FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Tenor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Tenor
    Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:39pm
anyone used Nittaku Tenor before?  What's your opinion on this fast blade from Nittaku's line of instrumental blades?  I want to get a few opinions before I consider getting one, thanks.
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

anyone used Nittaku Tenor before?  What's your opinion on this fast blade from Nittaku's line of instrumental blades?  I want to get a few opinions before I consider getting one, thanks.

The Tenor is just an oversized Acoustic. It's a beautiful blade, IMO. The feel is excellent, the speed and control are excellent, and the handle of the Tenor is better (larger) than the Acoustic, IMO.

However, if you don't like slightly head heavy blades then the Acoustic might not be the one for you. It's not terrible, but it's noticeable due to the larger head size. It all depends on what rubbers you plan on using on it.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 7:26pm
Tenor also has a thicker core than Acoustic, the total thickness is 6.0mm vs 5.7mm.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
seahorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 12:34am
The tenor is stiffer and faster than the new acoustic, it is a lot stiffer than the older style acoustic.

I use older style acoustic with thinner outer plys and more flex, it is a little slower than new acoustic but has much better feel and control. 

I tried tenor for a couple of weeks but sold it as it felt quite stiff, considering I find the new acoustic too stiff this is probably not surprising.
Donic Dicon (JO shape)
F: DNA Platinum M
B: Jekyll & Hyde 52.5
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

However, if you don't like slightly head heavy blades then the Acoustic might not be the one for you. It's not terrible, but it's noticeable due to the larger head size. It all depends on what rubbers you plan on using on it.

Anton, did you intend to write Tenor? or did you mean that Acoustic is already a bit head heavy and that Tenor, being thicker, is even more head heavy?
Join the Nexy Clan!
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 2:51am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Anton, did you intend to write Tenor? or did you mean that Acoustic is already a bit head heavy and that Tenor, being thicker, is even more head heavy?

Yes, sorry. I meant the Tenor. Thanks for the correction. The Tenor, having a larger head and consequently more surface area for rubber to cover, is more prone to head heaviness than the Acoustic.

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 05/30/2011 at 2:53am
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 5:24am
I think Tenor is overpriced. Does anybody have same opinion?
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 11:45am
It is a good blade ,but with more muted feel vs Acoustic.Still one of the best blades I have come across,though I would probably choose a heavier Acoustic.Tenor has a different head/handle form or shape,whatever you may call these.
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
hojim View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hojim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 6:19pm
I have a ST weighing 95g, loved it at first, then realized that it was too head heavy for my style of play and the rubbers that I wanted to use made the setup too heavy. I parked it a while, then bit the bullet and deceided to cut the top of the blade to reduce the weight. I got it down to 87g, what a difference it made, I am just now realizing the true potential of this blade, the gears , the control, etc. This blade with X3 on the BH and TCII on the FH is a dream. The outcome was so convincing a friend of mine who I actually got this blade from got another one and trimmed the top as well with simular results and views. Because of my chronic EJing habits I now have this as an addition to my arsenal.

Warning blade modification is not for the feint of heart.Cool

Edited by hojim - 05/31/2011 at 11:16pm
American Hinoki 2 ply POC/NWC Shake FL Rakza 7 FH Boost TS BH (testing)
1 ply Hinoki shake FL FH Rakza BH Pride 30
San Wei A5 FH Rakza 7 BH Pryde 30
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 7:57pm
This is great blade, muted feel (as mentioned by holda) and with good power..It works well when I pair it with cheap (Mercury 2 and Moon) or expensive (T05 and Barracuda) rubbers. Weight is slightly heavier (around 192 to 195 gram), but its a matter of getting used to it..
henryu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henryu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 11:15am
To compare with the two blades:

Speed:        Tenor > Acoustic
Power:        Tenor > Acoustic
Lethal:        Tenor > Acoustic
Control:       Tenor < Acoustic
Dwell time:  Tenor < Acoustic
Vibration:    Tenor < Acoustic
Flex:            Tenor < Acoustic
Spin:            Tenor < Acoustic
Arc:              Tenor < Acoustic
Feel:            Tenor:hard / Acoustic: soft
Short balls:  Tenor < Acoustic
Long balls:   Tenor > acoustic
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2011 at 11:57pm
If the weight of the Tenor is greater than the acoutic, what rubbers would you recommended using?  I am Thinking about fastarc g-1 and Tenergy 05 would this be too heavy?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 2:30am
Anyone can compare Tenor to Latika?
Join the Nexy Clan!
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 4:59am
which blade is better, Tenor or Acoustic?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 8:12am
Define "better". Tenor is an acoustic with a thicker core, therefore it's a bit faster and stiffer.

EDIT: ...and heavier.

Edited by arg0 - 06/19/2011 at 8:13am
Join the Nexy Clan!
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 9:12am

Define "better". Tenor is an acoustic with a thicker core, therefore it's a bit faster and stiffer.

EDIT: ...and heavier.

only a bit? what blade do you choose? Tenor or Acoustic?
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 10:19am
the migration of Acoustic to Tenor is easy?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 10:36am
Tenor is a thicker version of Acoustic.
Just Like Hurricane King 655, it's a thicker version of Hurricane King.
The Diff is, Tenor has bigger head size than Acoustic.
While Hking 655 and Hking has the same head size.

Latika meanwhile is as fast as Tenor.
But it has drier feel, not as butter smooth feel as Tenor/Acoustic.
It has more vibration and Harder feel than Tenor.
So I would Choose Latika since it's only cost 1/3 of Tenor.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 1:41pm
what rubbers are suitable for the tenor?
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 1:53pm
Express one worked great for me.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

Tensors on BH, Bryce speed on FH,in my opinion combine really well with Tenor.I suspect modern chinese rubbers will be fine,too for FH.Peter 79 might add some comments for pairing rubbers with tenor blade.
Be right back...
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Tensors on BH, Bryce speed on FH,in my opinion combine really well with Tenor.I suspect modern chinese rubbers will be fine,too for FH.Peter 79 might add some comments for pairing rubbers with tenor blade.

im planning on using fastarc g-1 on the forhand, however im debating on the BH. would Tenergy 05 be too heavy?
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 2:27pm

Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

im planning on using fastarc g-1 on the forhand, however im debating on the BH. would Tenergy 05 be too heavy?
I say it will be too heavy a set up.tenergies are heavy weight rubbers,like most sheets from butterfly
Be right back...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2011 at 2:28pm
H3 National tuned with parafin Oil will be powerfull enough on FH.
While BH rubber I recommend Roxon 500 pro.
It's more powerfull than T64...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2011 at 3:36pm
Peter79,
I feel like trying another Nittaku blade, with a bigger handle than Violin and a bit faster.
Price is not really an issue, because if I like it I may keep it for years and, if not, I'll sell it.
If Latika and Tenor were the same price, which one would you pick?

Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2011 at 9:31pm

Peter79,
I feel like trying another Nittaku blade, with a bigger handle than Violin and a bit faster.
Price is not really an issue, because if I like it I may keep it for years and, if not, I'll sell it.
If Latika and Tenor were the same price, which one would you pick?

I would choose Latika because it has harder feel than Tenor.
I like harder feel blades, if you like Violin then you'll suit Latika more than Tenor.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 2:00am

Mercury 2 with hardness 35 for FH. Palio CJ8000 biotech 42-44 on BH. this setup works best for me..
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 2:52am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I would choose Latika because it has harder feel than Tenor.
I like harder feel blades, if you like Violin then you'll suit Latika more than Tenor.

Thanks. Indeed, I like the feel of Violin. The only problem is I have trouble looping with it. It's not that I hit the ball short or long, but I quite often just miss the ball without knowing why. I'm a brush-looper type rather than a driver-looper type. With Lissom and other blades, I don't have this problem at all.
So at the end I decided it may be due to Violin's handle or thickness (should I say thin-ness?). Maybe I should try with some grip tape on Violin.
I would also want to try a Violin L, but Latika and Tenor are easier to get.

Join the Nexy Clan!
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 12:00pm
Then, the transition of a Acoustic to a Tenor is traumatic?
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 6:01am
after having it 6 months in my drawer I am going to use it today for the first time. I hope it isn't lo light!
I hate light blades this is my only hope;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic