Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

megaspin.net
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Breaking 2000 - Now in Paperback!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 12:30am
woohoo! I just broke 2000! ...in chess. :)
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 12:45am
Chess offers no adjustments got to crawl up with that +/- 4% of the difference formula. Congrats!
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 12:12am
I don't know if this is a good marketing move... but I created a youtube video of myself playing. The first, is the initial introduction ( 56 seconds ) and the second one is 9 min full minutes, so hopefully you won't yell at me for doing so Embarrassed

Enjoy!

Edited by Leshxa - 02/09/2012 at 12:27am
JHD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 12:28pm

Thanks for writing and making this ebook available. I have just purchased a copy and cant' wait to read it.

congrats to both your accomplishment and your book!

Blade: Stiga Rosewood NTC V
FH: Xiom Vega Pro
BH: Sriver FX
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by JHD JHD wrote:

Thanks for writing and making this ebook available. I have just purchased a copy and cant' wait to read it.

congrats to both your accomplishment and your book!

Thank you!

Please post your comments once you are done reading it.

Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 2:07am
Thank you everyone for the patience, but I have news!

The Paperback is out!!!

Amazon does not carry it yet. I am quite frustrated with the delay, but it is available here. Thank you all again.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Leshxa Leshxa wrote:

The Paperback is out!!!

Amazon does not carry it yet. I am quite frustrated with the delay, but it is available here. Thank you all again.

Leshxa,

Thanks for the updates.  Do let us know when it is on Amazon.  I get free shipping there so I will get it as soon as it is available in paperback.
Vega Euro FL / Vega Pro FL
FH: Big Dipper B 2.2 /T05 R 2.1
BH: Big Dipper R 2.2 /T05 B 2.1
Wt: 188g / 186 g

Cobra Kai TT Exponent (Mercy effs up your Game)
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The Paperback is out!!!

Leshxa,

Thanks for the updates.  Do let us know when it is on Amazon.  I get free shipping there so I will get it as soon as it is available in paperback.

I will post an update when its available. It probably makes sense for me to allow people to buy it without shipping costs. If this is something you are interested in, please let me know.

I guess I'll work on direct order from my site using paypal, where I will ship the book for free ( maybe even internationally - depending on number of requests. )

Thanks for suggestions!
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 5:18pm
Yet another pleasant surprise. Just got email notification from Amazon. The book is up on Amazon!

Paperback on Amazon

Edited by Leshxa - 02/18/2012 at 5:20pm
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 10:10pm
Just bought the e book I'll be reading this while in a ice shack fishing tomorrow.. (My heart wants to be at home drilling on my robot =)  Congrats man, you did it! Now keep on going and shoot for the next level!
Adidas V1.5
FH-Adidas p7
BH-Adidas p5
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2012 at 10:58pm

Yet another pleasant surprise. Just got email notification from Amazon. The book is up on Amazon!

Paperback on Amazon

Purchased - thanks.

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2012 at 11:44am
Ordered!!! Really looking forward to this.
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2012 at 9:53pm
Sorry I have not been responding. Thank you all for your interest!

I do hope you can provide me with your feedback once you are done.

Thank you!
LoopsALot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoopsALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2012 at 10:45pm
Bought and read the kindle version last night. I like that you identified all the elements that too you through each level. I can compare with my development and helps me identify which things I need to really work on.   
ripag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 9:04am
I have just ordered one for my son.It was a very inspiring piece of writing.
Innerforce ZLC fl
Fastarc G1
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by LoopsALot LoopsALot wrote:

Bought and read the kindle version last night. I like that you identified all the elements that too you through each level. I can compare with my development and helps me identify which things I need to really work on.   

Originally posted by ripag ripag wrote:

I have just ordered one for my son. It was a very inspiring piece of writing.

Thank you!

Would you guys mind adding comments to Amazon's review please? There is a lot of feedback that comes back, but unfortunately it is scattered throughout all forums and web sites.

I really appreciate it.

Oh, if you have any ideas on topics you think I did not cover or need to expand upon, please let me know. I would like to start posting free articles on my web site.

Thanks again!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2012 at 6:33pm
Got the book - now reading...

ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:46am
I've been able to read some of the book, I've gotten to the back hand chapter/portion of the book.  This is a great read so far I recommend this book to anyone that hasn't gotten it yet!  Support such a great cause guys!
Adidas V1.5
FH-Adidas p7
BH-Adidas p5
ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 10:33am
Very nice videos. They exhibit a quantum leap in skill. I like that you presented yourself fairly by including some lost points as well. Very nasty backhand...
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 11:05am
Originally posted by ianworz ianworz wrote:

Very nice videos. They exhibit a quantum leap in skill. I like that you presented yourself fairly by including some lost points as well. Very nasty backhand...

This is the first time someone commented on the videos!

I have a video called Tribute to my Opponents - where for 5 minutes I am getting creamed by my opponents :).

Honestly I enjoy this one more!

Not sure if you have seen two last ones I've uploaded against two 2100 short pip blockers/hitters. One of them, Lim Min Chui used to be 49th in the world in late 70s. I know he is much older now, but his rating still fluctuates between 2050 - 2250. I have played him before and he is very tough. This is the first time I beat him in a tournament.

http://youtube.com/breaking2000tv
amateur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 12:43pm
Leshxa:
Are there any significant differences between the eBook and the paperback? Such as typos or errors that were corrected, or better formating, or any kind of graphics or illustrations?
ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 1:06pm
Ling mi chui looks like a pain in the ass to play (short jerky ph strokes=very hard for me to read). The contact sport video had me cracking up.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Leshxa:
Are there any significant differences between the eBook and the paperback? Such as typos or errors that were corrected, or better formating, or any kind of graphics or illustrations?

Paperback has all errors corrected. Also there are sections that are in quotes that point out some of the main points I wanted to make, even though some areas I really had to avoid bolding since I would bold out the whole page.

eBook just is not a good format for pointing things out - because you need to find those spots and bookmark them and that is just harder than reading the book with a pencil. I have read a lot of table tennis books and I bought them all on paper because I always wanted to identify missing links in my game and always be able to navigate to them directly. So in essence an eBook became an inexpensive alternative to the material, which I wanted to make sure was affordable to everyone.

Other than that, it is the same book. There are no illustrations because the book is not about technique. There are plenty of books that explain technique better than I ever could. I wanted to talk about the learning process.

Regarding the eBook. I released quite a few "editions" correcting some things here and there. I still need to update the current one with some minor spelling and typos. I'm not sure how Amazon syncronizes these "editions" though.
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by ianworz ianworz wrote:

Ling mi chui looks like a pain in the ass to play (short jerky ph strokes=very hard for me to read). The contact sport video had me cracking up.

His serves are the hardest thing to read because he serves with pips and can serve no spin and really strong top/side spin at the same time. Also, his backhand is long pips so he throws them in once in a while.

What I really like about his game is he controls the line of play really well and counters when he sees an opening. Hi also uses really good angles.

Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 10:11pm
This thread is a month old today.

I wanted to say thank you for all of the support and all of the feedback.

This month was quite difficult and involved as I was trying to get the information about he book out, as I continued to work on my website, and as I finished and released the paperback. However, there have been some great rewards for me as a writer - almost 150 people acquired a copy of the book thus far and I do hope that with every copy, there was yet another player who became inspired to improve.

Thank you all!
amateur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 11:00am
You're no longer #1 among table tennis books for Kindle, Dora is beating you Wink
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/159893011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_kstore_1_6_last
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 11:04am

You're no longer #1 among table tennis books for Kindle, Dora is beating you Wink
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/159893011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_kstore_1_6_last

I didn't know I was in a competition.

I am glad she is doing well Clap
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 3:23pm
Have not finished the book yet, but I am enjoying it so far.  Nice read.  Idk if it's Leshxa's intention or not, but I think there is a hidden message that says if you want to break 2000, then 1st thing 1st, join a tournament, find out where you actually are (instead of guessing base on comparing yourself with other rated player, or worse having some one guess it for you).  Next time I hear a player wanting to get better before joining a tournament, I will definiteley recommend them this book.  Don't wait, just do it already...

BTW - Please tell me that there is a chapter near the end on how you work it out with your significant other to get all the time you need to train, and compete.  Smile
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Have not finished the book yet, but I am enjoying it so far.  Nice read.  Idk if it's Leshxa's intention or not, but I think there is a hidden message that says if you want to break 2000, then 1st thing 1st, join a tournament, find out where you actually are (instead of guessing base on comparing yourself with other rated player, or worse having some one guess it for you).  Next time I hear a player wanting to get better before joining a tournament, I will definiteley recommend them this book.  Don't wait, just do it already...

BTW - Please tell me that there is a chapter near the end on how you work it out with your significant other to get all the time you need to train, and compete.  Smile

Actually there is no hidden message. It is common sense. To get a rating one needs to play in a sanctioned tournament. There are way too many players that tend to stay away from tournaments because they "aren't ready", or because they are afraid of loosing points. I think if more people competed, there would have been more room for table tennis to grow.

The chapter on significant other - umm, no. There is no such a chapter. I would be a very bad example of managing a relationship and table tennis. Funny thing, I told my wife that I didn't put a dedication message on the book. Her response "you DIDN"T put a dedication message to me?" - She did not know that I could have. I had to tell her that I would have loved to put a message like that, but it would have been not true due to many guilt trips I had to resolve. So she told me that she was just happy for me to get out of the house and stop annoying her with table tennis videos, books, articles, bouncing the ball around the house, shadow practicing and embarrassing her in front of neighbors, etc :)

So I guess it all worked out.
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 4:13pm

the funny thing is that among bestsellers on table tennis they have Army Manuals on Refrigeration Systems... I wonder what is the hidden message there... Confused
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic