Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Womens world cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ashes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Womens world cup
    Posted: 10/29/2011 at 5:52am
Does anyone have videos from this competition? It started on Friday but I see no videos so far. Ittf has no recordings... I hope we will at least see the semis and finals. 
Blade: YEO FH: H3P BH: Pryde 40
Sponsored Links

TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2011 at 6:54am
it's on right now on ittv, also on cctv5

lol Wang Yuegu up 2-0 on Li Xiaoxia,  Shishi Hao (sp?) must be feeling more pressure than Li Xiaoxia if they lose to Singapore again LOL

and I am happy and relieved that they don't have that really annoying commentator doing this tournament even though he resides in Singapore!Big smile

Edited by TTNoobie - 10/29/2011 at 6:59am
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2011 at 2:25am
its live now on ITTV as well. Feng Tianwei vs. Tie Yana, final round, I believe.

My favorite contender Ding Ning is out Cry even LXX is out Cry
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2011 at 2:44am
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

its live now on ITTV as well. Feng Tianwei vs. Tie Yana, final round, I believe.

No, it's the 3rd place match.  The championship is between Ding Ning and LXX.  Ding Ning beat Feng Tianwei 4-1 and LXX beat Tie Yana 4-2 in the semifinals.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2011 at 2:46am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

No, it's the 3rd place match.  The championship is between Ding Ning and LXX.  Ding Ning beat Feng Tianwei 4-1 and LXX beat Tie Yana 4-2 in the semifinals.

oh, is that right, my bad then. I turned it on during the match. Didn't even check the main draw. I am happy then :)) thanks for the clarification
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2011 at 3:44am
Ding Ning won!
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2011 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Ding Ning won!
She just needs one more win, Olympic Gold in singles, to be the next woman with a Grand Slam.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by TheRobot99 TheRobot99 wrote:

Ding Ning won!
She just needs one more win, Olympic Gold in singles, to be the next woman with a Grand Slam.

This girl really knows how to play well when it counts. Unless there's an injury or sickness, 99% she's going to London. And it would be hard to not let her play singles...
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 12:39am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

This girl really knows how to play well when it counts. Unless there's an injury or sickness, 99% she's going to London. And it would be hard to not let her play singles...

If they decide to nominate Ding Ning for singles, that would mean that either Li Xiaoxia or Guo Yan would have to be left out altogether (both for singles and for the team event). So who'd be the third player - Liu Shiwen, Guo Yue? Not so obvious.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 1:22am
They would really want Guo Yue to go as the 3rd player since Guo Yue/Li Xiaoxia has been almost undefeated in doubles. Li Xiaoxia would almost definitely be going since she rarely loses to foreign players. Liu Shiwen doesn't really have a chance at all, due to her not performing well since the 2010 Moscow Team competition. So the decision would be probably whether to send Guo Yan or Ding Ning as the 2nd player. If I were the coach I would send Ding Ning, because she's just much younger and this would train her for the future 2016 Olympics where she would really shine.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 10:54am

So the decision would be probably whether to send Guo Yan or Ding Ning as the 2nd player. If I were the coach I would send Ding Ning, because she's just much younger and this would train her for the future 2016 Olympics where she would really shine.

Now would that be fair to Guo Yan, who has not yet played at the Olympics and who will certainly not continue until 2016? By ITTF rules she is pre-qualified and not Ding Ning.

I don't see them sending Guo Yue just for her doubles prowess; in the team event she would also have to play one singles match, and she has been very shaky for a while now.

Well, I guess we won't find out until after the 2012 Worlds.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

If they decide to nominate Ding Ning for singles, that would mean that either Li Xiaoxia or Guo Yan would have to be left out altogether (both for singles and for the team event). So who'd be the third player - Liu Shiwen, Guo Yue? Not so obvious.

You're quite right about the rules. The current 2 players are on the roster to play singles. If whoever on that roster gets replaced, he/she won't be able to play teams, either. So I guess if they don't trust Liu SW and Guo Yue enough, they'll just keep Guo Yan and let Ding play teams only...

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 8:07pm
Now would that be fair to Guo Yan, who has not yet played at the Olympics and who will certainly not continue until 2016? By ITTF rules she is pre-qualified and not Ding Ning.
======================================================

List of players who have qualified so far.  (Li Xiaoxia and Guo Yan are prequalified, not Ding Ning.)

Edited by skip3119 - 10/31/2011 at 8:29pm
skip3119
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 12:25am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

======================================================

List of players who have qualified so far.  (Li Xiaoxia and Guo Yan are prequalified, not Ding Ning.)

The roster can be changed. They have up until May 2012 to do that, I think. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 10:34am
For singles event: 

Do they have a rule to put two players from the same country - one in top half and one in bottom half?
skip3119
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 12:11pm

For singles event: 

Do they have a rule to put two players from the same country - one in top half and one in bottom half?

I don't know. I think they tried that kind of BS on doubles before..
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 3:28pm

For singles event: 

Normally they would have to go by seeding regardless of nationality. If one of the Chinese is #1 in the world ranking and the other is #2, they should go into oppositive halves and can't meet before the final. I suppose the June or July 2012 ranking should determine the seeding.

By the way, Ding Ning is now world #1 for the first time, what a year for her!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 12:33am
By the way, Ding Ning is now world #1 for the first time, what a year for her!
========================================================

Yes, both ITTF and Rating's Central rank Ding Ning as #1 in the world.
skip3119
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2011 at 9:54am
[Playlist] 2011 Volkswagen Women´s World Cup (chinese version)

##  3rd Place Match & Final  ##
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic