Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Chinese Super League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 4:15am
When did they start using multiple balls in matches?
Is this a new practice or just a gimmick in the Chinese super league?
Did I miss something?
Petermoo
Sponsored Links

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 4:34am
Originally posted by petermoo petermoo wrote:

Did I miss something?
Petermoo

I believe they started using multiple balls in the last chinese super league. 
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 4:52am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

btwy, zjk's bh crossing is a letal weapon.

Did you saw the last point, Zhang Jike attacked Xu Xin's short service on far forehand side of the table with his backhand making a winner. He did that couple of times when was important. Amazing. He can cover 100% of the table with his backhand when receiving the short serve.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 11:27am
Does anyone have a detailed schedule of the matches and TV schedule? 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Tinykin_2 Tinykin_2 wrote:

I know that these players train for hours each day, but how can anyone practise Zhang's return at 1:28?

what was the score(game)  of the point you re talking to?
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin_2 Tinykin_2 wrote:

I know that these players train for hours each day, but how can anyone practise Zhang's return at 1:28?

what was the score(game)  of the point you re talking to?
1st set. XX leading 3-1. He looped and ZJK blocked with his BH.. XX won the point to make it 4-1
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

btwy, zjk's bh crossing is a letal weapon.

Did you saw the last point, Zhang Jike attacked Xu Xin's short service on far forehand side of the table with his backhand making a winner. He did that couple of times when was important. Amazing. He can cover 100% of the table with his backhand when receiving the short serve.

Sometimes it backfires on him though.  He can receive serves to his FH with his BH because he moves before the ball is served.  Wang Hao used it against him when it was 9-10 in the last set in the past WTTC.  ZJK started moving to his forehand side before the service and WH served a fast one down the line to his backhand, ZJK got aced.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

Originally posted by petermoo petermoo wrote:

Did I miss something?
Petermoo

I believe they started using multiple balls in the last chinese super league. 

It makes sense to me, they do it in tennis and baseball, can you imagine how long  baseball game would be if they searched down every foul ball to keep playing with it? Running around chasing the ball breaks the pace of the game for the watcher and people use it to stall for time.
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2011 at 3:42am
@YouTube ::

FULL match in short form, duration ~13 min, aspect ratio: 16x9, 720p

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2011 at 12:54pm
After seeing the full match in short form between Xu Xin and Zhang Jike I think Xu should have won this match.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2011 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by atin atin wrote:

After seeing the full match in short form between Xu Xin and Zhang Jike I think Xu should have won this match.

why do you say that? It was 1-3..
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2011 at 3:36pm
XX is good, but his tendency to use FH almost exclusively is very phisically demanding..
I really think it will be sometime before we see another great RPB player like Wang Hao, or we may never see one quite like him.. When you watch all the PH players, you have to realize and start to appreciate WH's RPB so much more, he is truly one of a kind..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
patient.bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patient.bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Plus XX choked in game 4 and lost 5 points in a row to lose the match. I think he was outplayed.
Stiga AR NCT + Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm.....and a few others
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2011 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by patient.bird patient.bird wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Plus XX choked in game 4 and lost 5 points in a row to lose the match. I think he was outplayed.
XX does not have killer's instinct.
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 12:54am
Originally posted by ttCrawsaive ttCrawsaive wrote:

The amazing match between Wang Jian Jun and Hao Shuai:

Ma Long pulling a little LGL on Wang Jian Jun @ 4:18. LOL He's got that frown and hand gesture going too.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 2:48am

Zhang Jike won purely on serves and chiquita.

He was clearly not in it during the first two games.  You can see him getting distracted multiple times before service.  Not to mention his forehand kept missing.

But Xu Xin had bigger trouble receiving Zhang Jike's reverse pendulum serve and that kept him at bay.  The side-top-and-side-back-spin variation ruined his day.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 4:56am
Yikes! Tempers flare at the end of the second game b/w Xu Xin and Ma Long.  When was the last time you see such a beautiful trajectory left behind by a paddle doing a frisbee stunt.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 5:06am
What happened?
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
SuperFX View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 8:16am
Seems like Ma long is using a new blade. (Not the Timo Boll alz)

It really looks like the DHS HURRICANE LONG!!!

Yinhe/galaxy/milkyway mc-2
H3 PRO 20# 39 deg permtuned
Haifu Shark II Factorytuned 2.2 -36
LowLevelPlayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LowLevelPlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 11:45am
where is the match Ma Long - Xu xin? I couldn't find it on Youtube? Thanks
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Zhang Jike won purely on serves and chiquita.

He was clearly not in it during the first two games.  You can see him getting distracted multiple times before service.  Not to mention his forehand kept missing.

But Xu Xin had bigger trouble receiving Zhang Jike's reverse pendulum serve and that kept him at bay.  The side-top-and-side-back-spin variation ruined his day.

obviously you dislike zjk,if he won  only serving and doing chiquita then  that points shoudl be a let, no matter what you say , he rocks..the world agrees

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

If only we didn't have all those stupid deceptive spins - how beautiful would the table tennis be!... and boring.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
gnome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 3:17pm
But ZJK serves and backhand receive are a big part of his game, so it isn't as if he cheated, or was cheap.  I think total points was like 40-38 for ZJK and in most of the games ZJK won the majority of the points in the second half, coming from behind.  So he either played well, by altering his serves using backhand more confidently, in the end points or XX made more errors in the big points.

Anyone think that it looks like ZJK has a set play when it's a tight game?  He likes to receive bh from the fh side then use bh from the bh side off the bounce diagonally to the corner.  He did it with Boll at WTTC and Mizutani at the World Cup.

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by PongPong PongPong wrote:

XX does not have killer's instinct.

Tell that to Timo Boll LOL
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 3:31pm
ZJK is now 8-0 for the season, he's on a roll and must be feeling invincible. Last year already he had the best record in the league.

Ma Long 6-1, Wang Hao 5-1, Xu Xin 6-2, Hao Shuai 3-1, Yan An 3-1:
http://stat.cttsl.sports.cn/showinfo/playerrankpart.jsp?season=2011

Ma Long's loss was to Xu Ruifeng!

Edited by amateur - 06/08/2011 at 3:36pm
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

Originally posted by ttCrawsaive ttCrawsaive wrote:

The amazing match between Wang Jian Jun and Hao Shuai:

Ma Long pulling a little LGL on Wang Jian Jun @ 4:18. LOL He's got that frown and hand gesture going too.

hahaha, Clap  
So true! LOL
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 5:28pm
where is the footage for all these matches?
patient.bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patient.bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by LowLevelPlayer LowLevelPlayer wrote:

where is the match Ma Long - Xu xin? I couldn't find it on Youtube? Thanks

+100 - can anybody provide the link pleaaasse ?
Stiga AR NCT + Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm.....and a few others
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 9:47pm
beeray, patient.bird, I checked CNTV (CCTV uploads all their videos) as well as Bokett, and they haven't uploading anything since Ma Lin and Ma Long played 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 10:31pm
CTTSL site also has full game matchs,  must be viewed with IE  and the scores are in the title of each team match which is really annoying!

http://cttsl.sports.cn/newscenter/video/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic