FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

dhs pg7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dhs pg7
    Posted: 10/04/2011 at 7:36pm
I just got my dhs pg7.
I remember ejmaster said top ply was limba.
after looking at it I am 90% sure it is koto (I have clipper and timo boll spirit so I have something to compare with).
what do you think?

Edited by sa01 - 10/04/2011 at 7:37pm
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2011 at 4:16am
It must be koto. I will get mine in two or three days and then will know for sure.
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2011 at 5:14am
koto for sure! is DHS dipper 13 nice? compare to YEO or Hhao? thank
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2011 at 5:24am
Di-13 is an amazing blade - thin, fast and powerful. But heavy.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2011 at 9:15am
i didn't say the outer in the pg7 was limba. i said it seems limba. look at my post s*01.

maybe it is koto, but the grain in the pg7 outer is quite different from the grain in the tbs outer.

it can be koto but maybe it is neither koto nor limba.  or the outer has a particular treatment.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/05/2011 at 9:18am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2011 at 11:13am
sa01, can you upload some pictures to share with us ? TQ.
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2011 at 11:38am
can some of you give some reviews about this blade? is it fast? can you compare to some bty blades please? thanks a bunch
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 6:55am
Hello everybody,

i got today two DHS PG7 FL 91g and 91g from eacheng

The Out ply looks like Limba and not Koto

Do you think is it the same Ma Long's Blade?

I'm not so sure

I cannot recognize the red plys

Edited by carmelomaf - 10/08/2011 at 7:36am
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 7:49am
whats his forehand rubber its not H3. the sponge is dark blue

The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love.

Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 7:57am
it's skyline pedramTT
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 9:31am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

Probably they are just dirty. Hopefully mine will also be red-plied. Smile

Looks more koto than limba.

Edited by Imago - 10/08/2011 at 9:31am
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 9:32am
does anyone know what rubber ma long uses for BH? 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

Looks more koto than limba.

mmm...fo me is Limba, for sure no Koto

I had ALC, Spirit, Viscaria

I know Koto ply

Edited by carmelomaf - 10/08/2011 at 10:49am

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 10:47am
in page 43 from the thread pro's equipment there are 2 clear images about Cui Qinglei's blade.

Cui Qinglei's blade is a pg7 without metal tag. It is very clear.

imo ma long's blade is quite close to a pg7. maybe they change the red plies or maybe it is the light or even the seal makes de red plies dark (i notice when i apply) or it can be the use of the blade with the time. the handle is a pg7.

in anycase the thickness and building and moreover the dynamics of ma long's blade fits quite close a pg7.

ma long is lethal with the fh. neither xu xin nor zjk can block well his drive. this is the point about the pg7 because its large head. it can catapult the ball making difficult to block the ball.

on the other side the pg7 is not so solid about blocking control.

and these features are exactly the ones shown by ma long playing with his blade. so the dynamics of the blade is similar to pg7's.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/08/2011 at 11:21am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 10:54am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

in page 43 from the thread pro's equipment there are 2 clear images about Cui Qinglei's blade.

imo ma long's blade is quite close to a pg7. maybe they change the red plies or maybe it is the light or even the seal makes de red plies dark (i notice when i apply) or it can be the use of the blade with the time. the handle is a pg7.

in anycase the thickness and building and moreover the dynamics of ma long's blade fits quite close a pg7.

ma long is lethal with the fh. neither xu xin nor zjk can block well his drive. this is the point about the pg7 because its large head. it can catapult the ball making difficult to block the ball.

and these features are exactly the ones shown by ma long playing with his blade. so the dynamics of the blade are similar to pg7's.

ehi, thanks a lot

yes, what i got is the same blade ;)

I already put the rubbers on it

the first impresion is that the blade has a lot of power

Edited by carmelomaf - 10/08/2011 at 11:06am

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 11:06am
i would add that there is a brown-yellow light effect in that picture about ma longs blade. so the red plys can look darkbrown. it can be clearly seen that the grey part of the handle looks brown in that picture.

there are other ma long blade pictures where the colors are exactly the same as the pg7.

yes the pg7 has power and catapult with the large head what it hurts.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/08/2011 at 11:10am
EJ Club.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 11:08am

i would add that there is a brown-yellow light effect in that picture about ma longs blade. so the red plys can look darkbrown. it can be clarly seen that the grey part of the handle looks brown in that picture.

there are other ma long blade pictures where the colors are exactly the same as the pg7.

now i'm sure that are the same blade

i will test it maybe today or later tomorrow ;)

Edited by carmelomaf - 10/08/2011 at 11:09am

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2011 at 11:50am

and these features are exactly the ones shown by ma long playing with his blade. so the dynamics of the blade is similar to pg7's.

ZHOU yu also plays with tg7
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2011 at 8:50am
The blade has a high pitch which testifies to its being OF++ on the DHS scale. Considering the fact that pg7 is 15 g lighter than Di-13, I would say they are - or should be equally fast. Still pg7 feels a little bit faster in the top gears and combines better with thick rubbers. You can make T05 bottom out with pg7 and produce the typical click of the modern sound rubbers. H3 has more power than T05 when paired with it on pg7.
Outer ply is most certainly Koto. Notice the fine grain structure.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2011 at 9:10am
BTW, my pg7 is 6.6 mm and 87 g (as already mentioned).

And you should seal it otherwise it will fine splinter when detaching the rubber.

Edited by Imago - 10/10/2011 at 9:11am
4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2011 at 10:49pm
by photos  it seems limba.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 12:46am

In the pics above, the fh looks more like limba, the bh more like koto. my guess is that it's limba, because of the density of small, dark, longitudinal grains.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:08am
probably limba.
I thought koto cause the surface is really smooth and limba is not that smooth but after sealing it, it really looks like limba.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 4:27am
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 6:26am
is dhs pg7 better than tbs and why did ma long change his setup

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 2:14pm

Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Compare the Koto of osp528 http://www.tenisnamasa.com/images/tt/blades/osp528.jpg http://www.tenisnamasa.com/images/tt/blades/osp528n.jpg

You've a point there. My statement was based on the look of the koto of my yinhe earth-1, which is quite different.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 2:18pm

Originally posted by i rock i rock wrote:

is dhs pg7 better than tbs and why did ma long change his setup

Given the fact that one has carbon and arylate and the other one is pure wood, they are certainly very different, so which one is better is actually very subjective, I'd say.
Join the Nexy Clan!
i rock View Drop Down
Forum Flooder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 7:19pm
so what is your opinion about dhs pg7 for beginers

Edited by i rock - 10/13/2011 at 7:19pm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by i rock i rock wrote:

so what is your opinion about dhs pg7 for beginers
this is not a blade for beginers at all.
EJ Club.

dungbongban View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dungbongban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 6:57pm
Review DHS PG7 in VietNam. I have used it for 1 month. It good for me. Thanks
Ma Long currently uses a DHS Power PG-7 FL with a DHS Skyline III National Version (blue sponge) (black) for his forehand and a Butterfly Tenergy 05 (red) for his backhand.

Model: OFF+

Ply: 7 Full Wood

Weight: around 89±3g

Thickness: around 6.3±0.2mm

Type:Attack Plus Loop

Handle: Penhold (short) / shakehand (FL) / shakehand (ST)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic