Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05 Clones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 5:07am
The closest to the T05 that I've used, is the T25.
Sponsored Links

t_retsila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_retsila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 6:53am

I have tried the Vega pro, nittaku hammond beta, H3 neo, barracuda & accuda s1.  To hit with there's not too much adjustment required, and the only place i really noticed they fell short (literally) was as I moved further away from the table, which in my opinion, is where all of the tenergy's really out perform the ESN's etc.

My practice partner pretty much felt the same, but the one thing that really stood out to both of us is how much easier it is to return the ball from pretty much anything other than tenergy.  The high arc, and low kick you get with tenergy really makes it hard for opponents.

As for the variations in tenergy over the last few years, I did notice that my most recent sheets had shrunk a little (about 1mm all around the blade), but I really haven't noticed any reduction in lifespan, or other quality issues.  Maybe we're just lucky in the UK with the batches we've received.
BTY Photino + Tenergy 05fh & 05fx BH

TB ALC + Tenergy 05 both sides
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 9:09pm
adidas P5 is the closest to 05, though tenzone is much much better
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

I tried Acuda S1 coming from T05 and H3, and my shots go into the net. Throw is too low. I would have to mess up all my training to use this rubber, so I went back to the T05. Incidentally, a tuned Moon Pro 37 plays a lot like T05. Didn't require stroke adjustment.

That's what I thought too.  Not the same thing at all.  I found Hexer to be much closer.
My primary paddle is T05 on both sides of TB ALC.  My #2 paddle is also TB ALC, but with Acuda S1 on both sides.  I have no problem switching between paddles with only one or two minutes warm up.  However, that does no make them the same, either.

T05 has more speed and more spin than Acuda S1.  S1 is quite a bit lighter and has more control.  So in match play, I feel like it's easy to return shots with S1 but my T05 shots are more difficult for my opponents to handle. 

I've been thinking about trying S1 Turbo to see if that helps.  And a friend recently talked me into purchasing some Sun, but I don't know when or whether I'll actually try that.
speedspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 6:42am
My experience with T05 and S1 are the same as benfb's.  It seems T05 has more speed than S1 and more trampoline effect.  S1 can be spinny, but perhaps the T05 (or T05 FX) could be spinnier.  S1 works easier for the short, spinny serve than T05.  But with good touch, T05 can generate short, spinny serves too.  It seems that S1 could be better for service receive than T05 because of the greater liveliness of T05's sponge.
Speedspin
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 7:21am
I'm also looking for a T05 substitute.

I saw the Adidas P5 and Tenzone mentioned a couple times.  Has anyone else tried these rubbers??? 

Edited by Swiff - 12/06/2011 at 7:21am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 8:30am
Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

The closest to the T05 that I've used, is the T25.

I like T25 quite a bit myself.  T25FX is even closer, a very nice rubber IMHO.  Sadly, these do not solve the problem of the ridiculous price, which is the only reason most people are looking for a T05 substitute.
freez009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freez009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 8:32am
Ive played with T25 found it really good too. But same price tag =/
Donic Defplay senso
FH: Mark V
BH: Buttefly feint long II
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 9:13am
I took his T25 comment as tongue in cheek
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic