FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola RHYZM review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

how is it at looping against underspin?
What properties make a rubber good for looping against underpin?
Looping against under spin is a matter of technique not the rubber.

Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 12:18pm

With the same technique some rubbers are easier to loop aganist undersping (more arc, more grip) compared to others.

Try to do the same stroke with Calibra LT and T05 and you see.  

Also is legit when people don't want to do some big changes on their stroke to adapt to a new rubber.

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

With the same technique some rubbers are easier to loop aganist undersping (more arc, more grip) compared to others.

Try to do the same stroke with Calibra LT and T05 and you see.  

Also is legit when people don't want to do some big changes on their stroke to adapt to a new rubber.

Exactly - high throw rubbers (T05, Baracuda, Juic 999 Turbo) are easier to use to loop underspin.  You have to close the blade much more to counterloop and sometimes block with those rubbers so it's not one way ease.  

That's part of the reason why equipment can only optimize your game, not make you a much better player.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Dorje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 6:01am
Is Joola Rhyzm anything like Donic Acuda S1 or S1 Turbo? Similarities, differences?
Timo Boll Spirit An

Fh: Joola Rhyzm Max red

Bh: Tibhar Aurus Max black
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 6:35am
rhyzm is like S1 turbo
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

With the same technique some rubbers are easier to loop aganist undersping (more arc, more grip) compared to others.Try to do the same stroke with Calibra LT and T05 and you see.  Also is legit when people don't want to do some big changes on their stroke to adapt to a new rubber.

Exactly - high throw rubbers (T05, Baracuda, Juic 999 Turbo) are easier to use to loop underspin.  You have to close the blade much more to counterloop and sometimes block with those rubbers so it's not one way ease.  
That's part of the reason why equipment can only optimize your game, not make you a much better player.

Exactly again. Pros do not even want to try a new bat/rubber. They are afraid that it may mess up the stroke that they honed over many years.
Manufacturers really love this new poly ball. It gives them the perfect marketing ploy to get players to try rubbers other than Tenergy.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2014 at 7:11am
Can anybody comment on the durability of Rhyzm? I am planning to replace my Calibra LT Spin which lost a lot of its grip after just 2 months of use.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2014 at 8:41am
Pretty durable. You should have no issue keeping for 3-4 months, though of course it depends on your level of requirements. Think I had my 425 (same topsheet) for 4 months practising 2-3 times a week. By then it had lost some power, some grip, but it was still playable.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 8:09pm
especially the sponge. Seems to remain as tight one full year later. Unlike tenergy, for example, whose sponge loses liveliness.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Rvoss View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rvoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 1:28am
I currently use a joola rossi emotion, with a baracuda 2.0/mark v 2.0 and it's not keeping up with what I would like, and i feel like my past experience with tenergy and the current barracuda have given me terrible habits. I have 2 rhyzms on the way, and was making sure I am not going to get blown by with speed, or lack of ability to spin (since the hard sponge/hard blade combo)

Basically, I'm wondering what to expect with this combo based off of characteristics of both the blade and the rubbers?
Primorac
2.1 t05
1.9 t 64
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 3:47am
You did not mention rubber thickness, or your level, but Emotion with Rhyzm is a moderately fast, moderately spinny  combo with pretty good control and feel. You may find regular Rhyzm pretty hard for backhand. 

Rossi Emotion with Rhyzm and Rhyzm 425 backhand is the combo of choice for our top players who can hit the ball cleanly and make the ball sink into the top sheet. The Rhyzm topsheet is more difficult to stretch, but it snaps back very forcefully, so it really rewards strong technique. Our players who are not strong enough to cause the ball to sink into the Rhyzm topsheet prefer the Max series of rubbers. 

This past weekend, we played our first tournament since switching over to Joola. I certainly can't complain since excepting the Open where Jordan lost in the final to another Joola player, former Olympian Khoa Nguyen, we had a clean sweep of every high level event (U18, U2300, U2100, U1900, & U1700).
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 8:26am
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

how is it at looping against underspin?
What properties make a rubber good for looping against underpin?
Looping against under spin is a matter of technique not the rubber.

I would say it's a duo.. looping (or any kind of strokes) with the right rubber (and blade combo) makes a perfect duo for such a technique. :)
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 12:28pm
rubbers easy to loop against underspin:
- very grippy/tacky rubbers with hard or medium sponge
- almost no grip rubbers like long pips (yess :)
- low grip soft medium or soft sponged rubbers (but resulting spin will be lower than the first option)

rubbers relatively difficult to open loops against underspin:
- tacky soft sponged rubbers
- hard sponged rubbers with low grip, or the ones that loose the grip quickly
- short pips :)

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 5:11am
My Rhyzm-P arrived yesterday, so I gave it a quick try at last night's training session. I only gave it 20 minutes - my league season starts this week, and I don't want too many distractions.

I popped it on the FH side, with Rhyzm 425 on the BH. I'm a bit surprised at this stage. It feels faster than 425, a bit spinnier (topsheet feels a bit grippier), but the throw seemed very low, mainly on harder hits. Close-in play was very good, and it's not very bouncy in the short game at all. But the vast majority of my harder hits and drives were all in the bottom of the net.

Usually, I would give it some more time, or try it on an different blade, but I'm concentrating on the league match first. I will give it another go next week.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 3:34pm
-

Edited by debraj - 09/16/2014 at 3:40pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

-

You can read a lot into a single character post.

I understand some technique adjustment might be needed, but I'm not going to be willing to do it unless there is a really compelling reason. Over my 22 year playing history, my FH technique has progressed from agonisingly painful to a mild itch in the crotch region. It is a delicate ecosystem. Any technique adjustment could cause a critical collapse, resulting in a Planet of the Apes uprising doomsday scenario.

I was surprised mainly because the throw seemed lower than Rhyzm 425 AND regular Rhyzm. And I use hard sponged tensors on the FH these days - Rhyzm-P is slightly softer than the stuff I've used recently (45 compared to 47.5).

At this stage, it could be anything. Bad glue job. Breaking in period. Or it could just not be a suitable rubber for my needs. My surprise comes from Joola's description of a grippier topsheet when compared to the core Rhyzm line, but of course that is too simple an assumption.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
heavyforehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 10:52am
Hey all. I have been using Rhyzm for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Only problem for me is I splintered my blade pretty badly and need to transfer the rubber to a new blade. My question is if this is possible. I read that Tensors like Rakza 7 tend to shrink when you take them off a blade. If I remove the Rhyzm would this happen? If so, I'm going to have to wait until I can purchase new sheets for the new blade.

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (86 grams)

FH : Joola Rhyzm Max

BH : Joola Rhyzm Max

Weight - 186 grams
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 11:04am
Its not as big of a shrink as some might think. At least not in the case of xiom rubbers. Which are also esn, as is rhyzm.
Bit of olive oil on sponge over a day will stretch it right back out.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 11:09am
Ok good. Can you give me a little more detail on how to do the olive oil stretch? I have never stretched rubbers.

Weight - 186 grams
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 11:11am
Rhyzm doesn't shrink that much unless you used rubber cement.  And even then, it handles rubber cement better than others. Don't waste your time with olive oil.  

You are a pretty meticulous guy, but TT equipment is not high precision stuff.  It tolerates lots of errors and you can still play pretty precisely with good technique on substandard stuff.  I once played for a while with Baracuda sheet with too thick rubber cement that created uneven topsheet surface.  And people play with stuff that doesn't cover the full face of the blade or which has rips and tears around the edges.

Of course, TT aesthetes that can't play with rubber used more than once and perfectly cut to the blade do exist as well.

Edited by NextLevel - 09/24/2015 at 11:22am
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 11:35am
Main reason I am meticulous is because my first attempt at applying rubber and cutting was not very good. I learned what details I needed to know before I tried again and it came out much better.

So I wanted to pay attention to detail since the Rhyzm is a 75-$100 investment. But this is good to know. I used regular water based butterfly glue so I should be good.

Weight - 186 grams
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by heavyforehand heavyforehand wrote:

Main reason I am meticulous is because my first attempt at applying rubber and cutting was not very good. I learned what details I needed to know before I tried again and it came out much better.

So I wanted to pay attention to detail since the Rhyzm is a 75-$100 investment. But this is good to know. I used regular water based butterfly glue so I should be good.

Understood.  The same happened here, and it took me a few jobs to get comfortable with the fact that for me, how it looks is not as important as how it plays, and I am usually trying to get my blade neat and covered.  Over time, I got comfortable with deviations from my expectations.

Also, I recommend Donic VarioClean as a glue.  Not too strong, not too weak, and it allows you to use thin layers - the thick layers are the ones where errors start creeping in more easily in smoothness.
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 1:14pm
You are totally right about the looks part. I made peace with that, I just would prefer to have the rubber cover the blade if possible since I already splintered my all play. Made me a little sensitive to that part..lol.

Weight - 186 grams
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 1:39pm
Get gaffer tape from Amazon.  It's the best value edge tape that I have ever bought or used.  Comes in many colors too.
Cybershape Carbon
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 3:06pm
I have to confirm what NL said, Rhyzm doesn't shrink much unless you expanded it first with something other than waterbased glue. Have to confirm about olive oil too, DO NOT use such thing, it does not expand sponge but will make it oily and heavy and messy and gooey and will ruin your rubber. 

The only 'boosting' i approve on Rhyzm is regluing after two months. I don't know if the old glue loses hold, but when i fresh glue it with normal WBG glue feels good again. That holds for any rubber though... more than 2 months with same glue just... begins to feel a little dull.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 3:31pm

Get gaffer tape from Amazon.  It's the best value edge tape that I have ever bought or used.  Comes in many colors too.

This is what I use - I will probably give away my red roll soon.

http://www.amazon.com/JVCC-Stage-Set-Spike-Tape-Black/dp/B000QDZMAE/ref=pd_sim_421_24?ie=UTF8&refRID=1R32ASWNSH2TXT5T8R14

Edited by NextLevel - 09/24/2015 at 3:32pm
Cybershape Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 3:34pm
Greatest tape ever for TT, leaves no residue behind when you remove it, protects really well, and cheap.  Comes in many sizes too.  The version use goes all the way to the topsheat and really protects outer margin of that also.
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 3:41pm
I use the same Spike tape. It's cheaper and better. What's not to like?
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 5:40pm

Rhyzm doesn't shrink that much unless you used rubber cement.  And even then, it handles rubber cement better than others. Don't waste your time with olive oil.  

You are a pretty meticulous guy, but TT equipment is not high precision stuff.  It tolerates lots of errors and you can still play pretty precisely with good technique on substandard stuff.  I once played for a while with Baracuda sheet with too thick rubber cement that created uneven topsheet surface.  And people play with stuff that doesn't cover the full face of the blade or which has rips and tears around the edges.

Of course, TT aesthetes that can't play with rubber used more than once and perfectly cut to the blade do exist as well.
I use rubber cement, and Rhyzm doesn't shrink. You need to let it sit for at least 12 hours or so. 
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 12:25am
Yes, if you take Rhyzm of and re-glue it to new blade right away you don´t have to worry. If you take it of and let it sit for few days then it will shrink a bit more. At least that was the case few yers back when I was playing with Rhyzm,

Edited by Tommy16 - 09/25/2015 at 6:29am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic