FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola RHYZM review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

how long does it take to receive from there? Ordered aug 20, still waiting..
I got mine within a week.  Was pretty disappointed with the rubber but I think Baracuda has spoiled me and I need to relearn how to play with hard rubbers.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

chameleon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2012 at 12:32am
just read this review...will definitely try this one in replacement for my acuda s1 turbo...
Ma Lin Carbon ST
FH: Acuda S3 max
BH: Joola Turbo 2.0
STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Acuda S2 max
BH: 802-40 max
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2012 at 4:23am
Rhyzm was definitely a disappointment for me. It lacks power, Sigma Pro r Bluefire M1 are a lot better.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 12:13am
I think I was a bit too hasty in my judgment of this rubber - yes, Baracuda was the problem, not Rhyzm.  I have been using Baracuda with my hitting style to good effect and I had Baracuda on fast bladea and tried to switch to Rhyzm without a transition period - big mistake.  I loved the spin but my blocking angle was way too lame.  I also don't consistently take the ball hard, so I was underutilizing the spin property of the rubber.

So I go to a slower blade (Gambler Arylate Carbon) and put Rhyzm on it.  This rubber is not Tenergy, but some of the angles at which you can attack the ball come close.  I think this is a keeper for my spin hit game - makes me wish I hadn't ordered M2...

Edited by NextLevel - 09/11/2012 at 8:13pm
Cybershape Carbon
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 12:59am
i am still waiting for my rubbers and no reply to my emails : (
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:29am

i am still waiting for my rubbers and no reply to my emails : (

Sorry to hear that, especially since I referred you there.  I ordered Tenergy 64 from him and the same result.  I'm trying to look into the PayPal dispute system.  Can it be used if you are not a Paypal member?

Other members have the same problem - there is a recent thread asking about timtts.be.  Sucks that it happened just after I bought the rubber.

Edited by NextLevel - 09/11/2012 at 1:31am
Cybershape Carbon
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:42am
i don't want to resort to paypal before i hear from them, and paypal wants something like 45 days or something. He has good prices, its a shame that he doesn't ship or at least reply 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 11:24am
i just got a reply that its shipped and should arrive soon. A bit tardy, but as long as it gets here and it's not fake its a good deal :)

By the way, Rhyzm is very different from baracuda, but for the better, if you are good :)

I know exactly why your impression was like that. Baracuda throws the ball up so easy and is very spiny. But it has a weird throw and not very good control. With Rhyzm you need to make better contact with the ball. You can't just touch brush it and throw it up. Now you need to open the paddle a little and not be afraid to go through the ball and follow through. 

But you need to do that kind of stroke on high level anyway. This brushing with baracuda makes for very soft loops that get you killed on high level. You need to make good contact, put a lot of power and have good control so you can place it well. And Rhyzm is one of the best rubbers for that. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 8:16pm

i just got a reply that its shipped and should arrive soon. A bit tardy, but as long as it gets here and it's not fake its a good deal :)

By the way, Rhyzm is very different from baracuda, but for the better, if you are good :)

I know exactly why your impression was like that. Baracuda throws the ball up so easy and is very spiny. But it has a weird throw and not very good control. With Rhyzm you need to make better contact with the ball. You can't just touch brush it and throw it up. Now you need to open the paddle a little and not be afraid to go through the ball and follow through. 

But you need to do that kind of stroke on high level anyway. This brushing with baracuda makes for very soft loops that get you killed on high level. You need to make good contact, put a lot of power and have good control so you can place it well. And Rhyzm is one of the best rubbers for that. 

Not just on the high level, at any level.  I played a guy yesterday who I usually play at the club and his first complaint was that he couldn't see the ball anymore and that I was hitting it too hard at him.  I'm going to give Rhyzm at least a month before making any changes - if it works, I'll probably sell all my other rubbers.
Cybershape Carbon
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2012 at 6:59pm
received my rubbers the other day. Took some 25 days..

Played about 10 matches with it on the FH on TBS and I must say that is a FANTASTIC FH combination! I have a powerful loop anyway, trying not to brush too much, unless lifting a chop, just bend the trajectory enough to go over the net... and this rubber just lets me DRILL them like swiss cheese. My God, they couldn't even reach for the ball. Beat an 1800 chinese penhold which is a good win for me (im 1600). Beat several 1600s allowing about 5 points per game. THis rubber drills holes on the FH!

The thing is that it has spectacular accuracy for this kind of speed, so you not afraid to swing! I have used faster setups but i can't control it and end up losing too many points on accuracy and lose confidence in my swing in the process.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2012 at 7:06pm
The rubber is difficult to use on the backhand though, because the sponge is kind of hard and it catapults the ball out very quickly and you get very little dwell time on soft shots. On the FH i never had any problems because i swing hard and the ball dives deep in the sponge and makes a great bite and feel, but on BH i felt my T05 allowed me to open loop easier. If you have a good BH which makes good contact and goes through the ball you may be able to use it, but my BH loops tend to be soft and kind of brushy.. and with Rhyzm the ball just doesn't stay on my paddle. Even Tenzone is better for FH, much better actually.

But I am putting Rhyzm on the FH of both my main paddles. I want to develop my FH to look smth like Ma Long - a lot of power and good placement and consistency. I don't want to mess around with those brushy spiny loops.. it just doesn't work on high level. Even my BH i want to make flatter with more power, but it's harder because of the mechanics of the stroke..

Edited by assiduous - 09/17/2012 at 7:11pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2012 at 11:22pm
i agree its more of a forehand rubber. it has better spin than S1 turbo and it can last up to 4 months if you multiball and play everyday which is a good durability for a euro rubber
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2012 at 12:07am

The rubber is difficult to use on the backhand though, because the sponge is kind of hard and it catapults the ball out very quickly and you get very little dwell time on soft shots. On the FH i never had any problems because i swing hard and the ball dives deep in the sponge and makes a great bite and feel, but on BH i felt my T05 allowed me to open loop easier. If you have a good BH which makes good contact and goes through the ball you may be able to use it, but my BH loops tend to be soft and kind of brushy.. and with Rhyzm the ball just doesn't stay on my paddle. Even Tenzone is better for FH, much better actually.

But I am putting Rhyzm on the FH of both my main paddles. I want to develop my FH to look smth like Ma Long - a lot of power and good placement and consistency. I don't want to mess around with those brushy spiny loops.. it just doesn't work on high level. Even my BH i want to make flatter with more power, but it's harder because of the mechanics of the stroke..

Actually, power on my backhand for me is easier because the wrist lets me do it all.   That's why for me, the choice of rubber on my backhand has almost never mattered.  I've often wondered whether I should incorporate more wrist on my forehand.
Cybershape Carbon
Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2012 at 9:16pm
Can anyone compare Rhyzm to BlueFire M1 or M2 please????????? 
In every aspect, and what makes each distinct.
Speed, spin, grippy, tacky, gears, blocks, drives, short game, loops, counter loops, drop shots, livelyness, control, weight, difference between red and black... Etc.

Imagine, I have only 50$ left to buy only one sheet, which one would you really really really recommend me to get...??? LOL
Bty Zhang Jike (fl 85gm)

FH: 729 transced (red max)
BH: BlueFire M1 (black Max)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 1:32am
Well, earlier I wrote it was a disappointment for me. I have to rectify myself, a disappointment in max even when it is boosted let alone when not.

I got round to having some hits with a 2.0 (48 degrees) and it is a lot better. It is true that it is very hard but in my opinion the cause of the hardness is in the topsheet. And that describes the difference to the likes of Bluefire or Sigma Pro. Rhyzm 48 has a sponge that is similar to Aurus, not the usual ESN type. While M1 or M2 uses the cooperation of the sponge and the topsheet to produce spin and speed, the  Rhyzm 48 topsheet sort of lives a separate life and the spin comes more from the topsheet and the speed from the sponge.

The way Rhyzm works is closer to me (as it feels more natural) but they have not managed to strike a balance between the hardness and control - it is too hard overall and I find M1 or Sigma Pro more usable and versatile.

To sum up, Sigma or M1 has better control, dwell and a bit better feel, Rhyzm is more rigid with less dwell. I hope this issue will be sorted now that we have Rhyzm 42.5. I planned on buying on earlier but there is a Xiom Muse coming my way Evil Smile

When tuned, Rhyzm is a bit faster than Sigma Pro and makes it possible to use shorter strokes and more forward motion. The spin on loops is better on the Sigma or M1.

Rhyzm 48 vs M2: the differences I described above are even more tangible. M2 is more of a "vary the spin and pace" type of rubber and Rhyzm is more direct.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 2:35am
I have used a couple of sheets of Rhyzm already and the sponge does not feel hard for FH at all, medium at most. Dwell time is pretty good too. 

If you block or mostly defend or have slow tricky spiny game then don't bother with Rhyzm. The rubber is made for powerful looping. It REQUIRES good contact with the ball. But if you do that, they they payoff is huge. Generates a lot of power and it just LOADS the ball with spin. 

Ordered 375 to put on BH and compare, hope to get soon.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 6:17pm
I had a league match this evening with some interesting results.

I used my Xiom Sigma Pros tuned and they failed when I had to play touch shots. Somehow their relatively soft topsheet (compared to Joola Rhyzm) did not work when I had to play soft balls over tha table. There is a fragment of a second the ball needs to sink in the sponge to produce a good effect.

In comparison, Rhyzm has a harder topsheetwhich might work better for these kind of shots. I will test tomorrow but it seems that Xiom Sigma Pro type of rubbers seem to be a bit spinnier than Rhyzm 48 (I am talking about these boosted) but with Rhyzm you can play more naturally (the harder tospheet helps you spin weak balls and lifts a bit better)

Test tomorrow
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2013 at 9:47am
Anyone tried the softer sponges and come to a conclusion as to how they play?
Cybershape Carbon
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:41pm
I have a 425 2.0 black on the way as fh rubber.Bh is rasant 1.7 on a virtuoso -S (93 grams)
Play it next monday , i let you know next week.
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 11:40pm
i have a 375 at home but no blade to put it on. soon

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 1:01am
My sheet is heavier than T64. Very noticeably heavier.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 1:30am
Tried 425 max for a while on a fast Primorac, tuned to perfection (don't ask me how). First week it was as hard as M1 and probably faster, then somehow became softer. I would put it in the same category as Rakza 9.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 2:55am
This is for me the most underrated rubber that I have ever used.  Durable, excellent control, excellent throw.  The usual complaint is that it is bouncy, but I find it easier to control than T05 in the short game.  I sometimes wonder whether T80 will just be like it, hence I want to know how the softer versions play.  Also looking at H3 Prov, as the throw is similar to Rhyzm, though the control seems better on loops.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Tried 425 max for a while on a fast Primorac, tuned to perfection (don't ask me how). First week it was as hard as M1 and probably faster, then somehow became softer. I would put it in the same category as Rakza 9.

Some rubbers (and I consider Rhyzm one of them) require you to break them in for a period of time to get the best out of them.
Cybershape Carbon
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 3:00am
Seems so. Otherwise I cannot explain the fast evaporation of the tuning effect.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Seems so. Otherwise I cannot explain the fast evaporation of the tuning effect.

Do you think it played worse or better without the tuning effect?
Cybershape Carbon
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 3:21am
I liked it very much on a Donic Off blade without tuning, so ordered one, but the dealer tuned it. I would avoid tuning the next one.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 12:41pm
This rubber is excellent without tuning. Throw is absolute beauty.
It is one of the very few good rubbers that do NOT shrink.
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2013 at 10:25am
Hello ,
i played rhyzm 425 2.0  black , toplayer tuned 1x with paraffine oil the day before last nite and i simply love it from the first second .It fits my game perfect, i even considered getting the max version or the normal version after 10 rallies, wich is scary ,but it has sooo much control. Love the feel on my virtuoso, loads of feedback.  RubberWeight medium, nice.Not so heavy as Rasant etc. Brought down my racket weight nicely.

push = 10, sharp loaded with backspin and lots of pace
counter= 10 i could do it with my eyes closedLOL
counterloop = 10,   too easy....Big smile
serve =10 especially fast long ones, short is deceptive spinny for opponent
serve return=! 10(is my weak spot) but i could hit, loop, push, flick ,almost everything and place it on the edge.
even chopping is a breeze and i am not a skilled defender!
And last but the best LOOPING!!!! fast, slow, with side spin ,  against heavy very low sliced, it all is easy, and i  never felt so confident in my life on my forehand. Just stay loose and it will work wonders for your game, let it work for you instead of a lot muscle work. 
It really invites you to play as daring as you can, look for your own limits .
I have never been so enthousiastic  for a rubber and gee i have tried a lot over the years. So give it a try
if you want.
I think for someone with rather high skills the normal Rhyzm will works wonders.
and maybe i am taking the 425 it as a bh rubber also
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2013 at 10:28am
if you think that looping is easy try the MAX in regular sponge. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic