Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2016 at 12:06pm
Thanks for your feedback. Luckely I made right choice ordering Zealot which arrived to me today. Will start testing it probably next month and give my review. The main concern for me is weight balance so I can play aggressive flicks with bh and for easier recovery. So let's see if I made right choice or made expensive mistake Smile

I am from Kazakhstan by the way.
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2016 at 6:00pm
Testers for Rubicon and Karis M/M+ wanted: if interested apply here, and/or here!
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 4:39am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

My lord, I want to join knights of the round table.
I'm using Nexy Peter Pan for over pass 2 years.
Owning Spear, Arirang , Zealot.

Crowsfeather, under the power conferred to me by being the First Member, I dub you on the shoulders with my ancient Lissom blade and award you the membership No. 30 of the Nexy Clan. Tongue

I want to join the clan too my lord. I'm Crowsfeather's friend and I'm using Tibhar quad wings control and Nexy Kanaph as my main. I'm owning Tibhar quad wings control,Lissom,Olam,Kanaph and also looking forward to try a few more Nexy blades in the future.
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 5:55pm
arteepr, sorry, I had overlooked your post. You're now officially clan member 39! (full list on the initial posts of this thread).
Join the Nexy Clan!
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 10:48am
I got a tenujin+, guess I can join Nexy and single ply hinoki two clubs with one blade
EJ-turned blade collector
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

I got a tenujin+, guess I can join Nexy and single ply hinoki two clubs with one blade

Big smile I suppose so. Welcome to the Nexy Clan.

For the 1-ply hinoki blades club, you have to apply separately, though. No longer sure what the main thread of the club is... the search function brought up this and this. But not sure whether there is a list and who maintains it. In case you find out, please share the answer here or to me via PM.

Save

Edited by arg0 - 03/19/2017 at 5:04pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 6:19pm
Thank you arg0
EJ-turned blade collector
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 7:33pm
New JPen blade: Nexy Pancra

Join the Nexy Clan!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2017 at 7:50am
New nexy blade - Cakra.

Looks to be a defensive combi blade - one side similar to rubicon's outer ply, one side white ash.

This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2017 at 6:21pm
I hope to join this club someday. I have read some reviews here and parts of the directors diary. 

Coming off as a predominant TBS and MM user, what would you guys recommend for me to try in the Nexy line that is between the two in springy-ness. 

Interested in the Spear, Z-blade, Olam, and Higgs, probably. Help please Smile
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2017 at 6:44pm
If you're playing with a TBS or MM, Spear will be too slow I think.  It's a really nice blade, though, and is very forgiving.
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2017 at 7:02pm
If you are coming of a TBS, try the Zealot
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by SmileTT SmileTT wrote:

Coming off as a predominant TBS and MM user, what would you guys recommend for me to try in the Nexy line that is between the two in springy-ness.
Interested in the Spear, Z-blade, Olam, and Higgs, probably. Help please Smile

Regarding springy-ness alone, Zealot, as suggested may fit, it's a 5-ply all-wood blade though.
If you are looking for a composite blade and also take speed into account, Tibhar Inca (developed by Nexy) and Calix II may be closer matches.Save
Join the Nexy Clan!
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 11:11am
How about the Peter Pan, guys?

So funny, the more I "study", the less I understand about what I want Embarrassed
Feedbacks
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by SmileTT SmileTT wrote:

How about the Peter Pan, guys?
So funny, the more I "study", the less I understand about what I want Embarrassed

What's exactly the question? Have you read the reviews (see the link in the first post)?Save
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 4:14pm
Was reading the first posts on the thread and realised it may be useful to copy sahiggs100's signature, just in case che changes setup, in future.

Originally posted by sahiggs100 sahiggs100 wrote:

You can see my setup below, I'm mainly a forehand looper, I loop everything that I can with my fh and I use my bh mainly to counter or return of serve. Both the outlaw and the h3 neo seem to work quite well for me.

Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red
Join the Nexy Clan!
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 12:45am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

New nexy blade - Cakra.

Looks to be a defensive combi blade - one side similar to rubicon's outer ply, one side white ash.

How does the Cakra compare to the Tivalu or the Labyrinthos?

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2017 at 2:01pm
New product: NEXY Arche blade (product page in Korean)

Announcement (machine-translated):

Arche is the beginning and origin of all things.
We do not know exactly what the beginning of this world is.

It is a story that scholars study 13 billion or 13.7 billion years ago,
At a time when we have not yet seen the end of the universe,
Whether the explosive energy was initiated by the collision of the multiverse,
Otherwise, in a truly perfect radish, there is no unimaginable
Whether infinite energy is generated is included in the question.

(The Hubble telescope, which is visible outside the universe in space, can not observe the end of the universe yet.
But NASA predicts that if the James Web space telescope is mounted in space sooner or later, the end of the universe will be visible.
What is outside the universe? What sources of ours left behind clues on the boundaries of outer space and outer space?

However, in our lives, there are various kinds of arche.
During youth, I often promise that I will be a good person if I change the class, and I will live differently from last year.
When you get a new job, you may start a new one.
With marriage, and having the first child, our beginnings begin again.
The fundamental power of man to live life safely in suffering is always a new beginning over the wrong or sick past.
I think it is because I can do it.

A new start requires new thinking, attitude, and methodology.
If there is no newness in thinking, attitude and methodology, changing things will eventually be overshadowed.
We are nothing but helpless observers of the origin of the universe and the birth of energy, but at least in our lives
It is the main character who can create a new arke and draw it out.

Nexy will mark the 10th anniversary of the brand in 2017.
Perhaps it was not until November 2007 that Nexy first launched its first-generation product.
After 10 years, Nexy is now able to match the various blades within the range that the table tennis players want,
Have been released in various ways.

If you do not start a new Arke at this point,
It can also become a replica blade mass production brand.

Human history is like a wheel.
While rolling, the point where the wheel touches comes back to the ground, but the wheel that touches the ground is the former seat
You will come into contact with the new place.
The "chakra" (wheels) of the civilization of mankind feel the same grief and joy of the past as in the present generation,
It is not staying, and it is saying that it is going forward continuously.

In October 2017, Nexy's chakra will now open up to the next level (Arque), past all the 4th generation of blades.

ARKE is the fifth generation of the Nexi to create a new level of blades that reflects all the results of the last generation.
This is the second product of the 5th generation that willed.
Chakra was the first product of the Nexy 5 generation, the next generation version of the Actium blade, a defensive blade,
The first offensive blade reflects the many benefits that have been pursued in every product of the past generation.

The center layer structure of the blade coincides with the "Kim Jung Hoon" blade.
Kim Jung Hoon blades are the third generation of NEXYS 'products, with a deep impact for a strong orient and an adjustable repulsive force.
There are some people who feel a large repulsive force depending on the case due to the influence of the surface material, but the center layer itself has a variable repulsive force
It can be seen as weakened form.

Nexy's backhand configuration uses the "white ash" layer, which has been thoroughly examined in Nexy's second generation "Rimsa" blades.
White Ash is very attack-oriented in that it can hold the ball in a very stable manner and allow it to be sprayed with its own strength.
It's a bit more control-oriented for players, but Nexy thinks this white ash is a very aggressive
It is used on the blades Kim Jung Hoon blades,
It showed that it can be combined.

Arke's backhand, in particular, reflected the demands of contemporary table tennis, which relied heavily on Chikita and backhand flick.
Because the ball has a clinging feel to the blade, and the ball is well placed,
You can easily polish your chikita and backhand flicks.
There is also a strong backhand because there is a characteristic that is deeply caught and sprinkled strongly.
Arke's backhand play is a steady control and deep grip that Kim Jung Hoon and Rimham Blade showed
It will make you feel the power to shed simultaneously.

The forehand side of Arke is the surface layer that was tested in rubicons released at the end of 4th generation.
It is an aggressive surface material that raises the ball high. In many cases, the game characteristics of the table tennis players,
It was designed to target a powerful forehand drive that would not be easily broken in any rally.
Arke's forehand is more of a straightforward rather than a ball. But even with its simple impact
It pulls up the ball enough though.

It also gives a very light batting sense when you use one strong drive.
It is a very suitable material for modern pressure table tennis using poly balls.

The "Arcane" blades, which combine the 2nd generation backhand surface layer and the 4th generation forehand surface layer in the center layer of the third generation,
The combination of Rimsham's sense of batting, Kim Jung-hoon's performance, and the strength of Rubicon are all combined.
A good product is good when it combines good things and performs better than the sum.
Therefore, we can explain it separately, but Arque is also not the same as any.

Those who recommend Arke would like to attack with flick and drive boldly in front of the netball in the backhand side,
Forehands are bigger and more colorful drives that you want to connect and press.
However, I think that there are many worries about rubber because the two sides have different characteristics.
Even if you use the same rubber on both sides, the properties of both sides will feel differently.

The most common rubber used during the production of the blades is Nexy's Karris M (forehand) and Stygard's Airlock Astro S (backhand).
However, I think you can play various types of performances with various rubbers.
I hope that Arke will be able to start a new level of table tennis again.

Thank you.

Edited by arg0 - 10/26/2017 at 3:33pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Regarding springy-ness alone, Zealot, as suggested may fit, it's a 5-ply all-wood blade though.
If you are looking for a composite blade and also take speed into account, Tibhar Inca (developed by Nexy) and Calix II may be closer matches.Save

I would also present Nexy Arirang as a composite blade with an emphasis on control and spin production. It is kinda like a controlled faster Lissom with softish feel, not saying it is easier to control than Lissom, but many composite blades require finer touch. Arirang makes it easy.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2017 at 11:20pm
Thanks for the continual replies. Arche sounds cool they all do. I still have yet to wield a Nexy blade in hand.
Feedbacks
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 4:21am
NEXY completed its 4th generation blades with the release of RUBICON.

During past 10 years, Nexy has made many blades, and with this latest release I can say with confidence that we succeeded in filling-in all the gaps for players’ blade needs.

To illustrate Nexy’s array of blades types, I have provided a data table for our well known blades.

Rating          Elasticity     Ad.Elasticity    Hardness   Rel.Hardness

Fiber blades (Super High Elasticity type)
Nexy Akrasia        127           -9%           112        -3%
Nexy Hannibal       114           -8%           106          0%
Nexy OZ               108            0%           105        -9%

Fiber blades (Regular type)
Nexy Oscar            97            -7%            95        +9%
Nexy Chedech        97            -8%            93        +7%
Nexy Kanaph          94            -5%            92        +12%
Nexy Spartacus       86            -11%           84        +14%
Nexy Amazon          86            -10%           83        +19%

Fiber blades (Variable Elasticity type)
Nexy Qabod          97            +19%           101       -20%
Nexy Calix II        92            +26%           100       -19%
Nexy Arirang        89            +24%            98       -15%
Nexy Calix            82            +36%            91       -24%

7-ply wood blades
Nexy Olam              90            -13%           86        +14%
Nexy Rubicon          89            +10%           94          0%
Nexy Z blade          89             +8%           93          0%
Nexy Higgs             87            -16%           82        +14%
Nexy Lissom           79             -3%           78        +10%

5-ply wood blades
Nexy Spear             99            -15%           91        +12%
Nexy Zealot            98            -20%           89        +11%
Nexy Dexter           96            -18%           91        +22%
Nexy Color             90             -3%           90          +4%
Nexy PeterPan        83             +7%           88        +10%

(Note that these figures were not considering the blade with swing movemen and rubber's spin generating action. In some blades, Nexy is adopting dual speed system, but machine is lacking the ability to check the actual data during the movement. It's just newtral data of a blade without rubbers attached, and set on a non-movemnet jig.)

Meaning of Each Rating

1. Elasticity
> Basic elasticity or speed of blade. Higher value means higher speed/elasticity.
> 90 is the middle value. Elasticity rating of most blades is in the 80~100 range. Over 100 means super high elasticity. Under 100 means noticeably diminished elasticity.
> You may consider 80~85 = ALL+, 85~90 = OFF-, 90~95 = OFF and 95~100 = OFF. However, please note this is not an exact science.

2. Additional Elasticity
> This means the response of blade when player makes a hard impact.
> If this rating is close to 0%, the response of blade is regarded as linear without much variation of elasticity. If this rating is 'plus' (= bigger than 0%), the bounce of ball becomes bigger than that expected from impact input. If this rating is 'minus' (= smaller than 0%), the bounce of ball becomes smaller than that expected from impact input.
> The blades with 'plus' rating are good for performing various techniques, and they are especially good for a hard smash due to its additional rebound. The blades with a 'minus' rating are good for continuous topspin or extremely aggressive close-to-the table topspin thanks to its holding-the-ball feeling.
> Additional rebound or good holding is noticeable when this value is over +10% or under -10%.

3. Hardness
> Basic feeling of blade. Higher value means a harder feeling, and lower value means a softer feeling.
> 90 is the middle value. 90 means that the blade isn't especially hard or soft. Hardness of most blades is in the range of 80~100.
> For example, about 80~ is the typical value of many 5-ply wood blade.

4. Relative Hardness
> Relative feeling at blade wing when compared to the basic feeling (= hardness).
> If this rating is close to 0%, the feeling of blade is even. Players may notice that the feeling at wing is similar to basic overall feeling. If this rating is 'plus' (= bigger than 0%), the feeling at blade wing is relatively harder (or stronger) than the basic feeling. If this rating is 'minus' (= smaller than 0%), the feeling at blade wing is relatively softer (or weaker) than the basic feeling.

As you can see from the Nexy blade data table, we worked hard to fill most needs for blade development. After releasing Rubicon, I was not sure how to move forward, so I considered what other brands have done:

(1) Release a new blade with a new design printing and new handle, but with the same composition.

Many brands are releasing new blades without any big change in the performance of the blade. They can easily generate new sales without any research and development. They simply use new names for the blade, alter the shape and material a little, and attach a different handle. But this is the last thing Nexy would do!

(2) Test the blade with a well known player, and change a little, and name it after the player.

This is also a common way to make a new blade with a proven data and track record. They simply give the well-known blade to a professional player, slightly alter the design, and name it after the player. Nexy does not have a contract with any professional players, and this is not something we are seeking. Nexy strives to have a clear motivation for each new product, and does not want to ask for help from professional players to increase sales. Brand manager must be a leader, not a follower.

(3) Release trendy blades.

The third way is to analyze the market and make a copy blade to keep up with the current trends. In table tennis, companies often don't have much conscious about copying other brand products. Rather, it's commonly accepted that all brands release similar products for new season. But I don't agree with this method, and I refuse to study the market and become a late follower.

These three clauses are the most popular ways to run new blades' development, but Nexy must be different. Nexy must be innovative with each new release. So, I decided to conclude the 4th generation and begin the 5th generation with a new method.

Okay then, what else I can I do to make the 5th generation extraordinary?

1. I will not study the market and copy any popular trend. I’m not interested in the composition of other brands' blades. I can test some of them, but not so deep as to interfere with my Nexy design process. Rather, I will focus on testing previous Nexy blades I designed.

2. I will continue to consider the poly ball for all new designs. The poly balls are bigger and slower, and Nexy must enhance and upgrade it's standard power criteria to accommodate and compensate. Thus, 4th generation will provide valuable information for the 5th generation, and the 4th generation will combine with other generations.

3. I am proud of the past 10 years' products and pleased that previous generation blades are still selling well and being used by players of all levels. I will not try to upgrade them, because I don’t want players to think I deserted original designs. But I will try to release a new line of blades that retain some qualities of original designs. Therefore, Nexy's 5th generation will release new products, and you will find them right beside the past generation blades. You can choose which version you like more. Let me be clear when I say, past generation blades are still meaningful and viable for the current table tennis environment. But I want to diversify more with the upcoming generation of blades.

With this new idea, I am releasing two new blades. One is CAKRA and the other one is ARCHE. I will continue to write more about these two blades in my next articles.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Nexy - 10/28/2017 at 4:21am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 3:12pm
Thanks, that's very valuable information.
Data based on real measurements, not just manufacturer's hype!
They cannot describe how a blade feels, but can help in narrowing down the choice.
They can also help someone who plays blade A but is looking for a blade B that is slightly stiffer, or harder, etc.

Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 6:21am
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Launching CAKRA!

Nexy is moving forward with its 5th generation blades, and CAKRA is the first to be released.

This new generation will utilize all the data Nexy has accumulated over the past 10-years, making this new collection a blend of good features from previous generations, combined with added consideration for the unique character of the poly ball.

Nexy does not want to copy well-known blades and simply release them with different names. Nexy strives to be new and creative with each release. Therefore, all new 5th generation blades will share some good qualities of past generations, but they will also be different.

CAKRA is a 9-ply wooden blade, designed for the traditional defensive player. It’s a combination blade that adopts a different surface wood for the forehand and backhand side to give better performance for defensive players, who sometimes need a strong attack for their forehand and stable control for their backhand. CAKRA is basically borrowing the composition of AKTIUM, which Nexy made under the Tibhar brand, but with some modifications. CAKRA is a little bit heavier than AKTIUM, taking into consideration that most defensive players use long pimple rubbers with little or no sponge, which are lighter than inverted rubbers. Defensive blades are also slightly larger than attacking blades to enhance the stability of chopping away from the table. As a 5th generation blade, CAKRA is using 3rd generation blade AKTIUM's basic composition along with 4th generation blade RUBICON’s forehand side surface wood.

Let us check more features of CAKRA, one-by-one:

9-ply Structure

The most common structure for table tennis blades is 5-ply. This is extremely reasonable in several ways, but we have good reasons for making CAKRA a 9-ply racket.

(1) Why we don’t prefer one-ply blades?
Natural wood ply usually gets bent as time goes by. To reduce this tendency, we glue several plies together. If we construct a blade with one wooden panel, we must be careful to select a specific type of wood, and we usually need to dry them for a long time. However, in the natural environment, wood becomes bent over time because it is affected by humidity. It absorbs the moisture in the wet season (Summer), and releases it during the dry season (Winter). The texture can be affected by this process; therefore, we usually use several plies for constructing blades.

There is another consideration. In most cases, a thin one-ply blade is not strong enough to provide good power on the ball. When we use many plies together for blade structure, glue is used, and this glue layer enhances the power of the blade. So, we prefer to bond several plies together to create a thin, powerful blade.

(2) Why are 5-plies considered the standard composition for blades?
To prevent the blade from bending over time, we usually use several layers woven in different directions. Placing the center layer in the vertical direction helps deliver the impact of the wood directly to the hand. The surface wood will also look nicer if it is located vertically, because the blade is usually long from the handle to the end of the head. Therefore, 3-ply blades are not generally good for blade composition because the center wood needs to be located in the horizontal position. Thus, 5-ply blades are standard.

The main role for each ply is as follows:

a. Center-ply: Controls the blade weight, and decides the speed and power.
b. Surface wood layer: Affects the spin generation and the general feeling on the impacting moment.
c. Second ply beneath the surface wood layer: Helps the center wood function. If we use hard wood, the ball jumps off the blade and goes faster. If we use a soft layer, it helps absorb the impact of the ball and embraces the ball longer to generate additional spin.

(3) Exceptions: One-ply Hinoki J-pen blade / 7-ply, 9-ply, and 3-ply blades
In Asian countries, especially in Korea and Japan, many players use a one-ply Hinoki J-pen. The blade must be thick, and the material requires a long drying time to minimize the bending rate. With Hinoki, this is possible because the wood is light and moisture resistant.

There are many 7-ply blades. Their structure is usually like 5-ply blades, only we use the second and the third ply like the second ply of a 5-ply blade. In some cases, we cross the second ply and the third ply in different directions, one as vertical and the other as horizontal. In other cases, we use both plies in one direction together, normally horizontal. However, the basic role for each ply is similar to that of 5-ply models.

For 9-ply blades, the surface wood is mainly related to the spin and feeling, and the other plies can be divided. In some cases, we use the second ply to support the function of the surface wood, and we use the third and fourth plies to support the center wood layer. In other cases, we use the second and third plies to support the surface wood, and the third ply to support the center wood. For all occasions, each design has its own purpose. However, I don't think we need to make 11 or 13-ply blades. If we use too many plies, it would just add more glue, which adds weight and decreases spin and control.

(4) CAKRA is a 9-ply blade
For CAKRA, I adopted a 5-ply blades’ basic role for each ply. The surface wood is mainly responsible for spin generation and feeling. The center layer is related to the balance of weight and power and helps deliver the impact of the ball to the hand. Between these layers, I use the second ply to support the function of the top ply, while the third and forth layers support the center layer.

Forehand Side

CAKRA's forehand side uses the same wood as RUBICON. So, we can assume that CAKRA is related to the 4th generation on its forehand side. RUBICON’s surface wood has a good functional feature for looping the ball with a high arc. It's arc is generally higher than other surface materials, and it allows easy access to the low angle looping away from the table. This feature helps players make powerful loop drives and chops from a distance. This surface wood also has a good embracing ability, which allows players to make stable long-range shots with ease. Moreover, the big head size provides excellent control for the ball placement. You can aim at any corner and place your shot there with less difficulty.

Backhand Side

CAKRA's backhand side uses the same surface material as AKTIUM. It has superior control and absorbs the ball deeply. This surface wood is white ash, a little slow and dull for fast play. However, Nexy discovered a good way to use it. When we cut the white ash layer thin, it becomes more spinnier and provides pinpoint control for ball placement. So, the basic role for this backhand side material is to help players to exert spinny backhand chops away from the table and make attacking shots close to the net, allowing a deep impact and exact control.

CAKRA & AKTIUM

AKTIUM was released under the Tibhar brand name, but designed by Nexy. When I made AKTIUM, I gave the two sides different features. For the forehand side, I tried to provide a long, powerful flight trajectory. For the backhand side, I tried to provide more stability and accuracy, as well as good spin for easy, powerful chopping from all locations. So, when I adopted AKTIUM's general character for CAKRA, I used the good features from the 3rd generation. However, AKTIUM was a little lighter than the ideal weight for a defensive blade, so I made CAKRA a little heavier. I also tried to raise the arc to enhance looping and chopping for the forehand side. So, you can expect similar functions from both blades, but CAKRA will be a little heavier and will be make a higher arc than AKTIUM. I cannot say which one is better, because some players will prefer a lower, more aggressive ball movement, and other players will prefer a lighter weight blade. You can decide which you prefer.

The Meaning of CAKRA

CAKRA means "wheel." In ancient India, Greece, or Rome, one nation could win a war against an enemy who did not have wheels, So, CAKRA gave victory to the people who could design and use them to make an effective weapon, the chariot! It is my hope that CAKRA blade can give victories to players who realize the power of CAKRA.

With CAKRA, the defensive player can make a big, sweeping circle when generating under-spin away from the table. This blade illustrates the movement of the choppers. Therefore, I think this blade's name gives good spirit for defensive players. Moreover, when we see the wheel, it appears stationary, attached to the axle of the wheel, but when we look more carefully we notice the wheel is steadily progressing.

CAKRA promises to help you progress forward with your defensive play.

Thank you for reading this article.

Edited by Nexy - 11/01/2017 at 6:21am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 11:29am
I posted my initial impressions of Nexy Arche here.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 6:25pm
Tibhar Akkad (designed by Oscar) added to the first post.

Edited by arg0 - 01/21/2018 at 6:26pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 6:29pm
Testers for Nexy Arche wanted. If interested, apply here.

In particular, if you have published reviews before, or your USATT rating is >1900 (or equivalent for non-US players), you currently have reasonable chances to get selected.

You may also apply as "lucky" tester with no special qualifications required, though.

Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 6:42pm
Nexy Ace spotted on the Tak9 store

Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2018 at 6:49pm
Tibhar Akkad (designed by Oscar) on a Tibhar regional website.
Interestingly, the blade is priced at €70 (less than Rubicon and Arche).

Edited by arg0 - 06/18/2018 at 6:49pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2019 at 5:37pm
Testers for the new Tibhar MX-K and/or MX-K H rubbers wanted, please see here.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Flobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2019 at 7:05am
Something new about the Nexy Pro ALC? Looks interesting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic