Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2011 Chinese Super League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
xzws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xzws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2011 at 11:33pm
I have installed tvuplayer, but couldn't find the channel of CCTV5 on it.
There were several CCTV channels, but not CCTV5.

Have you used tvuplayer yourself? Would appreciate a lot if you
can please give a little more info about watching CCTV5 on tvuplayer
or any other streaming tools.

Originally posted by rui pedro81 rui pedro81 wrote:

i think u need to download tvuplayer, the channel is cctv5. ma long is playing ma lin right now

Edited by xzws - 06/01/2011 at 11:34pm
Sponsored Links

rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2011 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by xzws xzws wrote:

I have installed tvuplayer, but couldn't find the channel of CCTV5 on it.
There were several CCTV channels, but not CCTV5.

Have you used tvuplayer yourself? Would appreciate a lot if you
can please give a little more info about watching CCTV5 on tvuplayer
or any other streaming tools.

i think u need to download tvuplayer, the channel is cctv5. ma long is playing ma lin right now

yes i used tvuplayer to watch the game today, i just downloaded it and after i installed it, and ran the tvuplayer, all i did was write cctv5 on the box that says "search channels" and the channel came up
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2011 at 11:52pm
yea just type cctv5 in the search field...because I to downloaded it today and found it like that
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 5:08am
What is the background to these clubs?
Are they true community based clubs with their own halls multi-teams in different leagues etc with big membership? Do they have their own websites?
Or are they just teams made up for the Super league, sort of like the NATT tournament in Baltimore?
How do they qualify for the Super League?

Edited by Tinykin_2 - 06/02/2011 at 5:09am
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 9:19am
Bank of Jinzhou, Ningbo Haitian and Ba Yi are all big companies, and have been around for quite some time, and a result of that always get the best players. pretty much has the same thing, the JTTL, where private companies have teams that compete against each other, and there is an upper and lower league. 

Im sure to qualify you just need to get big wins against some of these teams. 

Edited by liXiao - 06/02/2011 at 9:27am
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:15am
I heard that China pumps loads of money in Chinese Super League and the Chinese national trainings center. Would it be so interesting to play Super League in financial case?
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:53am
I'm trying to figure out who is on each team.
So far 

Ba Yi - Wang Hao, Yan An, Zhou Yu, Hou Yingchao
Shanghai- Wang Liqin, Ko Lai Chak, Shang Kun
CZB- Ma Lin, Hao Shuai, Xu Hui, Chan Kazuhiro
Ningbo Haitian- Ma Long, Mizutani Jun, Wang Jianjun

Ba Yi is coached by Wang Tao, Ningbo by Liu Guodong.

I'd also like to note that Yan An is playing with a butterfly blade that isn't on the market yetShocked. It looks like that new "Zhang Jike blade" someone posted pictures of. 

Edited by liXiao - 06/02/2011 at 10:56am
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:59am
Teams and players in Chinese Super League are:

Zhejiang Nirui Bank Club: Timo BOLL, MA Lin, HAO Shuai, XU Hui, Kazuhiro CHAN
Shandong Luneng Club: ZHANG Jike, JOO Se Hyuk, SONG Hongyuan, FANG Bo, ZHANG Chao
Ningbo Haitian Club: MA Long, Jun MIZUTANI, Kaii YOSHIDA, WU Hao, WANG Jianjun
Bayi RSHI Club: WANG Hao, HOU Yingchao, YAN An, LI Muqiao, ZHOU Yu
Bazhou Hairun Club: XU Xin, LI Ping, CHENG Jingqi, ZHAI Chao, CUI Qinglei
Shanghai Jinzhou Club: WANG Liqin, KO Lai Chak, ZHAI Yiming, SHANG Kun
Jiangsu Super Cable Club: CHEN Qi, KAN Yo, LEI Zhenhua, LIN Chen, JIN Yixiong
Sichuan Changhong Club: QIU Yike, CHEUNG Yuk, ZHU Zhou, XU Ruifeng

from ecl website*
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 11:05am
The japanese are invading the super league it seems. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 11:18am
there are 3 Japanese players and 2 are originally from ChinaLOL

Edited by TTNoobie - 06/02/2011 at 11:18am
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 11:20am
Zhang Jike's and Wang Hao's team look the strongest..
Fang Bo and Yan An is the best in their age group. Fang Bo was ahead of Yan An at one stage, though now Yan An seems to be developing at a faster rate.. Zhang Chao and Zhou Yu is pretty good, while in ZJK's team there is also Joo Se Hyuk..
WLQ's team look pretty hopeless though.. Tongue - only 4 players on his team.. finger crossed his team gets another good player..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 11:38am
Shandong won last year, Hou Yingchao blew 4 championship points against Joo and Joo beat him down in the final game. CZB looks good this year, with Ma Lin, Hao Shuai, Xu Hui, and soon timo boll.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 12:00pm
Ma Long's team is better than Zhang Jike's.
I think Ma Long's and Wang Hao's team will be the best, together with Ma Lin's team.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 12:02pm
Do they have women's "Super League"?
skip3119
xzws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xzws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 12:33pm

yes i used tvuplayer to watch the game today, i just downloaded it and after i installed it, and ran the tvuplayer, all i did was write cctv5 on the box that says "search channels" and the channel came up

rui pedro81 and Tek 101,  Thank you very much for the info.
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Bank of Jinzhou, Ningbo Haitian and Ba Yi are all big companies, and have been around for quite some time, and a result of that always get the best players. pretty much has the same thing, the JTTL, where private companies have teams that compete against each other, and there is an upper and lower league. 

Im sure to qualify you just need to get big wins against some of these teams. 
Thanks for the info.
One last question. Does this mean that the teams (and the Super League itself) are not regional based?
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by xzws xzws wrote:

rui pedro81 and Tek 101,  Thank you very much for the info.

No problem
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Zhang Jike's and Wang Hao's team look the strongest..
Fang Bo and Yan An is the best in their age group. Fang Bo was ahead of Yan An at one stage, though now Yan An seems to be developing at a faster rate.. Zhang Chao and Zhou Yu is pretty good, while in ZJK's team there is also Joo Se Hyuk..
WLQ's team look pretty hopeless though.. Tongue - only 4 players on his team.. finger crossed his team gets another good player..

chao  is way older than yan an,  prolly mid 20's
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 1:53pm
This year there are 8 men's teams and 8 women's teams. The companies don't own them, they are the sponsors and can change from year to year. I think that most of the teams are in fact based in cities or provinces (or universities) and affiliated with the official associations of those regions. 8-1 (Bayi) is the Army.

To get into the Super League, a team has to become the champion of the league below (1-A) and then win a series of matches against the 8th-ranked team of the Super League. But last year none of the 1-A champions managed to do that, so there are no new teams this year, just some name/sponsor changes.

Players are acquired through an auction and then usually stay with that team for a few years at least. Biggest transfer this year concerned Ma Lin and Ma Long, who switched clubs.

As for the Japanese men, there are actually 4 of them (3 of them Chinese-born). There's also Ai Fukuhara again playing for Guangdong (Liu Shiwen's team).

Edited by amateur - 06/02/2011 at 2:02pm
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 1:58pm
Fang Bo is the one in Yan An age group..
Both are very good player.. best of the lot in their age group. Fang Bo defeated Yan An in Word Junior Table Tennis Championship in 2009. But Yan An is the one who has been making waves with his results lately..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

This year there are 8 men's teams and 8 women's teams. The companies don't own them, they are the sponsors and can change from year to year. I think that most of the teams are in fact based in cities or provinces (or universities) and affiliated with the official associations of those regions. 8-1 (Bayi) is the Army.

To get into the Super League, a team has to become the champion of the league below (1-A) and then win a series of matches against the 8th-ranked team of the Super League. But last year none of the 1-A champions managed to do that, so there are no new teams this year, just some name/sponsor changes.

Players are acquired through an auction and then usually stay with that team for a few years at least. Biggest transfer this year concerned Ma Lin and Ma Long, who switched clubs.

As for the Japanese men, there are actually 4 of them (3 of them Chinese-born). There's also Ai Fukuhara again playing for Guangdong (Liu Shiwen's team).

Your description is far more accurate than mine, and makes more sense why Wang Liqin plays for Shanghai and why Zhang Yining played for Beijing, etc. All the Japanese (Chinese) players are doing this with good reason. Kan Yo and Kaii Yoshida are getting older, and the JTTL keeps sidelining them time and time again these days. Kaii stated, after not being picked for the 2008 Olympic team, that he is determined to play in london for 2012, and right now is not far behind Seiya Kishikawa, so it is possible for him to still play (though I think he might already be confirmed as the third player for team play). Also the fact that he wasn't picked for the 2011 singles group is utterly shocking, after he had great results in Moscow beating the likes of Schlager. Kan Yo hasn't competed in the last two WTTCs, which I'm sure has disappointed him greatly since he has pursued excellent fitness fervently. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 5:50pm

Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Your description is far more accurate than mine, and makes more sense why Wang Liqin plays for Shanghai and why Zhang Yining played for Beijing, etc. All the Japanese (Chinese) players are doing this with good reason. Kan Yo and Kaii Yoshida are getting older, and the JTTL keeps sidelining them time and time again these days. Kaii stated, after not being picked for the 2008 Olympic team, that he is determined to play in london for 2012, and right now is not far behind Seiya Kishikawa, so it is possible for him to still play (though I think he might already be confirmed as the third player for team play). Also the fact that he wasn't picked for the 2011 singles group is utterly shocking, after he had great results in Moscow beating the likes of Schlager. Kan Yo hasn't competed in the last two WTTCs, which I'm sure has disappointed him greatly since he has pursued excellent fitness fervently. 

Thanks to you both. It is all much clearer now. Interesting that the bottom team has to fight it out with the 1-A winners. 
AnimeLover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnimeLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 6:59pm

Are the women playing right now as well?  Videos? 

I would like to see the 2 choppers who played in the world cup at Rotterdam. Wu Yang and Fan Ying.
729 V-6
Galaxy Moon FH
Mercury 2 BH
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by AnimeLover AnimeLover wrote:

Are the women playing right now as well?  Videos? 

I would like to see the 2 choppers who played in the world cup at Rotterdam. Wu Yang and Fan Ying.

Yes, both men's and women's matches are on the same day, typically now every Wednesday and Sunday over the next two months with a break in mid-June.

Wu Yang and Fan Ying are again active, and so are Kim Kyung Ah and Joo Se Hyuk.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 7:16pm
I think Ma Lin's team is potentially strongest... if not then Ma Long's team is really strong too- Wu Hao, WJJ, Mizutani, Ma Long, and Kaii Yoshida-Yoshida easily being the weakest player.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 8:21pm
I think Ma Lin's, Zhang Jike's and Wang Hao's look the strongest. Any Chinese player can surprise win over a A team guy and destroy foreign players routinely, I think after the first one or two they have the stronger lineup, but that's just me yammering about people I don't know about.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I think Ma Lin's team is potentially strongest... if not then Ma Long's team is really strong too- Wu Hao, WJJ, Mizutani, Ma Long, and Kaii Yoshida-Yoshida easily being the weakest player.

I think you give Wu Hao and Wang JianJun too much credit. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 9:02pm
Seok Ha Jun is the newest Korean player, although originally from China, to play in the CTTSL,  she's on Liu Shiwen's team along with Fukuhara.

Wonder when Ishikawa Kasumi will play in the CTTSL, maybe next yearEmbarrassed
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

Seok Ha Jun is the newest Korean player, although originally from China, to play in the CTTSL,  she's on Liu Shiwen's team along with Fukuhara.

I think that would be incredibly important for her to evolve as a player. She has pretty much surpassed everyone in Japan, including Fukuhara, who she trounced in the All Japan Championships. She is looking to be on top, and she'll need the experience the CTTSL has to offer. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
AnimeLover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnimeLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

I think that would be incredibly important for her to evolve as a player. She has pretty much surpassed everyone in Japan, including Fukuhara, who she trounced in the All Japan Championships. She is looking to be on top, and she'll need the experience the CTTSL has to offer. 

I thought the Japanese women were going to make some noise in the world championship, but they went down to choppers, and it was ugly if you rooted for Japan.  They have to plug that whole in their game(s).
729 V-6
Galaxy Moon FH
Mercury 2 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic