Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tin Arc discussion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tin Arc discussion
    Posted: 02/21/2012 at 11:33pm
This was originally a FS ad, moving it to equipment to continue the discussion ;)

Cut "oversized" (bigger than stiga), used once. 

I got this in a trade and thought I got tin arc 3, in fact the packaging is tin arc 3, but the rubber is regular tin arc, orange sponge, 'tin arc' on the topsheet.

Well now I'm really interested to try tin arc 3 because this topsheet is slightly tacky and short game characteristics of this rubber are just awesome.  Very powerful -  I don't need the speed for my forehand, I'll settle for slightly lower throw, spinner, and slower.  If tin arc 3 is tackier and slower it will be more up my alley.

Will trade for a new tin arc 3 in 37 deg and throw in $7, sell for $38, trades of course also ok.

edit: maybe I shouldn't be so hasty to get rid of this.  Very impressed with this rubber TBH.

Edited by chronos - 02/22/2012 at 11:52am
Sponsored Links

128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 12:32am
If you like it a lot, I have a black tin arc (supposed to be 36 degrees instead of normal 37, but package never had hardness label to verify...)

And I have a red Tin Arc 3. Both were well kept, are cut, and have a lot of life left.  PM me if you're interested in buying or trading. Prices would be very reasonable.
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 3:53am
Hi, how tacky is TA3 compared with Thors?.

Thanks in advance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 10:03am
I found Thor's to be semi-tacky (at least the one I have in black, i don't know if red is different or if quality control varies like it can with DHS commercial rubbers. But I doubt it...)

I consider on the tackiness level a Geospin Tacky or 999 Blue Lucifer to be a 10/10

Consider Hurricane/Skyline to be 7 or 8/10

I consider Globe 999 to be 6/10

I consider Thor's to be a 4/10

And I consider Tin Arc 3 to be a 2/10

All the reviews said Tin Arc and TA 3 to be semi-tacky. I disagree completely. Thor's is what I would call semi-tacky. But that is what bother me about it. The sponge on Thor's was way too hard and bouncy to dig in to it to create spin like a European rubber, and the topsheet was not tacky enough to much spin either. So I ended up with a dilemma, cuz Thor's is fast enough, but not tacky or soft enough for huge spin. So I put it on my backhand, as I found it to be good for a quick-attack style close to the table. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice rubber, but I wanted more spin capability for my FH. But I do like it as a fast backhand rubber, being a cheaper alternative to the popular Tenergy 64 on the BH like so many people play.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 10:04am
Anymore questions, just PM me, since this thread is no closed LoL Tongue
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 11:55am
hrrm, how do I move this to another section?  Happy to keep this post alive but FS isn't the right place any more.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2012 at 12:05pm
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic