FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOUND: SanWei Pistol Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOUND: SanWei Pistol Blade
    Posted: 01/30/2012 at 9:28pm
I'd love to try one. Anybody selling cheap? Any condition will do.

Edited by tommyzai - 02/01/2012 at 2:19pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 11:03am
I am close to buying an 80g for:

Sanwei Pistol Grip Carbon T-502
List Price:$ 49.99
Sale Price:$ 35.99
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 4:44pm
how would you cut the rubber and keep the necessary labeling in tact?
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

how would you cut the rubber and keep the necessary labeling in tact?
No idea! But in my mind I can imagine winning some points with it. If nothing else I'll get a lot of attention at the club. :-)
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 5:50pm
You will look as killer with this blade, go for it !
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 6:22pm
I'm ready to do some damage!!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 6:28pm
I want it NOW!!!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 6:30pm
Bang! Bang!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 6:48pm
We want a video of you blasting through your
opponents like you're Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 6:52pm
Make my day!
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 10:28pm
you've got to ask yourself one question...do I feel lucky?...well, do ya punk!?!?

Edited by Brainstorm69 - 01/31/2012 at 10:34pm
F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 10:30pm
I only have one question . . . 
Will I become the Good, Bad, or Ugly?
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 10:34pm
You will become a fist full of dollars...
F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2012 at 10:58pm
it looks like a chopping board to me...also could be as heavy as hell....yet the OP dares to be different & doesn't follow the mass/crowds....
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

it looks like a chopping board to me...also could be as heavy as hell....yet the OP dares to be different & doesn't follow the mass/crowds....

I just bought one. I look at it this way . . . 

For about $40 I take care of many needs:

1. Table Tennis Racket
2. Cutting Board
3. Paint Palette
4. (I better not say)
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 8:12pm
I wish I saw this thread sooner because I have one of these. The issues I had were:

Too heavy to use 2 inverted rubbers
Handle too wide
Index finger is right next to the backhand sweetspot
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 8:16pm
I will experiment playing with this and then if it's something I might like . . . I will ask a good blade maker to custom make one for me, correcting things like handle width, and location of index finger hole. Dang, wish you saw it too.
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 9:03pm
how about this handle?

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 12:03am
I used the blade for a few months and played pretty well but went back to penhold. My backhand became much stronger with this blade shape as I felt like I had more leverage. Forehand was about the same. It was awkward using it at first but it felt a lot better after making a few modifications.

Here is the new blade:

Using it for the first time I knew right away that the thumb bar was not necessary. It was actually really annoying. Putting the thumb under the bar was also uncomfortable. So I sawed off the wood piece. After repeated use I also began to notice that the middle finger "trigger" hole was also not needed. The middle finger being separated from the other fingers was creating tension in my hand and slowing down my hand speed. I made the opening bigger and the grip became a lot more comfortable.

I thinned out the handle a lot to make it feel more like a shakehand grip. The modifications also reduced the weight from 113 grams to 100 grams. I eventually moved away from the blade because the handle was still too thick and the blade too heavy.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 12:10am
Very Cool! I have decided I will use some sort of modified blade . . . just not sure what yet. I need something that will help me overcome my nerve damage and limitations and also something that will get me the attention I crave. :-).
extraSpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extraSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 12:42am
Does anyone have a picture of the blade with rubber on it?  I have never tried the pistol grip and might order one to try it out.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 12:49am
It seems from the picture that the big hole could be smaller, but it's hard to tell without it in my hand. I'll have one either tomorrow or Saturday. i'll post pics with rubbers on.
extraSpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extraSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 12:50am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

It seems from the picture that the big hole could be smaller, but it's hard to tell without it in my hand. I'll have one either tomorrow or Saturday. i'll post pics with rubbers on.
Thanks, looking forward to it.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 3:37am
If yours weights 80 grams it should play better than mine. I think they might have changed the wood in the handle to lighten it up.
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 5:50am
can someone post a picture with a rubber on it pls....i have the blade but dont know how the rubber will fit?
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 8:56am
I will post a pics soon.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 1:23pm

Found the pictures on tennis-de-table.com French forum
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 2:49pm
Does it come with your fingers?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 3:38pm
If you have a rubber cut to a standard penhold blade with about half inch of finger gap, it will fit perfect on the forehand side. Backhand is different and will require additional cut for the fingers.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 4:24pm
I don't think you have to have the rubber cover the whole balde though, just nned to cover where you hit the ball with to keep the weight down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic