FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Violin 1st Generation Pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Violin 1st Generation Pics
    Posted: 12/13/2011 at 6:47am
I manage to buy Nittaku Violin FL handle in a small sport shop in Taiwan which looks different with my 2006 Violin FL. The wood is more yellow than my 2006 Violin and the wing is sealed while my 2006 doesn't come with factory sealed.
When I visit the shop in April, I didn't buy it, because I thought I already have so many Violin.
But this Violin looks different, the side of the head size is not as clean/white as the current model.
This blade has a more vintage looking than the current one.
The handle isn't as tiny as my first Violin, will take more photos when the blade is arrived.
Here are the photo's taken by cellphone at the shop,I would like thanks for my sister in law who buy it for me Tongue

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

cool_natja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool_natja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2011 at 10:24am
Congrats on your getting a vintage Violin, Nittaku lover !
You were so lucky to get the 1st edition of one of blades you love so much.

I look forward to seeing the pics along with your review.

(About price ... How much did you pay ?)

Edited by cool_natja - 12/13/2011 at 10:25am
"Nothing replaces training" - Stellan Bengtsson
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2011 at 11:14am
Originally posted by cool_natja cool_natja wrote:

Congrats on your getting a vintage Violin, Nittaku lover !
You were so lucky to get the 1st edition of one of blades you love so much.

I look forward to seeing the pics along with your review.

(About price ... How much did you pay ?)

I pay it for NT 4.960, you can see the price on the 2nd Pics Wink
Sure I will take more photo's and weight it to see how heavy is it.

Not sure if I'm going to play with it, probably for display only LOL

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2011 at 1:44pm
I may have this early edition of Nittaku Violin too, I got it just recently in exchange for the brand new Innerforce ALC, and am very happy with it. It has 83 g, is pretty fast compared to all available revies, brisk, crisp, direct, balanced and precise. How can I recognize, beside the yellow and more "pronounced" texture of the upper white ash ply of the blade´s head and beside the iron Nittaku sign on the handle, that my blade is the early edition of Nittaku Violin? Please, understand, that I have the rubbers now on and I don´t want to take it away, to make pics. Pics with the rubbers I can provide, as long as I find how to paste it here.

Stiga Clipper Wood CR WRB - Fh: Yasaka Rakza 7 - Bh: Tibhar 5Q

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2011 at 3:20pm
There are no pins on the Nittaku metal logo of the new Violin.
szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2011 at 4:19pm
If it´s so, then I am the lucky owner of the first Nittaku Violin generation. Can Peter79 or somebody who it may refer to compare the playing characteristics of the first generation and older editions and point out the where it differs? I have only 1 Nittaku Violin blade and it is obviously the early generation.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2011 at 9:14pm
My 2006 Violin weight 80 gr, now modified with bigger handle now become 85 gr.
Compare with my 88 gr L-sized Violin, the 80 gr has more feel and it's has more dwell, but slower.

To upload picture in the websites, you must upload it to photobucket.com
after you upload it, copy and paste the Image code, very simple.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

sunilid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunilid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 10:36am
I have seen newer generations with gold metal plate at the bottom -- don't think these are the same as L-size though.   The handle on the newer ones is slightly larger, they have less dwell than the earlier versions (with black logo), and they seem to be faster.  I prefer the older versions due to the extra dwell. 
Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 11:23am
Yeah the old model has more hollow kind of feel, the newer one has more solid feel. Not sure if my old Violin which is only 80 gr, so it's not as solid.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 12:12pm
Hi,

Hideglue (or boneglue) blades for some reason seem to improve more with playing. Szikorz supprise how good it plays as he bought it second hand, could also be explained from that.
Maybe (my latest theory :-))  it is due to the thin gluelayers and glue type that these blades have this more then the usual woodblades.
Materialwise glutinglue is hard, comparable to the thin glutin sheets used for making jellypudding when dry ; elastic to a degree of deformation then becoming brittle they break more like glass then plastic which deforms plastical easier but doesn,t break as easy)
The combination thin and hard with the natural flexibillity and softness of wood could cause microscopic breakage of the gluelayers where the ball hits  the blade hard enough and often enough.

This would then gradually build a fine network of cracks in the gluelayers similar as how carwindows break. But the glue surface stays the same, still connecting the layers as before but making the blade softer more supple in the sweetspot where the density of cracks is highest (decreasing gradually to the sides).
The natural woodelasticity can come more in speech for playing while outside the sweetspot the gluelayer stays unbroken keeping the stability and stiffness, avoiding vibrations to continue too long and strenthening the outer wood layers from the side as what a tennis frame does to the snares for a tennisracket. In this case this increases dwellltime and speed after a while.

The whole build resembles more a tennisracket then ; soft, elastic where the snares are (in this case natural wood with a crackled gluelayer) strong elastic more rigid for the framing.

Edited by mercuur - 12/14/2011 at 12:13pm

szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 12:41pm
Hi Mercur, interesting theory, is this just a matter of your imagination or do you have any empirical evidence for your theory (like broken Violin showing whats going on inside the wood layers)? To me, it sounds quite realistic what you say, but as long as no empirical research done in this, it will only stay as a theory, interesting though....

mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 3:47pm
With cracks I mean haircracks. I suppose it would need x-ray fotography or such for experimental verification.
What I do have is aprox six years of experience with using glutinglue for building maybe fifty blades. One of the first I build actually had ash outerply,s (+ balsa core, abachi second). It,s still in use by a clubmember. So I know the glue from working with it (and had some time to think about it :-) and also read about it offcourse.

As Liquid sky mentioned in the other thread, no matter what wood combination, it always has this typical feel. For certain the layers are mostly thin. This comes with the process it needs from being a hot-melt glue with a solvent (water). Not much absorbtion from the wood (it cools quick and gels) plus fifty percent of each layer is water. This evaporates as the lamina dries. And more absorbtion always means more glue is needed. Four white ash veneers would otherwise make a heavier blade with thick glue from absorbtion.

Anyway I wouldn,t expect a new violin (or any other new blade) to play the same as a violin that has been in use for several years.

Edited by mercuur - 12/14/2011 at 4:02pm

szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 4:17pm
the violin I play wit is probably one of the early editions (it had been launched back in 2003 as a new brand of Nittaku - I mean these musical series Violin, Acoustic, Tenor and Vioncello) and my piece has a black/gold metal logo with pins. The outer plies are quite yellowish and the feeling is marvellous. Many reviewers of Violin complain on it to be quite slow, well, I have never had this feeling, for me, it is almost as fast as TBS but much more precise and better balanced, the dwell time is hard to evaluate for me, as I have no comparison with later editions of Violin, but is almost comparable to TBS too, my team mates, watching me playing my new/old Violin were repeateadly very curious what combo I have, like " I´ve never seen such a sharp topsin from you before" etc...at which my short answer at was very simple: Nittaku Violin!
I am quite proud that my more less 12 months long search for the exceptional blade has brought its first real fruit in the Violin! 

szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 4:26pm
furthermore, mercuur, what makes sense in your haircracks bone glue theory is, that I would instinctively subscribe for the harmony of natural wood and organic based glue (I have never found my way to composites in TT blades anzwaz - except of the lense in the handle:-))) is clear and that certain kind of tiny huggz wood&bone "whizzle" when meeting the celuloid ball is one of the most sexy atributes of ripe tt blades...

szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 4:31pm
but one significant fact, about my "old" Violin, I got it in exchange for brand new Innerforce ALC, but the Violin I got was almost untached, like played maximu 30 hours, which suggest me, that I can along with my playing it expect more playing quality improvements:-)

mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 6:01pm
Well thirty hours is still thirty hours, most reviews are from much shorter experience. Just aging, with the hygroscopic character (it absorbs moist and dries again with the climate circumstances) could also play a role. I don,t know if this continues. But yours seems to be good enough allready you obviously bought a keeper :-).

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 9:25pm
Mercuur, I think that's why the pros keep changing blades, because they hit so hard that the blade itself crack???
But there's a pro which use only 1 blade, even it's damaged, it's repaired.
Because I know it's difficult to find 100% the same playing blade even it's the same batch, same tree, same weight.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 3:44am
I think pros keep changing blades because they are sponsored. But they could play with about anything, after a short adjustment time.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 5:51am
Peter,
Sorry I forgot to congratulate you for having found and been able to buy this beautyfull blade.  When Nittaku came out with violin and accoustic I allready had bladebuilding as sort of a hobby and these blades got me interested then for using this glue.  As it appeared to be quite cheap for sale in local artist shop (artist painters use it for mixed with white chalk for grounding canvas weave) I bought some and since then love to work with it not just making blades also other woodworking.

About the - possible - crackling, I don,t want you to have nightmares from playing with these blades :-).
The glue is applied as layers (on both sides to be glued) but doesn,t really stay as a distinct layer in between the plies after pressing. Wood is to rough and open surface for that. It,s more like how epoxy embeds carbonfibres the glue embeds the fibres at the outside of the woodplies. Gluing and pressuring builds a thin mixed zone of two woodtypes as a weave with the glue as binding medium. With hideglue this layer stays much thinner because it has no time to absorb as it gels quickly. After applying the glue only works as glue for maybe a minute then it,s non tacky and soft solid. The layers have to be pressed together before this happens. Then it has to dry further.

When toplayer is ash (hard) and underneath tung (soft) it initially becomes an ash-tung layer but harder then the ash from the glue.  When it is damaged  specifically from use the woodfibres will still keep it together and be kept together. It stays local with woodfibres avoiding the cracks to build further.  Constructionwise the same as what steel does to concrete and concrete to steel when used in combination. But the initial hardness (concrete) will gradually decrease from playing with the sweetspot becoming sweeter. The natural suppleness and elasticity of the woodfibres becomes apparent (the steel) , the tung softness becomes involved more aso. The at first closed layers (as a plastic or polyurethane film) sorta open up.
So it,s not a  reason to ever change the blade it,s funktionality or the glues funktionality is not damaged at all from this no reason to change blades for this.

Arg0,
Pro,s is much different, they can play many hours a day and many days before tournaments or competitions and all with very high energy and more constant impact. Few weeks of play by them does a lot then.  Plus the chinese team have special testplayers in between the bladesponsor/ manufakturer and the players that do the international tournaments.  Non pro,s don,t have this luxury and much less hours before competition or a tournament starts.

Edited by mercuur - 12/15/2011 at 6:04am

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 6:52am
Originally posted by mercuur mercuur wrote:

Peter,
Sorry I forgot to congratulate you for having found and been able to buy this beautyfull blade. 

So it,s not a  reason to ever change the blade it,s funktionality or the glues funktionality is not damaged at all from this no reason to change blades for this.

Thanks Mercuur, Yeah I really happy it's still available after 7 months after I discovered it. If I didn't buy it  probably it would still sitting there, nobody knows this priceless blade.
I could tell you that even my Custom made Violin from iruiru wood's quality is way far bellow this one, but cost more!

I will try to use this blade and hopefully forever Big smile
I think I will use grip tape since the handle is small, any recomendation what to wrap the handle? my friend Sugengz suggest me to use bicycle tyre tube or and cable wrapping tube which has 35 mm diameter.

Edited by peter79 - 12/15/2011 at 6:53am
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 8:44am
Possibly the better woodquality is from shelftime in the shop. The wood has had years to age and dry natural without disturbance from gluesolvents, rubberchanges, sealing aso.

For griptape I use badminton overgrip tape from a general sports-store. This is somewhat wider but can be cut lengthwise. Only a short piece near the lowerend of the grip, an inch or so, mostly suffices. If not I wouldn,t use the blade or change the griphalves.  I use the same edgetape as for the side of the bat to secure. This helps to avoid slippage between handlewood and griptape plus it looks nice with the same colour coming back.

zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2011 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

I think pros keep changing blades because they are sponsored. But they could play with about anything, after a short adjustment time.

I've read that Timo Boll plays with three selected copies of his ALC and than don't change it anymore. He plays all of them alternately. Somewhere I heard that after the Olympics he will change his blades. But I don'know whether his ALC's will be replaced with new ones or it will be another blade.

On the other side is Evgeni Chtchetinine playing with a very, very old blade since many years, made by a russian.

Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 9:05am
Just got it today Big smile
It's 85 Gr, put tennis grip on it, and put H3 National and Tenergy 05 weight 182 Gr.
The feel is the best among my 2006 Violin, 93 Gr ST old logo, all L-sized violin...

This blade has more butter smooth feel compare to L-sized, L-sized has a bit dry feel.
85 Gr vs 88 Gr L-sized the 85 Gr is more solid but smoother feel.
The Violin has the best feel among all of my Violins (2006 Violin, 93 Gr ST old logo, all L-sized violin)

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

sugengz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugengz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 9:42am
Small handle... Put tyre grip hahahaha....

All i can say is that this blade is gorgeous.... 
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by sugengz sugengz wrote:

Small handle... Put tyre grip hahahaha....

All i can say is that this blade is gorgeous.... 

Tyre grip is too heavy Confused
I use Babolat VS grip original black color, which is 0.4 mm thick, very nice to hold and I can still feel the good vibration...

http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageBABH-BVS10PK.html

Indeed this blade for me is the best looking blade and has the best feel Smile

Edited by peter79 - 01/21/2012 at 11:04am
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic