Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best all wood blade????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2011 at 1:19am
It depends what kind of blade you need, there's a few different classes of blade even in the common ones. You have oversized thin blades like theearly HK, OSP expert, even the thin Stigas like the allround Classic, energy wood and OC, the Galaxy W6 is faster and thicker than these but still an oversized blade and similar. They are all good and all a suitable speed for anyone to use with slow rubbers. 

Or you could say the smaller headed harder and thicker blades are the best since they are the style of blade the top 20 pros seem to prefer, blades like the YEO, Rosewoods or Maple wood etc all great blades. 

You have small headed medium thickness blades like the Acoustic, Violin and many of the Joola and Yasaka blades.

Then you have your 7 plys like the clipper and 1000 other almost identical blades or your thin 7 plys like the old time clippers and galaxy M6 these are all high powered blades and maybe more weighty people with a less speedy stroke but have the weight to swing such a weapon all day might like them more than a thin 5 ply. All those are great blades and none are really better overall than another but you need to know which type suit your game and just as importantly which type suits your rubber Beer
Sponsored Links

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2011 at 4:54am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

Korbel

i almost forgot that 1, i really like the korbel
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2011 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

A good all wood blade with good speed, I've heard about Darker
Is that a good one ? or if you have any other suggestions please let me know, specially one that goes well with T05 and 64. thanks in advance
I used to have a Darker 7p2a7t.  I put T05 on FH and it had some vibrations - it still played well but it just had vibrations which I did not have with other rubbers.  with T05 it is also on the heavy side.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2011 at 5:48am
I tested a lot of all-wood blades since 1994, when I started in TT. The best for me:
Cpen - Nittaku Violin C and DHS Hurricane Hao
Shakehand - old Stiga Clipper
Jpen - Nittaku AA
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
eos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2011 at 5:36pm
stiga blades are one of the best if not the best in the market.  only problem i have is the craftmanship of their blades.  it is not refined as butterfly and sometimes, when you peel off your rubber from it.  the ply of the blade chips off.  
bme
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2011 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by eos eos wrote:

stiga blades are one of the best if not the best in the market.  only problem i have is the craftmanship of their blades.  it is not refined as butterfly and sometimes, when you peel off your rubber from it.  the ply of the blade chips off.  

its not because of the quality control. its about the wood plies Wink
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
yylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2011 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Most of the "Hinoki" feel us jpeners get does not transfer to shakehand.  I think it has to do with the grip itself since your fingers arr on the blade face/back and not just the handle plus 8-9mm thick blades are just too thick for most shake hand player who are use to 6-7mm thick blades. 

I agree, and would like to add that the feeling of playing one side (stick only 1 rubber) plays differently compare to both sides with rubbers. The vibration and the feel are different. Out of fun, I will usually stick one side and enjoy few moment of forehand strokes. Love it.

I am thinking of getting a C-pen Speed 90 just for fun.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2011 at 1:47am
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

Korbel

i almost forgot that 1, i really like the korbel

If you like tiny handles, Korbel is the best. This guy has such a big character and such a small hand...
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 9:29am
If you want to go for handmade blades our Virtuoso OFF- is also made of wood :) Not just any wood but premium veneers.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 11:39am
This thread is from 2011
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 2:50pm
btw, is this thread about shakehand blades or penhold ones?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 3:25pm
Donic Appelgren Allplay
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 3:29pm
for me, stiga Infinity VPS, it has got the feeling I was looking for in an all wood blade.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 7:53pm
Since someone else has resurrected this thread, I'll drop in my input.
For me its got to be the Butterfly Grubba. Combined with high spin looping rubbers, the Grubba allows for soft touch shots close to the net and can blow by opponents with a spinny as hell mid distance loop drive. The blade actually reminds me of the Zetro Quad in its playing characteristics. But we're discussing all wood blades.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 7:58pm
Woah there. Im a die hard Xiom fan, and dislike butterfly due to their price hikes, but Grubba is a classic. How do you even....

Sanwei 9 ply carbon 1091 is the best wood blade ever made.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 9:15pm
I would vote for OSP Virtuoso - side by side the Donic Appelgren Allplay - it is just better at many things (more power, better counter loop from far etc..) and equal to the Allplay in control, short game, and defensive aspects... 

Also compared to other classics like Yasaka Extra and P500 - it has a similar feel, but more power, penetration, speed, - and accuracy, spin touch are all just as good or better...

it's very well worth it's price
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2015 at 6:58am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Woah there. Im a die hard Xiom fan, and dislike butterfly due to their price hikes, but Grubba is a classic. How do you even....

Sanwei 9 ply carbon 1091 is the best wood blade ever made.

I like Xiom also and hold no grudges against any company producing the equipment we use. I will probably never again use Butterfly rubber because there are better options out there for me, but their blades, especially the all wood are very affordable.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 5:17am
Adidas Challenge Speed for me. Rosewood V comes far second and also Adidas V1.3
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

I haven't used the latter 2, but I agree with the v1.3. That's one blade I wish I'd kept.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
gemaxed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 11:18am
Carve one yourself from the first tree you find :D lol
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

I haven't used the latter 2, but I agree with the v1.3. That's one blade I wish I'd kept.

I haven't tried Grubba, heard a lot of good things about it. Can you compare it to the V1.3?
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic