Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

110 years old tabletennis racket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dreamer21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 110 years old tabletennis racket
    Posted: 10/19/2011 at 3:48am
110 years old tabletennis racketSmile
Sponsored Links

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 7:15am
table "tennis"
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 7:20am
Put some sheets of T05 on there, see how it plays Big smile
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 3:19pm
OMG NO!! I hope you where kidding about putting rubber on it. From an historical perspective that set is rare and should go into a museum. The Tamasu Butterfly Museum in Tokyo would be thrilled to get that set. Please no alterations or you will completely destroy a part of history!

Edited by frogger - 10/19/2011 at 3:21pm
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 3:43pm
I am going to go out on a limb and say he was joking. Why would anyone ever used Tenergy 05 on a blade like that. You would be much better off with Tenergy 64. Har har...
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 5:44pm
well, those are vellum rackets and don't have a blade at all.  The vellum is stretched across a frame much like the way the playing surface of a drum might be.  Note the script text, "Real Vellum."

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Put some sheets of T05 on there, see how it plays Big smile
Ha ha ha ...

artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:09pm
I think that's much fun to play with this blades, whoops- rackets .
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

OMG NO!! I hope you where kidding about putting rubber on it. From an historical perspective that set is rare and should go into a museum. The Tamasu Butterfly Museum in Tokyo would be thrilled to get that set. Please no alterations or you will completely destroy a part of history!

Yes I was most certainly joking Big smileLOLLOL
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Yes I was most certainly joking Big smileLOLLOL

LOL.
We know that you joking.
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 4:08pm
Les Sayre of the Paddle Palace has a collection of old paddles.   I don't know if any are as old as the ones shown above but some are very old and shaped in a similar way. I remember one has a knob on the end to keep it from sliding between the fingers.   I was allowed bounce a ball on it.   The wood was very dead compared to modern blades.   I have e-mail the Paddle Palace about taking pictures and posting them on their web site to get extra hits. They liked the idea but getting web site work done costs $.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 4:25pm
andrewcheng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewcheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 11:34pm
I think when these existed, the game wasn't even called table tennis, it was called something like "wiff waff" due to all the noise it produced. very cool find nonetheless!
Detailed table tennis table reviews.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2011 at 12:24am
What's the weight? Any dings? PMed you!!

How much to shop to California?

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 6:56pm
Here is another old TT set. It should be about 70-75 years old (I don't know for the Olympia Schildkröte ball though):

Edited by Ray - 03/01/2012 at 7:13pm
Mike7381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike7381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 11:42pm
Wow, keep it for another 100 years, I bet it will worth a bunch.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Mike7381 Mike7381 wrote:

Wow, keep it for another 100 years, I bet it will worth a bunch.

I will, thanks. And I bet you'll never know how much it will worth in 100 years.
Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 3:28pm

On curb day in my neighborhood I was driving around looking for curb treasures and in a soggy little box I found a set of rackets that grabbed my attention. There were some interesting characteristics that made me wonder about their age, because some of the designs seemed so outdated. They were much heavier and bulkier than modern blades, the handles were covered with a pleather grip tape and the head was covered with sponged rubber with green/green and red/red. Each one had a ribbon of side tape of the respective colour hanging off of it that had come off from water damage. I'll try to upload pictures later just to see how old you guys may think they are. I highly doubt they have any real value or collectible interest, but they are still interesting to keep around and look at.

I have another one that came from my late great grandmother's house in a boxed game set from God knows how long ago. It's a toy but another interesting racket to look at. The handle almost looks like an octagon and is nailed to the head with a small, feeble nail. The head is a composite wood with a marbled design on both sides. I'm guessing it'll be much easier to guess the age of this because it has the original box as a point of reference, so I'll see if I can upload a pic of this too just out of curiosity's sake. 
Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Cho! Cho! wrote:

On curb day in my neighborhood I was driving around looking for curb treasures and in a soggy little box I found a set of rackets that grabbed my attention. There were some interesting characteristics that made me wonder about their age, because some of the designs seemed so outdated. They were much heavier and bulkier than modern blades, the handles were covered with a pleather grip tape and the head was covered with sponged rubber with green/green and red/red. Each one had a ribbon of side tape of the respective colour hanging off of it that had come off from water damage. I'll try to upload pictures later just to see how old you guys may think they are. I highly doubt they have any real value or collectible interest, but they are still interesting to keep around and look at.

I have another one that came from my late great grandmother's house in a boxed game set from God knows how long ago. It's a toy but another interesting racket to look at. The handle almost looks like an octagon and is nailed to the head with a small, feeble nail. The head is a composite wood with a marbled design on both sides. I'm guessing it'll be much easier to guess the age of this because it has the original box as a point of reference, so I'll see if I can upload a pic of this too just out of curiosity's sake. 

Oh Yes Please I would love to see them
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic