Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Arpi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 2:17pm
Hi fellow OSP clan members,
Here is my Virtouso, with Rhyzm & Acuda

Edited by Arpi - 01/08/2017 at 2:18pm
Sponsored Links

MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 2:53pm
That's a pretty blade Wink
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 3:16pm
Hi guys, been away for some time.
After my custom Expert i ordered an Virtuoso-S with a custom Alser handle, which plays more direct due to this handle. In between i played a Virtuoso+,but that was not for my game, so i sold it.
Next one coming is a V'King . I always wanted to test/feel this one , because of the composition with koto instead of limba.  I let you know when i have played it. First i play with Rhyzm -P( FH/BH )and than with tenergy 25 FX (FH)/rhyzm-p(BH). Very curious if it is for me or  maybe i will stick to the Expert. 
Good hitting everybody!!Smile
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
kingnike12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingnike12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 12:21am
It has been a long time but I just started playing again and just got my virtuoso m with a flare handle. It is definitely one of the best feeling blades I have ever played with. I've got the urge to play again
Blades:

OSP Virtuoso M-size
FH: SunnySix Sunny7
BH: Gewo Hype KR Yoo Nam Gyu

Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 3:29pm
The V,King has arrived. Beautiful blade...as always with OSP. Comfy flared grip. Sounded a bit faster than my YinHE J-1(by tapping on my bald headWink)Which is a good sign. 
Monday i play with it. 
Let you know.
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 4:40pm
I've been playing with my Virtuoso+ I really like the blade. It's a bit on the fast side for me. But I'm starting to get used to it. Really fun blade to rally with 😄
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 5:31pm

Finally after years of dreaming...

Arrived this morning. 90.2g, fl virtuoso off-
Glued it up with T05 both sides and had first session this evening. It is a spin monster and has so much control. And so beautiful to look at!
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 6:22pm
Hopefully it won't take much time to me to be part of this clan too!
kingnike12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingnike12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 9:31pm
welcome to the club. I have the same setup except it is a m rather than a s. And it works with all rubbers from the european tensors to the chinese rubbers. such an awesome investment
Blades:

OSP Virtuoso M-size
FH: SunnySix Sunny7
BH: Gewo Hype KR Yoo Nam Gyu

Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 2:31pm
wanted to update after using for two weeks.

it is just a pleasure to play with. and seems to be getting easier/smoother with each session. i was playing rhyzm 425 max on both sides of a primorac off- (for 1.5 years) before and i am really enjoying the linearity of the tenergy 05. obviously it's a harder sponge, but still, short game is easier than the rhyzm, blocking is just as good and topspin/countering is more stable. if i misread the spin, the ball goes flying, but that was the same for the rhyzm too - nothing changes there ;)

anyway, anyone who is wavering... treat yourself to an osp. for the price i consider it an amazing investment! (warning, this post may contain product placement LOL )
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:13pm
I know that for years already...Wink  I tried the V'King but was too fast for me.
Now i play the Virtuoso-S  with a custom Alser grip, which makes it play more direct and a bit stiffer, which i like.
I play it with Rozena 2.1/1.9. Good combi. It asks a bit more from me technical, but is rewarding when playing good shots.More power and umph than my Expert.

FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:18pm
Not sure it's just me...
I slapped some cheap Chinese rubbers on yrs ago after I first got my OSP V- & the combo was just so amazing to play with. Now I have some Euro & Btfly rubbers on & it is as wonderful as my last set up...man, this OSP V- is really, to me, quite something...
Am i making sense or just BS'ing?
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:30pm
It is no BS, the V- wil handle almost every kind of rubber well, especially when you are intermediate or better player,it will do what you ask it to do with a high tolerance. Thats in my opinion its strongest feature, so versatile,it is almost crazy...
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:40pm
Is V- for Virtuoso as compared with V+ for Vistuoso+? The names are a bit confusing.
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Is V- for Virtuoso as compared with V+ for Vistuoso+? The names are a bit confusing.

yes exactly. i was really tempted by a virtuoso+, especially having read a lot of positive reviews both here and on other forums; but i am now very glad i got the virtuoso-. there is more than enough power even from mid-distance (especially with the t05) but it is still very controlled at the table.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

yep..you got it man...
V- means Virtuoso - or normal or 1st model or Minus or was it not the 1st OSP Mr. Palatinus made?
V+, of course, means Virtuoso PLUS which is just a tiny notch up. I can't part way w/ V- to play with V+.
Jpenmaster sold his Virtuoso King awhile back & I missed that...Cry as I prefer Anatomic handle & his 1 was not...damn.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

[QUOTE=kindof99] 
Jpenmaster sold his Virtuoso King awhile back & I missed that...Cry as I prefer Anatomic handle & his 1 was not...damn.

I bought the V King from Jpenmaster. It is faster than my JM SZLC (maybe the rubbers play a factor too)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 11:44pm
returning to the game in 2016, with the plastic ball, i went so far as to try out faster blades. I bought a V+, I even bought an Avalox C555 (again, had owned it in celluloid era, was good but too fast then).

And I find myself returning to my original Virtuoso (the L model, purchased before S or M existed, IIRC)

Old and worn, it fits like a leather glove.  Mid distance looping with anything remotely Hurricany on the forehand feels great. 

The only blade in my collection that rivals it is a 25 year old Yasaka Gatien Extra; likely made in Tranas.

Edited by icontek - 09/23/2017 at 6:13pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 6:31pm
Just recived yet ANOTHER classic, this time the V+ with a customised handle and my original number. Such a beauty! Wish I knew how to attach photos from the iPad to show the world haha
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 6:20am
i couldn't resist and ordered another identical one, just because. it's the first time i've had two similar blades, which will allow me to ej the summer break away. just gluing tibhar el-s 1.9 on both sides as i write Big smile
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 7:51pm

this is my special custom ultimate blade it weighs in at 91.5gms and my second one at around 92.5gms.
Lots of thanks to to those guys from osp for this beauty.
RadivS View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadivS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by mepper59 mepper59 wrote:

I know that for years already...Wink  I tried the V'King but was too fast for me.
Now i play the Virtuoso-S  with a custom Alser grip, which makes it play more direct and a bit stiffer, which i like.
I play it with Rozena 2.1/1.9. Good combi. It asks a bit more from me technical, but is rewarding when playing good shots.More power and umph than my Expert.

I am looking for a similar combo. How much difference do you feel btw the 1,9 and 2,1 mm Rozena?
I was planning for 1,7 and 1,9. I need more control on my forehand.

Maybe I also will go for a blade with larger head, not decided.
I will for sure go for a narrow SQST handle.
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 6:28am
Hi, there is a distinct difference in feeling between the 2.1 /1.9 . For me the 2.1 feels good, on FH/BH wheras the 1.9 allows the bat to come through more. But the 1.9 gives more control/ less speed/spin,
and shorter trajectory. It is rather linear compared to tenergy and i had to make some adjustments especially in pushing/serve return. But on the other hand it is more forgiving,less catapult than tenergy.
If you are a spin player choose 2.1, if you are a hitter/blocker( close-table) choose 1.9.
My bat is rather stiff due to the custom Alser grip, big difference as compared to the standard OSP grip. 
I am playing with the tenergy 05 1.9 FH/ rozena 1.9 BH for equal spin with less weight right now.

FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2017 at 4:10am
I have a V+ (Standard flared) I’ve tried the Nittaku Violin Flare L handle (I really wanted to like the handle, but.... The V+ just «feels right»)

So I’m back to my V+ I still haven’t found any other blades that come close to the comfortable feeling of Virtuoso flared. I’m thinking about buying a V’ King or Ultimate as a backup blade now
sherlockcan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherlockcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2017 at 3:15am
The handle of the osp blades is so beautiful so how can i keep it against the sweat ?
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 11:46pm
it seems that most of the OSP sold in the second hand market here has FL handle, does that mean that the ST handle is more popular among OSP users?
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 8:19am
Windysummer1: it might mean that many people (myself included) buys the Osp because they have a wide flared handle. I have other blades that I don’t play with because they feel too small in my hand. (Like the Nittaku Violin (large handle flared) is small compared to the OSP flared.
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 1:31pm
I see, thanks
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2017 at 12:24am
Hi, please add me to the clan members))
I am using Virtuoso +

Here is my little review of Virtuoso + T05FX 1.9 fx and Rasanter v42 2.0 on BH

T05FX 1.9 is very good combination for CONTROLLED allround top spin game from FH side. If you want to kill the ball with top spin drive then in my case the ball just goes too long with no spin maybe due to thickness. It will be difficult to play counter top spin rallies from mid distance due to lack of speed but currently I prefer more control though I spent more energy. Lifting backspin is quite easy. Short game is not the best side of it as well as rasanter v42.
Maybe later will try T80.

Rasanter v42. I find it quite good rubber on bh side. I am able to make spiny flicks from the table as well as good top spin 1 step from the table. However the speed is limited and for more advanced players it will lack speed from mid distance. 

I want to suggest to clan members to post such short reviews of combination they use.

Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2017 at 10:52am
that's a great idea...

review of osp virtuoso off- with tibhar evolution el-s, 1.9/2mm both sides. played for 30 hours, training and league matches.

i actually really enjoy this combination. in a nutshell:

positives: great spin on loops, good short game.
negatives: weight, durability.

fh: has real bite and spin, regular opponents have complemented me on my more dangerous fh topspin. it is a heavy rubber though. together with my 93gr virtuoso, the whole combo weighs 194 gr which is at my limit. previously i played with max rhythm 425 both sides which is 10 gr lighter.

bh: because of the weight i feel my over the table backhand topspin has suffered a bit. looping from a step back or when i have time is great, but honestly, how often do i do that in a real game at my level (1600-1800 US?), whereas my over the table flip is a point winner for me (used to be ;)

i've had some really good wins already this season with this combination. especially as i have very good control when playing short over the table, both fh and bh. i find i'm preventing more attacks by leaving the ball short.

however, after 30 hrs play the rubber has crumbled significantly around the edges and the forehand looks pretty used. rhythm 425 was much more durable, albeit less dangerous.

because of the durability, i am now trying rozena max in both sides on my spare virtuoso (same weight). have my first practice session this evening with that combo.

p.s. also tried tibhar evolution fx-s 1.9/2mmm both sides for a couple of training sessions. didn't like it at all. non-linear.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic