Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Table Tennis Flooring - portable & permanent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
speedspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis Flooring - portable & permanent
    Posted: 01/04/2012 at 11:31am
I've seen the international competition red flooring for table tennis.  I wonder if anyone has run across table tennis flooring that can be rolled up and/or transported?  I am interested in using portable flooring at exhibition sites (outdoors/indoors) and at home.  However, I'd like to be able to put it away when not needed. 

Also, for permanent flooring, what do you recommend?  Assume that there is concrete underneath, and this flooring (with cushioning) is mounted on top of the concrete.  Perhaps there are different cost alternatives here.  Thanks in advance for your input.
Any ideas/thoughts?
Speedspin
Sponsored Links

trendyandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trendyandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 11:47am
This red flooring you're talking about is from the company "Gerflor". It's called "Taraflex" and available in different thickness, one for permanent use and one thinner edition for mobile use. It's not really cheap but if you dont care it's probably the best option out there, a really nice flooring to play on..
strikewzen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strikewzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 11:51am
i use tenergy for floor, it's got spring sponge > air max
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by strikewzen strikewzen wrote:

i use tenergy for floor, it's got spring sponge > air max

Yea it's what the pro's play on so it has to be good, and, it's only 499.99$ per square foot!
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 12:45pm
For the exhibition use you could cover a smaller area at each end of the table with something like this floor mat designed for gym flooring.  It relies on its own weight to keep it in place.  Supposed to be cut so that pieces can go together to make larger areas without seam problems.

golflover060 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golflover060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2012 at 5:26pm
My local gym has Signaflex installed where the ping pong tables are set-up.  I've played on TaraFlex before, but it's not that easy on the eyes and it's a bit too grippy for my tastes.  If I make a dive and hit the ground, TaraFlex has a tendency to slide and grip all of a sudden.  This almost lead to me spraining my ankle when I accidentally got my foot under the ping pong ball and slipped.  SignaFlex offers an every so slight coushinand more consistent slide so I could get to those hard angled shots without worrying about the sudden grip and twist
paradisoch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradisoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2012 at 6:17pm
You might be on to something! All those old rubbers and scrap rubber from cutting a new sheet should have some use as a recycled material. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic