Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The 20th Asian Table Tennis Championship (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The 20th Asian Table Tennis Championship (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2012 at 12:36pm
Can't believe they didn't even play Ding Ning in the final, I guess shows how confident they are when they don't bother putting up the world champ, lol
Sponsored Links

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2012 at 1:22pm
(WT-Final) CHINA-SINGAPORE (match4) GUO Yue - FENG Tianwei  [Full Match]

Edited by janus700 - 02/28/2012 at 8:20am
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
bucky23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucky23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 4:37am
I wish they had shown more of the japan-korea semifinal...that one really went the distance, and it was really interesting to hear the commentator's thoughts on niwa vs seo, as well as the korean and japanese teams.

does anyone know if the first 4 matches of the semi are available anywhere else?
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 4:46am
Men's team Semi Final
China vs Chinese Taipei

http://bugu.cntv.cn/sports/information/cctv5tiyusaishi/classpage/video/20120226/100348.shtml

Men's team Semi Final
Korea vs Japan

http://bugu.cntv.cn/sports/information/cctv5tiyusaishi/classpage/video/20120226/100410.shtml

Can someone, or Janus,  please upload those 2 Mens semi final team matches? Thanks in advance.

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 4:59am
(MT-SF1) CHINA - TAIPEI [Full Match]

(MT-SF2) JPN-KOR [match5] NIWA Koki - SEO Hyun Deok [Full Match]

Note: only this match of the 2nd Semi Final transmitted

Edited by janus700 - 02/26/2012 at 5:17am
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 11:57am
MEN'S TEAM FINAL :: CHINA - JAPAN [FULL Match]

---------
Note: Short Forms of some separate matches will follow

Edited by janus700 - 02/26/2012 at 4:47pm
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 12:09pm
janus could you make short forms of the matches?
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

You didn't read the note of my previous post
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 12:46pm
# frame rate problem to watch fixed version click => HERE
=====================================================
(MT-F) [match1] ZHANG Jike - NIWA Koki [Full Match|Short Form]

Edited by janus700 - 02/28/2012 at 8:28am
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 2:33pm
Another 3-0 thrashing of Japan in the final by china. It is so boring to watch one sided match like this.
Table tennis needs a strong Europe to challenge china to make it more interesting. It is not fun to watch a no contest between china and the rest of the world, very very boring.
Hope the rest of the world can bridge the massive gap by producing a few more Waldners and Timo Bolls and dethrone china.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Another 3-0 thrashing of Japan in the final by china. It is so boring to watch one sided match like this.
Table tennis needs a strong Europe to challenge china to make it more interesting. It is not fun to watch a no contest between china and the rest of the world, very very boring.
Hope the rest of the world can bridge the massive gap by producing a few more Waldners and Timo Bolls and dethrone china.

X3  You can't "produce" a Waldner and Timo Boll never dethroned anyone from any major title. You just can't out produce the biggest country in the world when they have a massive work ethic and drive to excel instilled into them from 5 or 6 when they get put into professional training programs.

IMHO the only way the rest of the world can challenge China is by innovating new play styles to mix with hard core training. You simply can't overpower the Chinese, you have to out create them in mixing up spin and patterns.
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 4:34pm
# frame rate problem to watch fixed version click => HERE
=============================================
(MT-F) [match2] MA Lin - MIZUTANI Jun [Full Match|Short Form]

Edited by janus700 - 02/28/2012 at 8:32am
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 4:36pm
# frame rate problem to watch fixed version click => HERE
===========================================
(MT-F) [match3] MA Long - MATSUDAIRA Kenta [Full Match|Short Form]

Edited by janus700 - 02/28/2012 at 8:33am
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 6:52pm
I agree with jonan.

I think Japan are showing the way, and may get a bit closer before Niwa and Mizutani are finished, they just need the luck that Sweden had to have several outstanding individuals to front the challenge over quite a long period.
But in the meantime I still enjoy watching pro tt:
china, korea, japan,france germany, singapore its all very inspiring to watch
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 7:48pm
Mizutani's style has progressed well lately, he's gained a lot of touch and does a lot of spur of the moment moves well and changes things up, some balls he still is just getting them back on the table though. Luckily developing in the touch and finesse game obviously has a longer career span for the player.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by janus700 janus700 wrote:

You didn't read the note of my previous post

oh sori janus.

but still, you are the best uploader of tt videos

Edited by mrdoodzki - 02/26/2012 at 8:24pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2012 at 9:54pm

excuse me but only waldner has made harm to the chinese.boll can beat some in minor tournaments but in wttc nope sir
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 2:35am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

excuse me but only waldner has made harm to the chinese.boll can beat some in minor tournaments but in wttc nope sir

i would not consider world cup a minor tournament. timo boll has won against chinese in wttc events, though not enough to tip the scale in favor of the non-chinese...
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 5:23am
It still amazes me what an unstoppable force Ma Long can be if he's calm and on top of his game. I know that Matsudaira usually doesn't play that well againt the Chinese but in this kind of form Ma Long is not just going to beat you, he's going to kill you...Did you see the way Ma Lin reacted after the last point of the match? He really enjoyed that.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 7:59am

WTTTC 2010, Boll beat Ma Long in the final
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by mg mg wrote:

It still amazes me what an unstoppable force Ma Long can be if he's calm and on top of his game. I know that Matsudaira usually doesn't play that well againt the Chinese but in this kind of form Ma Long is not just going to beat you, he's going to kill you...Did you see the way Ma Lin reacted after the last point of the match? He really enjoyed that.

I didn't think Ma Long was unstoppable against Kenta. He had quite a few unforced errors. Kenta was playing normally like he always does, and emotionally gave up 2nd and 3rd. If instead it was Boll or Ovcharov vs Ma Long, it would have been a thriller. I do agree that Ma Long can go into unstoppable mode, and only a few players also in unstoppable mode can beat him. 
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 4:08pm
The previous version of this video had some problem in the natural flow of frames (frame rate)
# Now is fixed!

(MT-F) [match2] MA Lin - MIZUTANI Jun [Full Match|Short Form][720p]

Edited by janus700 - 02/27/2012 at 5:20pm
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

WTTTC 2010, Boll beat Ma Long in the final

Worth noting that he still didn't win that event as his team couldn't match up. So won the battle but lost the war.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 6:52pm
That was also like well over a year ago.

Interestingly in this tournament, ZJK/ML got knocked out in the first round of the doubles competition in 3 straight sets by a pair from India.  Doesn't bode well for ML's chances at the Olympics, not that he really had a great chance to begin with(I think ZJK, WH, and ML pretty much has it wrapped up unless one of them has a disastrous performance in the WTTTC).
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 7:03pm
when is the singles event for the Asian Championship?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Interestingly in this tournament, ZJK/ML got knocked out in the first round of the doubles competition in 3 straight sets by a pair from India.

Now THAT I want to see...please, someone, somewhere, we neeeed that video. Can title it, "How 2 unknowns from a country with no big table tennis background can defeat the reigning world and olympic champions.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Interestingly in this tournament, ZJK/ML got knocked out in the first round of the doubles competition in 3 straight sets by a pair from India.

Now THAT I want to see...please, someone, somewhere, we neeeed that video. Can title it, "How 2 unknowns from a country with no big table tennis background can defeat the reigning world and olympic champions.

Achanta and Saha are hardly "unknowns", they're the reigning Commonwealth champions (beating Gao Ning and Yang Zi in the final).

And India is rapidly emerging - at the 2011 junior worlds they beat South Korea in the team event and gave China a run for their money (0-3, but all matches in 5 games).
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 7:34pm

when is the singles event for the Asian Championship?

It's running already. ITTF has draws and results:
http://ittf.com/competitions/competitions2.asp?Competition_ID=2130&category=Cont

mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 8:24pm
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Achanta and Saha are hardly "unknowns", they're the reigning Commonwealth champions (beating Gao Ning and Yang Zi in the final).

And India is rapidly emerging - at the 2011 junior worlds they beat South Korea in the team event and gave China a run for their money (0-3, but all matches in 5 games).

Of course I've heard of Achanta before, with his coming to the US open so many times, but I had never heard of Saha before, and I mean I pour through the results from almost every single pro tour event. He's currently at #257 in the world, Kamal is still just #75. And reigning commonwealth doubles champions...eh. I can't even name the world mixed doubles champions off the top of my head, because I mean doubles...I think the top players only do them half the time because otherwise they would get bored and the Chinese don't really even care (Zhang Chao and Cao Zhen are current mixed doubles world champions btw, went and wikied it)

The point is!!! This is a massive upset, wouldn't have put 1:100 odds on it. And yes, they are rapidly emerging, but what I said was, no big history in the sport. They haven't been producing top pros like most Asian and European countries for decades.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic