FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2012 QATAR OPEN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 QATAR OPEN
    Posted: 02/14/2012 at 5:26am
Kuwait has joo as number 1 seed - mmmm there goes the top 5 again.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2012 at 4:29am
Chen Meng will be the next female superstar from China.  She really caught my attention in the junior world championships last year, when she won practically everything possible, and did so with a game that I really liked.  She can really play with a ton of power when she wants to, kind of like Feng Yalan, except she's really good close to the table too as she showed vs. Seok Ha Jung.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2012 at 3:47am
The Chinese women can't be even aproached in this tournament.  I don't follow the ladies and have never seen these names before, thanks for the upload.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

No Chinese...

are you sure? it will be depressing !!!!

Yeah from zzz's link you can see all of them withdrew. You won't see Wang Hao, sorry.

hahahaha!
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

No Chinese...

Yeah from zzz's link you can see all of them withdrew. You won't see Wang Hao, sorry.
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 4:06pm
Here's to seeing JSH beat JM in the finals! Beer 
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 3:36pm

No Chinese...

Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 12:43pm
No Chinese...
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 12:14pm
Kuwait Open, 14 Feb 2012 - 18 Feb 2012

http://www.ittf.com/competitions/competition.asp?category=PT
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 10:55am
now that qatar open has concluded, what and when is the next world tour/ ittf event?

Edited by mrdoodzki - 02/12/2012 at 10:55am
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 5:22am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2012 at 1:25am
My highlights video covering Qatar Open, enjoy :)

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I thought the olympic team had been selected, I saw comment saying that jike and ma long were going and one more - either hao or xu is that right?

it would be an insane choice to try to make as there is nothing between hao and xu

I thought Wang Hao was automatic as WC and WTTC runner up and that Ma Long was likely the third selection...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 9:44pm
> Wang Hao was eating Xu Xin apart in the rallies..... the advantage of his RPB can't be understated.

WH was up 3-1 and had match point. He had match point again at 3-3. So he can only kick himself.

However, both guys have and use the RPB, though XX has the traditional block as well (WH doesn't). 
XX tends to use the RPB once and then step around to use the forehand. WH will rally RPB.
WH stands nearer the middle of the table to favor his RPB, and XX nearer the backhand corner to
use his huge forehand whenever possible.

However, I'd disagree about WH eating him up in the rallies.
XX was more aggressive in this match. And certainly moved better.
And the RPB reveals its weakness: WH's RPB block couldn't cope with XX's loops.

WH is good is when he backs up and uses his RPB in a counterloop rally, not blocking.
But he didn't get much chance to do that, XX overpowered his backhand.

My two cents,

Sandiway

DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 8:58pm
Nice to meet you again.... number 2 lol wang hao chokes in so many finals. Good for xu xin he needed a tournament win.
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 8:54pm
an all penhold finals.....
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 8:52pm
Wang Hao was eating Xu Xin apart in the rallies..... the advantage of his RPB can't be understated.

I still don't understand why Wang Hao lost this game, he had everything behind him but yet failed to convert! Dead
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 7:54pm
I thought the olympic team had been selected, I saw comment saying that jike and ma long were going and one more - either hao or xu is that right?

it would be an insane choice to try to make as there is nothing between hao and xu
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 5:20pm
SoWhySoSerious, women's high quality final, please. 
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 4:56pm
A Really Amazing Final!!!

(ms-f) WANG Hao - XU Xin [Full Match|Short Form]

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 3:41pm
Superb performance by Xu, should not be too long before winning a major
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 3:20pm
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I was so impressed with Jun looking like he was playing more chinese style - less lobby much more third ball almost mirroring ma lin.

I think so too.  Also, does anyone else think that Jun looks a bit fitter now than in previous years?  I haven't seen a video of him in awhile.

It seems in the first few games Ma didn't receive Jun's serves well. He popped it up when trying to push short. Afterwards he outright pushed long and got away from it. Jun wasn't able to attack those long pushes very well.
ttplayer92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 1:25pm
yep mizutani does look fitter. Seems like he has put some muscle on
Butterfly Viscaria
FH Globe 999 National
BH Xiom Vega Pro
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 1:07pm

I was so impressed with Jun looking like he was playing more chinese style - less lobby much more third ball almost mirroring ma lin.

I think so too.  Also, does anyone else think that Jun looks a bit fitter now than in previous years?  I haven't seen a video of him in awhile.

Edited by Baal - 02/11/2012 at 1:08pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 12:39pm
(ms-sf) MA Lin - XU Xin [Full Match|Short Form]

GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 11:12am
Men's Double Final
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 9:52am
(ms-sf) WANG Hao - JOO Se Hyuk [Full Match|Short Form]

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 8:04am

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Franciska=Timo Boll II

actually I really wanted to say that, I swear the way he plays and obviously his clothes make me think boll is still in the tournament

Boll and Franziska were discovered and developed by the same coach, Helmut Hampl.
http://homepage.eircom.net/~ojk/tt/coaching/article/hampl.htm

Is a follower for Timo Boll in sight?

We have a very talented B-cadet, Patrick Franziska, who already is No.11 in Europe.

Edited by amateur - 02/11/2012 at 8:05am
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Franciska=Timo Boll II<div id="-chrome-auto-translate-plugin-dialog" style="opacity: 1 !imant; -: initial !imant; -attachment: initial !imant; -origin: initial !imant; -clip: initial !imant; : transparent !imant; padding-top: 0px !imant; padding-right: 0px !imant; padding-bottom: 0px !imant; padding-left: 0px !imant; margin-top: 0px !imant; margin-right: 0px !imant; margin-bottom: 0px !imant; margin-left: 0px !imant; : !imant; top: 0px; left: 0px; overflow-x: !imant; overflow-y: !imant; : 999999 !imant; text-align: left !imant; display: none; -: initial initial !imant; -repeat: initial initial !imant; "><div style="max-width: 300px !imant;color: #fafafa !imant;opacity: 0.8 !imant;border-color: #000000 !imant;border-width: 0px !imant;-webkit-border-radius: 10px !imant;: #363636 !imant;font-size: 16px !imant;padding: 8px !imant;overflow: !imant;-: -webkit-gradientlinear, left top, right bottom, color-stop0%, #000, color-stop50%, #363636, color-stop100%, #000;: 999999 !imant;text-align: left !imant;"><div ="translate"><div ="additional"><a href="http://translate.google.com/">

i thought i was the only who think he moves and plays somehow like timo boll
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic