Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

Originally posted by 42andbackpains 42andbackpains wrote:

Finally got to play with my OSP Ultimate II for about 3 hours today. I paired it with MX-P on the forehand and T05 on the backhand. I have been playing with a OSP custom made replica of the old Stiga Oversize clipper from the late 90s to early 2000s. As i get older and more injury prone. I think i needed a lighter blade and a blade with more spin. I have been feeling the my Oversize is a little head heavy and overall weight was round 190 to 195 grams with rubbers glued.  I was thinking of buying a OSP Martin, but OSP launched the Ultimate II and i made the purchase and was one of the early buyers to get the early bird discount. I was looking to get more spin and feel out of the new ball and OSP marketing promised this. Now to the good stuff. My blade itself weight was 88 grams and the blade weighed 186 grams with rubbers glued on. The racket does not feel head heavy and the weight feels evenly distributed. With my first couple of loops, i felt right away the spin was increased compared to my Oversize. I also noticed i had a better whip when doing the banana bh flip and the racket would bite into the ball and had a good catapult.  Even though this is a all wood 7 ply blade, the racket didn't feel overly hard when hitting like many of todays 7 ply blades.  I felt the Ultimate II had good touch, control and overall increased my spin. This blade is a definite keeper and will be my main blade from now on. Note, One of my coaches tried the blade and liked it right away. She also asked me to borrow the blade to try for a week with her rubbers glued on. Now i can only hope she returns it...LOLLOL

Thanks for the review!
I also ordered one, but unfortunately I believe it will take about 2 months to arrive here =(
But it is good to hear that the blade seems to perform on the same way as it was advertised!

Welcome to the OSP familyBig smile
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
Sponsored Links

flatstyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flatstyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 9:03pm
After 6+ hours with my new Ultimate II cpen...

It has markedly higher throw/arc than my Ultimate, and a greater ease in generating spin.  It surprised me that the high throw made it feel slower to me, but it has more gears than regular Ultimate, and pace shots work great, with put-away shots  very satisfying.  Short game feels like I will have to work to recalibrate a little to keep everything low, but I feel that is only a few hours away. I have four other OSP c-pen blades and this one is tops:  most beautiful and  workmanship is outstanding.
[SIZE]V-14 Pro C-pen

FH MX-P

BH Vega Europe/ Fastarc S1
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 9:58am
I also received an ultimate II. I am an OSP fan between half and a year. I discovered OSP with Ultimate I, and played with martin off pro, Immune Ox pushblocker with antispin in the backhand, then I moved back to two inverted rubbers and keeped my Immune until now. I'm trying to go back to a more offensive blade. As flatstyk said, Ultimate II seems to have many gears. It's smooth and flex in topspin but when you hit hard it feels stiffer. The arc is wonderful in loops and the spin seems to be very good. I'm going tu purchase a lighter one because I'm used to a 78g immune ox... so the 89g 149x158 is a little heavy to me. The blade does not feel so heavy anyway but I would prefer something more easy to use. 
I also felt I have to keep lower the ball in short game, but I think it will be easy because the ball does not go far away, it just goes a little high, so a little adjustement of the angle should be enough.
I play with T05 in the forehand and bryce highspeed in the backhand. I will tell you more between two days, I will try again the U2 on the training tomorrow.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by flatstyk flatstyk wrote:

After 6+ hours with my new Ultimate II cpen...

It has markedly higher throw/arc than my Ultimate, and a greater ease in generating spin.  It surprised me that the high throw made it feel slower to me, but it has more gears than regular Ultimate, and pace shots work great, with put-away shots  very satisfying.  Short game feels like I will have to work to recalibrate a little to keep everything low, but I feel that is only a few hours away. I have four other OSP c-pen blades and this one is tops:  most beautiful and  workmanship is outstanding.
Good review, thanks!

Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

I also received an ultimate II. I am an OSP fan between half and a year. I discovered OSP with Ultimate I, and played with martin off pro, Immune Ox pushblocker with antispin in the backhand, then I moved back to two inverted rubbers and keeped my Immune until now. I'm trying to go back to a more offensive blade. As flatstyk said, Ultimate II seems to have many gears. It's smooth and flex in topspin but when you hit hard it feels stiffer. The arc is wonderful in loops and the spin seems to be very good. I'm going tu purchase a lighter one because I'm used to a 78g immune ox... so the 89g 149x158 is a little heavy to me. The blade does not feel so heavy anyway but I would prefer something more easy to use. 
I also felt I have to keep lower the ball in short game, but I think it will be easy because the ball does not go far away, it just goes a little high, so a little adjustement of the angle should be enough.
I play with T05 in the forehand and bryce highspeed in the backhand. I will tell you more between two days, I will try again the U2 on the training tomorrow.

Thanks gromousse, I'm anxious to read more about the blade!
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 11:13pm

Do you remember the main features of the Ultimate I and the Martin blades so as to compare how they are different from the Ultimate II?

Edited by Makelele - 01/08/2018 at 11:13pm
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 11:29am
Yes, of course. The Ultimate I is much more hard on the top ply and stiffer too. The trajectories in loops are different, the U2 lifts more, with more arc ; the U1 is more direct. It's difficult for me to say what blade is faster because I didn't use U1 for a long time, I remember the feeling but telling if it's faster or not is impossible. Moreover, I think it most depends on the weight of the blades and in the way you touch the ball, because U2 is slow on soft strokes and fast if you touch the ball harder. The U1 has less gears, it reacts immediately.

The Martin off pro is as stiff as the U1 or a little less stiff. The top ply is smooth, not as smooth as U2 but almost. It creates tons of spin, equal or even more than U2, I think if you have a high level you can give more spin to the ball with the Martin. But under this top ply very smooth, the blade is really stiff, much more stiff than U2 which have a very good flex. In fact, I didn't try Virtuoso but I know Virtuoso+, Immune Ox Pushblocker, U1 and Martin off pro and U2 has the best flex of all these blades.

The Martin is also more bouncing than U2. U2 is flex and smooth but the bounce is very regular, I don't knwo how to say that in english but you have exactly the speed than you want to give with the U2. The Martin is more powerful, fast and bouncing and it's difficult for a poor player like me sometimes, I have to struggle with this power. The U2 is much more easy to play, it's a plug and play blade, you have time to contact the ball, you can hit hard or not, you are always in control. It have something special : it feels very flex in topspin and it feels stiff on flat strokes. Like the perfect alliance between 5 ply blade and 7 ply blade. In fact I feel it close to 5 ply + 2 fiber blade like DHS N301. 

The reject angle seems to be middle for the U2. It's lower on the U1 and higher on the Martin. I felt that on the U2, the angle is middle low on flat balls and goes high in topspin. The U2 is excellent for the opening loop but needs to close correctly the racket angle to make a harder stroke. The U1 has a low reject angle everytime and that caused me problems in mid distance loops with too much straight trajectories. The Martin is fantastic at mid distance strokes.

For me U2 is the most versatile blade and "level user friendly" blade. U1 is better close to the table, not because of its power that is high but because of the straight trajectories when you hit hard. Martin off pro requires a higher level, it's probably the blade that gives you the best performance but it's harder to control because of the high combination of speed and spin it can performs.

Edited by gromousse - 01/09/2018 at 11:33am
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 12:20pm
I tried to buy one of these by signing up to the early bird offer and followed up with a message via OSP's ticket system 7 days ago but so far have had no communication back from them. Any ideas on how else to get hold of them? I assumed they would provide a code to use at checkout for the discount...

Edited by MydasDiablo - 01/09/2018 at 12:21pm
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

I tried to buy one of these by signing up to the early bird offer and followed up with a message via OSP's ticket system 7 days ago but so far have had no communication back from them. Any ideas on how else to get hold of them? I assumed they would provide a code to use at checkout for the discount...
I think the offer was only good thru 12/31 so you might have been too late.  Had you ordered before the deadline, a coupon code would have appeared on the invoice automatically and the price would reflect the introductory price.
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 12:49pm
No I signed up on 03/01/2018 and sent the message the same day when I couldn't see any discount applied on the checkout screen when trying to order. I guess I missed the boat then, although it's not clear from their website as it still has the early bird wording listed. Furthermore, I don't appreciate waiting 7 days and not getting a reply to say one way or the other. 

Edited by MydasDiablo - 01/09/2018 at 12:50pm
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 1:07pm
Hey gromousse, what a detailed reply! Thanks.
And well written,too. Are you sure English is not your mother tongue?
You should do some other reviews of table tennis equipment, you explain things well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 1:10pm
I am also trying to find a great condition second hand V'King and have posted on here and TTD to see if anyone has one to sell and unusually have had no messages at all. Coming from a Viscaria/DD Terminator I think anything slower than the Ultimate II/V'King would be too slow as my strokes are now adjusted to being very short. As for Martin and Musko, I just don't want a blade that sounds like a guy from the pub or a ladies body spray LOL    
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 1:13pm
MydasDiablo, you can try to contact them via Facebook. It worked for me (edit: I mean, I got an answer from them on facebook instead of by email, but it had nothing to do with purchasing Ultimate II after the promotion period).

Edited by shinshiro - 01/09/2018 at 1:23pm
flatstyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatstyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 1:21pm
MydasDiablo, just pay a little extra for your "Martin" or "Musko" and have them customize handle with your name engraved, instead!  "Diablo" might be a fine name for your blade.
[SIZE]V-14 Pro C-pen

FH MX-P

BH Vega Europe/ Fastarc S1
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 2:18pm
They can also probably not write anything on the handle as a custom option, right?
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 8:04pm
Yesterday I could finally test the Ultimate II against real players . It confirmed all that I felt against the robot . The U2 is smooth and flex when you loop, with much control and enormous spin, which allows easy and efficient opening loops. On the other side it feels stiff on hard strokes and it shows great power if you hit hard. You can shift from slow loop, high arc, with ton of spin, to powerful conclusive topspin with lower arc, very easily. It’s a little surprising at first, if you don’t adjust the target correctly before releasing all the power you say hello to the walls immediately... but if you take care about the bat angle and trust the blade, it won’t do anything you don’t want it to do. And then the ball goes surprinsingly fast. Anyway if you decide to loop in control you can also give fast balls with good arc without struggling in any way.
I was worrying about the control in short game but, as I hoped that before on the robot, the blade is not too much bouncy in short game and you find naturally the good angle with the bat. The serves are fantastic, very spinny and low and good stiffness for fast long serves.
Blocking is a breathe, much control and very good feedback.
Actually the blade is very close to the OSP’s informations : a new Ultimate, as powerful as the first one, but smoother, spinnier, with better control and with more gears, especially it allows to play further than the first one whereas it is really comfortable near the table. It allows you to close the game which is more difficult with the plastic ball than with the C ball, whereas it performs very well when the game is opened, much more confortable in rallies with a very good arc in loops and a big power if you need it.
A great blade for modern attacking players, very well suited to P ball.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 8:59pm

Yesterday I could finally test the Ultimate II against real players . It confirmed all that I felt against the robot . The U2 is smooth and flex when you loop, with much control and enormous spin, which allows easy and efficient opening loops. On the other side it feels stiff on hard strokes and it shows great power if you hit hard. You can shift from slow loop, high arc, with ton of spin, to powerful conclusive topspin with lower arc, very easily. It’s a little surprising at first, if you don’t adjust the target correctly before releasing all the power you say hello to the walls immediately... but if you take care about the bat angle and trust the blade, it won’t do anything you don’t want it to do. And then the ball goes surprinsingly fast. Anyway if you decide to loop in control you can also give fast balls with good arc without struggling in any way.
I was worrying about the control in short game but, as I hoped that before on the robot, the blade is not too much bouncy in short game and you find naturally the good angle with the bat. The serves are fantastic, very spinny and low and good stiffness for fast long serves.
Blocking is a breathe, much control and very good feedback.
Actually the blade is very close to the OSP’s informations : a new Ultimate, as powerful as the first one, but smoother, spinnier, with better control and with more gears, especially it allows to play further than the first one whereas it is really comfortable near the table. It allows you to close the game which is more difficult with the plastic ball than with the C ball, whereas it performs very well when the game is opened, much more confortable in rallies with a very good arc in loops and a big power if you need it.
A great blade for modern attacking players, very well suited to P ball.

Can you make any comments about U2 x Avalox P700? I'm a long time fan of P700 and recently got one but I found too soft nowdays with plastic balls.

Edited by AMonteiro - 01/10/2018 at 8:59pm
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

They can also probably not write anything on the handle as a custom option, right?

I don't know if you can make them write something in the other side of the handle where there isn't the name of the blade (I guess that you can with an extra fee) but what I am pretty sure you can do is make them write anything instead of the name of the blade (of course paying extra). I saw it in a blade of a friend of mine who put his name. So if you don't want the words Musko", "Martin", "Virtuoso" or "Ultimate II" in your handle, you can make them write something instead of them.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 5:22am
Sorry 😐 I don’t know the Avalox, never played with this brand.
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 8:29am
I haven't played with the Avalox700, but if you want a 7 ply all wood blade that doesn't have a very soft feeling, may be the old Butterfly SK7 can fit the bill. I am not talking about the "Korbel SK7" (which I haven't played with). The "SK7" is discontinued but last year Butterfly has released a model called "Classic SK7" that I guess in theory should be the same blade. But I didn't try this new one.

Edited by Makelele - 01/11/2018 at 11:25am
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 9:07am
or Ultimate 1 ;)
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 9:11am
Thanks for sugestions. I actually played with SK7 for a while but I don't like thick blades. I prefer blades around 6mm. I'm gonna try San Wei Fextra soon.. 
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 11:59am
Ultimate 1 is under 6mm, I guess.
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2018 at 5:38pm
Any other reviews ready yet for the new Ultimate II?   Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
Joe B   BBC Hinoki/carbon
            BBC Hinoki

JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2018 at 5:27pm
Ultimate II owners any more reports on this new blade????  Updates ????    Thanks
Joe B   BBC Hinoki/carbon
            BBC Hinoki

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2018 at 10:58pm
Still enjoying my V+. Anybody could compare it with UII? What is the difference?

Currently testing Rasanter r42 and Aurus Select on it. Feels good. Good control, stable blocking and nice loops but definitely lacks some speed for more advanced players.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Still enjoying my V+. Anybody could compare it with UII? What is the difference?

Currently testing Rasanter r42 and Aurus Select on it. Feels good. Good control, stable blocking and nice loops but definitely lacks some speed for more advanced players.

Blades:
I own a Virtuoso 159mm and sold my Virtuoso+ 157mm 
I prefer the flex and dwell of the former and did not like the stiffness and hardness of the latter. I loved the Virtuoso 159mm with the 40 celluloid ball. I like it less with the 40+ balls and have been searching for something faster. In the interim I find that my 20-25 year old (Yasaka) and the V159 play similarly enough that I can switch between them without much adjustment. The slight improvements in blocking and hitting in the V+157 weren't enough to warrant a change.

ULTIMATE II:
Weather and Injury have prevented me from spending more than 4 hours with the Ultimate II blade so far... But here's what little I've got.

Session 1: Brand new rubber
Target National not broken in, sticky. Can catch ball and hold. 
Rasanter 42 1st time, oddly slow and muted/numb feeling. bad glue job.

Spent most of the time countering with the Target National trying to get it broken in. Noticed that the racquet felt immediately familiar, and the short game felt controllable like V and V+. Close to the table, I had trouble finding the off the bounce block, hit and drive power that I would expect from a 7 ply. But I haven't used a 7 ply since celluloid.

Session 2: Reglued
Removed both sheets of rubber, reattached STN with another layer of Revolution3.
Target behaved more normally. Started to open up a bit.
Swapped R42 for a used sheed of Rasant. Much more familiar feel.

Blade started to behave as expected. I was able to find some of the speed off the bounce that I was looking for. I don't feel like it compromises the short game. Noticing some power at mid distance, still getting low trajectory with a decent arc from the STN. Still haven't quite found the connection with Rasant. As a contrast: Rasant is AMAZING on both my Virtuoso and my Yasaka Extra. This may be hyperbole, but on a flexible limba blade, plain old Rasant feels like it will play each shot well. It is trustworthy and reliable.

Impression so far:

Even at 89g The blade is not nearly as fast as I expected, having tried out other players composite blades. But I do feel like the Ultimate II produces more spin in both service and the short game, as well as some of the driving balls... It's possible that I will wind up EJ'ing some different rubber like Stiga's Genesis M to save some weight. The STN makes it very head heavy.

All 4 hours of play was with the newer DHS D40+ ABS balls.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
riscado View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riscado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2018 at 11:52am
Just ordered an OSP virtuoso offensive-, with custom handle this weekend. Got the confirmation email but no lead times or anything. Also emailed them about the custom handle.

How long do they usually take to ship?

Really looking forward to playing with this bat, along with some Sriver butterfly rubber.

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2018 at 1:50pm
If it is custom handle, I think that it takes around a week to ship the package. Be patient my friend, the result will be really good!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
riscado View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote riscado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2018 at 3:18pm
No doubts, I think I'll really like it, it's just a bit unsettling that there is very little communication.

The blades look quite amazing. And I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

By the way any suggestion regarding rubber for this blade? I'm looking for more control than speed.

Edited by riscado - 02/02/2018 at 5:04pm
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2018 at 6:14am
riscardo, everyone who has bought blade or blades from osp team, will guarantee you that you will have your blade exactly as you asked, so you dont need to concern. Sometimes it happened also to me, that I had no answer or late answer, but this is cause they are so bussy. Anyways, you will be really happy with your virtuoso in your hands in somedays. Smile
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic