FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New - Xiom Hayabusa Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New - Xiom Hayabusa Blades
    Posted: 02/13/2012 at 4:14pm
Check out pics of a new Xiom blade range called Omni Hayabusa!

Apparently, there is a new cool composite material called "Zephylium" :-)

Hayabusa Z:

Hayabuza Zi:

Hayabusa Z+:

Hayabusa ZX:

Hayabusa ZXi:
Sponsored Links

shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2012 at 4:38pm
idk how the blade plays but it looks really good. 
maybe this new carbon has zylon in it or something like that.
apparently is has a very sharp feel but the carbon is actually very soft and flexible.
this looks very....interesting
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2012 at 7:03pm
wicked!!
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2012 at 7:06pm
WOW... pretty...

how much do they cost?

so... what are the differences between "modern", "classic" and "extreme" topspin?
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2012 at 7:28pm
what! no new 7 ply all wood blade from xiom?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 2:14am
Sleek design & colours.  The marketing looks impressive too Clap

Hayabussa:  Z, Zi, Z+, ZX, ZXi

Sounds like a high performance sports car

Edited by Snakefish - 02/14/2012 at 2:17am
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 2:32am
HOT DAYUM!
Viscaria
T05/T64
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 5:21am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

WOW... pretty...

how much do they cost?

so... what are the differences between "modern", "classic" and "extreme" topspin?

There used to be a Xiom equipment reseller in UK (prott.co.uk), then they went bust, but left a site full of Xiom marketing material around (http://xiomtabletennis.co.uk/?p=76). From there:
  • Modern Topspin : This is the most common playing style in modern table tennis. In this style, topspin is always the key technique of the game. Player hit the ball close to table of from mid distance. This playing style is divided again into some categories. Some players are more offensive, and the other players pursuit the balance between offense and defense. We call the playing style “modern allround” if the main technique of the player is topspin but he/she tries to keep balance between offense and defense.
  • Extreme Topspin : This playing style is close to modern topspin. But, the difference is its aggressiveness. The players of this playing style are very aggressive and are always aiming at the rising of ball from bounce. The key technique is of course topspin. And generally, the players of this playing style prefer counter topspin to block.
  • Classic Topspin : Classic topspin means power-play with topspin from mid distance. Decades ago this playing style had been one of common style of table tennis. And, still there are many players of this playing style. This playing style is very close to classic allround style. But, the difference is that “classic topspin” is more offensive. Power is indispensable to this playing style.
  • Classic Fast Attack : This playing style is very aggressive offensive style whose key technique isn’t topspin. Players of this playing style prefer direct hit to topspin. Some players begin their attack from topspin, but from the next shot they use direct hit, and finishes the rally with kill (smash). Passive block is also very important in this playing style. Generally, penholder players use pimples out rubbers on their forehand side. And, shakehand players use the combination of inverted rubbers on forehand side and pimples out rubbers on backhand side. Some shakehand players use pimples out rubbers on both of forehand & backhand sides. Also, some players are using long pimple rubbers or antispin rubbers on their backhand side. In this case, the playing style may be far from aggressiveness. But, basically it can be classified as one variation of “classic fast attack” style.
  • Classic Allround : Also in this playing style, topspin plays very important role. But, players of this playing style tries to use every technique of table tennis. And, they hit ball generally from mid distance, and they prefer balance between offense and defense to continuous offensive play. The difference from classic topspin is that “classic allround” is less offensive.
  • Cut Defense : Of course the key technique of this playing style is cut (chop) defense. Players are using special blade with big head and reduced speed. Also there are many sub-categories in this playing style. Some players like pure defensive play. They don’t try to attack at all. But, the other players frequently attack from forehand side with preparatory topspin or counter topspin. Even they try to smash. Gerenally, players use long pimple rubbers on their backhand side for variation and irregularity, and use inverted rubber on their forehand side for strong spin following their will. Please note that this classification can’t represent all playing style of table tennis. But, at least it will work as the guideline of selection when players try to find the proper equipments for them.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 5:24am
Is it just me, or the handle shape seems somewhat different from traditional Xiom blades?
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 5:47am
Looks like chinese made andro-joola blade.

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 6:30am
Am I the only who:

1) Thinks these blades look ridiculous

and

2) Just wishes Xiom would stop discontinuing blades and stick with some good ones which don't require gimmicky graphics to sell?

... I might be alone
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 6:37am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Is it just me, or the handle shape seems somewhat different from traditional Xiom blades?

I think you're right.... looks more rounded
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 6:54am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Am I the only who:

1) Thinks these blades look ridiculous

and

2) Just wishes Xiom would stop discontinuing blades and stick with some good ones which don't require gimmicky graphics to sell?

... I might be alone

+ 1!

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 8:28am
Yeah, too much pink in handle color ... :-) 
manofan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

lol
Hayabusa is the fastest motorcycle in the world, productin in large scale.
its made by SUZUKI btw...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 2:16pm
the more I think about these new blades, the less attached I'm becoming to my V-1...

it may go up for sale once I get my Nexy Calix
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 4:05pm

Snakefish

How about a high performance Motorcycle!

Edited by jrscatman - 02/14/2012 at 4:08pm
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 4:15pm

the more I think about these new blades, the less attached I'm becoming to my V-1...

I know what you mean. I used to love all this stuff, but now I have Calix, I can only ej rubbers.
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by manofan manofan wrote:

lol
Hayabusa is the fastest motorcycle in the world, productin in large scale.
its made by SUZUKI btw...
In Japanese, Hayabusa is a fast flying bird - probably a falcon.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 6:09pm

Hmm, the opposite for me. The more I play with my V1, the more I like it. What's so special about Nexy Calix?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 11:03pm

Hmm, the opposite for me. The more I play with my V1, the more I like it. What's so special about Nexy Calix?
check out the reviews... it's thinner, and the carbon is the 3rd veneer, not the 2nd, so it should be more flexible than V1 but still have the large sweet spot... that's the biggest factor for me. luckily, the one I have coming is 85 grams, just like my V1.
I do enjoy my V1 and at the moment it's my only blade until my OSP Expert and Calix arrive... but after seeing these new Xiom blades... ugh, I use to associate the name Xiom with great quality and prices less than Butterfly... now they're losing esteem with me
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2012 at 11:06pm
hopefully next year's models will have a strobing LED in the handle Ermm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 3:24am
sounds like that character in ninja gaiden, ruy hayabusa
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 9:32am
I do NOT like the look at all Unhappy
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 4:18pm
I like the handle design on the Zi.

I don't understand the descriptions at all. Xiom doesn't need anymore blades, and most of their composite blades are too stiff, but I can't say I'm not interested in how all of these 5.7-5.8mm thick Limba/composite blades feel. Good thing I don't EJ anymore. Shocked

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 6:33pm
Zi also seems like the most "allround" blade of the series ...
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 9:37pm
i just talked to ben nisbet from tabletennisstore.us and he said that these blades are supposed to be similar to the timo boll zlf and zlc series. tabletennisstore.us will have them in stock in may. 

Edited by shay2be - 03/01/2012 at 9:41pm
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 11:06pm
No one is mentioning anything about the weight. My wrist is afraid of heavy set ups and those can't be light with 158x152cm dressed  with a Tenergy and sort a chinese. Apart from it I find them really attractive
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2012 at 2:04am
Originally posted by shay2be shay2be wrote:

i just talked to ben nisbet from tabletennisstore.us and he said that these blades are supposed to be similar to the timo boll zlf and zlc series. tabletennisstore.us will have them in stock in may. 

.... so here we are in late July... no Xiom Hayabusa... another Vega China story

meanwhile, we have time to submit suggestions to Xiom about how they should launch this blade

i suggest they give away a t-shirt like this one with the purchase of each blade:

and it will be very important that you wear it to each match.

... hey, if your blade is going to scream it, your shirt should also!
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2012 at 9:55am
I bought today by a tt shop in munich the z+ fl 81g

The st version was 88g

From my side the construction is the same of boll zlf

In the shop there was also the zi, like z+ but with zylon as second ply

And the zxi, for me the same construction of boll zlc

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic