FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rakza 7 - Compared with Tenergy, NEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rakza 7 - Compared with Tenergy, NEO
    Posted: 07/21/2011 at 6:41pm
Rakza 7 - debraj's Review

Still unsettled with my FH rubber, and still without a date for release of Vega China, i had been trying different options for upcoming tournament. 

The rubbers i recently tried for FH are:
Globe 999 (sponge PO tuned), globe 999 national (sponge PO tuned), H3 Neo, Thors, Tenergy 05 (light topsheet PO to restore grip), Yinhe Mercury 2, Acuda s1 (light topsheet PO to restore grip), Rakza 7 (light topsheet PO to restore grip). PO=paraffin oil

This time i tried all of them on 729 F1, with Thors as BH rubber, and made sure the weight of the set-up is always 178-181gm.

I gave each set-up at least 2-3 weeks of club play to adjust. Thors, 999, tenergy, acuda s1, got even more time.

I figured for the time being i will stick with the Rakza 7 option. Its a very good rubber for skilled aggressive players who like to dominate spin game, by overpowering opponent's spin. 

Low impact speed (bounciness)
Tenergy 05> palio Thors (used) > Acuda s1> M2> Rakza 7> palio thors (new) > H3 Neo > 999 Nat > 999

High impact speed (power)
 Acuda s1> Thors = Rakza 7> 999 National > H3 Neo > M2 > 999

Ease of generating spin  ( slow strokes) 
in general tacky rubbers were easy to generate spin by brush, tenergy and rakza 7 was easy to generate spin by brush and sponge, and acuda and m2 needed sponge to generate spin

Intensity of Spin
Uptill slow / medium stokes T05 generated more spin than anybody in group, followed by THors, rakza, h3 NEo, 999Nat , m2. On high speed strokes spin rating was Thors>999 national, rakza 7, acuda s1> h3Neo/999.

Short game suitability: in reverse order of bounciness

serves: inferior to the tacky rubbers, but better than the grippy ones... same range as tenergy.

serve return: Amazing easy for a rubber with such high surface grip. 

Pushes:better than Tenergy due to harder sponge, the ball keeps low. greater accuracy in placing the ball, and much much much better drop shots than tenergy. of course H3Neo or 999 are even better than rakza on this.

Loops: Tenergy 05 has a marginal advantage on lifting low balls, not something that you can't adjust to. But Rakza 7 is SPINNIER (yes you are hearing it right) than T05 on faster loops and loop drives. I constantly found my partner having trouble blocking the rakza powerloops, and tenergy slow loops. in powerloops tenergy bottoms out, and doesn't provide that much spin, as Rakza. in slow loops tenergy allows for slower hand movement, and hence easier to play with. In loop-loop rallies, while tenergy is very good, rakza provide much more power and is almost as forgiving as tenergy 05. It is way more forgiving than H3NEo or 999T national, and don't talk about thors.. it's not at all forgiving in loop-loop rally.

Opening Loops: surprisingly I find it easier to open loops with Rakza over the table, the sponge being hard it provides a more predictable trajectory in greater number of shots. Tenergy is also good in this department, but Rakza is almost close to 999 National and H3 NEo in this department. 

Drives and flat hits: Rakza being much faster than Tenergy excells in these 2 departments. it is very easy to put away balls that bounceabove the net by driving or hitting flat. compared to Tenergy 05 rakza feels like cheating when hitting. the only rubber which provides that kind of comfort in hits is Acuda s1... all others are inferior. 

Blocks: Rakza is superior to Tenergy 05... but so is any rubber.I would day tenergy and Palio thors are sometimes a little challenge on out-of -position blocks... and all others mentioned here are very good.

Proximity to table: rakza 7 opens loop well close to table, but it will force you to take a step back and counterloop from mid distance. H3 NEO and Tenergy are very versatile here, while 999T national has very low through which creates a little problem at times.

Decisive speed-spin on loop kill / drives:
in order of decisiveness 
Palio Thors > 999 National > Rakza 7 =  Tenergy 25 > Acuda s1> Tenergy 05 > H3 Neo> 999
Nothing compares with Thors in delivering the lethal blow when opportunity is right, but Rakza and Tenergy 25 are close.

yes i managed to beat some good players recently and planning to sty with Rakza 7 till Nov. However i also should mention, i was thoroughly unimpressed with Rakza 7 when i first played with it. it had some non-linearity... but now that's gone... and it looks like a durable rubber to me.  i will have to find that post and change it.

Those looking for Tenergy substitute, there's no substitute.. but Rakza 7 can perform everything what you expect from tenergy, more or less as proficiently.. sometimes even better.

Edited by debraj - 07/22/2011 at 5:39pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 7:48pm
Thanks for the review.

I've played Rakza7 only a few hours and was impressed by its spin abilities. I sold it because I found it a little too springy. In retrospect I guess that I've played the rubber on the wrong blade (Hinotec Off-, very bouncy) and gave him not enough time to prove itself.
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 7:58pm
zzz... i did the same thing with rakza 7, and had been very unfair to it. i had tested it on a fast thick blade, and without giving it time to break in. so no wonder i found it non-linear earlier...now i don't find any non-linearity.
vid1
Vid 2
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 8:51pm

Would you say this is bouncier than Xiom Vega Euro?

Edited by mon22 - 07/21/2011 at 10:00pm
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 1:02am
most reviews i heard said tenergy was faster than rakza, by maybe a little bit. did you compare on the same blades?
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 1:07am
Hey debraj, nice review. Rakza7 is indeed a very good rubber.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 1:39am
Damn, I've sold about new Rakza two days ago. I should cancel a deal and thus lose my reputation forever. But reading this review, the rubber does worth it  :)
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 1:48am
If you put any of the modern tensors on a slow blade and T05 on the same slow blade you can see that the tensors are faster. Most people use T05 on one of the Butterfly composite blade which are very fast blades and "too" fast a blade for most tensors. The tensors are fantastic on slower blades with flex and a medium or hard outerply

Edited by bluebucket - 07/22/2011 at 1:48am
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 7:20am
mon22:

no. xve is bouncier on slow shots.
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 7:24am
idk:

yes tested on same blade... and ensured that the set up has same weight.

r7 is very distinctly, noticeably faster than t05. i'm positive...
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 4:34pm
just ordered a red one.. hopefully its not less grippy than the black. anybody any experience?
vid1
Vid 2
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 9:39pm
how much is rakza 7 compared to tenergy 05? rakza 7 is yasaka right?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2011 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

how much is rakza 7 compared to tenergy 05? rakza 7 is yasaka right?

Yes it is yasaka. Price is 44$ compared to tenergy's 73. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2011 at 12:06am
I think Rakza 7 is a deal compared to T05 but Rakza 7 isn't as spinny as T05. Right now I have a Samsonov Alpha with Rakza 7 1.8 mm and 802-40 1.8mm and a TBS with T05 and 802-40 1.8mm.

I see little difference in blocking or speed.  The short game is definitely better with the 1.8mm Rakza 7 for me which is why I play mostly with the Rakza 7 1.8mm.

I don't think Rakza 7 is better than T05.  Rakza 7 is simply better for me and the way I play now.  I am not a big looper.   Basically I block and flat hit and play the short game.  Looping is something I do once or maybe twice a rally. Soon I will mount one of the othe Rakza 7 soft rubbers I have on one of my other Samsonov Alpha paddles for a better comparison.    
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2011 at 2:20pm
T05 feels crisp when driving the ball. Rakza 7 feels a bit more directional with a sense of controlled flight. Both are great rubbers. I believe Yasaka was struggling with it's sales of Mark V HPS so Rakza 7 to the rescue. And of course the quality of the topsheet is supreme. Rakza 7 1.8 is the perfect thickness.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2011 at 4:49am
How is Rakza compared to Blit'z?
I'm especially interested in spin and hardness. Also, does it bottom out in 2.0?
Thanks.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2011 at 5:12am
no rubber is as spinny as tenergy in mid range. 

but as you loop faster, tenergy bottoms out and the trajectory flattens. the spin doesn't increase any more. with h3 Neo, Rakza, 999T and other high grip hard sponged rubbers, it keeps on giving and spin keeps on increasing. this is my opinion.

on whether rakza will bottom out... probably eventually, but not very easily. 

blitz is spin deficient... even though its more than PME 42.5... and close to pme 47.5.  

also blitz topsheet drys out after a while, and the throw angle flattens. rakza topsheet is more durable. 

blitz feels better.. like all thin elastic topsheets made with very low natural rubber content. rakza seems more pro rubber than blitz. less feeling, more teeth, more stability and linearity... and also much more spin.

vid1
Vid 2
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2011 at 5:20am
Good for backhand? :)
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

ttennis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttennis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2011 at 10:05am
@debraj,
great review!

What will be an ideal blade to utilize all the qualities of Yasaka Rakza-7 i-e (ALL+, OFF-, OFF)
Butterfly Primorac (OFF-)
FH:Yasaka Mark-V (max)
BH:Butterfly Flextra (1.5)
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2011 at 10:57pm
My Rakza 7 1.8mm that I have currently on my FH bottoms out when I flat hit.   When I loop and contact the ball at 45 degrees the Rakza 7 1.8mm doesn't bottom out.  Think about it.  When the paddle is angled the path of the ball does NOT directly compress the rubber  The rubber is effectively 1.4 times, or the 1/cos(45 deg), thicker because the rubber is compressed at an angle.   A lot of the balls energy stretches the rubber across the paddle and when that rubber springs back it adds extra spin to the ball. However, Rakza  7 1.8mm doesn't have as much of this spring action like T05 does.

Originally posted by ttennis1 ttennis1 wrote:

What will be an ideal blade to utilize all the qualities of Yasaka Rakza-7 i-e (ALL+, OFF-, OFF)

Rakza 7 works well on my Samsonov Alpha which is ALL+.  I have excellent control and as much speed as I need for my short game.   

Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

1.8mm Rakza 7 is good for BH.  I haven't tried it in a game but I have turned my paddle over and used my FH rubber on my BH against a robot and it works well.   I don't see why not as I am using Rakza 7 1.8mm on my FH now.  It is definitely fast enough and very controllable.

My opponents tell me that the loops I hit with T05 jump out at them noticeably more that with the Rakza 7 or the SST Pro Team that I also use.   I can see it in their reactions too. I said before that I don't loop much but I do like to heavy loop an occasional ball with lots of top spin just to spin the ball high off the opponents paddle.  I do this to back them up.  I can accomplish this much EASIER with T05.  I can still do it with Rakza or SST Pro Team but it takes more effort.

Rakza is good but I don't think it is as good a deal as Red Diamond.  I haven't done a serious comparison with my H2 Neo or one of my other FH favorites, Apollo, yet either.  I have only compared H2 Neo to Mark V and I think H2 Neo is better than Mark V.  I do believe Rakza 7 is worth the difference in price between it and Mark V.  I think that Rakza 7 1.8mm or Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm should be put on the list of beginners rubbers too because it is so easy to control and is still a high performance rubber.

I have 3 Rakza 7 sheets now and it will be a while before I wear these out.  Is Rakza 7 worth 3 Red Diamond sheets or 3 802-40s?  I doubt I will buy another sheet of Rakza 7.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

can't answer!! people uses there BH differently.

some top players use tenergy 05 others use bryce speed others short pips.. all completely different in grip and sponge hardness.... because they expect different things from it. 

for me palio thors allows me to open slow over-the-table loops even more easily than rakza 7... so its better there... but if i wanted to focus on counterlooping on BH, i would have selected rakza 7. 

also thors, with tacky topsheet, serves better than rakza... and i need good serves on BH. 

thors doesn't block as good as rakza, ... which i miss on my BH, but adjusted to it by now.

vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by ttennis1 ttennis1 wrote:

@debraj,
great review!

ttennis1: thanks that you liked it.

i played rakza only on 729 F-1, which is off- carbon blade with some flex, good power, and very hard outer ply. 

rakza being a hard sponged rubber, you definitely need very hard outer ply.. and some amount of flex in the blade. once these 2 criteria are met, you can play around with the speed of the blades based one what speed you are comfortable with.
vid1
Vid 2
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 12:07am
Today I played with my two SP paddles, one with Rakza 7 1.8mm and the other with T05.  The T05 definitely generated more spin on the serve.   I like to do spinny serves that curve across the pocket area. The T05 was definitely harder for my opponent to deal with.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 12:36am
pnachtwey 

you are always comparing rakza 7 1.8 with t05 max, i guess. that's not a good appple to apple.

but then even max T05 generates slightly more spin than rakza 7 in serves. but it is also more challenge to keep the ball short, and spin deception is less in T05 due to the soft jumpy sponge. 

with high level players i figured high spin serve is useless. deceptive and short serves are more effective. 

i'm having my career best game now with rakza 7 FH.. but then 729 F-1 has lot of contributions too. 
vid1
Vid 2
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 12:55am
debraj, how similarly does Rakza 7 play to Moon or Tenergy 05?  (Mostly Moon, though.)
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 10:21am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

pnachtwey 

you are always comparing rakza 7 1.8 with t05 max, i guess. that's not a good appple to apple.
That is what I have mounted now so I can test the two at the same time.   When serving the ball doesn't dig that far into the sponge.   I use a slow spinny Tomahawk serve to curve the ball from my right to left across the pocket.  My stroke brushes the ball more than hit it for max spin.

I should also note that my T05 is from Feb 2010.
I will remount my Rakza 7 Soft Max on my other Samsonov Alpha for a loop comparison.

but then even max T05 generates slightly more spin than rakza 7 in serves. but it is also more challenge to keep the ball short, and spin deception is less in T05 due to the soft jumpy sponge. 
That is why I still have Rakza 7 1.8mm on my main paddle

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 12:39pm
i meant it is a challenge to keep the ball short with T05... not rakza 7. rakza with harder sponge, is more well behaved in short game and serves. 
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 1:02pm
I am so happy with rakza that i keep coming back and posting update to this thread.

yesterday i played a guys with whom i have pretty much 50-50 win loss ratio.. he plays with T05 and t64 on different blades... recently he had been stable with TBS for a while. he is one of the strongest loopers, and being a lefty.. he manages weird angle on his loops and devastating power-spin.

i played a few days back with T05+F1+Thor's and i lost.. because i couldn't keep my serve returns short enough... with deception (where i show as if i am gonna loop, so he takes a step back and then i just do a drop shot).

with rakza 7... he was just dancing to my tune. after a 3-0 loss he challenged me again.. and guess what. 3-0 again.. and he gave up.. and started inspecting my paddle.

the same night.. i also beat 2 other higher rated players pretty easy 3-1, 3-1, devastated a 1900+ long piper 3-0  (10-9, 10-5, 10-2)  and then lost to a short pip-er (my permanent problem) ...

i'm definitely gonna improve my rating in the club and upcoming sac open tourney. just received my second rakza for the spare set-up. wow i didn't know a esn rubber (other than thors) can hold its grip so well.

acuda s1, s2 players, tenergy 64 players, and particularly BW2 players will gain most by switching to Rakza 7.  

It is just an improved BW2, with higher speed, better hold, and comparable spin and throw angle.

vid1
Vid 2
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 1:34pm
howbis Rakza compared to Vega Pro?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 2:03pm
rakza 7 against vega pro

- more durable topsheet.. more natural rubber feeling, 
- less springy in short game (although even vega pro is reasonably well behaved)
- slightly less feel due to harder sponge (still nice feeling)
- has one more extra upper gear where the sponge still continues giving ...when vega pro stops. 

Rakza is better compared with Acuda s1 than vega pro from sponge hardness, except that the topsheet is grippier thn acuda s1. read petermoo's comparative review thread between acuda s1 and vega pro... and imagine little higher grip ... you will get the idea.

vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic