FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New - Xiom Hayabusa Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2012 at 10:09am
perhaps my prodding provoked Xiom to release the blades? (joke)

I also see that www.tabletennis11.com has them listed now

carmelomaf, did they have the shirt in your size? 

Edited by the_theologian - 07/26/2012 at 2:20pm
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2012 at 1:35am
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

I do NOT like the look at all Unhappy

Thumbs Down
On the contrary they look cool...must be superb blades perhaps there will be sy who share his experience.

You know there's no account for taste.

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 9:06pm
Post to tag this thread because I'd like to hear input.

Also, I will do a review of the Z+ that I purchased from Mr. Fatt... perhaps here, or elsewhere if he prefers.

I tried it briefly and was very impressed, but my impressions were slightly confounded because I was not using my main rubbers. 

I have purchased (and am awaiting) my primary rubbers to put on this blade before I give a "proper" review. 

I will say right off the bat, though: I was impressed with the sharp feel and the quickness of the blade despite how thin it is (especially compared to my NR-70s). 

More to come...

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 11:25pm
Why you just dont get another mj instead of wasting your money on a bunch of blades
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2012 at 1:07am
V interesting. 

I wish they made this Hayabusa line 157x150. 158x152 might make the setup a bit heavy and head-heavy for my taste especially with the heavier new-gen rubbers.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2012 at 1:13am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am happy I found this document:

That's nice and saves a lot of loading time: the XIOM web site is just too bloated.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2012 at 2:22am

ZXi composition from http://www.ttbdb.com

XiomHayabusa ZXi7
plies
83.5g
(mine)
5.7mmOff+KotoZephylium CarbonAyousKiri
CORE
AyousZephylium CarbonKoto

Kiri core like MJ
Koto outer like TB ZLC
Zephylium Carbon right behind outer like mj (innerforce go home!)

At 5.7mm and under 84 gr I think I am getting close to the graal. 

I am happy I found this document:

That seems like a great composition... though I'm not entirely sure what "Zephylium" is. They called the zylon "zylon" in the Zetro Quad so I would guess that the Zephylium is a different substance... but who knows.

I'm very interested to hear how it plays. 

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2012 at 9:54pm

also they are made by the moths.

Eh?
swampthing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2012 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

That seems like a great composition... though I'm not entirely sure what "Zephylium" is. They called the zylon "zylon" in the Zetro Quad so I would guess that the Zephylium is a different substance... but who knows.

Zephylium appears to be a proprietary name for the polymer they are using.  Zylon is a fabric that was a precursor to Kevlar in body armor.  

This series is interesting, but I sure like the hinoki on the Zetro.  Smile
Xiom Zetro Quad: FH: Hexer HD, BH: Hexer HD
Galaxy K-4: Tibhar Nimbus Medium, Palio Blitz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 1:54am
I finally got a chance to hit with my Hayabusa Z+ I purchased from fatt.

It is a FL handle and weighs (if I remember correctly) 84.6g. With my rubbers on it (TopENERGY Soft, max, and Renanos Hold, 1.9mm) it weighs a light 176g. 

Compared to my regular setup (see sig), it was ever so slightly head heavy. And I mean slightly. Not nearly as pronounced as my Carbo 7.6 but more so than my NR-70. TopENERGY Soft is a pretty heavy rubber (in the BWII black sponge range) so I'm quite confident that with "normal" weighted Tensors this blade would be even better balanced. And again, it's not bad to begin with, just noticeable. 

Despite the minor head heaviness, it's overall weight is less than my main setup by almost 10g. So I felt much more maneuverable with this setup, like I was playing with a wakizashi rather than with a katana Wink. The blade also has a nice feel upon contact. It feels a lot like an all-wood blade with sharp feedback from the koto. The vibration is crisp but it is very short-lived. 

It is quick for how thin it is, although it is not as fast as my NR-70. Normally I prefer ST handles. Although I was excited by the fact that this particular FL handle felt nice in my hand, upon playing with it I realized I wasn't nearly as comfortable as I'd hoped to be. This FL is about the size of a Stiga Master FL. Not smaller, but not much bigger if at all. Without it filling my hand like my regular ST, I felt like the blade was unstable in my hand. This is no fault of the blade but simply my own preference... but it may have tainted my review in general. Hopefully not. 

Keeping serves and drop shots low were no problem. This is not a bouncy blade at all. Looping and hitting had very good speed. However, I think this blade matches better with Japanese (and presumably Euro) rubbers, as I liked my backhand with this blade much more than my forehand. While the speed was good, the spin was a bit diminished compared to my NR-70. It wasn't a ton worse but it was noticeable enough that all three of my training partners made comments about it. I should add though that I was using a new sheet of hard, tacky rubber which often requires some time to break in, so the spin may be there at a future date. 

I do like this blade, but it's not love at first sight. It performs very, very well. I will continue to toy with it in my spare time, but for me and my game it does not perform as well as my NR-70. I am grateful to fatt for putting it in my hands and I plan to add more observations to this thread in the future. It may eventually make it to the For Sale section... but not quite yet. Smile

shirazir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirazir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 6:13pm
Honestly, I don't care how this blade plays, I just want one to stare at all day. I know the graphics aren't for everyone but look at that handle, and the detail on the handle tag!

Xiom is really stepping up their game. A good medium stiffness, medium softness looping blade in their lineup (like the TBS) could propel them beyond the ranks of Stiga or Donic rather quickly.

Edited by shirazir - 11/23/2012 at 6:15pm
Blade: Galaxy Venus-14

FH: Donic Bluefire M3

BH: Galaxy Moon

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 6:29pm
Good gods, fatt... That is a sexy blade.

Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 7:08pm
Thats one nice lookin blade....Daddy Likey
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 7:17pm
@fatt...
wow...Shocked & cool & cute Cool HahyahBoosa...
Nice graphic, quite thin & kinda a bit over-saturated on its face & everything...Lotta nice things you said about it, ermm...just as you did to other past beauties as well...
Wonder how long you would keep & play w/ this "The One"....
I'll start my waiting-by-the-fence, right now.....here on this side of the border.
EJ bugs are still contagious, eh?Big smile
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 7:41pm
The ad is cool.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

@fatt...
wow...Shocked & cool & cute Cool HahyahBoosa...
Nice graphic, quite thin & kinda a bit over-saturated on its face & everything...Lotta nice things you said about it, ermm...just as you did to other past beauties as well...
Wonder how long you would keep & play w/ this "The One"....
I'll start my waiting-by-the-fence, right now.....here on this side of the border.
EJ bugs are still contagious, eh?Big smile

He's waiting for my Photino. LOL
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 11:39pm
hahyah....
just realized that this Xiom offers more varieties or models than my favorite Toyota Camry's or Honda Accords.
I'd stick to my Photino & play/live happily ever after......
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 11:51pm

you should have added: "...'till I come around a photino light AN".
LOL good 1 & you got me there.....
Really, too many models of that HoorayBoosah & What'veYou...Too overwhelming, over-bloating with fine graphics, nos., data, details & colors...
We ain't got no time for those things, just go out & play, man...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 12:32am

no more blades; maybe another used hayabusa zxi. but 1st I need to spend time with this one. too many times I thought I had found the one but buying right away the matching pair always ended up as money savings; for the next buyer indeed.

Taking everything you said into account,  sounds like you need an Iolite Neo. Crisp speed and light weight with a great FL handle.  The avg wt for my set of 5 is 84 gms. Big smile

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 12:43am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

......need an Iolite Neo. Crisp speed and light weight with a great FL handle.  The avg wt for my set of 5 is 84 gms. Big smile
spare 1 for ermmmm....may be...cheap?LOL
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 12:48am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

......need an Iolite Neo. Crisp speed and light weight with a great FL handle.  The avg wt for my set of 5 is 84 gms. Big smile
spare 1 for ermmmm....may be...cheap?LOL

Go check with Santa. Wink

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 1:04am

Go check with Santa. Wink
ok..you go check (w/her?) & I wait here....LOL
swampthing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 1:18am

I loved the Zetro Quad very much but they are rare under 90 grams. My h-zxi is under 84 grams so it seems those will never get over 88 grams (just an intuition) and that getting one around 85 grams will be easy. in addition to the composition and beauty of the blade that's the main reason I decided to give it a go.

Does the slight increase in head size vs the Zetro make their overall weights roughly the same?

On the scale post, I bet your scale is just just rounding up.  Great looking blade, looking forward to learning more about it.
Xiom Zetro Quad: FH: Hexer HD, BH: Hexer HD
Galaxy K-4: Tibhar Nimbus Medium, Palio Blitz
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 11:53am
watchski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2012 at 11:59pm
i just got this bad boy... Xiom Hayabusa Z+   IT IS AWESOME....  very fast and solid feeling... 

I have tried different rubbers on it... and man oh man... with the Acuda S2... its like a rocket ship..

I also tried the Nittaku Hammond Pro B and wow..the control is sooo nice...   Love the new blade... very impressed...   i sure my wife doesn't notice this new blade....   "another one"   
Blades:
Ross Leidy (Nemesis)
Ross Leidy (Canxan)
Ross Leidy (Rapscallion)
Infinity VPS

Rubbers:
Nittaku S-1
Tenergy 80FX 1.9mm
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2012 at 12:20am
The EJ era is over for good.  ZXi with Bluefires are the ultimate choice for me .
Power , elegance, speed and precision of a hunting falcon .  Big smile

igszoctan
Strength and honour
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2012 at 12:39am

The Zxi is still softer than the TBS and MJ; speed in the high OFF but not crazy fast at all. That Zephylium is really special; it dampens and distributes all vibrations evenly everywhere so the feel is so smoother; not so much softer but much more even and clearer. 
This blade is such a winner; here with bf m2 and mark v m2, both in 2.0.
The 91 grams worth of rubbers make the setup slightly head heavy (83.5gr blade). Since the handle is thin (it reminds me the Cofferlait handle) I beefed it up with Wilson leatherette tennis grip and the balance is close to perfect now with 4 more grams at the handle level.

+1 so far I like what I see Big smile
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2012 at 1:06am
igszoctan
Strength and honour
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2012 at 1:07am

are your M2 and M3 are both MAX (the 198gr seems super high)? what is the weight of your blade?

Well, I must admit I forgot to weigh it before putting on the grip. So it weighs102 gramms with the grip.
Not an easy combo but much shorter arm movements are enough to carry out your shots.
Anyway, I use 2 mm rubbers.
Oh , yes and two layers of XIOM sealant are applied.

Edited by igszoctan - 12/24/2012 at 1:15am
igszoctan
Strength and honour
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2012 at 8:22am
What about the announced "sharp and clear vibrations"?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic