FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 3:29pm
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 3:30pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 3:30pm
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2015 at 12:41am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Lissom? Looked like anigre outers.

I have a Lissom. It seems a bit like a cross between Nittaku Violin and Yasaka Extra.

For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2015 at 12:42am
Great review, Berkeley Doctor. I originally thought a Zealot/Akrasia comparison was called for, but their configuration are so different . . . probably doesn't make sense. 
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 10:27pm
Ah, my new beauties! Notice the similarity between Zealot and my floor — it will undoubtedly be durable, take a beating, and easy to clean!

Edited by tommyzai - 09/12/2015 at 8:53pm
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 10:31pm
The sound . . .

AKRASIA
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zm8fqg38vbipcb9/Akrasia.mp3?dl=0

ZEALOT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m8cfqskp7bgrtv/Zealot.mp3?dl=0

Edited by tommyzai - 09/10/2015 at 10:33pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 11:39pm
New unannounced (here) Nexy Olam blade spotted on tak9.com

This is a machine translation of the description (from Korean):

Meaning of olram (OLAM) has the meaning "eternity." We humans given time limit that finally we have to admit that it makes me disappear for a while repose there in this universe. But we hope dreams of eternal existence beyond this limit.

Olram are decorated with a desire symbolized by this our design. How do I design does not get caught forever, but not an easy subject, but that is another dimension imaging haetjiyo eternity we live in overlapping dimensions.

Olram is the fourth generation of blade Nexy. The size and weight as the fourth generation of the blade and the ark of the jelrot Nexy basic characteristics similar to jelrot. But the feeling of the ball touches the moment is very different.

Four generations of Nexy are oriented to the line element. Say the attraction is the element of line balls, it Nexy the elements of the attraction through the surface layer implements, separated by a few steps.

The attraction of a strong element of program material Kana in Kiso hinoki Nexy material is equipped with a powerful attraction by the use of Hinoki surface as 3.5G. While some professionals from Kununurra to ease the attraction it is the body that give the feeling that the deck get the ball to a wider area. And the body is little more than a factor of attraction deck mitigation but still felt the blade to hold the ball touches the ball deep enough to have the power jelrot. Jelrot until the moment the ball touches the ball may seem to have a stay in an instant attraction.

But olram is an element of attraction to the less than three blades. But there is still an element of attraction to the surface of the material used in olram are more concentrated than in the sense of a moment out of reach stretches touching rather than dragging.

That is the moment the ball touches very lightly falling and approaching the exact impact is extremely easy to send users to the ball in the desired direction in a short time. Only those who come to use the existing fourth-generation blade may not be felt as an advantage when the lightness of the first seven, performing a play olram you can feel that you have strengths in this completely different side and another four generations.

Since olram take a short moment of impact and at the same time attraction towards the surface to the depth of the impact blades for aggressive screening was born as a result, you can get a feel for all ball handling is completely done in a short time.

The fourth product of a poly ball of ambitious Nexy prepared right age and enjoy the excitement of attack through olram table tennis.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 12:53am
This blade is also listed on the main Nexy Homepage: http://nexyttstore.com/blades/463-olam.html
but (up to now) without any description.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2015 at 1:05am
And
here is the official "press release"
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 1:22am
That was a bit too early. Enjoy the history of Nexy blades starting at the above link and meet Olam here.
Join the Nexy Clan!
samyunlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samyunlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 4:55pm
Am a proud owner of 2x Chedech.
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 11:52am
Permission to join the clan Smile

lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 1:27pm
what is the handle size? Why don't they list it as part of the data sheet?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 3:58pm
samyunlee and Machine_Head, welcome to the Clan.

A short reminder to all reviewers: please use the threads linked in the first post of this thread for posting reviews of Nexy blades. This facilitates discussion and later look-up.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 4:03pm
May I draw your attention to this thread, re-publishing selected articles from the Nexy Designer's Diary thread?
Join the Nexy Clan!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2015 at 2:33am
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

So i've been using the zealot for about 3 weeks, here is my review:

Gameplay: two-winged looper, strong serves, weak serve return, weak blocker, strong counter-looping, typically play close to table and mid-distance (4-8 ft away from table), current USATT is 1700, dropped a few points at the US open

Comparison: Blades used for long periods of time: viscaria FL, peterpan FL, killerspin diamond TC ST, avalox BT555

Rubbers:
FH = Tibhar Evo MX-S; have used big dipper, T05, P7, and palio blitz for long periods
BH = Tenergy 25-FX; have used rasant grip, P7, palio blitz, and vega pro for long periods

I'm not a fan of going thru each stroke for a blade because rubber plays a huge part in that. So I've decided to go thru the characteristics of the blade itself. Since I've been using the same rubbers on the zealot, peterpan, and viscaria, the difference stand out more.

Dwell time: zealot has great dwell time, but less than peterpan and more than viscaria. viscaria is already sort of the in between from carbon to all-wood, zealot is in between viscaria and all-wood

Speed: this blade is fast, it is faster than the viscaria and the peterpan, it is really nice for counter-looping away from the table, but sometimes my close to the table loops will go long when i don't expect them too. when my coach tried it, he thought it was carbon at first because of how fast it was

Flex: so this surprised me, i always thought that flex and dwell time went hand in hand, but the zealot is stiff with quite a bit of dwell time so it makes for a really interesting feel

Feeling/Control: Like I said in the flex section, this blade is quite unique because i feel the long dwell time, but the blade doesnt really flex all that much, I'm sort of still scratching my head about how this happens. Regardless I really like the feeling because my blo cking (one of my weaknesses) is quite consistent with zealot, but i must admit, i almost always active block and never passive block. also my countering/hitting is accurate (probably from the stiffness). but when i play a slower stroke like a brush loop, the dwell time really helps my control in slow looping. it's so weird because these are opposite attributes. The stiffness and dwell time are more noticeable on the strokes that rely on them the most. either way the control on the zealot is weird and wonderful

Overall: the combination of long dwell time and good speed sold me on this blade. my coach said he preferred it over my viscaria (he hasn't tried the peterpan), and he has one ordered and on the way, so for what it's worth, i think this blade's feel is really different than a lot of other blades. definitely try it. I think some players will love it and some will hate it, it definitely rewards the more aggressive style of play with active strokes.

What mainstream blade plays close to zealot? Rosewood5?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2015 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

So i've been using the zealot for about 3 weeks, here is my review:

Gameplay: two-winged looper, strong serves, weak serve return, weak blocker, strong counter-looping, typically play close to table and mid-distance (4-8 ft away from table), current USATT is 1700, dropped a few points at the US open

Comparison: Blades used for long periods of time: viscaria FL, peterpan FL, killerspin diamond TC ST, avalox BT555

Rubbers:
FH = Tibhar Evo MX-S; have used big dipper, T05, P7, and palio blitz for long periods
BH = Tenergy 25-FX; have used rasant grip, P7, palio blitz, and vega pro for long periods

I'm not a fan of going thru each stroke for a blade because rubber plays a huge part in that. So I've decided to go thru the characteristics of the blade itself. Since I've been using the same rubbers on the zealot, peterpan, and viscaria, the difference stand out more.

Dwell time: zealot has great dwell time, but less than peterpan and more than viscaria. viscaria is already sort of the in between from carbon to all-wood, zealot is in between viscaria and all-wood

Speed: this blade is fast, it is faster than the viscaria and the peterpan, it is really nice for counter-looping away from the table, but sometimes my close to the table loops will go long when i don't expect them too. when my coach tried it, he thought it was carbon at first because of how fast it was

Flex: so this surprised me, i always thought that flex and dwell time went hand in hand, but the zealot is stiff with quite a bit of dwell time so it makes for a really interesting feel

Feeling/Control: Like I said in the flex section, this blade is quite unique because i feel the long dwell time, but the blade doesnt really flex all that much, I'm sort of still scratching my head about how this happens. Regardless I really like the feeling because my blo cking (one of my weaknesses) is quite consistent with zealot, but i must admit, i almost always active block and never passive block. also my countering/hitting is accurate (probably from the stiffness). but when i play a slower stroke like a brush loop, the dwell time really helps my control in slow looping. it's so weird because these are opposite attributes. The stiffness and dwell time are more noticeable on the strokes that rely on them the most. either way the control on the zealot is weird and wonderful

Overall: the combination of long dwell time and good speed sold me on this blade. my coach said he preferred it over my viscaria (he hasn't tried the peterpan), and he has one ordered and on the way, so for what it's worth, i think this blade's feel is really different than a lot of other blades. definitely try it. I think some players will love it and some will hate it, it definitely rewards the more aggressive style of play with active strokes.

What mainstream blade plays close to zealot? Rosewood5?

i havent played with the rosewood 5, so i can't compare ... but it plays very similar to composite blades
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 10:59pm
My lord, I want to join knights of the round table.

I'm using Nexy Peter Pan for over pass 2 years.
Owning Spear, Arirang , Zealot.

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

My lord, I want to join knights of the round table.
I'm using Nexy Peter Pan for over pass 2 years.
Owning Spear, Arirang , Zealot.

Crowsfeather, under the power conferred to me by being the First Member, I dub you on the shoulders with my ancient Lissom blade and award you the membership No. 30 of the Nexy Clan. Tongue
Join the Nexy Clan!
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2015 at 6:27am
Please add link to my review of Olam: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73760&PID=908565
Thank you.

Edited by thethinker - 12/02/2015 at 4:07pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2015 at 12:28am
Done. Thank you, thethinker.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2015 at 12:32am
Hey all,
if you would like to test Zealot and Olam for free and write a comparative review, have a look here.
Thanks.

Join the Nexy Clan!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 10:50am
My second Nexy. This is currently the slowest blade I own yet ironically my shots are consistently fast. :)

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 2:22pm
Lissom is also my favourite Nexy blade ever. Are you playing with the new poly ball?
It's certainly very different from your first Nexy blade, Oscar. What made you switch and why did you pick Lissom?

Edited by arg0 - 12/11/2015 at 2:26pm
Join the Nexy Clan!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Lissom is also my favourite Nexy blade ever. Are you playing with the new poly ball?
It's certainly very different from your first Nexy blade, Oscar. What made you switch and why did you pick Lissom?

I just got it yesterday and i haven't played with polyball yet.

Yes, Lissom is night and day different from Oscar. I like the Oscar a lot but i am having control issues with it, i find it too fast in actual games. Although i was able to control more when i switched rubbers to Yinhe Big Dipper. Still I was looking for a Nexy blade with excellent control and i think i made the right choice. :)

What rubbers do you have on your Lissom?

Edited by Machine_Head - 12/11/2015 at 7:08pm
puyol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puyol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 11:37pm
Lissom is one of my favorites as well. I keep coming back to it again and again. Control and feeling are exceptional and it's just so much fun to play with. The large ST handle has gotta be among the most comfortable I've tried as well.

Someone said in another thread that it works with just about any rubber you put on it. Right now I have Rhyzm-P (FH) and Thor's (BH) on the Lissom, and although sometimes I'm struggling with the BH when my technique gets lazy, usually in fast BH-to-BH over-the-table topspin exchanges, overall it's a good combo.

I've noticed that when playing with the Lissom, many of my opponents seem to have trouble returning seemingly easy shots they would otherwise attack when I'd be playing with a more "standard" blade. Cannot really put a finder on this rather curious "Lissom effect" yet. Dual impact at work, perhaps.

On a related note, I've tried Nexy Color recently and find that it's not for me. If anyone is interested in an almost new Color ST (~90grams I think), pm plesae.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2015 at 6:21am
Originally posted by puyol puyol wrote:

I've noticed that when playing with the Lissom, many of my opponents seem to have trouble returning seemingly easy shots they would otherwise attack when I'd be playing with a more "standard" blade. Cannot really put a finder on this rather curious "Lissom effect" yet. Dual impact at work, perhaps.

So true. My usual blocking partner ia having a hard time blocking my shots even they were slower. Most of the balls were popping up and going long.

Considering im using the same sheet of Sigma 2 Pro, i was not getting the same spin with the Vega Pro blade.
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 6:59pm
can i join the clan? just got my zealot 2weeks ago.. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Saitama Saitama wrote:

can i join the clan? just got my zealot 2weeks ago.. Smile

I'm sure clan leader arg0 would be happy to welcome you to the clan, One Punch Man. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic