Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by sherlockcan sherlockcan wrote:

The handle of the osp blades is so beautiful so how can i keep it against the sweat ?

You can seal it with Minwax polyurethane satin finish.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Sponsored Links

Arpi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Arpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 2:51pm
Hi, 
Here is my 2nd OSP blade.
Its a Virtuoso CRWi, weight is 85g.

sherlockcan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherlockcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 3:15am
Can I order the weight of the blade from their shop ? Thanks
Arpi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 8:57am

Can I order the weight of the blade from their shop ? Thanks

Yes you can.
I have asked for one in 85-87g range, which they did not have at the moment, so I had to wait about 2 weeks for it.

Edited by Arpi - 10/16/2017 at 8:57am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherlockcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 11:09am
How can I ask them for the weight ?  Thank you very much!
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 1:06pm
Just write a comment when you order to specify weight (or order by email)
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 9:31pm
is it true that the conic handle of osp is much thicker than its sqst handle?
Arpi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by windysummer1 windysummer1 wrote:

Never played with SQST handle, but according to specs on their site the above statement is true.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 10:32pm
Hi guys,
I have one OSP Virtuoso C-pen (bought in the celluloid ball era) which I have not used for a long time. Can anyone tell me how is the performance with the new plastic ball ? Is it better with the plastic ball or does it have inferior performance ?

Edited by aeoliah - 11/20/2017 at 10:34pm
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2017 at 9:48am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Hi guys,
I have one OSP Virtuoso C-pen (bought in the celluloid ball era) which I have not used for a long time. Can anyone tell me how is the performance with the new plastic ball ? Is it better with the plastic ball or does it have inferior performance ?

It's your blade, right? Shouldn't you know it better than ALL of us all over the world?
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2017 at 8:17pm

Hi guys,

I don't think people should worry about such things. Marketing hype will drive you to believe everything is inferior. The new ball is a little slower. Simple as that when considering a blade. Maybe you want a little faster blade, maybe not. Timo Boll is still using the same blade now as he was before the ball change. Consider that.

Cheers
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2017 at 8:19pm

The handle of the osp blades is so beautiful so how can i keep it against the sweat ?

You can seal it with Minwax polyurethane satin finish.

Yes, absolutely. I do this with all my blades; the entire surface of the blade faces, edge, and handle.
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2017 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Arpi Arpi wrote:

Originally posted by windysummer1 windysummer1 wrote:

Never played with SQST handle, but according to specs on their site the above statement is true.

I've used the conic before, it is rounded thick but really small at the neck or by the shoulder of the blade. It actually does even feel smaller than regular Flared handles.
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
Poseidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poseidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 2:36pm
Looking for reviews and rubber recommendations for v'king. Anyone?
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 4:32pm
Comments about V'king would be great, I'm also curious.
Poseidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poseidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 5:30pm
Well I can comment on it a little but I haven't found a good combination for the blade yet, so still looking for others' review and recommendations.

I tried V'king with Hurricane III Neo National Blue Sponge on forehand and Acuda S3 on backhand. Backhand is OK but not as good as Acuda S3 on a Virtuoso+, I get a lot less feedback and it also feels muted, not crispy at all. Forehand is pretty bad, hard to hit through the sponge and the same muted feel as backhand (or maybe even worse). This might be because I used a 40degree sponge, and National versions of H3 are usually harder too, so my speculation is a 39deg provincial one might work better. 

Anyway, overall I don't think this is a good setup for me. I would appreciate if anyone who has success on this blade could voice their experience.
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 2:10am
Here is I want to share some update on my Virtuoso+.
I keep on searching new combination which is suitable for me.
Currently I am using T80 1.9 on fh and T05fx 1.9 on bh(I used it on FH before). I found this combination is very good for me. Looping from both wings is awesome. I feel so much control when loop from FH. The speed is enough to kill the ball close to the table. It is ok playing from close to the table to mid distance. Long distance this setup lacks speed.

I am very impressed how T80 plays with V+. I just had 1 training session with 6 matches. Let's see when the rubber brakes in but first day of training is awesome.

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 7:44am
I dont think that it lacks of speed, it is pretty fast setup, but anyway, if you still think that it is fast and it is still your favourite setup, then change the rubbers to 2,1mm. Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 5:24pm
Has anyone rec'd their Ultimate II yet?

Christmas present to myself.

Haven't found a fast blade that I like yet. 

Edited by icontek - 12/20/2017 at 6:37pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Thought they said production time was 15 days so even if you ordered the first day you still have a few more days.  

What does your order status say?  I ordered a few days ago and it still says "Payment Accepted".
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 12:15am
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

What does your order status say?  I ordered a few days ago and it still says "Payment Accepted".

Mine shows it went to Fedex today, delivery time expected to be 27th.

I'm thinking it will get a sheet of Rasanter R42 backhand and maybe Joola Golden Tango or Stiga Genesis M forehand.

Who am I kidding?  Lackluster performance to hype ratio from Joola rubbers have burned me a few times, and the last time I paid > $50 for a sheet of China / German hybrid rubber it was a Yasaka Rising Dragon... 

So I'll probably just start with Sanwei Target National and Rasant, and then tweak from there as needed.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 12:20am
Icontek, you used to use one of the tin arcs, right? Tried the gold arcs?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Icontek, you used to use one of the tin arcs, right? Tried the gold arcs?

Used Tinarc in 2011 with Celluloid. Was great with the harder version on FH and softer on BH.

Haven't tried the gold arcs. Tried Tinarc and Tinarc5 with plastic balls.  Was unhappy. 

Will probably use my normal rubbers initially, so I can understand the blade a little better. It's going to be faster than what I am used to using.

Edited by icontek - 12/24/2017 at 7:47pm
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherlockcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2017 at 3:04am
Is there any  Virtuoso CRWi UNI 's review ? How does it compare to Butterfly ALC ? Thank you!

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 12:08am

Is there any  Virtuoso CRWi UNI 's review ? How does it compare to Butterfly ALC ? Thank you!

Here's what i found at ttdb:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/osp-virtuoso-crwi-uni-off.html

42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Thought they said production time was 15 days so even if you ordered the first day you still have a few more days.  

I received my Ultimate II today!!! Joy Joy Happy feelings...LOL

When i order, i messaged to OSP that i wanted 90 grams, they sent me a 88 grams version. Close enough. Now i just have to go pick up some rubbers from the club. Won't be able to test it out till at least a couple days later.Smile
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 5:27pm
I just got a notice that mine should ship out today and will arrive next week.  Clap
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 7:06am
I’ve switched from el-s both sides to nittaku fastarc c-1. The evolution was too heavy and caused problems with my wrist. The fast arc c-1 is about 3 gr lighter per side. I also ordered a lighter Virtuoso, 88g instead of 90g. These seem like very little difference but I immediately notice it. I am quicker to recover and my I feel less strain on my wrist. I miss a bit of power from 2m but I hardly ever play from that far back anyway. The rubber is extremely linear and easy to play with and imo is as spinny as the el-s. I am very happy with the change.
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2017 at 11:56pm
Finally got to play with my OSP Ultimate II for about 3 hours today. I paired it with MX-P on the forehand and T05 on the backhand. I have been playing with a OSP custom made replica of the old Stiga Oversize clipper from the late 90s to early 2000s. As i get older and more injury prone. I think i needed a lighter blade and a blade with more spin. I have been feeling the my Oversize is a little head heavy and overall weight was round 190 to 195 grams with rubbers glued.  I was thinking of buying a OSP Martin, but OSP launched the Ultimate II and i made the purchase and was one of the early buyers to get the early bird discount. I was looking to get more spin and feel out of the new ball and OSP marketing promised this. Now to the good stuff. My blade itself weight was 88 grams and the blade weighed 186 grams with rubbers glued on. The racket does not feel head heavy and the weight feels evenly distributed. With my first couple of loops, i felt right away the spin was increased compared to my Oversize. I also noticed i had a better whip when doing the banana bh flip and the racket would bite into the ball and had a good catapult.  Even though this is a all wood 7 ply blade, the racket didn't feel overly hard when hitting like many of todays 7 ply blades.  I felt the Ultimate II had good touch, control and overall increased my spin. This blade is a definite keeper and will be my main blade from now on. Note, One of my coaches tried the blade and liked it right away. She also asked me to borrow the blade to try for a week with her rubbers glued on. Now i can only hope she returns it...LOLLOL

Edited by 42andbackpains - 12/31/2017 at 12:00am
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by 42andbackpains 42andbackpains wrote:

Finally got to play with my OSP Ultimate II for about 3 hours today. I paired it with MX-P on the forehand and T05 on the backhand. I have been playing with a OSP custom made replica of the old Stiga Oversize clipper from the late 90s to early 2000s. As i get older and more injury prone. I think i needed a lighter blade and a blade with more spin. I have been feeling the my Oversize is a little head heavy and overall weight was round 190 to 195 grams with rubbers glued.  I was thinking of buying a OSP Martin, but OSP launched the Ultimate II and i made the purchase and was one of the early buyers to get the early bird discount. I was looking to get more spin and feel out of the new ball and OSP marketing promised this. Now to the good stuff. My blade itself weight was 88 grams and the blade weighed 186 grams with rubbers glued on. The racket does not feel head heavy and the weight feels evenly distributed. With my first couple of loops, i felt right away the spin was increased compared to my Oversize. I also noticed i had a better whip when doing the banana bh flip and the racket would bite into the ball and had a good catapult.  Even though this is a all wood 7 ply blade, the racket didn't feel overly hard when hitting like many of todays 7 ply blades.  I felt the Ultimate II had good touch, control and overall increased my spin. This blade is a definite keeper and will be my main blade from now on. Note, One of my coaches tried the blade and liked it right away. She also asked me to borrow the blade to try for a week with her rubbers glued on. Now i can only hope she returns it...LOLLOL

Thanks for the review!
I also ordered one, but unfortunately I believe it will take about 2 months to arrive here =(
But it is good to hear that the blade seems to perform on the same way as it was advertised!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
  Share Topic