FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku GALZE: The Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku GALZE: The Review
    Posted: 07/18/2011 at 8:34pm
So this review is long overdue..apologies to those who've been calling me out and sending me PM's regarding the performance of the rubber. Hopefully, this review would do justice haha.

Just a quick backgrounder, I decided to give this rubber since it was rumored (unless confirmed) that it's manufactured in the same factory as the Tenergies. Not that I was looking for a Tenergy alternative, and neither was i hoping to experience a Tenergy-like performance from the Rubber, instead I was merely wanting to see if this was a rubber that had distinct qualities that would make it stand on its own.

So went ahead and bought the rubber from Rakuten for Y3220, roughly US$40.  For comparison, I will compare it together with T05 2.1 and Stiga Calibra LT Max...so on to the review...

Setup:
Red 2.1 Galze
Blk 2.0 Tin Arc
BTY MJ ST Blade

Appearance: if this rubber was indeed manufactured by the same factory where Tenergy's are produced, then I will have to say yes.  the Rubber's surface texture and appearance is very Tenergy-like.  The Sponge is porous, but the holes are not as large as Tenergy's...think about Roundell-sized pores.

Rubber Weight: Was not able to weigh the rubber cut/uncut, but on the same setup, it's definitely lighter than T05 and slightly heavier than the Calibra LT.  Light-to-Heavy: Calibra LT Max>Galze>>>T05

Speed: The Galze is a fast Rubber, but has a lot better control than T05 and Calibra.  If you're a player who loves a fast rubber with an element of control, this rubber would be another suggestion from thousands out there.  From my own personal Scale: T05=9, Calibra=9.3, Galze=8.8.

Spin: The Galze would be the least spinny of the 3.  The spin generated by the rubber is a bit of a dissapointment for me and even my 5month old Calibra on the same blade played for about 5hours a week, is spinnier than the Galze.  To provide justice to the rubber and remain objective, the rubber still awesome in its spin play, but given its price point - one would think it should perform better.  Personal Scale: T05=9.5, Calibra=9.1, Galze=8.9

Bounciness & Trajectory: The Galze is definitely the least bouncy of the 3, but it's not at all a disadvantage.  The Galze is more attuned and representative of what your Blade's speed is.  The Galze offers a lot more linear trajectory and play than the T05, which in my opinion has an element of unpredictability due to its bounciness.  Still, the Galze would be a tad less bouncy than the Calibra.  Depending on how one would view it, the Galze's lesser bounce and more predictable trajectory can either be good or undesirable.  My opinion leans towards the former.

Durability: The Calibra still tops any of the more recently manufactured rubbers out there in this department, and I would opine that the Galze is equal to T05's "durability" or lack of it.  After a week's play, I had a small tear on the side of the sheet when I accidentaly (and ever so slightly) hit the rubber on the edge of the table off a counterblock.  Personal Scale: Calibra=10, T05 & Galze=8.9

Overall, the rubber is another decent outing by Nittaku but hardly something to write/email your TT friends about. If it was $10 cheaper or priced along with other Mainstream ESN's, the rubber would probably be more saleable IMO.

Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 9:33pm
Thank you for your thoughtful review, pablogilberto.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 10:40pm
Thnx! Really, too expensive for controllable allround offensive rubber.
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 11:14pm
Thanks for the detailed review pablogilberto!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 1:45am
pablogilberto, thank you for review!  Since you have Tin Arc, could you please compare it with Galze as well?

Edited by stefashka - 07/19/2011 at 1:46am
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 1:58am
nice review bro!
Pingpong-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingpong-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:35am

Wood: selfmade construction
FH: XIOM Vega Pro max
BH: Meteor 835 1.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingpong-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:37am
Thanks for this really helpful review. I have to admit thzough that I'm a bit disappointed by the Galze. I would have expected more from this rubber.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:41am
How is the throw comparison?
Is T05>Glaze>Calibra LT?
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:46am
Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

pablogilberto, thank you for review!  Since you have Tin Arc, could you please compare it with Galze as well?

They're 2 different rubbers from different spectrums, imo.  I find the Tin Arc's bounce slower but it's spinnier no doubt. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Pingpong-Pete Pingpong-Pete wrote:

Thanks for this really helpful review. I have to admit thzough that I'm a bit disappointed by the Galze. I would have expected more from this rubber.

Pete, the best feedback on any equipment is your own.  I would suggest you try it and form your own impressions...don't let my somewhat less than stellar review of the rubber completely influence you.  Smile
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:53am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

How is the throw comparison?
Is T05>Glaze>Calibra LT?

The Galze can actually hold its own when it comes to mid and long distance play.  Counterattacks at from at least 3-5meters away from the table are still a joy for the Galze and it does not take a lot of effort to put the ball back to your opponent's table.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingpong-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 3:16am
You're probably right there, Pablogilberto. But I think the spin category is not that subjective and hence if it's harder for you to generate spin with the Galze, I think it will be harder for me, too. And that makes me doubt if it's wise to invest 30 Euros into a rubber that doesn't sound too promising to me.
The Galze obviously doesn't seem to be my Tenergy substitute, the next rubber I set my hopes in is the Cornilleau Pulse Racer.

nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2011 at 4:16am

The weight is same as T25FX .After cut to Innerforce ULC  the weight is 46g

Edited by nittakuball - 07/20/2011 at 4:17am
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 1:36am
Originally posted by pablogilberto pablogilberto wrote:

So this review is long overdue..apologies to those who've been calling me out and sending me PM's regarding the performance of the rubber. Hopefully, this review would do justice haha.

Just a quick backgrounder, I decided to give this rubber since it was rumored (unless confirmed) that it's manufactured in the same factory as the Tenergies. Not that I was looking for a Tenergy alternative, and neither was i hoping to experience a Tenergy-like performance from the Rubber, instead I was merely wanting to see if this was a rubber that had distinct qualities that would make it stand on its own.

So went ahead and bought the rubber from Rakuten for Y3220, roughly US$40.  For comparison, I will compare it together with T05 2.1 and Stiga Calibra LT Max...so on to the review...

Setup:
Red 2.1 Galze
Blk 2.0 Tin Arc
BTY MJ ST Blade

Appearance: if this rubber was indeed manufactured by the same factory where Tenergy's are produced, then I will have to say yes.  the Rubber's surface texture and appearance is very Tenergy-like.  The Sponge is porous, but the holes are not as large as Tenergy's...think about Roundell-sized pores.

Rubber Weight: Was not able to weigh the rubber cut/uncut, but on the same setup, it's definitely lighter than T05 and slightly heavier than the Calibra LT.  Light-to-Heavy: Calibra LT Max>Galze>>>T05

Speed: The Galze is a fast Rubber, but has a lot better control than T05 and Calibra.  If you're a player who loves a fast rubber with an element of control, this rubber would be another suggestion from thousands out there.  From my own personal Scale: T05=9, Calibra=9.3, Galze=8.8.

Spin: The Galze would be the least spinny of the 3.  The spin generated by the rubber is a bit of a dissapointment for me and even my 5month old Calibra on the same blade played for about 5hours a week, is spinnier than the Galze.  To provide justice to the rubber and remain objective, the rubber still awesome in its spin play, but given its price point - one would think it should perform better.  Personal Scale: T05=9.5, Calibra=9.1, Galze=8.9

Bounciness & Trajectory: The Galze is definitely the least bouncy of the 3, but it's not at all a disadvantage.  The Galze is more attuned and representative of what your Blade's speed is.  The Galze offers a lot more linear trajectory and play than the T05, which in my opinion has an element of unpredictability due to its bounciness.  Still, the Galze would be a tad less bouncy than the Calibra.  Depending on how one would view it, the Galze's lesser bounce and more predictable trajectory can either be good or undesirable.  My opinion leans towards the former.

Durability: The Calibra still tops any of the more recently manufactured rubbers out there in this department, and I would opine that the Galze is equal to T05's "durability" or lack of it.  After a week's play, I had a small tear on the side of the sheet when I accidentaly (and ever so slightly) hit the rubber on the edge of the table off a counterblock.  Personal Scale: Calibra=10, T05 & Galze=8.9

Overall, the rubber is another decent outing by Nittaku but hardly something to write/email your TT friends about. If it was $10 cheaper or priced along with other Mainstream ESN's, the rubber would probably be more saleable IMO.

I tend to agree on the reviewer as far as Control , Weight , Trajectory as well as Speed however on Spin i would beg to differ as this specific rubber has the grippiest top sheet than anything i have see in the market for a long time . The sponge density is also a medium hard and if you have couple it with a nice ALC kind of blade this would be great on FH for controlled loop / drive / Counter loop game with great serves and predictable receives . 

I just like the way i can grab the ball with this rubber on my blade and put it where i want , but it could again depend on my blade dwell as well , but in comparison to T05 i can say for sure i couldn't do that with T05 as effectively as Galze. 

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic