Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Pro Tour Korea Open video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 6:13am
Ovtcharov is back on top. I think he could have chance against Chinese as well, so in the Olympics it will be Dima && Timo || Zhang && Wang :)
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Sponsored Links

Vassily View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by lifewire lifewire wrote:

I'm so excited for Lin Gaoyuan.

In the Chinese open, Korea sent lee sang su and another junior player to defeat Xu Xin and Zhang Jike.

Now it's China's turn to send their two youngsters to try and take the competition. I think the most exciting match should be between the two youngsters to see which country has more talented youth.

I think China's great advantage is that because of the research money and brains put into TT, they have the best program (Chinese national team) at the top-5 world level, and appear to have cracked the magic formula (i.e. have the highest level of coaching available). Most of the other countries dont have a production line like that. Once in a while the other countries get lucky and make a great player, but it seems they cant really reproduce it with the coaching, so its either the player is somehow super talented, or the coach who is coaching "in the dark" (having never coached a world top 5 player before) managed to make the correct decisions, most likely you need both.

So at the junior levels, the other countries can still compete with them, suggesting that the raw material isnt tooo different, but then at senior level, the chinese pull away. So either the chinese have a better program "at the pointy end" as I have suggested, or maybe the chinese have some sort of 20 year training program which completes their player at around 20 when they start to seriously consistently kick-ass.

Its one thing to hit a purple patch/use a novel serve and win a pro tour/world champs/whatever tournament, its another to consistently win ALL THE TIME, doing basically THE SAME THING, playing the same style as 95% of people, and WINNING BECAUSE YOU ARE SIMPLY BETTER.

This situation seems to have gotten worse since LGL got into power. None of the other countries have a TT genius coach so good he got banned by the ITTF, backed by an army of coaches etc and a history of accumulated TT wisdom. In LGL's time (and even a few years before) only Boll has really been in the game, the rest only win with gimmicks (eg mizutani serve), or some unreal superfast running which lasted approximately 3 months (RSM), or Schlager's happy conicidence of risky playstyle+purple patch+maybe Joo?. Note that none of these guys really dominated table tennis for extended periods a la WLQ (or probably Ma Lin if WLQ did not exist).

Edited by Vassily - 07/03/2011 at 8:06am
Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 8:12am
ovctharov's bh game has improved to a consistent powerful bh with variation.

that brings the same advantages zjk has got with his bh.

it allows him to stand more centered and he does not need demanding dynamics.

he is 22 years old.

i see him quite solid to be on top. with a strong mental and precise game he is going to be a tough player to be beaten in the future. not so shape depending as some other players like xu xin.

he can go to be another timo boll consistent player with even more resources and variation.

i like ovchtarov technique development more than boll's one. He beat joo see hyuk in a very convincing way.

his technique is getting high level playing.

from rotterdam where he lost in 1/16rd to t.boll 4-2, he has improved a lot. his strokes are better now. 

Edited by ejmaster - 07/03/2011 at 8:34am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
lifewire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifewire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 9:27am
Vassily,

I agree with you. It is probably a combination of both the training program and superior coaching at the higher end.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Ovtcharov is back on top. I think he could have chance against Chinese as well, so in the Olympics it will be Dima && Timo || Zhang && Wang :)

Which one of the Wangs?
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 10:17am
Does anyone know if Adrian Mattenet is playing?
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 10:48am
somebody please upload videos from the semis and finals
mudr.nudl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudr.nudl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 11:04am

Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

Clap

GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 12:08pm
Semifinals and Final made by TTProvider.

Final
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Lee Sang Su

Semifinals
Lee Sang Su vs Lin Gaoyuan
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Cho Eon Rae

mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 12:37pm
thanks geca you're the best! the slow motions sound creepy though lol. but stll, you're great
Showtek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Showtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

Nope, here's the list of players.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Vassily Vassily wrote:

Originally posted by lifewire lifewire wrote:

I'm so excited for Lin Gaoyuan.

In the Chinese open, Korea sent lee sang su and another junior player to defeat Xu Xin and Zhang Jike.

Now it's China's turn to send their two youngsters to try and take the competition. I think the most exciting match should be between the two youngsters to see which country has more talented youth.

I think China's great advantage is that because of the research money and brains put into TT, they have the best program (Chinese national team) at the top-5 world level, and appear to have cracked the magic formula (i.e. have the highest level of coaching available). Most of the other countries dont have a production line like that. Once in a while the other countries get lucky and make a great player, but it seems they cant really reproduce it with the coaching, so its either the player is somehow super talented, or the coach who is coaching "in the dark" (having never coached a world top 5 player before) managed to make the correct decisions, most likely you need both.

So at the junior levels, the other countries can still compete with them, suggesting that the raw material isnt tooo different, but then at senior level, the chinese pull away. So either the chinese have a better program "at the pointy end" as I have suggested, or maybe the chinese have some sort of 20 year training program which completes their player at around 20 when they start to seriously consistently kick-ass.

Its one thing to hit a purple patch/use a novel serve and win a pro tour/world champs/whatever tournament, its another to consistently win ALL THE TIME, doing basically THE SAME THING, playing the same style as 95% of people, and WINNING BECAUSE YOU ARE SIMPLY BETTER.

This situation seems to have gotten worse since LGL got into power. None of the other countries have a TT genius coach so good he got banned by the ITTF, backed by an army of coaches etc and a history of accumulated TT wisdom. In LGL's time (and even a few years before) only Boll has really been in the game, the rest only win with gimmicks (eg mizutani serve), or some unreal superfast running which lasted approximately 3 months (RSM), or Schlager's happy conicidence of risky playstyle+purple patch+maybe Joo?. Note that none of these guys really dominated table tennis for extended periods a la WLQ (or probably Ma Lin if WLQ did not exist).

the koreans never knew lee could beat xu
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 5:24pm
well at the end of the day- the young korean players are backing up their reputations as being the next chinese threat. They are all very talented. Especially Lee Sang Su- who we just keep seeing in deep tournament runs. These guys are legit, and I really do believe they will be going head to head with the chinese in the next 5 years or so.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

well at the end of the day- the young korean players are backing up their reputations as being the next chinese threat. They are all very talented. Especially Lee Sang Su- who we just keep seeing in deep tournament runs. These guys are legit, and I really do believe they will be going head to head with the chinese in the next 5 years or so.

every once in a while the koreans beat a top chinese player and they say "chinese threat..2  same i heard about lim yae hyung, han ji min  4 years ago and they fade away..just flash in the pan
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2011 at 2:18am
whats a purple patch?
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2011 at 4:38am
Wow! Tons of excellent matches, great rallies, those young guys are fast and furious... Any HQ vid?
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2011 at 1:08pm
It'd be awesome if somebody could find a way to get some clear slo-mo footage of Lee Sang Su's serve. That thing is about as perplexing as any pro serve I've seen before, and judging by how many return errors he causes, it's just as perplexing to his opponents as well. 
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 5:32pm
Guys! Nobody uploaded full videos? too bad... maybe I will when I have time or perhaps someone will do at least finals and semis
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by ztec ztec wrote:

It'd be awesome if somebody could find a way to get some clear slo-mo footage of Lee Sang Su's serve. That thing is about as perplexing as any pro serve I've seen before, and judging by how many return errors he causes, it's just as perplexing to his opponents as well. 

Most of the pro serves are pretty perplexing, Lee's service, while different, isn't any more perplexing IMO.  If you watch the Lee vs. Ma Long game in the China Open, Ma Long handled his services just fine after the first few points.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
pengyezhi View Drop Down

Replica Watch Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pengyezhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2011 at 1:09am
Why not just switch to Loestrin 24?

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2011 at 1:12am

it might help if you use a cotton based applicator instead of a watermelon one. Friction burns don't just go away on their own, Johnny.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2011 at 11:06am
holy smokes you satirized the snot out of him.

beeray, i don't remember laughing this hard in the forum, so after I did cleanup of his 10 spams, i left this one (with some modification to the spam bots signature to remove his adds.), because your post just owns.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2011 at 2:02pm
haha
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2011 at 11:09pm
what IS a purple patch?
Vassily View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2011 at 12:10am

Purple patch is the same as "on fire", i.e. playing unusually well for a period of time.

Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm
neurogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neurogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2011 at 12:13am
Hey dragon Kid! Where do you play? Mongold uu? Do you know where people play in Mongolia? 
You give me PVCs...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic