Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 9:08pm
haha.. thanks machine_head.. so you're also from Philippines
Sponsored Links

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 9:14pm
Yes. Thankfully, Nexy's are now available locally. :)
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 9:24pm
yeah im happy with my zealot..  nexy really is a good brand..
not that affordable but i love the quality..

Edited by Saitama - 12/13/2015 at 9:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2015 at 3:23am
Adding the Kanaph to my collectionSmile

Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2015 at 4:40am
Cool.. Does xiom rubber perform well with nexy blades?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2015 at 5:19am
Happy holidays everyone and welcome to the new members. I will add you to the list as soon as I'll be on a desktop.
Cheers!
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2015 at 11:46am
Saitama - that is hard to say given that all of the Nexy blades are unique and there is a good variety of Xiom rubbers. Your playing style also is a major factor.

arg0 - Happy holidays!
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2015 at 11:59pm
Last 2 blades for 2015 added to my collection although did not received them,EMS shows they are in Chicago,IL ., so hope to get them by Saturday Ian/02/16.
Nexy Lissom ST., and Nexy Peterpan...

So, happy 2016 to everybody , that is 1 min away......🎉🎉🎉🎉🎆🎆
still testing

rastacouere View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastacouere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2016 at 5:12pm
I received a Nexy Lissom ST two weeks ago. I'm a beginner. I was looking for a blade that help me improve and secure my topspins and leverage my game full of topspins and to allround shots to the wrong-foot my opponent.
I was quite intrigued by the Nexy blades and wanted to try one. I was thinking about the perterpan or the Color and emailed at Nexy to have an advice. They recommended the Lissom for beginners. "Also the lissom blade is best of best selling blade in Korea".

I play with it for 15 days now and I already love that blade, it's as if I already played with it before to have it in my hands.

Superb loops, slow and secure shot on short game, but can be very effective on fast loops. The "dual impact" is quite effective and a great weapon for me (for the moment).
 I can put the ball on more places on the table. My ball is much more controlled. it's great to learn with a blade, (with "simple" rubbers as mark V and sriver fx) you can rely on. When I miss the shot I know it's not because the blade is slow or because of the throw angle... It's just me ,bad technic, too slow, not enough concentration... Moreover, the blade gives me access to many shots i wanted.
I hope my honeymoon with the Lissom will continue... We'll see...
I hope I can do a new review in new weeks... To see if i really get better
I also wish i could continue to explore the work of next and M. Moon. I like the way each blade is unique, is created with love and thoroughness and care and creativity (at least it seems to be ^^).

######

Update 1 month later : still very in love with my lissom
Serves are ok even if you need to be carefull and put enough power because the blade won't help you.
Returns, push : quite precise and firm, perfect (speed, control : ALL).
Block : average. At higher speed the blade curves and the passive block is not  fast. But it's quite predictable. Otherwise, instead of a passive block, you can be more aggressive and counterhit, and the blade will be much more effective.
Regulation, drills :  quite good. It is just a pleasure...
Topspin : that's where the blade shines. Slow or fast, close to the table and a little further, against topspins and backspin... Moreover you can find amazing angles - that's what the "dual impact" is all about.
Speed : On the average, the shots are fast enough (all+/off-). But I know it can better much faster, I just rarely use that speed. And *that* gives me a lot of control, which is the main attribute that helps me gain confidence in my game.

The Mark V is great with the Lissom, hard enough, better than the Sriver FX which is a little mushy to me. But I'll try not to change, not now :)

Conclusion : it's a great blade for a passionate beginner, for someone who wants to learn the game. It brings my game to a next level and gives me lots of joy.
I would have loved to try the Color but maybe it would not fit as well to my game.

Edited by rastacouere - 01/24/2016 at 5:27am
cpolatkiran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpolatkiran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2016 at 7:22am
Kim Junk Hoon is  my new blade. Fh-Tibhar Grip-S Europe Soft, Bh-DONIC Desto F3 Big Slam are my rubbers. This blade is so differrent to my another blades. This Blade is little harder then Clipper Wood. KJH have a good sense like Clipper. As such a step slower than the speed clipper. When you make blok, this blade type like ALL. I get the best of nexy blade, I was really glad to get this blade.
Please add me Nexy Clan. 

Edited by cpolatkiran - 02/12/2016 at 7:49am
Nexy Kim Junk Joon
Grip-S
Baracuda Big Slam
RajaLoopah View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RajaLoopah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2016 at 11:58pm
Permission to join the clan :D
Main Setup:
Blade: Nexy Akrasia
FH: Hurricane 3 Nat Version
BH: Tenergy 05

Backup:
Blade: Nexy Zealot
FH: Hurricane 3 Prov Version
BH: Tenergy 05
Madarasama1022 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madarasama1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2016 at 8:57am
Nexy Higgs Blade:

I got the chance to review this Table Tennis Blade I received from Nexy, Hope you get the chance to read.
Rubbers I used are Tenergy 64, Acuda S2, Hurricane 8
(Basically hard rubber for Fh and Tensor and famous rubbers) and Nexy 3 Star Polyball 40+

Higgs
First impression:
The Packaging is totally stylish, in laymen's terms you can say its "cool". Opening the box comes at ease and can be used as an alternative bat if you can't still afford or you come short including a case in your Budget. The Blade's craftsmanship is superb, especially at how smooth it is cut, the cutting tool used must be of some kind of high technology and delicate.Nexy Also used a Metal Emblem

The Blade:
Higgs is a 7-ply 4th Generation Blade released by Nexy, as How it is described by Nexy, they used Wenge as an outer veneer that has a characteristic of 'line". "Line" is described as a feeling of dragging.

To Test this blade, I kept in mind to use a fast-high tension rubbers and a Hard rubber for Forehand, of coarse atleast a ployball ready rubber for FH.

In Action:
Drills: Tenergy 64-FH, DHS H8-Fh, Acuda S3-BH, Tenergy-64Bh(I switch rubbers to know the compatibility w/ my game
FH:
From the first 3-4 hits, I already felt the speed of the blade and the so called "Dragging". The ball has low low trajectory and has pinpoint like bounce as i was hitting it. I feeling was firm as i was hitting it, very less vibration or should i describe it as having a hard sponge hitting the ball.
BH:
I am very satisfied at how it performed well with short strokes at w/ my BH and produced fast shots

Spin:
I was able to produce reasonable amount of spin. I noticed I had to make lower angles to my shot because I'm using T64. The ball is fast and produced more spin compared to my set up before using a Rosewood NCT 5 and Acuda S2-FH. I just had to make some control adjustment since i am used to full swings when it comes to spinning, I had this trouble solved when I used the DHS H8 in my FH. I am a bit surprised that despite using a hard rubber in my FH, the speed difference was not that wide.
I ask my drill partner and friend to blocked my BH spin, I felt so much comfort and less effort of hitting the ball at a mid distance even at a close table range, the spin produced was high in arc and spiny.

Short return/flips:
When it come s to short under-spin shots, controlling the ball close to the not has no problem. Flip shots was also easy maybe because of what Nexy say as the "Line" effect.

Game Play:
3rd ball attack comes at ease, I manage to produce spiny short and long serves that allowed me to play my game since I tend to brush the ball w/ ripping BH and looping chops at its lowest point of trajectory. When it comes to succeeding balls, I can say I had a 60/40 success and error rate, this could be because of the rubber compatibility to the blade and adjustments i need for my own game.

Overall Summary:
The blade is fast, I can rate this mid Off and Off+. I recommended this to players who like short quick strokes in both FH and BH. I would suggest that this blade be used w/ a much slower Hard rubber to full swing loopers or attackers, maybe a Rising Dragon from Yasaka will do. It can fairly be played at a close table range and performed better at Mid distance.

weigh: 83 g
speed: mid off and off+
plies: 7 plies( 2 wenge outer veneer)

credits to friends who let me borrowed some rubbers
I would appreciate comments and suggestions when it comes to reviewing

Rinne Tensei
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2016 at 12:02am
List of members updated. puyol, Saitama, Tuly007, rastacouere, cpolatkiran, RajaLoopah, Madarasama1022, welcome to the clan! For some, that took a while. Sorry.

Madarasama1022, nice review of the Higgs blade, I read it with interest. Since you are new to the forum, it would help if you added a few words about your playing level and style to the review, and maybe other blades you have played with.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Madarasama1022 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madarasama1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2016 at 4:18am
hello Sir arg0, will give your request as soon as i get ample time
thanks!
Rinne Tensei
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2016 at 8:39am
I'm a proud owner of a Higgs too! Kinda bought it on a whim seeing how well received Nexy blades were, and it was the poor man's Chedech haha
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 5:27pm
gekogark1212, welcome to the Clan!
Join the Nexy Clan!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 6:06pm
Due to comps, I have only sealed the beauty, not even dressed with rubber.
(\__/)

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 5:38am
Dear Nexy Clan members,

I have an official annoncement.
Here is a new staff who will help the management of "nexy.com".
His name is Andrew Shin, and his email is "[email protected]".
If you have any question concerning "nexy.com", he will help you.

Thank you.

Oscar.

Edited by Nexy - 05/31/2016 at 4:19am
Brand Manager of NEXY
cpolatkiran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpolatkiran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2016 at 4:20am
Hello friends,
Is there a problem with my website nexyttstore. I do not learn about the tracking number as I made a purchase in a week. I can not answer at the email I sent to the site several times.
Nexy Kim Junk Joon
Grip-S
Baracuda Big Slam
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2016 at 11:52pm
So, sorry to cause this uncomfortable situation.
We are now upgrading our web site, and I guess something happened while we are working on the web program.
Please, let me know what kind of help you need.
You can send an email to [email protected], and get direct access to Anrew, who is in charge of NEXY web site.

Edited by Nexy - 06/06/2016 at 11:53pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 1:07am
Official Introduction of Zealot

It’s been quite some time since Nexy launched Zealot. As a designer, I feel obliged to write an official English introduction for each blade, but until now I could not find the time to do this for Zealot. Please forgive me. I’ve been extremely busy and a bit lazy. Of course, I wrote many pages of articles about how I came up with the basic idea for this blade’s design concept in the Korean language, but writing an English article has been delayed until now. But I think "better late than never." I am writing this English article to provide supportive information to whoever wants to better understand the major features of Zealot.

Zealot has been in production for over a year, and I can now see more clearly its good aspects. Therefore, this explanation will be based on a wider range of market feedback from Korean purchasers, and I believe that this article will be helpful for all the players interested in Zealot outside of Korea.

<Summary of Nexy’s Fourth Generation Blades>

Let me begin with a brief summary of Nexy’s Fourth Generation blades. Nexy started the Fourth Generation by releasing Kanaph (3.5th Gen.), followed by Chedech (4th). It’s not easy to provide one clear image of the Fourth Generation because Nexy did not focus on one specific feature as we did with the Third Generation, which paid particular attention to the “bang impact.”

All Third Generation blades shared that general feature and function, and the sizes were also fairly uniform. Nexy experimented with many different types of blades throughout the First and Second Generations. This helped us determine the focus for the Third Generation. Therefore, players were sure to find similar features throughout the various blades of that series.

The Third Generation blades focused on the following factors:

1.     Deep touch: I tried to deepen the feeling of impact inside the blade. That meant players could have a “bang impact” during exertion of a full swing movement.

2.     Attacking size & weight balance: Most Third Generation blades aimed at a fast and powerful looping ability. In order to optimize this feature, I designed most of the blades with a similar size (157x150) and thickness (5.7mm~6.0mm). You might be thinking that I was trying to widen the material choices based on one blade shape.

3.     Milder dual speed: In the Second Generation, I aimed at maximizing the range of the “dual speed” system for many blades. Lissom, with a large speed gap between the speed of attacking and blocking, could be acknowledged as a good weapon for players who want to accomplish steady and stable looping from all positions. Calix is a thin attacking blade with very good touch and an extreme dual speed system. It’s still fast, considering its 4.9mm thickness.

With Calix 2 and Qabod, players could feel the adjusted dual speed. These blades are very powerful and versatile for continuous and oppressing attacking style, which connected Nexy’s Second and Third Generations.

Nexy can safely summarize the goal for the Third Generation as such: Featured a dual speed system that was not too shallow nor too deep in order to avoid being too exotic for players. The Kim Jung Hoon blade is a good example of the milder version dual speed system, which was a huge success (Nexy designed and Tibhar labeled it with Tibhar logo). It showed what Nexy wanted to achieve. Peterpan also revealed Nexy’s ideal blade concept for the Third Generation (attacking with bang impact, but with a milder dual speed system).

From this Third Generation blade concept, Nexy could more accurately describe the intention of the next generation blades by using the terms such as Point, Line, and Plane, which were discovered through a great deal of research, experimentation, and development. If you search the early articles I wrote when I began Nexy, you can find three major surface woods that I studied for many years. I will connect the wood materials in order to help you understand what Nexy wants to describe Line, Plane, and Point. So, those three factors are more or less related to the surface wood and feeling of the touch.

Hinoki is the perfect representative material to illustrate the concept of “line” factor. It grips the ball shallowly on the surface, and drives it long. So, the ball seems to be sticking onto the surface, and the wood seems to draw a line with the ball as the swing movement cuts through the air.

Limba is the major material for Stiga’s traditional blade design concept, and it has an excellent “plane” character. Limba embraces the ball with the entire blade, and players will feel as if the whole layer is instantly hugging the ball until it bounces off. This is what Nexy refers to as “plane.”

Ayous shows what Nexy means by “point.” Ayous takes in the ball on one small and sharp point, and the impact does not overflow over that pointed area. But on the other side of the point, the wood seems to be supporting the impacted area with a great deal of power and strength. Players using an ayous wooden surface can feel an enlarged point (according to the second layer’s character) that meets the ball with greater power.

I did not begin using these concepts with the Fourth Generation blades. I had been identifying them since the beginning of the First Generation, but I was not sure how to categorize them into my blade descriptions. I could more clearly classify those factors into the Fourth Generation, because these blades required a clearer concept for those terms, i.e., Line, Plane, and Point.

We are now using the poly ball, which is larger and heavier. The material produces a softer sound and has greater elasticity than celluloid balls, so players will naturally feel that it weighs more. Therefore, many players complained that they lost spin when switching to the new ball.

This had become one of the major factors Nexy considered for the Fourth Generation blades. As a result, I began designing the new Nexy series of blades by searching for unique wooden materials that have a good “line factor.” In result, the Fourth Generation had provided players with series of new surface woods that could drive the ball longer. So, Chedech was constructed with Wenge wood, which is widely known for its excellent “line” character. And Zealot followed this with the newly introduced African wood.

I also needed to enhance the overall speed of the blades. I cannot say whether or not Qabod (2nd) and Arirang, Inca (3rd) are slower than Zealot; yet, I tried to make a speedier blade overall. If players test Nexy’s Fourth Generation blades with the old celluloid balls, they might find them a little difficult to control because they are very fast. However, if players try the Fourth Generation blades with poly balls, they will find them to be an excellent offensive weapon for an attacking game, with a balanced speed.

One final note: Those two factors are related to concept of “point.” If a Nexy blade does not have a point feeling (meeting the ball with one point or a little bit bigger dot gripping the ball and supporting its impact with that small area), then it cannot drive the ball long (line) and it cannot make longer, more powerful shots. Strong impact is not about how quickly the blade bounces off the ball. Rather it is more related to the duration of time that the blade keeps the ball on itself for a longer moment than other blades.

Zealot: The ideal Fourth Generation Blade

When I consider all of the factors listed above, Zealot matches the ideal concept of Nexy’s Fourth Generation blades. The surface wood grips the ball with a “dot” (point), and it drives the ball longer than other blades (line). Additionally, when we check the thickness and the weight of the blade, this blade is relatively thin and very fast.
What’s amazing and peculiar about Zealot is that when players become accustomed to it, they cannot turn (or return) to other blades so easily.

Zealot’s unique characteristics cause players to become addicted to playing with it. I can say this with absolute confidence because of my personal experience. I became consumed by Zealot and lost the ability to objectively test other blades. It was very difficult for me to identify the good qualities of Olam and Z-blade. So, they were in danger of being lost in my memory because Zealot included the desirable features of all the other blades combined. It’s really quite exceptional. It’s attractive and easy for players like myself to become lost in its charm and performance.

However, I am not saying that Zealot is the absolute best Fourth Generation blade. The other blades in the series show different features and qualities, and can more easily be compared to other brands blades. But Zealot is extremely unique and seductive. Therefore, I issue a friendly warning to players who try Zealot — BEWARE! You could be consumed by Zealot and never return to other blades.
In conclusion, this is the representative Nexy’s Fourth Generation blade, and you may very well become addicted to it.

Edited by Nexy - 06/07/2016 at 1:08am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 1:09am
Official Introduction of Olam

I will not repeat the description of Nexy’s Fourth Generation. For more information, please refer to the previously written introduction for Zealot. This will help you view this blade with the basic understanding of the entire series of blades.

Olam is adopting a new surface material. This is something Nexy had never done in previous generations.
Olam is quite the opposite of Zealot in several ways. Zealot has a strong “line” factor with a slightly sticky feeling. Olam feels more creamy than sticky. It’s slightly buttery, like a delicious cream that stays on your tongue just long enough to savor. It's definitely gripping the ball, but not grabbing it like Hinoki (Kanaph) or Wenge (Chedech).

We can call it bouncy, but typically a ball does not remain on a bouncy blade long enough to create the needed spin. However, even though Olam does not grip the ball for very long, it absorbs the ball deep enough in that short moment to repels it with great power. Olam does not grip the ball like Zealot, nor does it drive the ball long like Zealot.

Players may not feel the ball for very long, but they will notice a good amount of spin. For this reason, I strongly recommend Olam for those who play close to the table with a sharp and quick swing movement. They would enjoy quality spin even with their short, compact stroke.

Olam is very attractive to Asian players, but I am not sure it's suitable for the European market. European players prefer to play a little bit away from the table with big swing movement, while Asian players tend to play close to the table. For example, Korean players have a strong and quick swing, and they expect to enjoy the fully charged spin with their short, fast swing. Therefore, if a blade has a good spin in a quick moment, then it could be a good fit for close to the table players.

Due to its uniqueness (quick and short response), I could not immediately identify the good qualities of Olam. Actually, I began testing Zealot, Olam, and Z-blade at the same time, but I quickly became addicted to Zealot, and I had trouble being objective when demoing the other two. As a result, Z-blade was sentenced to be forgotten from my blade history, and it could be revived only by the many Korean testers, who have requested it continuously over the past years. Olam took almost a year for me to realize that it has its own unique performance characteristics.
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 5:15pm
Welcome Andrew and thanks Nexy for the detailed description of Olam and Zealot.

Everybody interested note that I'm currently offering some of my Nexy blades for testing, see this thread.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 12:44pm
One News from NEXY

We are now updating "nexyttstore.com", where you can buy nexy products.
If the menu bar seems strange, then we will be currently working on that.
However, the internal functions are working right, so, you can use that web page without any trouble.
If you have a problem buying there, please, let us know by email.
You can contact us by "[email protected]".

From Oscar.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2016 at 8:32pm
Dear Nexy friends,

Our web site (www.nexyttstore.com) is now currrently closed for too much traffic. We tried to run a renewal job for the web site, and the traffic was too much while we worked yesterday, which caused this temporal blocking at the moment. We will try to reopen it soon. Please, forgive us for this uncomfortable situation.

Oscar.
Brand Manager of NEXY
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2016 at 12:26am
Ready to learn the secret handshake and swear the nexy oath.  Proud owner of a Hannibal and Zealot.
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2016 at 12:46am
Soooo I bought the Higgs on a whim, but then a Lissom from a forum member, and now looking at the Peterpan and the KJH hahaha. Nexy blades remind me of a love child of Butterfly and Xiom. Consistency, quality, finishing.
(\__/)

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 1:59pm
Hi everybody. I have red many reviews of nexy blades. I am interested in 2 blades. Probably my choice will surprise you since they are quite different.
1. Lissom
2. Zealot

I need your advise which one to choose. Little background about me so you can understand my game style. I am both wing looper playing close to mid distance. Optimal is 1-2 steps from table. I used to play with Nittaku Acoustic. You can see the link when I was drilling Fh and Bh loops (now my technique is a bit better especially from Bh) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEeagdnyl-c
I am usually starting with 3rd ball attack with FH or BH brushy loop (usually slow) and after that trying to finish the point with agressive loop. 

I moved to M.Maze because acoustic was too head heavy for my wrist, however I had the same story with Maze. Moreover Maze was not forgiving. My current setup is Donic Waldner Limited edition 2016 FL 84 gr with Tibhar evo El-s 1.9 and TSP ventus spin 2.0. It less head heavy and I have much more control due to more linearity and less speed. But I don't like the sound of it (hollow) and I need more solid blade with a bit more speed or maybe bounciness. I will probably post review of this blade later.

Lissom is rated as all+ off-  and Zealot is off- off
I need just a bit more speed than Waldner 2016 to add agressivness in my FH loops from mid distance but maintaining good control in short game. Having several gears or as it called dual impact by Nexy.

Also very important aspect for me is weight balance for my wrist bh flicks and for quicker recovery. I am using and intend to use heavy mid-hard rubbers like Tibhar Evolution series and other latest generation rubbers which in general are heavy.

So which blade is more balanced in terms of weight distribution with heavy rubbers?
As I understand they both play good with mid - hard rubbers, right?
Which one is easier to start looping underspin ball with?

and the last question is anybody selling any of them?

I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2016 at 3:08am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Hi everybody. I have red many reviews of nexy blades. I am interested in 2 blades. Probably my choice will surprise you since they are quite different.
1. Lissom
2. Zealot
[...]

Hi, indeed the blades you chose are not very similar, yet they bear some common points.
I have only shortly played with Zealot, but from my limited experience with it, I would say it is the safer choice, because Lissom may indeed be a bit to slow for your liking and it is generally quite head-heavy, especially with heavy rubbers.
I am playing Lissom with hard rubbers and have tested Zealot with hard rubbers, too.
For looping against backspin, Lissom is easier because it is slower, but it will result in a higher bounce. If you want to aggressively loop against backspin, I suppose Zealot is more suitable.
I cannot compare them to the Waldner Limited blade you are playing, what I can say is that Lissom is much slower than M. Maze and Zealot is slower and more forgiving than M. Maze.
I am not selling blades, but maybe I can help. Where are you based?

Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2016 at 4:21am
Added Rubicon and Quad Wing blades, as well as Karis M/M+ rubbers to the first post.
Stay tuned for more news!
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic