Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone tried joola samba plus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ping gog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ping gog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone tried joola samba plus
    Posted: 11/13/2011 at 10:32am
has anyone tried the joola samba plus yet any reviews is it a good rubber
ping gog
Sponsored Links

Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2011 at 12:37pm
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2011 at 6:17pm

yes tried it with an adidas challenge speed blade.

joola samba +

thickness: 2.2mm
Degrees: if basing on a dhs hardness scale this would be 36 degrees and is considered soft.

the original samba was made in Japan. the samba+ is made in germany and is an ESN rubber. on intial testing the rubber and sponge was very soft but i was surprised to see that it was very bouncy and lively for a soft rubber. on a fh-fh and bh-bh drive drills, the rubber felt awesome and the sound was loud. people who love to whack and enjoy a great deal of sound from their rubbers would choose this. this rubber is built for players who hits through the sponge. i didnt feel any bottoming out on my smashes and spin drives. i say the speed is in the level of hexer or acuda s1 but with a softer feel. a friend of mine who loves sinus alpha said that its as soft as sinus sound but faster than his genius optimum+ rubbers. he is the type of person who can smash underspin balls at a low height because it is his speciality and i saw him having no difficulty doing this with the samba+ and he says its even better than his tibhar sinus alpha
the spin is above average. its not as spinny as acuda s2 or s3 especially but spinny enough and also depending on the stroke that you use. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic