Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2018 at 12:31am
Honestly it won’t really make a difference to your play. All off- blades play similar. Reasons to get osp are looks, balance and feeling in hand, not because it will suddenly improve your level. I play just as well with a primorac off. But the osp just feels special ;)
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I ordered a flare. Should be here Friday for some testing
with what rubbers? Big smile
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2018 at 10:56am
is there a fast osp blade with big sweetspot, very spinny and good/high catapult

speedwise it should be fast like a viscaria or innerforce layer alc (limba would be good + carbon/arylate)

i have the Virtuoso CRWi UNI OFF  in mind or is there a better choice ?

thank you very much
Asbee View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 5:52am
My custom osp blade:

Custom OSP ALC

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 05
riscado View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riscado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 10:40am
Hi,

the OSP did not improve my level, nor did I buy it to do so. I bought it for the feel of an all wood lightweight bat with a properly finished handle. I love the feel of this blade.

I am still enjoying it, with the tenergy 05fx and the DHS rubber. At first it was a bit hard to get used to it as it was fast and bouncy for my standards (I suppose that was the tenergy rubber). Once you get used to it, it's a really nice bat. Lots of spin and control.

Not overly fast, just right.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 12:28pm
My new Ultimate II

Verdantstorm View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verdantstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2018 at 2:54am
Hey guys. I was thinking of purchasing the Virtuoso off - as an upgrade from a nittaku acoustic. I wanted more ball feedback and a member on here recommended this blade. So to anyone who has used both a virtuoso off - and nittaku acoustic, which provides better feedback? 

If I do proceed with the purchase I was also thinking of a customised handle. Would they be able to replicate a nittaku acoustic or zjk alc handle? Would anyone here know how it would affect the overall feel of the blade if I change the stock handles?

Thanks.

Edited by Verdantstorm - 06/14/2018 at 3:09am
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 9:29am
That looks gorgeous. Ive just ordered the same. Should be here in 1 week. 88g. Please update with how it plays!
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2018 at 10:21am
I am astonished about the Speed of the U2. I thought it would be a bit faster than the Virtuoso and as fast as the Virtuoso+, but it seams to be faster.

Maybe the reason is, that I am actually playing with Nexy Arche since a few months, because Arche is an AR+ up to Off- blade and definitely much slower than the U2.

I confirm, that the U2 is a wonderful looking blade with perfect craftsmanship. I also confirm, that this blade is made for looping from anywhere. It is not only a marketing hype. The U2 is really spinny. Blocking is also no bigger problem. The only disadvantage (for me) is the speed and the „lively“ behaviour of this blade. Therefore I have Problems with the length of my balls when I try to attack with hard shots or powerloops.

I would have to change my rubbers or my kind of playing to get used to the U2.Therfore I will offer it soon in my FS-thread. I recommend it for players who are looking for a spinny blade with a similar speed like Boll ALC or let‘s say like Mizutani ZLC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic