Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Calix Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2011 at 5:37am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Just one comment.

In Korea, we have a machine to calulate the speed of a blade.
And Calix seems to have the widest gap between slow shots and fast shots.

By the way, is there any person who can show pictures taken by himself?

Yeah, I received my blade Nexy Calix this week and I will post my own review with T05 2.1mm with pictures soon. I think the review will be very useful for the forumers. Smile
Sponsored Links

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2011 at 7:52pm
As requested Nexy; here are some pictures taken after I removed 2mm Blitz, from the Calix tonight.

I aim to put red 2mm Xiom Vega Pro and black 2mm Xiom Vega Europe on the blade; ready for testing in the next few days.

Calix on top of its box

p.s  I thought 2mm Blitz played well on the Calix and so did three clubmates too.

I plan on writing a full review, after testing the blade, with Vega Pro and Vega Europe.

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 12:31am
Tester : Attacking chopper, rated 2208.
Blades I like : Violin, Lissom, Defplay Senso, Ludeak.
Test setup : Calix, Xiom Vega Asia Max, TSP P3 alpha R.
Tested for 1 matches with 2250+ junior(Tong Tong Gong)

Rubbers won't stick with first gluing. 2nd time - ok, no problem.
Serve and short game - nothing fancy. Just like other blades.
High speed shots - bends and kicked like Defplay Senso. Modern defenders with good chopping technique and like to attack a lot will like it. Choppers who like slow blades and play steady chopping game(3 ply willow wood) such as Defense 2 and Willtria will not like it. Over all speed is faster than Defplay Senso. 
Defplay Senso is unique in the way that when chopping, it bends to absorb and take some speed of. When looping, it bends then kicks to add some speed. Calix has this feeling. I have tried ~20 blades in the past 2-3 years and Defplay is the only one with this feeling so far until I tried Calix.
Looping with Calix reminded me of Rutis, also thin carbon blade. Bends with some vibration when hit/loop hard.
Doesn't feel like true carbon OFF+ blades like Schlager carbon or Primorac carbon. Calix is softer with more flex.

Will play more and add more info here.

www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 1:55am
I got my Calix today. Quite a nice blade and fit and finish is quite good, excellent actually. Weight is 85 grams and the blade feels quite balanced. Flared handle is quite comfortable and even more so after putting on my handle grip. I must comment on the graphics, that while interesting, it is not my cup of tea. It is ok but I would have preferred a more minimalistic design like Spartacus, however this would not be a deterrant  to purchase if I really wanted one.

Weight: 85 grams
Speed:  OFF-
Elasticity: Flex
Surface Feel: Hard
Throw: Medium to medium low

Rubbers using: Donic Desto F3 BS backhand, Calibra LT Sound/Nittaku Hammond ProB 2.1 forehand. I had no problem attaching rubbers to this blade.

Initial impressions during a 20 minute workout with this blade was quite positive. The blade is hard in feeling but nowhere as hard as I thought it would have been (Thank goodness). Very natural feeling with very minimal vibration, just enough to give a nice feedback. At 5 mm thick you would expect a bit of flex and there is while being stiff at the same time. This blade is what you could call a very neutral feeling blade as it does everything quite well while not calling attention to itself.

I have spent the last 4 days with this blade and I must confess I have been having a lot of rubber issues trying to find the right rubbers as my initial setup just was not cutting it. By the second day I change to Stiga Magna TC II Max forehand/Stiga Magna TS II 2.0 backhand, both new I must add. Voila!!! much better.

Loop/Loop Drives:  Slow loops spinny with a nice kick, Loop Drive are hard and fast with loads of spin. Loop variations are pretty easy. Loops and Drives a few feet off or further from the table are quite fast with lots of power. The blade does seem most comfortable a few feet or so from the table where the flex and kick does come into play and consistently land.  Near or at the table I had to be a bit more careful in my attacking play as the flex does cause some non linear issues. Again a few more sessions with this setup and I should be OK. The biggest surprise for me is how much better my backhand has become using this blade paired with the Magna TS II. Backhand flat hits are real fast and it loops like a dream. I know, equipment changes should not make huge differences in how you play and maybe under different circumstances I would agree. Is the Calix a magic wand? Yes! when it comes to my backhand it is.

Blocks: Calix blocks like a dream. Maybe it is a combination of rubber and blade. No problem here very good.

Flicks: Very Good. I have been practicing this shot for a few months now and with the Calix this shot feels natural and quite easy to do with eigther backhand or forehand and I am able to vary the length easy enough.

Push/Short Game: A bit of a mixed bag. Pushing is good long or short with good back spin. I did have quite a lot of balls popping up out of the blue which my practice partner killed instantly. This was a real surprise to me and quite unexpected and at this point I am not sure what is causing this. Is it me needing more time with Calix or the blade itself. I am not sure but will update at a later date.

Serves: Very Good. It does exactly what you want it to do.

I have had a few Nexy Blades within the last year, Sahara an early version that was just too stiff, very hard, lacked feeling and very fast, way too fast for me. Spartacus, a real nice blade and quite opposite to Sahara but just did not suit my style of play. Calix on the other hand lies somewhere between both. Calix is hard without the hard carbon feel, tons of feel, stiff with a bit of flex, lots of gears, fast when you need it with a lot of control. If I had to give this blade one negative it would be the lack of dwell but then again the right choice of rubbers would take care of that. Top marks for Calix would be how it feels in my hand which is extremely balanced and unobstrusive with a great handle design and being 5mm thick it is indeed a quick highly manouverable attacking blade. Even higher marks would go to how you feel the ball without the vibration, very, very different. After 4 days none of my other Carbon blades feels the same. I really do like this blade!!!  Nexy/Mr Moon has done an excellent job with this blade. The design and choice of materials have really gelled to create a great blade called Calix.

Out of the box Calix feels tight/unbroken to me. For those of you who will be using Calix as your main setup or for an extended period of time hold on to your shorts. I have a feeling when this baby is broken in it is going to be a beast.

Edited by Carryboy - 12/03/2011 at 7:20pm
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 3:25pm
well I played with calix this evening, I had tenergy 05 on fh and blitz on bh.
This is a strange blade to rate indeed,It has so many gears,
I find that tenergy and mahagoni is not a good combination,Just as with aratox rs it is very hard to hit a ball, Looping with mahagoni is super but to finish a point of with a good smash is rubbish with tenergy on mahagoni in my opinion. I have to search for an other fh rubber which is not bad because tenergy is getting to expensive anyway

Nexy calix review ,first time playing with it

Well i glued up my rubbers and just as with the aratox rs I found it not so easy as with other blades,I think it is the mahagoni wood our is it me our is it because of the used rubbers? Anyhow the rubbers kept on curling back, so just as with the aratox I used a heavy pile of books to keep them on, I glued hundreds of rubbers onall kind of blades and this curling only happens with the mahagoni blades ,
Just a little bit anoying that's all Smile

I put tenergy 05 on FH and Blitz on BH
Feel is very solid, a little bit head heavy I think, The handle feels good but I have to get used to itsince the senso handle from donic is more oval shaped which I like and this is more squarish,
It feels a bit strange to me to because the logo comes out of the handle and is not even with the wood. Have to get used to that.

Speed is off but it has multiple gears, It can be very slow to, So I must agree with Nexy,it is hard to rate, still it can be very fast so off it is.
It is faster then violin, Waldner senso carbon, stadiavarius

It is very flexible and thin and still stiff, Handle is ok but I like it to be more round instead of squarish

Touch shots are very easy to perform , I  could keep the bal very low.and place them behind the net without any problem just like with aratox rs, much better feel then TBS, a little bit more bounce then with the Spartacus  violin and the waldner senso carbon but still good to perform

Throw angle is low to medium. Blitz goes lower over the net then with Sparatacus , TBS and Waldner senso carbon and violin

Pushing is very easy with the calix, especialy with the blitz on my bh, with tenergy I had more problems keeping it low. Mahagoni bounces/kicks a lot i noticed from both aratox rs and the calix which makes the tenergy more springy with pushing ,you have to go in very deep so that costs more effort to especialy since I am a close to table player, I recon players who play away from the table have benefits from this, especialy choppers
Violin Spartacus and WSC  are  easier to control simple becauseof their lowerspeed

Chopping went very good , also because I could get out speed of my opponents balls very well
I think it is a great blade for atacking long pips players and choppers who like to attack and I am not even one of these so that shpuld say enough.
It is because of the control you have over speed, both fast and slow, the more effort you put in to it the faster it goes,
Same here , easierto do for second line players

Blocking was really fast as a rocket and spot on with the blitz, With tenergy the ball went higher.
I liked the blocking a lot. much faster then with my wsc and lower throw then with the aratox which is more springier  so less controlable then calix,

Looping, went good and with lots of spin in it, more then with my wsc and aratox but I had to put in a lot more effort for a fast loop, I did not like that, strange thing is that my tenergy was much slower then my blitz on this blade,very strange feeling. I think that with an other rubber then tenergy ,maybe a little softer and slower this can be a looping monster.

Smashing, as said not good for me ,no feeling at all with the tenergy, Maybe another rubber will work better on the mahagoni,then it is a perfect blade for many games and playstyles

Overall I must say I am impressed with this blade, I would say if you are a close to table player like me do not put on to fast of a rubber since then it is harder to control.
This is totaly different from spartacus, spartacus is a great allround blade for many players , this one is much faster in my opinion and needs much more practise but then it is very leathal

I am off to bed now, these are my first impressions, more to come,It is picky in his rubbers I think and it is a blade with wich you have to practise a lot to get to his full potential, maybe because of this blade I a m going to try some long atacking pips Smile,

Edited by elmo51 - 11/30/2011 at 1:18am
set up: Donic WSC

fh Cornileau target Pro GT H47

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 12:54am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

The test Calix (and my new Lissom) have arrived. Unfortunately, I'm out of town for the whole week, therefore I will only be able to collect them next Monday. I will then start testing the Calix next week and report here.

@Nexy, thank you again for selecting me as tester: I'll do my best to write a fair review. I'd love to know more about the blade-testing machine. Is there any description or pictures on the internet?
When you say "Calix seems to have the widest gap between slow shots and fast shots", do you mean among all Nexy blades, or among all blades you tested, including other brands?

Of course including all the blades ever existed on earth from the time since people started to play table tennis.

Edited by Nexy - 11/30/2011 at 12:55am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 12:58am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Tester : Attacking chopper, rated 2208.
Blades I like : Violin, Lissom, Defplay Senso, Ludeak.
Test setup : Calix, Xiom Vega Asia Max, TSP P3 alpha R.
Tested for 1 matches with 2250+ junior(Tong Tong Gong)

Rubbers won't stick with first gluing. 2nd time - ok, no problem.
Serve and short game - nothing fancy. Just like other blades.
High speed shots - bends and kicked like Defplay Senso. Modern defenders with good chopping technique and like to attack a lot will like it. Choppers who like slow blades and play steady chopping game(3 ply willow wood) such as Defense 2 and Willtria will not like it. Over all speed is faster than Defplay Senso. 
Defplay Senso is unique in the way that when chopping, it bends to absorb and take some speed of. When looping, it bends then kicks to add some speed. Calix has this feeling. I have tried ~20 blades in the past 2-3 years and Defplay is the only one with this feeling so far until I tried Calix.
Looping with Calix reminded me of Rutis, also thin carbon blade. Bends with some vibration when hit/loop hard.
Doesn't feel like true carbon OFF+ blades like Schlager carbon or Primorac carbon. Calix is softer with more flex.

Will play more and add more info here.

This is very important imformation.
Calix has veryslippery surface, and needs more glue than normal blades.
So, if any tester feels that Calix is not the same on each shot, then, please, take off the rubber, and glue it again. Specially recent rubbers seem to need extra glue these days.

Brand Manager of NEXY
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 1:06am
Maybe I should reglue my tenergy then since it is not always even fast,lets see what kolevtt says about his tenergy on the calix

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 7:10am
Review of the new blade Nexy Calix from Petar Kolev, professional table-tennis coach from Bulgaria.
The first that I noticed when I opened the nice box was the great finished handle. I felt I hold a blade which is wrapped in silk.
About the construction of the blade it is very thin - 5.0 mm and very light - the mine (FL) is around 85gr(+/- 2gr).
The middle ply is from the great tropical wood named abachi, I think and I suppose also it is backed. May be Nexy used same as the Termo Tec technology for preparing the middle ply. It makes the middle ply more harder. The next plies are some kind of carbon, again thin ply of abachi, but not baked I think, because it is more lighter than the ply in the middle. And the outer plies are ...some matherial looking as mahogany wood, but these two plies are extremely thin. So - we have a 5.0mm blade with 7 plies and 85 grams, combined with a two carbon layers, two mahogany layers and three abachi layers, but the one in the middle is baked! Genius!
What about the playing skills of the Nexy Calix?
I combined the blade with T05 2.1mm, the balance (centre of the weight) of this combination is little more in the head than in the middle as I like, but I made it only to test the blade. It is normal the balance of so thin blade with max thickness heavy rubbers do not be in the middle. May be if I have 1.9mm of Tenergy rubbers the centre of the weight will be in the middle of the racket. But the good news are that you can buy the most heavy rubbers as T05 and to put on this blade without any problem, without discomfort.
When I played with this combination about a hour I made some conclusions:
- The speed of this blade is OFF to OFF+. Nexy Calix is purely offensive blade. With fast rubbers as T05 it is also one step to Off+. I tried looping against very strong backspin from DHS pips out rubber and when I tried to hit strongly the ball some times I send it out of the table more than 10 sm far of the end line. This is impressive! I don't play table tennis from yesterday, but Nexy Calix made me confused :) I was really surprised, for second time after testing the Sahara blade.
It seems Nexy is looking to be one of the most innovative company for the next years.
- Thin blade with great power. The drive strokes are pretty fast.
- The serving is great - I push a short balls to the net without any problem also with lot of spin.
- The returning near the net is little hardly, it requires high level caution and concentration, because the blade has high rebound with these rubbers.
-  About blocking I think this is the hidden addvantage of this blade. Very solid and stable, it is a pleasure to return looping of my partners.
- About cutting and chopping far of the table it is also very good.
I wont be surprised if I see somebody combined player with this blade.
Also you can make with sure Nexy Calix an Off + blade if you put Stiga Boost rubbers or other at the same level.
As final conclusion I will offer this blade for those who is looking to develop his game with a light and fast blade with middle-hard feeling and explosive power, which is appropriate for all kind of tt strokes with the concrete rubbers. The handle is not wide, so it can be suitable for a woman's and children's hands. But I will be careful if I do this. Surely I will choose more softer and slowly rubbers for them. The innovative technology and еxcellent workmanship can not go unnoticed.
Nexy Calix is a jewel.
In other case Nexy Calix will get one of the greatest place in every table tennis fan collection.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 7:18am

elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 7:30am
Seems like we think about the same over the calix kolevtt. What would be a good fh rubber instead of tenergy 05 when you play close to the table? Its to hard to handle elseway because of the bounciness.
Also hitting is difficult but I like the blade a lot

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 8:42am
I have very soft rubber on Calix - I did not try harder rubber as I am very happy with the soft setup. I can really recommend both Calibra sound and Tibhar Aurus soft.

@Elmo51: Smashes worked really well with those rubbers - if you have a chance, try out one of those

P.S.: Don't know why, but lots of people come looking at Calix and play a few strokes. Never had that with my other blades before. Today one pretty good player went so far as to write down the brand name

Edited by harldhzx - 11/30/2011 at 8:45am
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 7:20pm
KolevTT

The Calix has a Kiri Core; which can be identified by the diagonal striations in it's grain, (see pictures below).

Kiri is ideal choice for a core, in blades with carbon layers and Nexy has used Kiri before for another of his blades; i.e. the Hannibal.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 4:39am
Thanks Peter C, I will know.
I just saw my own blade which has little different line style in the central layer.
For a pity, I have no enough good camera to show you my blade in details. But I will keep your clarification.

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 4:47am
is this going to be like YEO7 but thinner? 5mm 7ply, makes me wondering how it feels
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 5:12am
Slightly OT, but what wood is used for the Lissom core layer(s)?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 6:35am
Peter C, Thank you for the nice guess.
Yes, the center wood is kiri.
But Hannibal's center wood is not Kiri.

Brand Manager of NEXY
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 7:08am
Actually this build is more comparable with nine ply wood blades. A thin woodlayer is more comparable with uni-directional carbon then with a woven carbon layer. Wood has not much pullstrength perpendicular to graindirection comparable with unidirectional carbon which only has the epoxy strength for that direction.
With other woodlayers layers flanking it right-angled this strength becomes more or less insignificant.

It also shows from the core ; typical 7-plies have the grain for the middlelayer running widthwise to the blade and most cases it,s a thinner layer otherwise the blade can become too weak (or has to be made thicker and stiffer). This Calix and most other 5+2 blades with weave layers has the core lengthwise similar to five ply or (seldom for woodblades) nine ply but perpendicular to most seven plies. Because this is a relatively thick and central layer it influences the character of blades a lot.
It therefor can have more similarity with five ply wooden blades then with seven plies except for the higher amount of crossbindings that make it somewhat more stable and have less residual vibration.
In my experience (which not that much with seven plies) the character difference from this is mostly in the ease with the seven ply build to keep the throwangle low for counterattack closer to the table without the much harder feel or much faster speed that carbon offers. A faster speed makes the throw lower but also longer and to high or too long throw has same result ; the ball doesn,t hit the table.

wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 12:11am
received the calix the other day...

Setup: Calix FL 85g
FH: T05 2.1mm
BH: Cornilleau Pilot Advance 2.0mm 

**will edit this after a week of play with the calix, initial impressions are positive.. I think this will be my main blade now.. Im an allwood blade lover, tried to shift to carbon blades but ended up going back with my allwood blade..  

mercuur explanation with the blade construction hit what Im feeling with the calix.. it feels like a 5ply, good vibration but feels more solid. IM LOVING IT.

Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 1:07am
For those of you who are interested I have started my review on Calix which can be seen on page 2.

What can I say, a wonderful blade, two thumbs up!!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 2:35am

I want to make a switch to it to but i need a soft rubber for the fh, Tried that out and then spin is great but hitting with a softer sponge is much easier then with for instance tenergy wchisisnt even the hardest sponge out there.

Any suggestions? I tried blitz max but I found it quite fast for close to table play on the FH so I am looking for a good spin/hit rubber with a soft sponge which is less fast, Maybe I should tru palio macro era in 1.8mm?.

Edited by elmo51 - 12/03/2011 at 2:38am

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 5:14am
I think Tibhar Auris soft or Imperial Factor on Calix will be great combination. Andro Hexer the new version which is really soft also will be acceptable. I will try to give you more info about these rubbers on Calix the next week.
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 7:10am
where can I find this imperial rubber? did a search on google but I could not find it.
thanks

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 7:47am
Please copy and paste the link below:
http://www.schuett-sport.de/Tischtennis/Neuheiten/Imperial/IMPERIAL-Factor.html
It is only in german language.
Mr.Schuett has own brand only for blades, which are very interesting.
You can look at this main page list with articles.
In this site you can find also lot of other sport equipment.

Edited by kolevtt - 12/03/2011 at 7:54am
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 7:52pm
I got back home and I found the Calix, which was waiting for me since a week. I am impressed by it's build quality: this is a really well finished blade, almost on par with the finishing of high-end blades by Nittaku.
I am going to test it this week with Xiom Vega Pro and Nittaku Hi-Super Drive, the same rubbers I have been playing on my Lissom for 9 months now.
For now, I have measured resonance frequency at the ball bounce test. It's 1310 Hz, which is higher than Lissom (1180Hz) and about in the same range as Nexy Color, OSP Virtuoso, and Nittaku Acoustic and Tenor, which is pretty interesting for me. I expect the outer layer to be a nice middle hardness: not too soft and not too hard. In comparison, the other carbon blades I played with all were in the 1550-1650Hz, which hints at much harder feel blades.

Stay tuned for the real review, coming soon.

PS: If you wonder how I measured the frequency, it's actually very easy: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38419
Join the Nexy Clan!
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2011 at 6:44pm
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2011 at 8:13pm
If anyone would like to pass the Calix on please PM me. I would really like to try this amazing looking blade out : ) ill pay shipping n such no problem
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2011 at 6:01pm
I've played a few times with Calix this week, probably enough to write a review and compare it with Lissom. So stay tuned, I'll report in a few days.

For the impatient: Calix is as controlled as Lissom at low speed, has a faster top speed, crisper feel, and a lower throw. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered a second Lissom...
Join the Nexy Clan!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2011 at 4:51am
You will surely find someone who likes Lissom like you.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 6:15am
Aren't there any more (detailed) reviewers yet for this fantastic blade.
I did not get the chance myself to test it again since I have the flu for a couple of weeks already. 
I think I am going to play with it this season

Edited by elmo51 - 12/15/2011 at 6:20am

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic