Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New - Xiom Hayabusa Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

it means that among the 2 Hayabusa Zxi blades that I know of, one is almost 84gr (mine) one 97gr or 98gr (I assume your grip is no more than 5 grams)

THAT'S a BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Oh , come on my dear friend . Do not make a big fuss about a few gramms .
As you can see they are ordinary kitchen scales and not those used at pharmacies after all LOL
Furthermore subtle alternations may occour during production process.

It is the superb feel (and distinctive sound) produced that makes me wanna hit, smash and enjoy the game.   

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2012 at 10:13pm
a french guy wrote that on the 1st French tt site:

ZEPHYLIUM ® is a polymer exclusively developed for XIOM blades and has a tensile strength 1.6 higher than Aramid. Vibration gives a natural feel and ball speed is improved. Ball control is amazing. Carbon fibers with ZEPHYLIUM creates extra energy and improved ball feeling. ZEPHYLIUM is a trademark of XIOM.
XCARBONE is the name of Carbon materials developed exclusively for XIOM. Carbon is the basis for increasing the speed and resistance. Carbon fibers can develop different properties, methods of training. XCARBONE is a superior fiber that fits well with natural wood. 
Driven into the wood or polymer materials, XCARBONE creates a better and softer feel than other Carbon fibers.

jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2012 at 6:30pm

a french guy wrote that on the 1st French tt site:

ZEPHYLIUM ® is a polymer exclusively developed for XIOM blades and has a tensile strength 1.6 higher than Aramid. Vibration gives a natural feel and ball speed is improved. Ball control is amazing. Carbon fibers with ZEPHYLIUM creates extra energy and improved ball feeling. ZEPHYLIUM is a trademark of XIOM.
XCARBONE is the name of Carbon materials developed exclusively for XIOM. Carbon is the basis for increasing the speed and resistance. Carbon fibers can develop different properties, methods of training. XCARBONE is a superior fiber that fits well with natural wood. 
Driven into the wood or polymer materials, XCARBONE creates a better and softer feel than other Carbon fibers.

very, very tempting indeed to try those new hayabusa blades Wink
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 4:34pm

only one left in FL: they had 5 and they were all between 81 and 85 grams.
$137 including shipping is a nice bargain.

one left in ST as well.
damn....I've my eyes on 2 Xioms (please guess..Embarrassed Fatt) but my lady & sunny want me to buy some others non-tt stuffs for them.
I'll wait for some used here @ mytt then..
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 7:51pm
only one left in FL and one left in ST at 104 EUROS 
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 8:33am
From the picture looks like the ZXi hhas Koto top plies, and the ZX has Limba.  Is this correct?  Which one of the 2 is camparable to IF ZLC?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 11:15am
I read before that yes, the ZXi has koto outer plies; in fact it has the same composition than the TBS if you replace BTY Arylate Carbon by the newer material that Xiom introduced: Zephylium.

In both cases the Zephylium is right behind the outer ply while the IF blades have the composite carbon stuck to the core.

The TB ZLC has Koto outer plies so my answer would be that the ZXi is closer to the ZLC.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 11:34am

I read before that yes, the ZXi has koto outer plies; in fact it has the same composition than the TBS if you replace BTY Arylate Carbon by the newer material that Xiom introduced: Zephylium.

In both cases the Zephylium is right behind the outer ply while the IF blades have the composite carbon stuck to the core.

The TB ZLC has Koto outer plies so my answer would be that the ZXi is closer to the ZLC.

I thought the ZXi has the Zephylium close to the CORE, while the ZX has it right behind the top ply.  What interesting is the ZX seem to have the Limba top ply, so in effect The ZXi has the same structure as the IF, but with KOTO top, and the ZX has the same structure as the TB, but with the Limba top.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 11:39am
It's just a blessing (for me) that Xiom doesn't (CAN'T?) make good decent Anatomic handle version for some of these "High ends".
I hereby lay my EJ "dream" for this Xiom to rest.....

Edited by tiehwen - 01/11/2013 at 11:39am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I thought the ZXi has the Zephylium close to the CORE, while the ZX has it right behind the top ply.  What interesting is the ZX seem to have the Limba top ply, so in effect The ZXi has the same structure as the IF, but with KOTO top, and the ZX has the same structure as the TB, but with the Limba top.

I am confident you are mistaken about the Zxi:

look at those pictures of my 1st Zxi:

and the close up picture right after that post (plies).

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 2:49pm

xi-OMMMMM...

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 3:22pm

I am confident you are mistaken about the Zxi:

look at those pictures of my 1st Zxi:

and the close up picture right after that post (plies).

You are right about the ZXi, and the picture confirms it.  However, in the description it says 'Zephylium Carbon close to the core ply makes ZXi feel more solid and genuine' which leads me to believe the Zephylium is closer to the CORE. 

In the ZX it says 'Zephylium Carbon character in the second layer makes ZX feel sensibly sharp but unbelievably softer than other composite blades', what does it mean?  I wish some one who has the ZX can confirm the structure.  If ZX is indeed has the Zephylium close the CORE, then it looks like they have the descriptions mixed up, and the ZX is a lot like the IF ZLC, which I maybe interested in.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 5:21pm

In the ZX it says 'Zephylium Carbon character in the second layer makes ZX feel sensibly sharp but unbelievably softer than other composite blades', what does it mean?  I wish some one who has the ZX can confirm the structure.  If ZX is indeed has the Zephylium close the CORE, then it looks like they have the descriptions mixed up, and the ZX is a lot like the IF ZLC, which I maybe interested in.
you make such a strong point!!!  maybe they did invert the descriptions. We need to put our hands on a zx now.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 5:40pm
Hello mhnh007

I went to xiomtt.com and  here is what I see; obviously different than the picture in the OP ('third layer' instead of 'second layer'); they made corrections. Thank you for underlining the problem. 
So I guess your answer is that the ZX is closer to the IF ZLC and the ZXi closer to the TB ZLC.

The description of the ZXi still mentions zephylium "towards the center" though; I am receiving a 2nd ZXi very soon so we'll see if I get the same composition structure.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 10:59pm
the Zi has an ayous core sandwiched by Zephylium (not Zcarbon); a strong candidate for Innerforce lovers who do not want the hardness of carbon.

koto - limba - Zephylium - AYOUS - Zephylium - limba - koto

reminder: Z = Zephylium (competitor of Zylon); ZX = Zephylium Carbon (ZLC competitor); 

I have not figured out what the i stands for in Zi and ZXi. any idea?

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 11:57pm

by the way my favorite handle in terms of fashion (...) is the ZX.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 1:47am

for Internet, like in iPad, or for Intake, like in XDi SUVs

And what does X stand for, in that chain of thoughts? I don't see X in "carbon". Tongue

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 5:55pm
so fatt, Andro kinetic supreme zylon hinoki vs Xiom Zetro Quad vs the Hayabusa ZXi (all 3 blades that you supposedly thought were the end of your ejing) - which wins and why?
Smile
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:02pm
So from what I understood Zxi is softer, lighter and faster than Mizutani? 

If yes then it's definitely for me Smile
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

So from what I understood Zxi is softer, lighter and faster than Mizutani? 

If yes then it's definitely for me Smile
I am afraid I was wrong if I said it is faster than the MJ. Sorry; I think I had said that after an impressive bouncing test on a bare blade but at play time it is not faster than MJ; probably because the MJ is heavier, stiffer and harder.
it is DEFINITELY softer and lighter (at least my 2 blades are almost 4 to 10gr lighter than the 4 MJ I have owned in the past). 
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:18pm

The Andro Zylon Hinoki could very well be my main blade. It was perfect and frankly I did not need anything better but I am still happy to have found something between the Andro and the MJ in terms of softness and a bit faster too.

I guess you meant only faster than the Andro blade then, right? 

So is it slower or same speed then? 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:33pm
ok thanks a lot!!! Thumbs Up
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:34pm

by the way my favorite handle in terms of fashion (...) is the ZX.

Which one has AWD ?

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:35pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:40pm

Edited by Anderni - 01/12/2013 at 7:40pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:49pm
it's funny they chose such a fine and lean bird to name such a fast but rather fat motorcycle.
watchski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 12:24pm
I have the Z+.   Its a great blade.   Per your question:  

"the ZX it says 'Zephylium Carbon character in the second layer makes ZX feel sensibly sharp but unbelievably softer than other composite blades', what does it mean?  I wish some one who has the ZX can confirm the structure.  If ZX is indeed has the Zephylium close the CORE, then it looks like they have the descriptions mixed up, and the ZX is a lot like the IF ZLC, which I maybe interested in."

I believe that my Z+ PLAYS THIS WAY: Its very crisp and sharp.   It is also very solid feeling.  I have the TB ZLF and the Xiom zetro quad.    This blade feels like an Off - to me.    
Both the ZQ and the ZLF feel slightly faster but only barely.

I agree, that it feels like the ZLC.  
The ZLF feels softer and less crisp but its just not as fast as I expected.

Edited by watchski - 01/13/2013 at 12:25pm
Blades:
Ross Leidy (Nemesis)
Ross Leidy (Canxan)
Ross Leidy (Rapscallion)
Infinity VPS

Rubbers:
Nittaku S-1
Tenergy 80FX 1.9mm
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 8:17am

the Zi has an ayous core sandwiched by Zephylium (not Zcarbon); a strong candidate for Innerforce lovers who do not want the hardness of carbon.

reminder: Z = Zephylium (competitor of Zylon); ZX = Zephylium Carbon (ZLC competitor); 

OK, I think it all makes sense to me now.  They did not just get the description mixed up, the Description is correct for the name.  However, they got the name mixed up LOL.  Whoever setup the printing, is probably going to get canned :).  I think the 'i' in Zi, or ZXi is supposed to stand for inner, just like the Innerforce in BTY blades.  The 'X" I think is suppose to be Extra, for the added Carbon.

So this is what I think they want to do:
Z = TB ZLF
Zi = IF ZLF
ZX = TB ZLC
ZXi = IF ZLC.

However, they got the 'i' and the non 'i' mixed up.  I did try the IF ZLC, and really like it.  I hope if anyone has play with both IF ZLC and the ZX and confirm their similarity.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 10:55am

OK, I think it all makes sense to me now.  They did not just get the description mixed up, the Description is correct for the name.  However, they got the name mixed up LOL.  Whoever setup the printing, is probably going to get canned :).  I think the 'i' in Zi, or ZXi is supposed to stand for inner, just like the Innerforce in BTY blades.  The 'X" I think is suppose to be Extra, for the added Carbon.

So this is what I think they want to do:

Z = TB ZLF

Zi = IF ZLF

ZX = TB ZLC

ZXi = IF ZLC.

However, they got the 'i' and the non 'i' mixed up.  I did try the IF ZLC, and really like it.  I hope if anyone has play with both IF ZLC and the ZX and confirm their similarity.

So, this is the actual list then?

Z = IF ZLF
Zi = TB ZLF
ZX = IF ZLC
ZXi = TB ZLC

So where does the Z+ fit into this?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 1:43pm
WOOOOWWW!!! mhnh007 this makes a lot of sense; if it is true then it means the whole series is all mixed up and yes, somebody might start applying out there.

they will probably argue the "i" means the zephylium and zeph/carbon is right after the top ply; the "i" means something like "instant" to express the zeph or zeph/carbon material acts more...instantly Confused because so much closer to the point of contact with the ball. 

would you buy it? LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic