Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TSP Balsa Fitter 6.5, 5.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP Balsa Fitter 6.5, 5.5
    Posted: 07/11/2011 at 6:53am
I just got these two beauties. Cant wait to try them out on wednesday. Will let you know what it felt like. 

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
FH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
BH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 8:30am
Those look great!

TSP looks like classic Japanese Quality.

Be sure to post your feedback in this thread once you've had a chance to play with them.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 10:18am
will let you know soon 
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 4:08am
Right... Im after 2 hours of playing tsp blasa fitter 6.5 and... Jeeesus Christ it is stiff and fast... Compare to my Donic Waldner Senso Carbon V1 that gives you beautiful feedback I really didnt feel anything when hitting the ball with tsp. Very little feedback. I actually barely felt the ball when hitting. 
Looping: Forehand: didnt like it. Lack of feedback from the blade. Like playing with a brick.
               Backhand: beautiful :) Because I tend to lift the ball high on my backhand when looping                                     my backhand loops were beautiful this time. The blade kept it down. It was                                       much easier to play sharper and lower shots instead of unwanted high arcs i                                     manage to get with my donic blade :) But it mostly is my technique i suppose                                     Anyway Thats why..... 
Blocking: is also good coz it has a low throw but 6.5 even with a low throw is still very sharp and                    hard to control even when blocking hmmm
Ive 5.5 left to try so I'll let you know it that was any better Im expecting to feel the ball better so fingers crossed Looking forward to it. 
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 6:57am
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 7:22am
ttrastott, they are a good series of blade as you go less and less thickness they flex more and more. The 4.5 is a good speed blade for most intermediate players with modern rubber, the 6.5 is very good with untuned Chinese rubber like H2. I haven't used the 5.5 but I've always expected it to be the best one for a good offensive player. You will get used to not feeling the ball to the point that you wont like a normal wood blade any more, oh the best thing about those TSP blades is that you can use very heavy rubbers and still have a light combo that doesn't hurt you or slow you down during very long tournaments
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2011 at 7:43am
yeah I think there is something nice about this blade, thats why im looking forward to play with 5.5 I just need to find the "nice" :) One thing thats very good about this blade is its large sweet spot but im hoping to find a bit more So far im not convinced but i sure will give it some more time to show me what its got :)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 6:27am
Those blades look good! They must have changed the graphics recently, as the earlier ones looked quite different. Quite a nice improvement actually, although once you put the rubber on you you won't see much difference LOL
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 7:24am
They did change :) And yeah they play the same as the old ones 
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 7:28am
i will probably be selling the 6.5 one but before i sell it here i talk to my friend coz he plays the same blade but his one is falling apart hehe
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 11:04am
6.5 or 5.5 are the overall thickness of these 2 blades or just the thickness of the Balsa layers? The handles look like plastics. Very nice quality blades.
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 11:13am
its just the balsa layer itself :) Yeah they are nice indeed One thing thats not very well thought out is actually its handle Its nice and comfy dont get me wrong but i only played with the blade once so far and the handle got dirty You can see my finger prints on it Friend of mine has the same blade and the handle is disgusting, im afraid of touching it. Picks up dust and dirt very easy... 
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 2:58pm
The handles are some kind of light weight resin, in my experience they get only very slightly stained and never get any worse, much less than a wooden handle. several people in my club have these with more than 10 years on them. The speed 3.5 4.5 5.5 6.5 etc is the centre ply in mm. 4.5 is allround or all+, they are popular blades in Europe where they are made
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 3:57pm
yeah its just the way the handle is when the blade is brand new. Nice and clean, very bright colour and after couple of hours of playing you can see the dirt much better than on a wooden blade. 
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 6:24pm
Anyone still using a TSP balsa 6.5, 8.5 or 5.5?
If so what fh rubber are you using?
I have tried tenergy 05fx, hurricane 3 neo and el-s
wonder if a less bouncy older type of rubber might be better?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Although I've not tried it on these blade, you're quite right in that usually the traditional type rubbers work much better on these blades. If you're going to use a modern rubber, the firmer ones tend to work better, and a thinner sponge helps reduce the bounciness.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 7:29pm
I already told you (in another thread) that the best rubbers for this blade are harder and slower rubbers.
And I also told you the best ones on this blade are regular H2 and Skyline 3-60. (I tested about a dozen)
But PF4 new / 40+ is also good, not as demanding as H2 and still way better than H3 on this blade.

Come back when you tried one of these.

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 3:27am
Hozuki I don't want to use Chinese rubbers on it, I want something I can drive with as I get a lot of smashable balls and I struggle to drive with Chinese rubbers for obvious reasons.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 3:29am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Although I've not tried it on these blade, you're quite right in that usually the traditional type rubbers work much better on these blades. If you're going to use a modern rubber, the firmer ones tend to work better, and a thinner sponge helps reduce the bounciness.

cheers Haggis

last night I put some mendo mp on it as there was a sheet lying around it felt too flat, but it was good for blocking and serves and controllable, whether it would be fast enough I am not sure. I wondered about trying a good old school rubber like mark v or something
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 7:58am
HaggisV

do you know of any balsa blades that would be similar to the TSP balsa but with more weight. I do not like light blades and would prefer something around 80 to 90 gramees
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 8:22am

Hozuki I don't want to use Chinese rubbers on it, I want something I can drive with as I get a lot of smashable balls and I struggle to drive with Chinese rubbers for obvious reasons.

try Fastarc S-1
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 7:23pm
Oh, ok. Then you should try some medium sponge (42-45) classic rubbers. But 3-60 plays a lot like one and is also good for driving.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 8:04pm
ok hozuki. I might try that. I used joola mambo h tonight but it is just too slow and flat, although it was easy to use and control

but I might give skyline 3-60 a go. I guess it is tacky rather than sticky
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 4:08pm
My red sheet is completely untacky out of the box. I gave the setup to our defender who never used chinese rubbers, and he likes it as it supports his blocks and drives and favors his flat hit finish.
In essence, the rubber reinforces the blade's positive aspects. You can choose soft or medium, both should be fine. I would probably take medium for FH and soft on BH.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 5:30am
My usual blade(s) Halmark Carbon Extreme isnt much different than the 6.5 I guess and recently I find myself playing mostly with TG3NEO slightly boosted.Very speedy combination with an amazing drive, block,excellent serve and medium throw....and most important-it seems to be be very deceptive for my opponents.With this rubber I win more matches than with mine (oldish)T64, Rakza X, Vega Japan, Baracuda,Mantra H , all of those glued on my four blades for testing purposes
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 8:43am
I am going back to my Infinity, just need a decent fh too much. My lp are not that bad on the Infinity anyway.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 5:01pm
hozuki, I have just tried a tsp balsa 5.5 still bouncy what about dhs pf4 the new one that should take some of the spring away, would you agree
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic