Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 8:35am
Originally posted by mepper59 mepper59 wrote:

Hello guy's , after playing with my Virtuoso for several weeks i,ve decided to go back to my stiga nct allround. [...] The virtuoso was to fast for me.

I think it would be nice if Mr. Palatinus creates a REAL all blade and add it to the standard blades repository. I believe many people would welcome this. Although the Expert is rated as all+ i think it has a rather offensive character. Maybe the Origo in standard size (as suggested by bluebucket)?
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
Sponsored Links

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 9:21am
Yes I would like it if there was a true allround OSP blade, more similar to the real old Stiga's. Those old Stiga's aren't anywhere near as powerful as the Expert. The Expert doesn't bounce a ball on it's surface hardly at all but it's a fair savage beast when you wind it up and starts to overpower most nearly any offensive blade from off the table

Edited by bluebucket - 11/04/2011 at 9:23am
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 9:57am
Keep us posted.

Probably the only thing that could get me to even consider giving up the Virtuoso would be an ALL blade of the same quality.

Lately, people have been talking about Expert's in the "shorter" range. At 157 x 151, I almost wonder if the Expert wouldn't be slower (less catapult) yet more precise on everything from blocks to flat smashes, while giving up some of the mid distance explosiveness.

However, Palatinus making all these blades in different lengths only adds to the confusion when describing the blades properties.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 10:36am
I wonder how small is the Origo... I like the light weight, maybe it's good for close to the table play.  Anyone has achance to play or hlod it in your hand?
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 10:48am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I wonder how small is the Origo... I like the light weight, maybe it's good for close to the table play.  Anyone has achance to play or hlod it in your hand?

Origo is meant more for children and teens.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 12:52pm
which one among these blades are same speed as of TBS? and which one ALC?

expert,virtuoso, virtuoso+, ultimate, musko?
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

I don't know about speed, perhaps virtuoso +, but these blades behave very differently that TBS. They all flex more and vibrate alot. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 1:43pm
I can't say they vibrate a lot. They do have some vibrations but they have a nice, clear feel. They all have the nice catapult feel, which adds to the glue effect of the new generation rubbers. Very nice results overall.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 1:55pm
the major issue i find with wooden blades...(i haven't played a lot many)...  is even though they are little more easier to handle, the ball placements are not as precise as the carbon blades.

is it a wrong impression? 
... you guys played lot many wooden blades than i did. 
vid1
Vid 2
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

I don't know about speed, perhaps virtuoso +, but these blades behave very differently that TBS. They all flex more and vibrate alot. 

Your comparing a composite blade to an all wood blade.  Of course there will be much more vibrations with an all wood blade. 

That said, I think if you try a OSP blade debraj.....try the Expert.  It is not like any wood blade I have ever played. It has very good placement and power, you just have to adjust to the higher throw angle with it. It will also play well with the rubbers you like to use. 

wturber (AZ) has the Expert ST test blade now.  Not sure when he is done with it or who is next on the list as this may have changed since many months ago when I first got it.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 5:11pm
expert sounds good by design... but worried if it is too slow after my 729 F-1. that's why i asked for speed comparison with the standard blades like TBS and ALC. i'm not comparing vibration of wood blade with vibration of composite blade. :)

i will check with wturber... ... where's the list? in which thread?

vid1
Vid 2
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 5:40pm

expert sounds good by design... but worried if it is too slow after my 729 F-1. that's why i asked for speed comparison with the standard blades like TBS and ALC. i'm not comparing vibration of wood blade with vibration of composite blade. :)

i will check with wturber... ... where's the list? in which thread?

Oh...sorry I did not use the quote correctly in the last post.  It was assiduous that mentioned the vibration element and where my comment was directed to.

The Expert blade is something that you have to use and feel before you can understand it.  Like mentioned in that thread on several occasions, it's slow when you want it to be and fast when you need it to be.  It plays pretty dynamic for a wood blade. 

Sorry, I can't give you any comparisons with a TBS, 729 F-1, or other ALC blades because I have never played them. As for the list.....Here is the OSP EXPERT THREAD. 

Edited by Rich215 - 11/04/2011 at 5:42pm
fzolesz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fzolesz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 6:09pm

I don"t think it is a good comparsion,,,in feeling of hardness tbs , the expert is the good choice but in terms of speed rather virtuoso+ and ultimate (if want little more solidness ultimate).....musko is more faster,and harder...
All os osp blades have higher angle than normal blades and good feeling with more bouncy and dwell time as well but this is not vibration this is flexibility and feeling ..it can be a help for unprecise shots i think so.
Try first Expert than v+ ...but ultimate still can be a good choice but this is little more fast and also not so hard feeling,but it has the little lower arc.
Find my and other fans testes in the osp test forum.

One of my teammate has an Ultimate and aTBS as well and he is playing better with Ultimate and with more spin and control than TBS, but he cant make the decision what is better for him... because of brand love stupidness or haven't got a clue why....so he is still an EJ...but my other teammates are satisfied with expert,ultimate and custommade offensive stiga replica

I wish you good luck
;)

Edited by fzolesz - 11/04/2011 at 6:12pm
OSP VIRTUOSO AC (L=159 mm)( Aramid/Carbon)

FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Tenergy 80
Boosted with Falco long

OSP Blades

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by fzolesz fzolesz wrote:

All os osp blades have higher angle than normal blades and good feeling with more bouncy and dwell time as well but this is not vibration this is flexibility and feeling ..it can be a help for unprecise shots i think so.

No, on my blade it is vibration. Especially if you hit off center, it vibrates really hard. The only other blade of the 12 I have that has this kind of vibration is Stiga OC WRB. Stiga is softer and at the same stiffer, but nonetheless it vibrates a lot, and so does my Virtuoso. 

I would actually sell it and quit the club but for some reason the resale value here is ridiculously low. Can't get more than $60 for one in great condition. For that price I will just keep in in the wall. It is, after all, very pretty. But pm me with an $80 offer and it will be on your way next morning.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Originally posted by fzolesz fzolesz wrote:

No, on my blade it is vibration. Especially if you hit off center, it vibrates really hard. The only other blade of the 12 I have that has this kind of vibration is Stiga OC WRB. Stiga is softer and at the same stiffer, but nonetheless it vibrates a lot, and so does my Virtuoso. 

The word "vibration" is mostly used in a negative manner regarding to blades. It often means this unpleasant vibration that gives you false information about the ball. Every blade vibrates to give you some necessary information. If you want no vibration you must play with a floor tile.

I've never had the feeling that my Virtuoso vibrates in this unpleasant way. Only feeling and feedback. But I think it is a lot a matter of personal taste. Some people, who play mostly with stiff carbon blades, would maybe say that it is too much of vibration. Who cares. They can stick to their blade or look for another one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 11:10pm
My Expert doesn't vibrate hardly at all, well it does but it's a vibration with a purpose and a direction, not the haphazard kind of vibration you get on something like Stiga OC. With the expert is just makes a smooth kind of noise like a calming down as is relaxes from the last kick. I find the expert just as fast as a TBS (when and where it needs to be fast) but it's the extreme low gear where you can kill all pace off the ball and extreme speed variation you can easily put on the ball that makes the blade great, that's the main reason why it's a such a good rating improver
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2011 at 12:53am
hey debraj i would say the virtuoso+ is the most similar to tbs but the feeling is better sweet spot the same sizeit has little vibration with excellent feeling with the virtuoso been a bit softer feeling and speed wise no lost with the v+ or virtuoso
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2011 at 1:36am
Actually, V+ doesn't vibrate at all. It is too stiff for that purpose. A blade without feedback is a dead piece of plywood. Of course, professional players may think otherwise.
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2011 at 1:50am
I agree, the V+ has practically no vibration. I find the Ultimate Vibrates but not in a bad way as it is more like feedback. A crisp feedback is probably the best way to describe the Ultimate.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2011 at 2:32am
So if we all were mash out brains together to decided what the next blade in OSP's line should be what would it be like?. For me the only thing obviously missing is a 5.0mm properly allround blade with more flex than the Expert. So it plays exactly like an old worn in Stiga allround.

Another thing I'd like to see them attempt would be a very thin 7 ply, perhaps 5.0-5.2 mm with even LESS bounce than the Expert with a goal of it having the same flex as an expert although the flex kicking at a slightly higher swing speed, with the goal of the 7 plys just being a stronger kick. For me that would be the perfect blade. Same head size as the expert too, if they could make that and knock 5 grams out of the weight so it was 85 grams = perfect. That kind of blade would make Imago weak at the knees :0

Edited by bluebucket - 11/05/2011 at 2:34am
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2011 at 7:43pm
Hi everybody, i am back . i decided to give myself another chance with the virtuoso and after some practice and thinner rubbers(rakza soft 1.8 fh/bh) i start to get the feeling. So i am again a member of the clan. Wonderful lively blade it is once you get used to it.
So the set up is Virtuoso-M / fl (90 gr) Rakza soft 1.8 fh/bh.
I LIKE  IT A LOT.

Clap Clap Clap
Clap
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2011 at 8:32am

the major issue i find with wooden blades...(i haven't played a lot many)...  is even though they are little more easier to handle, the ball placements are not as precise as the carbon blades.

is it a wrong impression? 
... you guys played lot many wooden blades than i did. 

Placements on what type of shots?

Perhaps placement is a little more tricky with the OSP blades for passive blocking (where a more active stroke is required than carbon blades) and both smashing and loopdriving (where the catapult/flex of the blade engages, adds power and spin but also a level of unpredictability for players used to carbon's stiffness)?

However, for serving, pushing and medium speed active topspinning I find OSP's blades placement to be at least the equal of larger sweet spot carbons.

All the marketing talk that manufacturers have pushed about "longer trajectory" has some relevance here; the OSP blades seem to seem to produce a lot of deep placements when you topspin attack with them. I mentioned in the past that the Virtuoso has been the winningest blade I have ever used, and I often wonder if it's because such a large majority of the folks just above my level usually have a strong close to the table block or counterhit. Many of my topspins get close to the endline before dropping and it creates timing issues for those players.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2011 at 7:52am
Any information on Virtuoso+ and how differences to Timo Boll ALC? Would it go well with T05 FH T64 BH? Is it a high throw or low throw blade. Flexy on non? Hard or soft?
Blades: Donic Epox Carbotec AN 78g/ Jonyer Hinoki FL 72g
Rubbers: FH Tenergy 05 Red 2.1mm/Sriver EL 1.8mm
               BH Tenergy 05 Black 2.1mm/Sriver FX 1.5mm  
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 9:35am
whats the price point on these blades...

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 9:46am
60-70 Euros http://ospblades.com/ 
I've given up trying to find a better commercial blade, even among other hand made blades I'm yet to find one as good as the OSP so it's a quite safe buy
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 12:01pm
With the Euro at a historic low, it's a good time to buy.
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.
fzolesz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fzolesz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 8:44am
Because it worth!!! Thumbs Up
OSP VIRTUOSO AC (L=159 mm)( Aramid/Carbon)

FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Tenergy 80
Boosted with Falco long

OSP Blades

mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2011 at 3:38pm
Hi , since i am using a virtuoso-m with rakza soft both sides , i am wondering if anyone has experience playing this blade with markv or markv-gps since i want to quit playing glue-effect rubbers. Or may be with other "classic" europe rubbers like sriver/coppa/vario/mendo etc . Preferably in 2.0 mm
greetings Mepper.
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
SADASAS48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SADASAS48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 10:52am
Hello everyone!

I have read all the posts here and the staff want to request my participation in this clan because yesterday I bought an EXPERT also with OSP ... laughs! it has the following configuration:

EXPERT ALL + / RST / Bh Handle

I thought this setup because I like to play the base of loops & drives (Appelgren / Rosskopf). When I have to defend I turn away from the table and lift balls, or if you are near or at half distance I try to be cool and objective as J-O Waldner.
I usually play with a deeper footprint and with a strong hand wrist as Christophe Legout (but not close completely) than to let loose the racket in my hand ...

I love the sound and feel of old had a Stigas ERIK LINDH CO in 1987 ... I like woods that vibrate and thus have feedback on my hands to control the ball better and think on the next play. This becomes an unrivaled sensation of pleasure while playing table tennis!

So I am in doubt as to the type of rubber to use and would like you to give me their opinions. Here in Brazil we like to use rubber 2.2 mm (MAX) and I like soft rubber as COPPA X3 (silver), Cornilleau Pilot Power, BTY Catapult, TIBHAR Genius Optimum Sound. I realized when the game with two rubber match (For example > COPPA X3) I gain strength in BH but lose speed in Fh ... what I gonna do? A Coppa X3 in Bh and COPPA X1 in the FH? and which thickness (2.0mm or MAX?). I am strongly considering using two rubber COPPA X2 (JO platin silver) MAX just like Mikael Appelgren do!

I promise that once I get my timber to test it and tell you what I found!

hugs!
BLADE: Peter Korbel FL(BTY)
RUBBERS: CORNILLEAU Pilot Power 2.2mm (BH)/ Pilot Advance 2.2mm(FH)
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by mepper59 mepper59 wrote:

Hi , since i am using a virtuoso-m with rakza soft both sides , i am wondering if anyone has experience playing this blade with markv or markv-gps since i want to quit playing glue-effect rubbers. Or may be with other "classic" europe rubbers like sriver/coppa/vario/mendo etc . Preferably in 2.0 mm
greetings Mepper.

mepper.....I have played my Virtuoso-L with Mark V 2.0, CJ8000-light, Rakza soft 2.0 and max, Rakza regular 2.0. 

Currently using Rakza soft 2.0 on both sides because I lost some control with the soft max.  The soft max was very nice mid to long off the table....but harder short table play than the 2.0  The 2.0 soft has much more feel and touch ability for me. 

Using Mark V 2.0 on both sides.....very nice blocking and control hitting, but is was much slower obviously than Rakza's. I lost some of the touch close table play compared to the soft Rakza versions because the Mark V seems slightly more heavy or dense because of the topsheet and sponge.

The CJ8000 swift-light 2.2 was a much lighter feeling and over all weight than the Mark V 2.0, but was nice for service because of the high tack in comparison. 

The Virtuoso- is plenty fast enough for me with the Rakza 2.0 on it for my touch and game play. 

Hope that helps. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic