20. CHEN Weixing,

21. CRISAN Adrian,

22. SAIVE Jean-Michel

23. GIONIS Panagiotis,

24. PRIMORAC Zoran

25. GERELL Par,

26. YANG Zi,

27. SHIBAEV Alexander

28. TOKIC Bojan

WOMEN

1. LI Xiaoxia

2. GUO Yan

3. FENG Tianwei

4. ISHIKAWA Kasumi

5. FUKUHARA Ai

6. KIM Kyung Ah

7. WANG Yuegu

8. TIE Yana

9. WU Jiaduo

10. LI Jiao

11. JIANG Huajun

12. SHEN Yanfei

13. PARK Mi Young

14. LI Jie

15. HUANG Yi-Hua

16. PAVLOVICH Viktoria

17. HU Melek

18. LI Qian

19. TOTH Krisztina

20. DODEAN Daniela

21. KIM Jong

22. POTA Georgina

23. SAMARA Elizabeta

24 LI Xue

25. NI Xia Lian

26. SILBEREISEN Kristin

27. LIU Jia

28. VACENOVSKA Iveta

Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 11:53am
I wonder - will China replace Guo Yan with Ding Ning now? What are they going to do... there is still a lot of time left of course.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by ssiew968 ssiew968 wrote:

What if Wang Hao won that fifth game since he managed to claw from 5-10 to deuce? Will he win the championship?
It was the 6th game, not the 5th game.  WH actually held a game point as well after getting that game to deuce.  If WH won that game, my guess is that ZJK would have mentally collapsed in game 7 and lost the championship. 

Going back to the WH/Ma Long semis match, Ma Long was up 2-1 in games and had game point in game 4.  If he won game 4, he would have gone up 3-1 and Wang Hao may have found it virtually impossible to come back and win that match.  As it turned out, WH won game 4 to make the match 2-2, and won it 4-2.

Lots of twists and turns which of course can only be explained by what blade and rubbers these guys are using Tongue
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I wonder - will China replace Guo Yan with Ding Ning now? What are they going to do... there is still a lot of time left of course.
I don't think the Chinese (coaches) care much about who will be sent.  The reason is that whichever 2 they send will likely bring 2 medals home from London 2012.  Letting the Olympics committee make the call means less headache for LGL.
The TT medals mean less now.
But I think LGL personally would like Wang Hao to go, just to have a chance to get an Olympics gold finally.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303132
  Share Topic