Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

needed defensive blade for beginner chopper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChopChop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: needed defensive blade for beginner chopper
    Posted: 01/29/2012 at 4:02am
i am a beginner chopper, play this sport for 6 months and can chop 4,5 times consistency with slow and moderate speed loop but can't handle fast and power loop Confused,  any suggestions for better blade and rubber? i'm currently use an old Stiga all around classic blade with 755 sponge Long pip on BH, is this good for chopping?  i can't chop consistently a fast and power loop with this combo, too fast to handle for me, slow and moderate loop is OK but my older bro is 1900 rate player with very good loop....Confused

i also have a Matsush*ta Pro Special in very good condition and i can't chop with it either, i put OX 755 on BH and still can't handle fast ball with my skill, so anyone wanna trade for a slower blade and rubber? or i can sell it  Wink

Anyone has defensive blades and rubbers for sale cheap? less than 50$ is my range including ship,  i chop far away from table with BH and attack with my FH style, modern defender, Joo see huk is my idol Confused ..i'm from california, US

Thanks Hug

Edited by ChopChop - 01/31/2012 at 4:19pm
Sponsored Links

ChopChop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2012 at 6:36pm
Unhappy

Edited by ChopChop - 01/29/2012 at 6:37pm
ChopChop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2012 at 5:02am
railroad, PM you, 
Old-Man-Southpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 7:02am
I have a Nittaku Monophonic I could sell if you want a good defensive blade.  I was using it to practice against a looper, and was up to 20 reps with it, so it is slow enough to chop for sure. 

Are you going to chop on both sides?  Long pips on both sides?

I have many long pips and short pips rubber I could sell, but they are all cut to smaller blades, so would only work to test the rubber to see if it would act the way you wanted.  I could sell a Yasaka Extra that would likely fit most, but its not a strictly defensive blade.  Its a high control normal sized blade that isn't too fast.  I was able to chop well with it, also.   If you are interested in that blade I could list the rubbers I have.   I also have a lot of inverted rubbers to fit it, some of which can chop as well as attack.

Edited by Old-Man-Southpaw - 01/31/2012 at 7:03am
--- Push/Chop or Attack ---

Blade: TT Piet Off/All Custom 5 ply

FH: Rakza 7

BH: DTec.S Long pips

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48168

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 7:12am
Another thought would be to just sell you some cheap used rubbers to try if they might fit your Stiga.  Obviously, the only thing that counts is what works for you.  I do have a used ScrewOne Ox or screwsoft red sheet that I could sell cheap for you to try it.  The others I see people happy with are Stiga Destroyer and Butterfly Feint III, but I personally don't have any of either.  I also have a bunch of the others ?I've seen reccommended, but wasn't able to make them work for me.  Long pips sheets last a very long itme that I have seen, and typically last as long as the blade for me.

Is there some reason you have sponge on your long pips?  In my experience, it makes it better to topspin with, but reduces deceptability and chopping capability.  I do have some of each.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 7:37am
OOOPs, I see where you said chop with BH and attack with FH.

Does your FH work well enough that you are happy with it now?  If it does then consider only changing the BH rubber and leave the blade and FH rubber alone.  I'll sell a used ScrewOne 0x LP for $17.50 shipped.  You will need to give yourself 1 to 2 weeks to get accustomed to it, but I can tell you that after about a month with it, I recall one night there was a looper, maybe 1200 or 1300 level at the club one night, and he looped at me for hours, and usually within 3 loops he would go into the net, and sometimes he'd make it to 4 or even 5.  He marveled at the fact that only rarely did I miss.  It was a fun night.  Only back up as far as you need to...

ChopChop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 4:14pm
thanks for your time sharing it with me though, my Stiga all around classic is slower blade than MPS, FH is slow too or it's because my cheap china rubber black powder...but BH with sponge 755 chop is ok, but power fast loop is still kinda hard to chop low over the net, i think i might need a real Def blade for those power loop, but don't want my FH loop drive suffers, since i'm practicing on my FH loop drive now and it's still not that good, Confused...i'm thinking about getting a used DOnic Def blade or Giant Dragon Kris special to see how it works for me....but you said you had lots of good LP unused, can i get a good deal for 2,3 of your LP? i just wanna play around with LP to see which one is better suit, so i don't want to invest so much money on this

Let me know, thanks
ChopChop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 4:17pm
i have noticed that you have played with Donic Defagren Senso and Dragon Kris special right? how does it work compare to other Def blade? BH, FH? i might buy it from you instead
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 4:49pm
Nittaku Monophonic is GREAT blade. Rated DEF+ but, I am telling you that is at least ALL+ ... Very stable and precise ... Best defensive blade I have ever used !
ChopChop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 5:17pm
thanks Melarimsa for your advice, i'm new to this forum but read lots of your comments and they're very good advices...so between Donic Defplay classic senso, Donic allplay, Giant dragon kris and nittaku monophonic, which one is good for beginner like me? BH chop far away, need low over the net chop and FH loop drive? any rubber combination for each one blade suggestion? hate to switching around though, cost too much money Cry

hope to hear soon, thanks
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 5:49pm
Few of those are balsa blades. They are great, but better for blocks, instead for chops. Balsa is very different than any other wood out there. Some people have feeling, some don't when chopping or looping with balsa.  I think, all wood may be much better feeling for chopping, and defenetly for looping. On balsa blades, medium rubbers are best. Hardness I mean :) Again, my opinion is Monophonic is best, as it does have power to loop/smash or drive, and it is fast, and have a good kick ... Chopping is exceptional with it, and I chop with 1.2mm sponge, as I have a hard time to chop without sponge as many others here better chop with OX :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by ChopChop ChopChop wrote:

thanks for your time sharing it with me though, my Stiga all around classic is slower blade than MPS, FH is slow too or it's because my cheap china rubber black powder...but BH with sponge 755 chop is ok, but power fast loop is still kinda hard to chop low over the net, i think i might need a real Def blade for those power loop, but don't want my FH loop drive suffers, since i'm practicing on my FH loop drive now and it's still not that good, Confused...i'm thinking about getting a used DOnic Def blade or Giant Dragon Kris special to see how it works for me....but you said you had lots of good LP unused, can i get a good deal for 2,3 of your LP? i just wanna play around with LP to see which one is better suit, so i don't want to invest so much money on this

Let me know, thanks

I sort of agree, there.  It took trying a number of them to find which one worked for me.  All of them were ones I found people beating me with, and reccommended by people on sites like this.  The GD Kris special is a small blade.  I'm not sure if you knew that, but as a result I don't think it will be much better at chopping than my Donic Applegren or Yasaka was.  Both were pretty good because they are very high control and not very fast, but the larger blade will give a better chop.

Do you want long pips rubbers with or without sponge?  I can make a list once I know what you are looking for.  No rubber I own is older than last March.  I will probably want 55% of what I paid not including shipping, and ship for free if you buy 3 or more.  That sounds like a cheap way to try a bunch.  I think the hardest thing will be to find the right rubber for you.  Otherwise, you could probably buy any one and work at it for a few months, but it seems more rational to me to find one that is close to working well in the first few hours.   The last thing you want to do is spend 4 or 5 months and $400 or $500 on rubber to accomplish that.

Edited by Old-Man-Southpaw - 01/31/2012 at 6:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 6:58pm

i have noticed that you have played with Donic Defagren Senso and Dragon Kris special right? how does it work compare to other Def blade? BH, FH? i might buy it from you instead

The others are have good control, but are not anywhere near on the same level of chopping ability as the Monophonic.  The reason I play with the dragon instead is because I'm so old and need a very light setup to be able to get the thing where it needs to be to hit the ball in time even given the slower reflexes of an old guy.  The Monophonic itself is not heavy, but it has a larger blade.  It can attack, too, but you need to put more power into your stroke than I have to give in a day of long matches.  I can only play about 4 matches in a day, max.  LOL, I avoid round robins.

ChopChop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 7:44pm
what is different between Nittaku mono and Willtria? and how much you sell for Mono? and what LP you have? price?  please give me good deal since i'm a student still Confused

Edited by ChopChop - 01/31/2012 at 7:54pm
AARDVARK View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AARDVARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 7:51pm
I have a brand new Sanwei T431 (4 wood + 3 soft carbon) which design for modern defensive style. Price is 27 USD include shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 11:34pm

what is different between Nittaku mono and Willtria? and how much you sell for Mono? and what LP you have? price?  please give me good deal since i'm a student still Confused

I'm sorry, I've never played with a Willtria.  My Butterfly Sectretin-K is an oversized defensive blade also, but I think the Nittaku has a lot smoother control.  Its definitely smoother for chopping than any other blade I've played with, as well.  I will pm you a price on the Monophonic.  Its a quality blade.  I have to go thru the rubbers and make a list.  I've spent a huge amount trying different rubbers this past year, and all but 2 of the BH ones tried were pips of some kind or another.  None are missing pips in the playing area but out at the edge the last pip is always questionable when you cut them.  Only the Nittaku ScrewOne's have seen any more than a couple hours use (because that's the one I settled on).

Long pips:
Nittaku ScrewOne Black or Red  $17
Nittaku Screwsoft with sponge Red  $17
Dr Neubauer Fighter with sponge Red $17
Dawei 388D-1 with sponge  $9

If you one each of the above, I will sell them all for $55 and ship it all for free if you buy the Monophonic from me, too.  

I also have:

Short pips:
Butterfly Challenger Attack with sponge $17
Friendship RITC 802-1 with sponge Red $9

Inverted:
Friendship 729 Focus III Snipe with 2.1 sponge Red
....to be continued 15 more inverted...