Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The 20th Asian Table Tennis Championship (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The 20th Asian Table Tennis Championship (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 20th Asian Table Tennis Championship (video)
    Posted: 03/22/2012 at 5:26pm
This was a great match!!!

NEW!!! High Quality [ms-f] MA Long - ZHANG Jike [Full Match|Short Form]

** note **
For best viewing use the Direct link: "Full Screen @720p" recommented

--enjoy!!!  Smile

Edited by janus700 - 03/23/2012 at 5:32am
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
Sponsored Links

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2012 at 8:10am
is it just me or does Zhang Jike seem to be having problems with his left knee it seems that way also in the semis against Wang Hoa.
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2012 at 6:37am
Ma Long is better because he won the last meeting and Joo is better than Timo for the same reason.

This is simple, but should Joo go to the olympics, I would think Ryu should decide.

Would Singapore have beaten China?  Ask Korea.

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 3:19pm
So whining does require repetition?  It is not anywhere in the definition.  And even though loudness may be a part of the definition, it is not required either. 

As for Ma Long whining, I have not at any time claimed that he whined.

Parochial intellect?  Projection on your part.
tonycl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonycl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

I do not want to get involved in the debate of who's better than who.  There are a lot of debates out there regarding who's the greatest, and everybody goes nuts about it so I stay away from this kind of debate.  But not shaking hand after a match, especially when losing, is just unsportsmanship. 

I like this quote in the movie "Any Given Sunday": 

On any given Sunday, you're gonna win or you're gonna lose.  The point is - can you win or lose like a man?

FireHorse

P.S. just to be clear, I'm not a fan of either Ma Long or Zhang Jike.  My idol is an older generation player.

+1Clap

The Chinese national team is strict, I'm sure Zhang Jike will get a word or two from the coaching staff
They can punnish you, no matter how good you are.
I think Zhang was just being stuppid, he will soon realise that what he is doing is not helping him.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by snerdly snerdly wrote:

Try harder.  That is not the definition of whining, though it may be your definition.

----------------------------------
 I know English is not everyone's first language but surely some of us can look beyond our limitations and embrace enhanced understanding of slang but for those unable to do so with their parochial intellects, I'll provide alternatives:

--

whine  (hwn, wn)
v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v.intr.
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.
v.tr.
To utter with a whine.
n.
1. The act of whining.
2. A whining sound.
3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.

-----------

So how is Ma Long being childish or complaining?

Come on now, the guy obviously doesn't understand English too well, let's not be too hard on him!
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 3:04pm

Try harder.  That is not the definition of whining, though it may be your definition.

I don't see Ma Long whining about anything... His fans maybe, but he's notLOL

Had he said "I would of beat him in the worlds had I met him, and he wouldn't have won it", then that'd be whining. He simply said ZJK's win inspired him to do better...
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 11:27am
XX right now is under the most pressure to perform since ML and ZJK are the favourites to play in olympics.

Every match right now, he knows he has to perform to maximum ability just so he can push the coaches to maybe give him a chance.

There is nobody that is under more pressure than XX to win right now and i dont see him acting like a prick when he lost to ML.

just for the record, XX does much better against ML than ZJK does so don't give me the rivalry excuse
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 9:59am

----------------------------------
 I know English is not everyone's first language but surely some of us can look beyond our limitations and embrace enhanced understanding of slang but for those unable to do so with their parochial intellects, I'll provide alternatives:

--

whine  (hwn, wn)
v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v.intr.
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.
v.tr.
To utter with a whine.
n.
1. The act of whining.
2. A whining sound.
3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.

-----------

So how is Ma Long being childish or complaining?

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 9:26am

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 9:11am
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

So far they've both put Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Xu Xin in the shade. In the interview referred to earlier, Ma Long said (with conviction):

Xu Xin is not even 21 yet (or might just be 21) - again, let's keep things in perspective and remember that he might be where Ma Long and Zhang Jike were a year or two ago!
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 9:05am

Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

You should look up the definition of "whining" first.

Would be so kind as to explain it to me?

I'll try - "whining" is repeatedly and loudly complaining and doing nothing about it.  What Ma Long did was point out one of his inspirations - he clearly did something about it and I haven't seen him complain.
Cybershape Carbon
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 8:43am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Would be so kind as to explain it to me?
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 7:26am
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

I do not want to get involved in the debate of who's better than who.  There are a lot of debates out there regarding who's the greatest, and everybody goes nuts about it so I stay away from this kind of debate.  But not shaking hand after a match, especially when losing, is just unsportsmanship. 

On any given Sunday, you're gonna win or you're gonna lose.  The point is - can you win or lose like a man?

FireHorse

P.S. just to be clear, I'm not a fan of either Ma Long or Zhang Jike.  My idol is an older generation player.

+1Clap
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 7:08am
Ma Long is at present the world number 1.

If he goes to the Olympics he is the maximum favorite to win.

In a match against any player in the world he is probably going to win.

And Zhang Jike is the number 2.

Because Ma Long is number 1 and Zhang Jike is number 2, Ma Long usually beats ZJK.

And in the last ZJK defeat in the Asian Champs. ZJK, who is very young, steamed and didn't shake hands to Ma Long.

Things are very clear, aren't they. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 6:00am

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 03/03/2012 at 6:09am
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 1:33am
ZJK didn't win the 2010 WC when he was given a chance, did he?  And really, the WC is a big tournament in name only, the level of competition isn't even close to the Chinese national team trials.  The WTTC is the only truly major tournament these days when you factor in both competition and recognition.  Ma Long has been given more chances sure, but let's face it, he didn't really become such a dominant force until the second half of 2011, especially not mentally. 

As for ZJK not shaking hands, I think it's way overblown.  Sometimes when you win big or lose big, you get so distracted by emotions that you forget the common courtesy.  It happened in I think 95 when Wang Tao beat Persson to win the WTTTC for China, he just dropped to the floor and was mobbed by his teammates while Persson was trying to shake his hand.  I'm sure Wang Tao wasn't being impolite, he was just overcome by the joy of winning such a big event.
McLovin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLovin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 1:18am
I don't hate Ma Long at all.  I do prefer Zhang Jike.  The reason is because I like that he is different than the rest of the Chinese as far as personalities are concerned.  He is a rebel, and I sort of like that.  I'm also not saying that Ma Long is a choker.  My point is that when ZJK is given a chance to perform in big time events, he does, and Ma Long doesn't.  I think everyone is just in a Ma Long craze because he has won a bunch of pro tour events. 
ZJK beating Timo in the semi's is huge.  There is way more pressure on the Chinese players to beat foreigners (especially Timo) than when they play other Chinese players (just ask Hao Shuai). 

Zhang Jike has been both sick and injured in the past few months.  He was even injured playing World Cup and still managed to win. 

I am also not excusing ZJK not shaking hands.  I think he should have done so, but it's not like in tennis where they have a real handshake at the end of the match.  It's basically an acknowledgment, and ZJK should have acknowledged Ma Long after the match. 

For what it's worth, I enjoy a good honest debate.  That's what I enjoy about these forums.  There is no need to be calling someone stupid. 
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 1:16am
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 1:12am
It appears that Ma Long has lacked the level of conviction to obtain a major championship title to this point, and that he has clearly been exceeded by ZJK is this concern.  Ma Long has had more opportunities and zero results.
Nothing but silly butt-hurt whining.

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 9:11pm
This is a silly debate. They are rivals and they are both significantly ahead of the rest of the pack. Ma Long is world #1, Zhang Jike is world champion. Assuming nobody gets injured and Ma Long makes it (in place of Wang Hao) to the Olympics, it's gonna be a hell of a battle Ma Long vs. Zhang Jike for the gold medal bragging rights.

So far they've both put Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Xu Xin in the shade. In the interview referred to earlier, Ma Long said (with conviction):

"The turning point was when Zhang Jike bagged the World Championship title. I have been ahead of Zhang Jike before so when he won in Rotterdam, it really had a great impact on me." Ma Long admitted. 

Ma Long said that from a perspective of an athlete, they never concede defeat that easily. "Next year is the Olympic year. Every match now is related to the final qualification next year. So winning the championship title is an inspiration for me. I hope that I will exceed him." Ma Long said with conviction.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 9:05pm

There is constantly debate concerning who is the best, Ma Long or ZJK.  Always the head to head record is cited by Ma Long fans, which is fine if all you are concerned with is head to head match-ups.  But overall the better player can not be judged in such a limited scope.

Ma Long has been in two World Cup singles competitions, didn't made it to the finals either time.
ZJK has been in two World Cup singles competitions, made it to the finals both times and won it the second time.

Ma Long Has been in three World Championship singles competitions, never made it to the finals.
ZJK has been in one World Championship singles competition and won the Championship title.  BTW, in winning the title ZJK beat three of the four players who defeated Ma Long and prevented him from ever making it to the finals in these events.

Making the final  Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 3 for 3
Winning the title Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 2 for 3

Another measure would be the China National Championships which ZJK has won the last two times I believe; has Ma Long ever won this event?

Recently Ma Long has claimed to have been inspired by ZJK's accomplishments and has raised his performance a notch.  Could it be that Ma would not be playing at this level if not for the presence of ZJK?

Another issue to consider is that Wang Hao has gained weight and his movement has suffered as a result.  A lighter Wang Hao might make it a three way debate as to who is the best player; maybe even eliminate the debate altogether!

Again, none of this applies to the most recent version of Ma Long - no one is arguing that ZJK isn't more accomplished - since August last year, we have seen Ma Long play at a level that is almost unseen in TT history.  Focusing on titles cannot obscure this fact.  If Ma Long's level falls back and he doesn't get a chance to play the Olympics singles because of the new rule restricting spots from one country, it doesn't change the fact that winning 5 pro tour titles in a row is damn near insane.   It just didn't coincide with a period when he could enter a major tournament.  The ITTF Tour Final and this Asian Championship are the biggest events during the period of Ma Long's ascendance that he could play in (China was restricted to two players for the World Cup) and he won them both comfortably.

It is in fact to ZJK's credit that he was the one that broke Ma Long's streak, which leaves the debate slightly open, but doesn't obscure the incredible nature of Ma Long's consistently high level.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/02/2012 at 9:07pm
Cybershape Carbon
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 8:26pm
There is constantly debate concerning who is the best, Ma Long or ZJK.  Always the head to head record is cited by Ma Long fans, which is fine if all you are concerned with is head to head match-ups.  But overall the better player can not be judged in such a limited scope.

Ma Long has been in two World Cup singles competitions, didn't made it to the finals either time.
ZJK has been in two World Cup singles competitions, made it to the finals both times and won it the second time.

Ma Long Has been in three World Championship singles competitions, never made it to the finals.
ZJK has been in one World Championship singles competition and won the Championship title.  BTW, in winning the title ZJK beat three of the four players who defeated Ma Long and prevented him from ever making it to the finals in these events.

Making the final  Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 3 for 3
Winning the title Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 2 for 3

Another measure would be the China National Championships which ZJK has won the last two times I believe; has Ma Long ever won this event?

Recently Ma Long has claimed to have been inspired by ZJK's accomplishments and has raised his performance a notch.  Could it be that Ma would not be playing at this level if not for the presence of ZJK?

Another issue to consider is that Wang Hao has gained weight and his movement has suffered as a result.  A lighter Wang Hao might make it a three way debate as to who is the best player; maybe even eliminate the debate altogether!
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 6:32pm
Zhang did not give up. However, Ma Long took a very strategic timeout at 9-5, stopping Zhang's rhythm. Sometimes Zhang plays better(last tournament), and sometimes it's Ma Long(this tournament). Nothing wrong with not shaking hands. A heated rivalry is what this sport needs. 
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 4:24pm
Regarding Ma Long vs. Zhang Jike discussion, it could be that Zhang Jike is comfortable with his record now that he's already in the China TT Olympic list while Ma Long needs to try hard to get in? 

For this match, I just watched the short form but I think Ma Long was simply more consistent than Zhang Jike.  It could go either way since the first 3 games were very close except the last one that I think Zhang Jike could have given up since he couldn't find a way to handle Ma Long.

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 03/02/2012 at 4:26pm
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

Originally posted by Mike7381 Mike7381 wrote:

I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore,

When was the last time that WH lost to non-Chinese player in any sort of formal tournament? In this criterion, I think he is still good, and his performance has been more consistent than MLong, MLin and ZJk.

Instead of saying WH is not as good as before, I would say MLong and ZJK (and maybe XX as well) have improved a lot in the last two years and WH does not have any advantage against them any more.

Agreed - Wang Hao's strength and weakness is that he is on the Chinese Teamn - he gets all the great coaching, but the Chinese shakehanders get access to him and the RPB that Europeans never get.   I don't think it's an accident that Wang Hao was virtually unbeaten by shakehanders in top level competition for a few years.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/02/2012 at 1:39pm
Cybershape Carbon
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 1:24pm

I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore,

When was the last time that WH lost to non-Chinese player in any sort of formal tournament? In this criterion, I think he is still good, and his performance has been more consistent than MLong, MLin and ZJk.

Instead of saying WH is not as good as before, I would say MLong and ZJK (and maybe XX as well) have improved a lot in the last two years and WH does not have any advantage against them any more.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 12:51pm

I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore, maybe he really need to lose some weight, I think he is slower and not as active as before. Also he always lose the game when he almost win. He caught up playing against Zhang Jike from 1 - 3 to 3 - 3 and then the 7th game, he was winning 10 - 7 then he lost 5 straight pts. This happened to him a lot, same with the game playing Xu Xin in Qatar open. I just don't know why and how he would lose all those game when he was almost certain to won. I am disappointed at him.

i think china needs a new grand slam that s why they would pick wang hao, but it would be very risky since he lost 2 finals
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by atv atv wrote:

Originally posted by McLovin McLovin wrote:

I'm a ZJK fan.  If he were a quitter, he would have given up when he got kicked off CNT and sent to a provincial team for 2 years.  Ma Long plays the big points better?  Really?  Interesting.  How many majors does he have?  Ma Long plays well when there is nothing really important on the line.  2011 Worlds, lost to Wang Hao.  2010 World Team Championships, he had another loss in the final.  He does well in the pro tours, but does anyone really care about the pro tours other than the fact that it's just exciting to see some good table tennis? 
PS.  Do you guys really consider that lame hand touch they do in table tennis a handshake anyway?  It seems like everyone on here is a Ma Long fan, so I'm sure I will get hammered for this post, but someone has to take the other side.
#ZJK Current World Champion

Didn't see you much as ZJK fan but more of a ML hater

Wow, are you serious?  Ma long plays well when there is nothing really important on the line?  I hope you realize that right now, every single match whether singles or doubles is IMPORTANT AS HELL and has been since the last half year.

Right now, china is in the process of selecting players for olympics thus throwing out as many different combinations of men's doubles as possible.

you honestly think that there is nothing important on the line right now?  

Sorry, that was about the dumbest comment i've seen so far in this whole discussion thread.

Right now, matches are JUST as important as any other matches played throughout the years and although it is argueable that these matches are not the same as world championship matches, IT IS STILL VERY IMPORTANT.

Ma Long is completely DOMINATING right now.  4-0 vs XX and 4-0 vs ZJK.

Can you please remind me what the record is between your so called amazing player ZJK and ML?

what is it like 8-2 for ML?  maybe 8-3 if ur lucky?
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
Mike7381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike7381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 10:06am
I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore, maybe he really need to lose some weight, I think he is slower and not as active as before. Also he always lose the game when he almost win. He caught up playing against Zhang Jike from 1 - 3 to 3 - 3 and then the 7th game, he was winning 10 - 7 then he lost 5 straight pts. This happened to him a lot, same with the game playing Xu Xin in Qatar open. I just don't know why and how he would lose all those game when he was almost certain to won. I am disappointed at him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic