Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liu ShiWen Innerfiber ZLF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pinky1992 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinky1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liu ShiWen Innerfiber ZLF
    Posted: 12/08/2011 at 12:53pm
Hi is the Liu Shiwen unnerfiber ZLF the same as blade as the Innerforce ZLF.. And what are the stats for the Liu Shiwen unnerfiber ZLF??
Sponsored Links

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 2:00pm
Same exact blade but the Liu Shiwen has a slightly thicker handle, and thus a higher average weight.

Check out butterfly.co.jp for the stats.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 3:13pm
I bought it as a backup to my IF ZLF thinking that it was the exact same blade.  It's 1.5g lighter, handle feels mostly the same, seems to be the same composition, thickness, etc.

But to me, it feels WAY FASTER...had just as much speed as the IF ZLC (or more) but still more flexible like the IF ZLF.  So much speed that I had to buy another IF ZLF as a backup instead.  It might be okay when I get to 2000.  My guess is that maybe BTY used different glue between the plies or the 2nd ply is a different wood.

Edited by eonblue - 12/08/2011 at 3:23pm
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 3:45pm
wow, glue matter a lot then? 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 3:50pm
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Since Liu Shiwen was using the IF ZLF before BTY made the Liu Shiwen blade, I figured it was a re-packaged IF ZLF. BTY does state that the handle is thicker and the blade weighs more on average, so some handle and weight variations are not surprising. But the fact that its noticeably faster is unexpected. Maybe that's why Koki Niwa was able to use it during the Junior World Championships. He was using mostly ZLC blades before that, and to me the BTY ZLF blades don't seem to be powerful enough away from the table for a world class pro. (Liu Shiwen rarely goes back that far.)

pinky1992 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinky1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 5:43pm
whats the suppose weight for the liu shiwen blade then? coz my 1 seems ever soo light 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 5:44pm
88g average.
Moka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 10:23am
I want to buy this blade but eonblue said that the liu shiwen is fast as an IF ZLC.
Can you tell me more about the control, and the speed compare to an ALC?
What is the composition of the blade? (limba ayous like the IF ZLF?)

Thank you
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 11:20am
Hello and welcome to the forums!

Please keep all equipment related discussion in the Equipment Forum.

Moved as a one time courtesy!

also:

Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

wow, glue matter a lot then? 

believe it or not, glue type, method and amount, perhaps even more than wood type, influences the speed and stiffness/elasticity of blade.

It's often why you can have two blades with very similar construction that play in totally different speed classes.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
pinky1992 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinky1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 4:54pm
do they both have good dwell time,,  r they the same??
pinky1992 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinky1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 5:35pm
plus could i used xiom vega europe for my backhand for this blade,, or would the combo be tooo soft?
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2011 at 8:20am
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

I bought it as a backup to my IF ZLF thinking that it was the exact same blade.  It's 1.5g lighter, handle feels mostly the same, seems to be the same composition, thickness, etc.

But to me, it feels WAY FASTER...had just as much speed as the IF ZLC (or more) but still more flexible like the IF ZLF. ...

I don't know abt LiuShiWen ZLF. I'm using IF-ZLC and IF-ZLF. From my experience, my IF-ZLF is almost as fast as IF-ZLC. I'm not sure if it's blade to blade variations of my IF-ZLC/ZLF but that's what I feel for my setup. IF-ZLF is slightly 'bouncier' and a tad less control compare to IF-ZLC. So, don't know if I could fully agree with Bty blade chart that rate IF-ZLF as slower and more control than IF-ZLC. But for looping IF-ZLF is certainly very very good. As I said, it could be due to some variations in blades (?). Anyway, both are excellent blades.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 3:11pm
The Liu Shiwen is an excellent blade. The best feature is the looping performance with the arc looping quality. The arc is really low so it hurts because reduces the height margin to countering.
It is like a traditional 5 ply limba limba ayous with 2 zylon plies (quite solid).
The spin variation is very good.
Blocking is also good. Short and sharp.
It is faster than what it seems. For me it is perfect fast.
And for sure spinny.
Control is good in everything.
Handle is very good for not big hands with very good touch.
The limba outer is good quality. I sealed with classic poliuretane slow process and the result was as good as with the old stigas.
Today i crushed with this blade because my playing partners do not handle well the arc.
It reminds me koki niwa and liu shiwen matches when counter looping. Seems difficult to handle.
While the zjk blade was for me a fiasco this Liu Shiwen blade is a really nice blade.
Both koki niwa and liu shiwen had an ej road till get to this blade and both got important tournament results, wttjc, ittf grand finals.
I got impressed about this blade.
More to come...

Edited by ejmaster - 04/14/2013 at 3:55pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 3:57pm
Agree - it's a very natural feeling blade. Loops very well - I had a great black label Primorac a few years ago, and it feels like that. But the LSW has a more stable feel for blocking and driving. Excellent in every area, bad in none.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 4:18pm
Hi Andy. I doubted about getting the zxi hayabusa or the LS but after reading your impressions about both blades (something about higuer speed in the zxi but a little unforgiving) i got the LS.
So your posts were very helpful. And i got a good surprise. Thank you very much.
Besides i thought 'i'm not willing to save 10 euros like getting a supposedly like t05 to deal with nothing like it. A bad business'.
I see more risk getting hayabusa. Several blades not exactly same layering. Some of them going fast to the FS section. This is a funny thing you mention... awsome, the best blade and a few days later in the FS section.
Btwy the LS has nothing to do with a Photino.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/14/2013 at 4:33pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 4:26pm
The ZXi remains an enigma to me. Feel was strange, short game great, becomes very fast in other areas. There was lots of potential, but it has a complicated character, and I prefer simplicity these days. I would like to try some of the other Hayabusas one day though.

The LSW is brilliant. The only thing I'll say against it is that it probably costs too much, but everything seems to these days. :-(

And don't thank me for the posts - I'm sure it was just a random good day for me. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :-)
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 4:48pm
Andy you are right about the rising prices.
And this is not a good strategy. I would have spent more money if prices were lower. I can buy several 80 $ blades just to have fun testing. But this way i just buy one every some months.
The point is that all manufacturers have to be punished.
First it was butterfly but then everybody goes this way.
To go with +120 $ a blade is expensive to sell quantity.
So the way to punish is 'ok it is hard to buy'. And if buying why the risk of getting an unknown blade.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/14/2013 at 4:59pm
EJ Club.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 4:58pm
I tried it a year ago when it first came out, very crisp feeling , very good spin , but I could not finish the balls easily. Second it's head size is bigger than 157-150 , so with tenergy 05 both sides like koki niwa setup , it felt unbalanced and head heavy.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 5:06pm
Hi Mickael. Glad to see in your signature a Viscaria instead of your first beloved zjk. You know i was right then.
The head size in the LS is perfect. It is 158 large. Perfect design to have sharp flexible behaviour in a thin blade.
One of the main advantages about the zylon is lightness.
So thin blade and light zylon allows to have this 158 head size with heavy rubbers and the blade balance is good.
Koki Niwa plays with t25 (even more weight than t05) and t05.
The balance in the LS is very good. Not head heavy.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/14/2013 at 5:09pm
EJ Club.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 6:02pm
I thought it was well balanced too, but didn't use Tenergy, so maybe heavy rubbers would overload it. The head size annoyed me, but only when rotating rubbers from other blades. I'm ocd for badly fitting rubbers.

I thought it was fast enough as well, but it's not a true cannon. It excels in looping, but has a big advantage in not being weak in blocks and drives. This kind of balanced nature is quite rare, IMO. Blades which loop as well as this can be poor or unreliable in punchier shots.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 9:35am
:) indeed viscaria is better than the zjk in terms of feel, but the liu shiwen blade is very good like the viscaria, but does not have this extra punch to finish a ball, you just feel the ball is sticking to the blade and not leaving with the wanted pace , overall the blade is very good.
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 9:52am
I think Liu Shiwen blade has a very nonlinear response, this blade is catching the ball in a very strange way giving to medium-hard and hard shots very poor precision. 
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

:) indeed viscaria is better than the zjk in terms of feel, but the liu shiwen blade is very good like the viscaria, but does not have this extra punch to finish a ball, you just feel the ball is sticking to the blade and not leaving with the wanted pace , overall the blade is very good.

You are right Mickael the ball stays longer in the LS and the Viscaria has more linear finishing power.
The thing is that residence ball behaviour and different punch gives also trouble to the opponent when pulling the trigger. It is something to get used but it pays off. The ball becomes difficult to handle by your opponent. And there is also lower arc and more spin variation. So one is trading power by spin variation.
I like the Viscaria a lot anyway.

EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

I think Liu Shiwen blade has a very nonlinear response, this blade is catching the ball in a very strange way giving to medium-hard and hard shots very poor precision. 

i agree about the non linear response (it retains the ball longer) but not about the precision. Precision is very good and also arc looping quality.
EJ Club.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 11:21am
How are the LS and IF ZLF compare to the IF ALC in term of control and speed?  I like the control of the IF ALC, but wish the speed is a little faster.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 3:49pm
Imo the if alc feels even faster than the LS but less control. The if alc is more flexible than a mm but same fast.
But i like the LS control feeling better. Softer and with a better looping arc.
EJ Club.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Imo the if alc feels even faster than the LS but less control. The if alc is more flexible than a mm but same fast.
But i like the LS control feeling better. Softer and with a better looping arc.
Sound like the LS is not for me then.  Moving from TB ALC to IF ALC, it take me quite a lot of adjustment for the slower speed.  I can see why the LS can be even slower as it is thinner at 5.6mm compare to 5.9mm on the IF ALC (mine actually measures just a touch over 5.7mm).  Thank you for the info. though.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 7:49pm
i heard the Innerfiber blade has a Metamucil Core ..!!
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 4:13pm
What is that ???
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

i heard the Innerfiber blade has a Metamucil Core ..!!

LOL... does it help you "loosen up" when you play?  LOL
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic